PDA

View Full Version : I bet NBA freaking over Spurs vs Pistons II

Twisted_Dawg
02-24-2008, 05:09 PM
After the ass kicking the Pistons put on NBA darling Phoenix, and now that SA is healthy and playing well....I bet Stern and the league are freaking at the thought of another Spur/Pistons final. LMAO at the thought of it!!! I'd love to see it!

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-24-2008, 05:13 PM
It's gonna happen.

Agloco
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
After the ass kicking the Pistons put on NBA darling Phoenix, and now that SA is healthy and playing well....I bet Stern and the league are freaking at the thought of another Spur/Pistons final. LMAO at the thought of it!!! I'd love to see it!

No way in hell does that happen. It's LA vs somebody or Boston vs somebody this year. The Spurs are non-functional in the playoffs during even years. There has to be some sort of rub on this dynasty right?

nicolejefferson29
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Yea but we know the Spurs will upset everyone and win it all once again! Except every1 will be even more upset cause that will make back to back rings!

Twisted_Dawg
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM
No way in hell does that happen. It's LA vs somebody or Boston vs somebody this year. The Spurs are non-functional in the playoffs during even years. There has to be some sort of rub on this dynasty right?

God damn that Paloma chick on your sig is smokin hot!

SenorSpur
02-24-2008, 05:31 PM

I'll take another Spurs/Pistons matchup again. However, I'll bet the league is more inclined to be lusting over a potential Celtics/Fakers matchup.

Princess Pimp
02-24-2008, 05:32 PM

Ain't happening :nope

bostonguy
02-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Unless Bynum cant be 80-90% healthy come playoff time, I seriously dont see anyone taking down the Lakers out west or even at all. Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, and a deadly front court with one of the best (if not the best) benches in the league. That team is downright sick and what's even scarier is they have a head coach and superstar who have dealt with playoff pressure before. That will trickle down to the rest of the team. The only way I dont see LA winning it all is if health gets in the way to the point to where it is too much.

hater
02-24-2008, 05:35 PM
It'll be Cavs Spurs again. Another sweep for Spurs.

Princess Pimp
02-24-2008, 05:36 PM
It'll be Cavs Spurs again. Another sweep for Spurs.
wet dreams!

Radiosparks
02-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I'll take another Spurs/Pistons matchup again. However, I'll bet the league is more inclined to be lusting over a potential Celtics/Fakers matchup.

I agree. It pisses me off that people don't see what the Spurs have done. Yet, they are quick to point out the N.E. Patriots success.

hater
02-24-2008, 05:39 PM
wet dreams!

wet dreams are thinking old worn down Shaq will give Suns a championship :lol

Twisted_Dawg
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Unless Bynum cant be 80-90% healthy come playoff time, I seriously dont see anyone taking down the Lakers out west or even at all. Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, and a deadly front court with one of the best (if not the best) benches in the league. That team is downright sick and what's even scarier is they have a head coach and superstar who have dealt with playoff pressure before. That will trickle down to the rest of the team. The only way I dont see LA winning it all is if health gets in the way to the point to where it is too much.

What is amazing is that before the Gasol trade, the Lakers were a very average & beatable team, filled with infighting and Kobe's mood swings. Now they pick up Gasol and they are considered the greatest team in the league??? Gime me a fucking break. Nobody believes that but Laker fans, ABC/ESPN and media idiots.

Allanon
02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
What is amazing is that before the Gasol trade, the Lakers were a very average & beatable team, filled with infighting and Kobe's mood swings. Now they pick up Gasol and they are considered the greatest team in the league??? Gime me a fucking break. Nobody believes that but Laker fans, ABC/ESPN and media idiots.

That's not true. Lakers had top 1-3 seed prior to acquiring Gasol.

The Lakers were beating good teams (except Boston) prior to the Gasol trade all because of the emergence of Andrew Bynum, Fisher, Ariza, Farmar, Vujacic, Turiaf. ALL of them are having career years.

They only decided to trade for Gasol because Bynum went down with a 2 month injury. Lakers had already beaten all the contenders with just Bynum, Kobe, Lamar. The fact that now they will have BOTH Bynum and Gasol makes their team extremely competitive.

DazedAndConfused
02-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Before the Lakers got Gasol they had the #1 spot in the WC (as of Jan. 13), despite having one of the hardest schedules in the league. They were already a very good team without Gasol, now with Gasol it makes them that much better. I have no idea where you are getting this infighting and Kobe mood swings from, probably from the same media outlets you are so quick to denigrate. There have been no known locker room issues and as soon as the season started Kobe has been all business.

batboy
02-24-2008, 06:21 PM
NFW the Celtics beat the Pistons in 7.

