PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul

SpursDynasty
02-24-2008, 01:59 AM
You think you're some badass don't you? You look like a clown trying to hang with the champion Spurs. Idiot.

kingsfan
02-24-2008, 02:04 AM
:flipoff 27 pts. isn't too shabby. He's still better than TP.

Findog
02-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Hi Jeff.

Spuradicator
02-24-2008, 02:26 AM
I give props to Chris Paul. He's a pretty fucking good player.

Findog
02-24-2008, 02:39 AM
He tried to drop some dimes on the Spurs. No surprises there.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 02:54 AM
After a month long leave of absence this shit is what you come back with?

Brutalis
02-24-2008, 03:03 AM
:flipoff 27 pts. isn't too shabby. He's still better than TP.
Swap them and you'd sing a different tune.

Fillmoe
02-24-2008, 03:07 AM
chris paul > anyone on the spurs right now

Findog
02-24-2008, 03:22 AM

Careful, you're gonna rile up the Manu groupies.

crc21209
02-24-2008, 03:32 AM
Surely not Manu Fuckin Ginobili right now...

v2freak
02-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi Jeff.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you do that?

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Because his name is Jeff and he's a tard

Medvedenko
02-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Chris Paul is my second favorite player in the L right now. I love his game.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 03:42 AM
Swap them and you'd sing a different tune.

Are
You
Fucking
Shitting
Me
?

ancestron
02-24-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi Jeff.

Medvedenko
02-24-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi Jeff.

You have the weakest game on this forum buddy. Please, keep parroting....it's humorous.

atxrocker
02-24-2008, 04:39 AM
I love his game.

it would be hard not too. the guy is pretty fucking amazing. Cp3 is cold as fuck.

Cry Havoc
02-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Cp3 is the best point guard in the league since Kidd was at his peak. Perhaps farther back than that. He's already that good. He just needs more experience and consistency.

He could seriously be the best point guard we've seen since Magic Johnson.

dg7md
02-24-2008, 05:55 AM

Duncan > Paul

Otherwise you have a pretty valid argument.

J.T.
02-24-2008, 06:03 AM
I won my fantasy league during CP3's rookie year and he was a big part of my championship run. Fuck you, Jeff.

ElNono
02-24-2008, 11:22 AM
CP3 is money. Their problem is that they have Tyson Chandler that when the going gets rough, just folds, and Peja got the Bowen treatment. When the playoffs come around CP3 will see much more double teams. We'll see how it works out then.

1Parker1
02-24-2008, 11:42 AM
^I don't think anyone expects the Hornets to be serious contenders this year. But the fact remains, they have a great, young core group and are about 1 or 2 pieces away and a year or two experience away from blowing out the West. I think they have the potential to be THAT good with Chris Paul.

td4mvp21
02-24-2008, 11:48 AM
^I don't think anyone expects the Hornets to be serious contenders this year. But the fact remains, they have a great, young core group and are about 1 or 2 pieces away and a year or two experience away from blowing out the West. I think they have the potential to be THAT good with Chris Paul.

I agree, I think they will be lucky to get out of the first round this year, just because as a core, they have no playoff experience. All the other teams in the West have experience playing together in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-24-2008, 11:50 AM
After a month long leave of absence this shit is what you come back with?

MajorMike
02-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Idiot. CP3 may not be on the Spurs, but he is still the best PG on the court today. He does more with less than anyone else.

Its the Barry Sanders syndrome - he had absolutely squat on Detroit yet he was a superstar. Swap him and Emmitt and see who is the best ever.

SpursDynasty
02-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Chris Paul is having a fluke year, like Mike Bibby in 2001-2002.

We won't remember who Chris Paul is after this season is done.

gmanrulz
02-24-2008, 03:26 PM

dont compare paul to duncan again. seriously.

Armando
02-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Chris Paul is a great player. Must be the water in Wake Forrest. Seriously though I think he is right up there with Nash and Parker. Tony not Smush.

sribb43
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I think TP is great but CP3 is unbelievable and will torch any PG in the league

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Chris Paul is a great player. Must be the water in Wake Forrest. Seriously though I think he is right up the with Nash and Parker. Tony not Smush.

Um..Nash, Paul, Williams, Kidd, and Baron Davis are all on a totally different level than Tony Parker. He is a second tier point guard.

gmanrulz
02-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Um..Nash, Paul, Williams, Kidd, and Baron Davis are all on a totally different level than Tony Parker. He is a second tier point guard.

kidd sucks. Devin Harris>>>>>Kidd.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
kidd sucks. Devin Harris>>>>>Kidd.

Kidd>Parker>Harris get real

Agloco
02-24-2008, 07:27 PM

I'll take second tier over that list of trash you threw up.

Since when are Finals MVPs second tier guards?

gmanrulz
02-24-2008, 08:03 PM
hahaha kidd>parker riiiight

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Funny how just last year anyone with half a brain would say Kidd is better than Parker, but combine the Kidd critics with the fact that he's now a Maverick and Spur fan laughs at the thought.

Armando
02-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Funny how just last year anyone with half a brain would say Kidd is better than Parker, but combine the Kidd critics with the fact that he's now a Maverick and Spur fan laughs at the thought.

Parker = Finals MVP and 3 rings

Kidd = 0

Findog
02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Parker = Finals MVP and 3 rings

Kidd = 0

Robert Horry = 7 rings

Kevin Garnett = 0 rings.

Horry > Garnett.

Parker played well in that series, but he is a very good player who sometimes looks like a great player because he's got Duncan behind him. Don't ever forget that. He's a rich man's Devin Harris.

