PDA

View Full Version : A Word for the league.....

xtremesteven33
02-24-2008, 01:02 AM
"Those who fail to study History, are Doomed to REPEAT it."

DazedAndConfused
02-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Actually if you studied your history then you'd know the Spurs will not repeat :)

xtremesteven33
02-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Actually if you studied your history then you'd know the Spurs will not repeat :)

Right before ALL STAR break people say "Spurs are too old"
they said it last year and this year.....

Spurs go on a wining streak this time of year....
DOOMED to not learn from history, wise guy

Mr. Body
02-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Well, it IS an even year.

NRHector
02-24-2008, 01:42 AM
well let's see I guess the lakers learned their lesson from history that's why they brought Gasol so they won't repeat history from last year and so did the suns and everybody else that are making trades and building their teams especially to try to beat the Spurs, well you are right the whole fucken NBA studied history from last year

Allanon
02-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Lakers only traded because Bynum got injured. They got lucky and Gasol landed in their lap.

Dazed is right though, Timmy is the best power forward of all time and the only knock on his career will be that he never did a repeat.

honestfool84
02-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Lakers only traded because Bynum got injured. They got lucky and Gasol landed in their lap.

Dazed is right though, Timmy is the best power forward of all time and the only knock on his career will be that he never did a repeat.

duncan, never repeating?

how about, two time, back-to-back, repeating, consecutive MVPs?

lets see kobe do that..
oh, wait. he's never won ONE.

-David

mojorizen7
02-24-2008, 01:52 AM
:oops

Amuseddaysleeper
02-24-2008, 01:52 AM

:lol

I actually give you props on that one

Allanon
02-24-2008, 01:53 AM
duncan, never repeating?

lets see kobe do that..

-David

If all you want out of Timmy is a MVP repeat, I suppose that's ok.

And Kobe will get his hands on MVP this year. What will put him over the top is taking his team to a 60 win season with a broken pinky. You can't lose with those odds.

honestfool84
02-24-2008, 01:56 AM
If all you want out of Timmy is a MVP repeat, I suppose that's ok.

And Kobe will get his hands on MVP this year. What put him over the top is taking his team to a 60 win season with a broken pinky. You can't lose with those odds.

nah, he'll get his repeat rings.

and i love how when the superhero leaves, kobe (the sidekick), can't win any rings..

-David

Allanon
02-24-2008, 01:58 AM
nah, he'll get his repeat rings.

and i love how when the superhero leaves, kobe (the sidekick), can't win any rings..

-David

Nobody can win the title with a bunch of scrubs. But now that Kobe has some pretty good sidekicks...

No excuses for Kobe this year if he can't get to the promised land.

honestfool84
02-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Nobody can win the title with a bunch of scrubs. But now that Kobe has some pretty good sidekicks...

No excuses for Kobe this year if he can't get to the promised land.

well when he does lose, i have the perfect excuse for him...

"spurs."

-David

Allanon
02-24-2008, 02:05 AM

"spurs."

-David

I suppose when the Spurs lose, the excuse will be *lakers.*

But neither one is an excuse really.

NRHector
02-24-2008, 02:06 AM

"spurs."

-David
and don't forget his pinky :cry

honestfool84
02-24-2008, 02:08 AM

that was bad grammar; the spurs aren't gonna lose.

'night.

-David

Man In Black
02-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Timmy is the best power forward of all time and the only knock on his career will be that he never did a repeat.

EXPLAIN LARRY JOE BIRD THE LEGEND THEN...

Waiting...

Hey how many times did Bird repeat? Yet does it ever get talked about? NO! It's bullshit BIGCITY tactics because it soothes their egos.

Princess Pimp
02-24-2008, 03:45 AM
Well, it IS an even year.
TYPICAL EXCUSE!

Can you change that ??? Stop using that excuse !!!!!!

Princess Pimp
02-24-2008, 03:46 AM
duncan, never repeating?

lets see kobe do that..

-David

Irrelevant!!

ancestron
02-24-2008, 03:48 AM
Stop fuckin talkin about it.

J.T.
02-24-2008, 06:01 AM

If the Lakers even get the play the Spurs and haven't exhausted their *Suns* excuse for the third straight year.

m33p0
02-24-2008, 07:33 AM
well let's see I guess the lakers learned their lesson from history that's why they bought Gasol so they won't repeat history from last year and so did the suns and everybody else that are making trades and building their teams especially to try to beat the Spurs, well you are right the whole fucken NBA studied history from last year

m33p0
02-24-2008, 07:42 AM

and if bynum wasn't injured, you think lakers wouldn't have made the move to get gasol? you think they will stick with the same lineup that failed in the first round last season? you think derrick fisher would have been enough to knock the suns down?

if timmy failed to ever win back to back championships and yet have won 4 with different teammates is a knock, what does it say about kobe who never won one since o'neal left?

better put a filter in that brain-mouth thing before you post anymore nonsense.

WalterBenitez
02-24-2008, 07:46 AM
:sleep too early to make futurologist ... next!

whottt
02-24-2008, 08:04 AM
It's about time people doubted the Spurs in a repeat year...that's the been the main problem.

Everyone always pencils them in to repeat and is afraid to pick against them...finally, they've stopped...and now the Spurs are being doubted and overlooked like they usually are in the years they win, in a repeat year.

What took you guys so long?

Just please don't say we're the favorites until someone beats us...that's what they always say, and that's what always gets us.

m33p0
02-24-2008, 08:07 AM
It's about time people doubted the Spurs in a repeat year...that's the been the main problem.

Everyone always pencils them in to repeat...finally, they've stopped...and now they are being doubted and overlooked like they usually are in the years they win.

What took you guys so long?
you think that's the reason not the even year thingy? hmmm....

.... we got a new game plan for next year, kids. doubt the spurs.

whottt
02-24-2008, 08:08 AM
I have noticed one thing though, the Spurs are getting better and better in repeat years..in 99 we didn't even make it out of the first round. In 04 we lost in 6, and in 06 we lost in 7....