Agloco
02-24-2008, 06:21 PM

Uh huh. She's all that and a bowl of grits.
:smokin :smokin

lefty
02-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Pistons? I don't know

Repaeat? will happen :smokin

hater
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM

googlevideo her up and you will see she got the moves to match the looks

TampaDude
02-24-2008, 06:30 PM
NFW the Celtics beat the Pistons in 7.

WERD...Spurs and Pistons in the Finals...I can't wait! :toast

Princess Pimp
02-24-2008, 06:54 PM
WERD...Spurs and Pistons in the Finals...I can't wait! :toast
You will be left waiting, because ain't happening... :nope

TampaDude
02-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Well, it sure as hell ain't gonna be the Suns and the Pistons! :lol

my2sons
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM

of the 101 posts made, 99 say ain't happening you wont win....idiot savant troll

BonnerDynasty
02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I hear all the time on Natl radio how the guys fear a Spurs Pistons rematch. They pretty much said it would make the entire season a waste.

Fuck em'.

Spurs should have all the motivation they need right there.

SpurForLife
02-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Try coming up with something original other than "won't happen" retard. But of course just like the Phoeny Suns you're only capable of doing just one thing.

Pistonfan1
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Pistons over Spurs in 5-6 games.

SpurForLife
02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Pistons over Spurs in 5-6 games.

Doubt that. Better worry more about getting out of the East first. Celtics and maybe Cav's will have a hand in that.

CaptainLate
02-25-2008, 01:08 AM

I'd love to shut the Pistons mouth. They think they lost the Finals instead of the better team. Come playoff time, I don't think this years Pistons are as good as the one we played or who beat the Flakers for the title. I think with Tony and Manu in their prime, and the addition of KThomas and Mighty Mouse giving us a better bench (although I see KT starting by playoffs) we won't have the problems we did in '05. I say Spurs in 5 (or 6 if we have home court advantage).

CaptainLate
02-25-2008, 01:11 AM
No way in hell does that happen....The Spurs are non-functional in the playoffs during even years. There has to be some sort of rub on this dynasty right?

LMAO. I suppose you read your horoscope everyday, too. Cross your fingers? Rub peoples heads who have red hair? Don't walk under ladders? Etc. ad nauseum.

Dingle Barry
02-25-2008, 01:13 AM
No one should lose sight of the fact that Detroit is coached by FLIP SAUNDERS. No way they win jack shit until they replace him with someone who can coach playoff basketball.

CaptainLate
02-25-2008, 01:16 AM

With the acquisition of KThomas, the Spurs checked the Flakers move. And the "trickle down effect" don't happen to youngsters in the NBA. They have to go thru it. And being in the East, you obviously don't know about Gasol. I believe we swept the Grizzlies 2 yrs in a row.

Stick in your own damn conference, bud.

CaptainLate
02-25-2008, 01:20 AM

The Lakers were beating good teams (except Boston) prior to the Gasol trade all because of the emergence of Andrew Bynum, Fisher, Ariza, Farmar, Vujacic, Turiaf. ALL of them are having career years.

They only decided to trade for Gasol because Bynum went down with a 2 month injury. Lakers had already beaten all the contenders with just Bynum, Kobe, Lamar. The fact that now they will have BOTH Bynum and Gasol makes their team extremely competitive.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/pdloos/2008/02/21/A_review_of_the_20072008_NBA_trades

Kurt Thomas to the Spurs (for) Brent Barry, Francisco Elson, cash, 1st round pick to the Sonics

I simply cannot for the life of me understand this trade for the Sonics. All these wink-wink, behind-the-scenes, ball-washing deals are getting ridiculous. Presti and Carlisimo, old buddies of Buford and Popovich, should be ashamed of themselves. As a Lakers fan, this was the one trade that made me say, “@$*%!” because this is a ridiculous steal for the Spurs. Just when you think you’ve gotten a leg up on the champs, they get a guy like Kurt Thomas who is PERFECT for their team. The Sonics basically received a low first round pick. That’s it. Yeah, Barry and Elson are expiring contracts. BUT SO IS KURT THOMAS!! And he can actually play! Geez, this one just made me want to slap someone.

Spurs: A+
Sonics: F-

CaptainLate
02-25-2008, 01:24 AM
I hear all the time on Natl radio how the guys fear a Spurs Pistons rematch. They pretty much said it would make the entire season a waste.

Serves the jerk Stern right. Maybe a Spurs-Pistons rematch is what it takes to get his highn-ass to reseed the playoffs 1-16.

"As a Lakers fan, this was the one trade that made me say, “@$*%!” because this is a ridiculous steal for the Spurs. Just when you think you’ve gotten a leg up on the champs, they get a guy like Kurt Thomas who is PERFECT for their team."

dbreiden83080
02-25-2008, 02:28 AM
The NBA should be freaking out at their overalll lack of appeal as the all star game ratings were in the toilet and ratings in the finals overall since Jordan retired have been less than stellar. Seems every year the mass appeal of the NBA on television is getting worse.

