PDA

View Full Version : if Barry signs with Suns, is he a traitor??

hater
02-24-2008, 03:48 PM
He is a traitor if he does. Because Suns are the anti-Spurs and they and their fans have talked too much shit about the Spurs.

if Barry signs with another team other than Suns, that is not a problem. but if he signs with Suns, he is a damn traitor!

Barry, do the right thing!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
no, simple as that. Barry has done a lot for us, and people should remember that

ShoogarBear
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, huge traitor. Gigantic mega-traitor.

This would be much bigger treason than one could ever say about AJ . . . if one was so inclined.

BonnerDynasty
02-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Depends rather he tries to make or miss that game winning 3!

FromWayDowntown
02-24-2008, 04:01 PM

This would be much bigger treason than one could ever say about AJ . . . if one was so inclined.

Nicely played.

picnroll
02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Save the Suns Brent.

Dex
02-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Games like the one going down against the Pistons right now aren't making a great case for the Suns.

phyzik
02-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Games like the one going down against the Pistons right now aren't making a great case for the Suns.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope Barry is watching.

ShoogarBear
02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Shaq has really shored up that Sun defense and toughness, hasn't he?

hater
02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Barry is watching. Hopefully he does not want any part of that freak circus that is the Phoenix Suns

Barry, do the right thing

SenorSpur
02-24-2008, 04:32 PM
C'mon guys. Barry didn't ask to be traded. If he signs with someone else, it's his right.

easjer
02-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Shaq has really shored up that Sun defense and toughness, hasn't he?

What I really love about the trade is how Shaq has really freed them to run more, just like 'they' predicted.

Masterful, really.

As for Barry, he would quite naturally be the biggest traitor that ever traited.

And I'd boycott HEB forever for ever daring to use him in their commercials.

:rolleyes

It's a business decision, and I can't fault the guy for a business decision. It doesn't mean I wouldn't be angry or unhappy about it. I wasn't happy that he was traded, but I understand why he was. I want him to come back, because I like him tremendously as a player and a personality. I don't want him to go a rival, because I like him as a player and fear that he could hurt us - not just on the court, but with his very recent and intimate knowledge of the Spurs.

I'm praying that he resigns with the Spurs and that they don't make him regret his decision to resign.

Mr. Body
02-24-2008, 04:39 PM
He's not a traitor if he does. Godspeed to him.

But the way Detroit is smacking Phoenix around, he'd have to think twice.

O-Factor
02-24-2008, 04:40 PM
No...it doesn't make him a traitor, it would make him stupid. Unless he doesn't want another championship and doesn't want to be a part of something special.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
No...it doesn't make him a traitor, it would make him stupid. Unless he doesn't want another championship and doesn't want to be a part of something special.
:tu

Agloco
02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
No way can you call him a traitor when the Spurs showed him no loyalty to begin with.

You know what they say, what goes around......

Unless, of course, the conspiracy theory that people are advancing holds true. In this case he would indeed be a backstabber.

The world will never know....... :smokin

nkdlunch
02-24-2008, 04:47 PM
guys you are sending the wrong message to Barry. Stop voting no

Budkin
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM
He was under trade threats most of his time here and actually was traded once even though it fell through. He most certainly would not be a traitor.

hater
02-24-2008, 05:21 PM
mmm true. Anyway many Spurs fans will change their mind if Barry is signed by Suns and drains a few threes in ATT center

angel_luv
02-24-2008, 05:36 PM
I would give Brent some consideration and forgiveness about whomever else he signs with since the Spurs traded him and therefore started all this.

I wouldn't stop liking Brent if he were a *shudder* Sun's player. But I wouldn't be able to root for his team's success.

SpursWoman
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM

:lol

SpursFan0728
02-24-2008, 06:13 PM
C'mon guys. Barry didn't ask to be traded. If he signs with someone else, it's his right.

Brutalis
02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Hell no he isn't a traitor. The SPURS are the one that TRADED him to begin with.