ElNono
02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
So why are Duncan, Ginobili and Parker called the big 3?
To some dudes here we should just change it to Duncan plus the scrubs it seems.
I thought the last 5 games or so finally proven that Ginobili can carry a team.
And even though you can say Cleveland was horrible, he still carried us to the title and had a well earned MVP throphy.

Findog
02-24-2008, 10:16 PM
And even though you can say Cleveland was horrible, he still carried us to the title and had a well earned MVP throphy.

I simply think that Parker would not be as effective without a dominant big behind him. You can say that of a lot of players. Parker is an All-Star reserve caliber player. I assume "Big Three" is for marketing purposes.

ElNono
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Robert Horry = 7 rings

Kevin Garnett = 0 rings.

Horry > Garnett.

Talent wise, probably not, but do you think that winning 7 titles with 3 different teams and teammates is pure luck? The guy is pure clutch and effort and he also made the right decisions as to where he should play in order to always be playing for the trophy.
Garnett is a great talent, but the options he made, like staying in Timberland forever is nobody's fault but his.

Findog
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Talent wise, probably not, but do you think that winning 7 titles with 3 different teams and teammates is pure luck? The guy is pure clutch and effort and he also made the right decisions as to where he should play in order to always be playing for the trophy.
Garnett is a great talent, but the options he made, like staying in Timberland forever is nobody's fault but his.

He's a great role player, no doubt about it. If I were a GM, he'd always have a roster slot and a spot in my rotation. But you know, a large part of that is being in the right place at the right time -- he was drafted by the Rockets, not some crap-ass team, he was traded to the Lakers, not some crap-ass team, and he chose to sign with the Spurs, instead of with some crap-ass team.

If you look back at Garnett's career in Minnesota, I like how people expected him to advance to the second round when his teams were always the seventh or eighth seed and they were playing much stronger clubs. What series did the T-Wolves lose that they should've won?

ElNono
02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
I simply think that Parker would not be as effective without a dominant big behind him. You can say that of a lot of players. Parker is an All-Star reserve caliber player. I assume "Big Three" is for marketing purposes.

But that works like that everywhere: Tony-TD, Nash-Amare, old Kidd-KMart, Williams-Boozer, CP3-Chandler/West...

I actually do think CP3 > Tony, because I think he's a better distributor. But even then, I think TP does a pretty good job against any of the elite PGs out there.

Armando
02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
He's a great role player, no doubt about it. If I were a GM, he'd always have a roster slot and a spot in my rotation. But you know, a large part of that is being in the right place at the right time -- he was drafted by the Rockets, not some crap-ass team, he was traded to the Lakers, not some crap-ass team, and he chose to sign with the Spurs, instead of with some crap-ass team.

If you look back at Garnett's career in Minnesota, I like how people expected him to advance to the second round when his teams were always the seventh or eighth seed and they were playing much stronger clubs. What series did the T-Wolves lose that they should've won?

Is the same thing with Denver Nuggets. Carmelo Anthony is a good player but his teams even with AI at best are a 6 to 8th seed in the West. I liked how last year some people had them beating San Antonio in the 1st round. Anthony has yet to advance past the opening round.

Armando
02-24-2008, 10:32 PM
But that works like that everywhere: Tony-TD, Nash-Amare, old Kidd-KMart, Williams-Boozer, CP3-Chandler/West...

I actually do think CP3 > Tony, because I think he's a better distributor. But even then, I think TP does a pretty good job against any of the elite PGs out there.

Shaq-Kobe
Shaq-Wade

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Ginobili is good, stop putting words in people's mouth ass.

Agloco
02-24-2008, 10:40 PM

Who the hell is talking about last year? We were discussing now weren't we? Parker's got another ring and a Finals MVP since then. All Kidd's gotten since then is another couple of wrinkles around his eyes.

The balance has definitely shifted. That list you threw up was trash. Just own it and move on.

ElNono
02-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Ginobili is good, stop putting words in people's mouth ass.

Actually a couple of people here said that Ginobili couldn't carry a team, and that he would pretty much suck without Duncan around.
It's on the Ginobili thread right on this board. So before you open your big mouth to end up looking like an ass again, please catch up on the reading.

Agloco
02-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Robert Horry = 7 rings

Kevin Garnett = 0 rings.

Horry > Garnett.

Parker played well in that series, but he is a very good player who sometimes looks like a great player because he's got Duncan behind him. Don't ever forget that. He's a rich man's Devin Harris.

With a consistent jumper no less. Are you telling me that Devin Harris, if he were in last years NBA finals would have had just as good a shot at winning the MVP?

Be honest now......

Findog
02-24-2008, 10:48 PM
With a consistent jumper no less. Are you telling me that Devin Harris, if he were in last years NBA finals would have had just as good a shot at winning the MVP?

Be honest now......

Parker is a better version of Devin Harris, their skillset is similar, but I'd give the edge to Parker. And if Devin Harris was your starting PG, he'd look better than he did in Dallas with Duncan behind him.

ElNono
02-24-2008, 11:08 PM

He was actually traded from the Rockets to Phoenix, on the Barkley trade. He realized he wasn't going to win shit there, and so he did the Ainge towel in face episode which resulted in him being traded to the Lakers.

Findog
02-24-2008, 11:11 PM
He was actually traded from the Rockets to Phoenix, on the Barkley trade. He realized he wasn't going to win shit there, and so he did the Ainge towel in face episode which resulted in him being traded to the Lakers.

Yeah, I know that. My point was that he didn't have ultimate control over his destination. The Ainge incident is just further proof what a douchebag he is. Good role player, but also a douche.