K-State Spur
02-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Before the Lakers got Gasol they had the #1 spot in the WC (as of Jan. 13), despite having one of the hardest schedules in the league. They were already a very good team without Gasol, now with Gasol it makes them that much better. I have no idea where you are getting this infighting and Kobe mood swings from, probably from the same media outlets you are so quick to denigrate. There have been no known locker room issues and as soon as the season started Kobe has been all business.

that may be true, but as that team was assembled, they weren't really scaring any of the western powers (save maybe PHX) come playoff time.

JamStone
02-25-2008, 03:43 AM
Doubt that. Better worry more about getting out of the East first. Celtics and maybe Cav's will have a hand in that.

Pistons should worry about getting out of the East first but Spurs fans shouldn't worry about the Spurs getting out of the West?

Yeah ok.

Lakers probably have the most talent and most balanced team in the entire league. And, with the way they've played without Bynum back yet, I think they have a very good chance to get to the NBA Finals. I think they match up with any team in the league. They can play fast paced or half court. They have a very good coach. They play solid team defense. And, they have Kobe. Lakers fans should feel good about their team.

There are always fans of other teams that want to call fans who support their team and have faith in their team delusional or worse. We're all fans of our respective teams. So what if we want to believe that they can win a title or get to the Finals or beat "your" team? Are fans all of a sudden supposed to acquiesce to the notion that that their team isn't going to win squat?

Yeah ok.

JamStone
02-25-2008, 03:45 AM
that may be true, but as that team was assembled, they weren't really scaring any of the western powers (save maybe PHX) come playoff time.

Does that imply that now the Lakers do?

Tradition
02-25-2008, 04:06 AM
With the acquisition of KThomas, the Spurs checked the Flakers move. And the "trickle down effect" don't happen to youngsters in the NBA. They have to go thru it. And being in the East, you obviously don't know about Gasol. I believe we swept the Grizzlies 2 yrs in a row.

Stick in your own damn conference, bud.

2003 you had youngsters and look what happened. Parker, Jax, Manu, Claxton were all helped so much by the vets/Duncan. Kobe/Fisher can handle their own. Oh yeah and Phil is coaching this team as well. You only played Memphis once in the postseason. Gasol isnt the #1 guy and playing with Kobe and under Phil has already made him that much better. Oh and lmaoooo that Kurt helped. He is immobile against our mobile bigman. Not a good sign for you. Wait till Bynum comes back. This team is going to be alive and kicking.

Tradition
02-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Pistons should worry about getting out of the East first but Spurs fans shouldn't worry about the Spurs getting out of the West?

Yeah ok.

Lakers probably have the most talent and most balanced team in the entire league. And, with the way they've played without Bynum back yet, I think they have a very good chance to get to the NBA Finals. I think they match up with any team in the league. They can play fast paced or half court. They have a very good coach. They play solid team defense. And, they have Kobe. Lakers fans should feel good about their team.

There are always fans of other teams that want to call fans who support their team and have faith in their team delusional or worse. We're all fans of our respective teams. So what if we want to believe that they can win a title or get to the Finals or beat "your" team? Are fans all of a sudden supposed to acquiesce to the notion that that their team isn't going to win squat?

Yeah ok.

Great post.

genomefreak13
02-25-2008, 04:18 AM

You think the spurs are incapable of learning their lessons?

bresilhac
02-25-2008, 06:02 AM

I agree completely. I am so damn tired of all of the Laker hype since the Gasol move. And so they are the heir apparent champs now? I don't think so. They won't last the series against San Antonio, should they meet. I don't realistically see a team that can prevent the Spurs from winning it all again.

bresilhac
02-25-2008, 06:08 AM
As an addendum to the previous post I made. There is imho one team and one only that could possibly knock off the mighty Spurs in a series. We all know it's Detroit.

SouthernFried
02-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Lakers and Spurs will be damned good.

Kobe and Manu offset each other offensively. ("If" Manu can put together the type of game he's been playing this season.)

Duncan > Gasol
Bynum > KT
Parker > Fisher

If Bowen guards Kobe like he is capable of, that could be huge.

The only matchup that LA has over the Spurs, is Bynum. Duncan and Parker own their matchups. And Manu can match Kobe's numbers...but, I don't think he will have to. I think KT matches well with Bynum, edge to Bynum, but KT will slow him down.

The difference will be Defense. Bowen on Kobe, and KT on Bynum. The Spurs built a team to defend, the Lakers didn't. We are more prepared to defend superstars like Kobe, than the lakers are to guard Duncan, Manu and Parker.