Louie Vega
02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Hell no he isn't a traitor. The SPURS are the one that TRADED him to begin with.

Exactly. Just like AJ.

Brutalis
02-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Exactly. Just like AJ.
Nothing to do with AJ.

whottt
02-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Traitor all the way.

whottt
02-24-2008, 07:42 PM

You've gotta be freaking kidding me...

Is Barry Mr. Spur who is getting his jersey retired?

Not even close to the same level of treason...AJ knew better.

whottt
02-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I will say this though...if Barry comes back...without a doubt he'll be >>>> AJ.

AJ wouldn't have done that...the second AJ wasn't starting he wanted out.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
if Barry signs with Suns...

He should suffer an accident where he shots himself accidentally in both knees and breaks his right hand with a hammer.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-24-2008, 08:42 PM
He's a traitor to his friends!

How can he leave guys like Timmy, Horry, and Bruce, and MANU ...all the laughs?? How can he walk away from that?? The laughs what about the laughs??
And if he really feels slighted that the FO traded him he should.. shut up.

"But they traded me!" It's just business. Anyone outside of Manu, Tim, and Tony at the moment should be prepared every mid-season.
The circumstances of the situation should have him look at the bright side.
In fact, it' should be a compliment to him and his talents as a basketball player, that the FO saw him as the only thing of value, among our slim pickens of old guys.

So if Barry signs with the Suns he should lose points with Spurs fans, he won't be any better than Sean Marks jumping up and down after an Amare Dunk.

And Barry will be kicking himself while Manu is carving up his team and dropping 40 on them four games in a row.."Hey this isn't sweet revenge to the Spurs FO.These courtside seats suck!"

Road Warrior
02-24-2008, 08:45 PM
No he wouldn't be a traitor but if he ended up killing us in the playoffs that fucking suck!!! But never a traitor.

nfg3
02-25-2008, 12:22 AM
No not a traitor but if he doesn't come back here I hope he signs with the Suns. Frankly with the way they are playing I don't see them as a threat.With a little under 30 games left to go what do you think Shaq's physical condition will be? I don't see it improving but getting worse IMO. Better to have Barry on a team that I believe won't hurt us rather than the a team that can.

Shaolin-Style
02-25-2008, 12:29 AM
No, business is business. Whatever he feels is best for him at this stage of his career he should go for, especially after being waved around at people.

Still think hes coming back.

Dave McNulla
02-25-2008, 12:32 AM
he's traded and cut. there is no loyalty factor there. even if the spurs and brent had a wink-wink deal, he is not obligated to hold it up (as in the alledged case of carlos boozer).

dave

m33p0
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
traitor?

next thing you know, fans will be asking the players to say "For King and country!" or some other stuff like that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-25-2008, 02:10 AM
:lol, well it's hard to take the Barry situation seriously.
The biggest fear is a thread showing up of Brent signing with another team. But I'm sure there won't be any hard feelings if it's because of a good contract with a contender.

dg7md
02-25-2008, 02:12 AM
No, it means the Suns offered more money - and most people will take the places that offer more money (and play time).

Of course, fan mentality and player mentality are two entirely separate entities.

mavsfan1000
02-25-2008, 02:15 AM
I always thought Barry was underused in San Antonio. He can do a lot more than what his roles were. I'd say he would be a great fit for the mavs with getting plenty of open looks with Kidd as point guard.

T Park
02-25-2008, 02:23 AM
No he wouldn't be a traitor.

After rewatching game 7 against Detroit, I take back alot of things I said about him that night. Dude played an awesome game.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-25-2008, 02:40 AM
In order to betray, you have to owe something. Barry doesn't owe us shit. At this point its whats best for him and his family.

Same with AJ we cut his ass and thank god we did.

Emeyin
02-25-2008, 08:14 AM
No he's not a traitor. No loyalty shown means no loyalty returned. I don't blame him one bit if he signed with another team.

