PDA

View Full Version : Spurs starters from now on....

Sportman
02-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Hi people i read your forum everyday, though, i dont post that much and as argentinean i cheer for our god manu of course lol....i dare to create a topic i hope it doesnt sound too stupid or out of topic but i was wondering with the spurs winning a couple of games in a row, tony coming back to the starting line-up after his injury, finley producing relatively good from the bench and Kurt Thomas, who would you start?

Tony
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto
?

Would you send manu ginobili to the bench and bring the energy, would you start Thomas and send oberto to the bench?

I would like to hear...greetings

spursfaninla
02-25-2008, 01:32 AM
It is probably going to be Manu starting until Parker gets back to his usual minutes.

I doubt that Thomas takes over the starting position. However, since Oberto and Manu player better together, it is possible that Oberto moves over to the 2nd unit once Manu is getting more of his minutes in the 2nd unit as well.

However, I doubt that Thomas gets more than 20 minutes. So Oberto would get about the same minutes he gets now, or so.

Manu off the bench or Manu starting, in general, is about the same.

HOwever, considering the MASSIVE mojo he has going, you might not want to mess up whatever it is that is working for him.

Maybe they keep Manu starting until the magic breaks...if it does.

My bet is that Manu levels out a bit as Parker's minutes go up, which is better for everyone...and then Manu executes the competition in the playoffs.
:smokin

TMTTRIO
02-26-2008, 12:54 AM
I'd say maybe it's time to put him back on the bench since Tony's really starting to get his rhythm back and is able to take over. Manu can go back to doing all the little things again off the bench and maybe they can start relaxing on his minutes even though he's been doing great with the minutes he's been getting.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 01:19 AM
The Spurs don't even know for sure that the current players are going to be the final additions to the roster. IOW, there may be another shooter joining the team in a month.

It's nice to have a few weeks to see how people play together and how individual guys start to round into playoff form, even if it messes with getting the rotation set for a time. If Duncan and KT can play well together then having Oberto come in with Manu might be a good thing. Having someone that can defend the rim and get rebounds when Duncan isn't in the game is going to be a huge boost to this team, so there's really no downside having Thomas on the roster.