Duncan and Parker gonna be big. Gotta go with Spurs.

bresilhac
02-25-2008, 06:21 AM
No one should lose sight of the fact that Detroit is coached by FLIP SAUNDERS. No way they win jack shit until they replace him with someone who can coach playoff basketball.

Ditto with Doc Rivers. Does anybody really believe that Rivers will lead a team, any team, to the Championship? C'mon.

The_Game
02-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Lakers and Spurs will be damned good.

Kobe and Manu offset each other offensively. ("If" Manu can put together the type of game he's been playing this season.)

Duncan > Gasol
Bynum > KT
Parker > Fisher

If Bowen guards Kobe like he is capable of, that could be huge.

The only matchup that LA has over the Spurs, is Bynum. Duncan and Parker own their matchups. And Manu can match Kobe's numbers...but, I don't think he will have to. I think KT matches well with Bynum, edge to Bynum, but KT will slow him down.

The difference will be Defense. Bowen on Kobe, and KT on Bynum. The Spurs built a team to defend, the Lakers didn't. We are more prepared to defend superstars like Kobe, than the lakers are to guard Duncan, Manu and Parker.

Duncan and Parker gonna be big. Gotta go with Spurs.

stop overrating Manu, to say that the lakers don't have an advantage at SG is idiotic. Manu is no where near Kobe's level.

Admidave50
02-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Spurs versus Pistons or Celtics would be great Finals this year!

SouthernFried
02-25-2008, 07:17 AM
stop overrating Manu, to say that the lakers don't have an advantage at SG is idiotic. Manu is no where near Kobe's level.

I honestly don't think I'm overrating Manu. And, tho I'm sure not even Spurs fans would agree with this...I'd take Manu over Kobe right now.

Do I think Kobe is better? Yes. Would I take Kobe over Manu? No.

The advantage the Spurs have at SG...is Bowen will be guarding Kobe. Who will be guarding Manu?

Spurs built their team around Defense. That's the deciding factor.

The_Game
02-25-2008, 09:16 AM
There is only one guy on the same level as Kobe at SG/SF and thats Lebron. No one else is close

Manu is a great ROLE PLAYER...nothing more.

Spurs only have one clear advantage and that is parker over Fisher. Duncan is not going to dominate when he is facing two 7 footers inside.

Unless the players after the spurs main 3 have amazing series the spurs will struggle to take this laker team to 6.

SAGambler
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree completely. I am so damn tired of all of the Laker hype since the Gasol move. And so they are the heir apparent champs now? I don't think so. They won't last the series against San Antonio, should they meet. I don't realistically see a team that can prevent the Spurs from winning it all again.

From what I remember, you give Gasol a couple of hard fouls, and he tends to disappear. Look up "soft player" in the dictionary and you will find a picture of Gasol next to it. All we gotta do is send Horry out to hip check him into the stands one time, and Gasol is done.

Heath Ledger
02-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Thats stupid, the Pistons offense has come a long way since the old slugfest with Pistons and Spurs in the playoffs, they dont have a grind it out suckfest any more. There will be no more 74-67 playoff games with the Pistons this year.

Heath Ledger
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Manu over Kobe? IDIOT. There goes your credibility.

SpurOutofTownFan
02-25-2008, 12:18 PM

If you didn't have those pictures of Paloma, I would be hitting you with a club in the face...

SpurOutofTownFan
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
There is only one guy on the same level as Kobe at SG/SF and thats Lebron. No one else is close

Manu is a great ROLE PLAYER...nothing more.

Spurs only have one clear advantage and that is parker over Fisher. Duncan is not going to dominate when he is facing two 7 footers inside.

Unless the players after the spurs main 3 have amazing series the spurs will struggle to take this laker team to 6.

HAHAHA

NRHector
02-25-2008, 12:45 PM

sorry to burst your bubble but how can you say that the lakers beat "all the contenders" when all the real contenders did not have all the starters healthy so let's just wait for the playoffs :nope

MagnusKrauss
02-25-2008, 12:54 PM
if the scrubs are having career years, does that make your team a championship team?

dbreiden83080
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Manu over Kobe? IDIOT. There goes your credibility.

Manu is not a better player than Kobe but i think he fits in with the Spurs better than Kobe would.

SouthernFried
02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm going to bring this thread back in June. Either way it works out.

I feel pretty confident...do you?

"Yeah...right now I'm confident as hell!!"

Good luck :toast

K-State Spur
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Too much is made of the TV ratings of the NBA finals.

Between the advertising, TV contract, and ticket revenue coming in throughout the season, the NBA has never been healthier.

bobbybob0
02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
googlevideo her up and you will see she got the moves to match the looks

QFT ^^

Just googled her ;)

K-State Spur
02-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Does that imply that now the Lakers do?

I seriously doubt that the Spurs are quaking in their boots.

However, the Lakers now have to be viewed as credible threat.