RADECK
02-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Hah, is Spurs GM traitor beacause he trade him? If this was bussines for office they should concider also this option. He's proffesional sportsman and i wish him luck anywhere.

Deimosfobos
02-25-2008, 09:01 AM
My head and logic says no... my heart says yes... I´m argentinian, so you know the answer. :D

SAGambler
02-25-2008, 09:02 AM
He is a traitor if he does. Because Suns are the anti-Spurs and they and their fans have talked too much shit about the Spurs.

if Barry signs with another team other than Suns, that is not a problem. but if he signs with Suns, he is a damn traitor!

Barry, do the right thing!!!!

How fucking idiotic. What damn difference does it make which team he signs with? The guy has a right to make a living at his trade just like anyone else. The Spurs owned him, they cut him loose, and now you are going to call him a "traitor" if he signs with the Suns? Get a clue. This is basketfuckingball. Not a war between countries.

Besides, if the Suns Juggernaut Defense looks as good as it looked yesterday the rest of the season, they will all be fishing anyway when postseason starts.

SAGambler
02-25-2008, 09:10 AM
He's a traitor to his friends!

How can he leave guys like Timmy, Horry, and Bruce, and MANU ...all the laughs?? How can he walk away from that?? The laughs what about the laughs??
And if he really feels slighted that the FO traded him he should.. shut up.

"But they traded me!" It's just business. Anyone outside of Manu, Tim, and Tony at the moment should be prepared every mid-season.
The circumstances of the situation should have him look at the bright side.
In fact, it' should be a compliment to him and his talents as a basketball player, that the FO saw him as the only thing of value, among our slim pickens of old guys.

So if Barry signs with the Suns he should lose points with Spurs fans, he won't be any better than Sean Marks jumping up and down after an Amare Dunk.

And Barry will be kicking himself while Manu is carving up his team and dropping 40 on them four games in a row.."Hey this isn't sweet revenge to the Spurs FO.These courtside seats suck!"

Some of you people need to get a fucking life. Barry didn't "leave" anything. He was TRADED. Where he goes, who he signs with, who he may kill in the playoffs, all stems from THAT. I suppose you would look at Beno as a traitor too, if he killed the Spurs in the playoffs. Even though everyone DEMANDED he be sent packing.

What do you think? Everyone that ever played for the Spurs is supposed to go to another team, but throw games to the old team?

God, I can't believe some people are so damn stupid.

spursfan09
02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think he would be a traitor. He is not a Spur anymore and he can do what is best for him. It is wierd though how badly some want him back. We weren't all over him when he was actually here like this. I want him back though, But it's his decision.

Kobayagi
02-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Who wouldn't want to come back to the team that had him on the trading block for the past two years?

How 'bout you guys all step out of your homer shoes and look at it from his perspective?

My guess would be that he will come back, but if he doesn't, I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

SpurOutofTownFan
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I said no, however, he would have time to enjoy with the old lady who had never met him before but gave him the finger and told him he was a piece of shit down in phoenix.

Rummpd
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
No and because Steve Kerr is there he might go there.

DDS4
02-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Not even close to what Carlos Boozer did to the Cavs back when he was a free agent.

easjer
02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't think he would be a traitor. He is not a Spur anymore and he can do what is best for him. It is wierd though how badly some want him back. We weren't all over him when he was actually here like this. I want him back though, But it's his decision.

Some of us were.

I will be upset if he doesn't return, but respect that it's his decision to make and that it is largely a business decision.

But sports are not about business to fans, for the most part. So I can absolutely understand why a fan's disappointment might turn to bitterness or anger over such a situation. The fan is about passionate, undivided support for his/her team. The player is about the best business decision. Two totally different outlooks.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
"Traitor"? Isn't that just a teeny weeny tad over the top?

You might say "he has loyalty to the Spurs", "he feels like he owes the Spurs", ...

but "TRAITOR"????

this reeks of rabid uncontrolled homer fandom.

sabar
02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Didn't we "betray" him by trading him in the first place? He can sign anywhere he wants, he owes us nothing.