PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming Blows

SequSpur
01-08-2005, 01:34 AM
:pctoss

manustarting2gd
01-08-2005, 05:24 AM
7'6" Giant , with a basketball learning disorder.. Dude looks like he's not comprehending whats going on when he's on the court.. I think he's got the same degenerative ball disease Rasho has..

NZ Spurs
01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Yao Ming is starting to make TMac look bad. He did the same thing to Steve Francis.

Rummpd
01-09-2005, 10:02 AM
No arguements here = gaining reputation as softest big talented center ever.

However, I believe in the right system with a true PG he would be ok. Still the choice of Amare over him as Rookie of year was right on and Amare now far better player with seemingly much greater upside.

MadDoc

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Yao sucks ass.

He's 7'6", he should be so dominant.period.

Ming is softer than Rasho, i mean come on yao.

Rummpd
01-09-2005, 11:35 AM
But at least he has some offense on a consistent basis and even a 40 point game this year.

Rasho should have at least a couple 20 point games a year, he showed he could last year and now has totally disappeared on offensive end.

Yeah Yao is soft but per Spurs thread Rasho is a piece of *&
^%
MadDoc

mysterious_elf26
01-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Before you start bashing yao, look at what country he's from. China has just entered the basketball scene, so give the guy some time. He's still young. Besides, look at his stats and rankings, he is a little soft, but his stats still make him one of the top centers in the league.

Right now, fatigue is his only problem. When he gets his rest, he dominates.

As far as making McGrady and Francis look bad, that is false. Yao's whole career has been playing with players that care about how much they score rather than the win. I could guarantee Yao could leave as a Free Agent because you could see it in his face that he has had enough of this shit and wants to be in a team that plays as a team. Rumor is Golden State has a huge advantage in recruiting Yao.

Bottom line is Yao doesn't blow, he just needs room to grow and in 2 yrs tops, he will be the best center.

mysterious_elf26
01-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Yao sucks ass.

Uhm, size does not make a dominant player, experience does. Shawn Bradley or George Muresan were pieces of shit and I don't see you bashing on them.

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Uhm, size does not make a dominant player, experience does. Shawn Bradley or George Muresan were pieces of shit and I don't see you bashing on them.
Because there is no thread talknig about them, otherwise I would.

Bradley does suck ass, there you go.

Im only bashing on Yao because he is being discussed here.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Bradley would be a pretty good backup in this system.

mysterious_elf26
01-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Because there is no thread talknig about them, otherwise I would.

Bradley does suck ass, there you go.

Im only bashing on Yao because he is being discussed here.

Well, before you bash anyone, it's a good idea to give reasons. You stated Yao is softer than Rasho, compare the stats. Rasho is not nearly the type of player Yao is. I mean come on, be realistic here. And besides, Yao has no one else to turn to to bail him out everytime he struggles.

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, before you bash anyone, it's a good idea to give reasons. You stated Yao is softer than Rasho, compare the stats. Rasho is not nearly the type of player Yao is. I mean come on, be realistic here. And besides, Yao has no one else to turn to to bail him out everytime he struggles.

I was being sarcastic dude, calm down.
It's a joke, many people think Rasho is soft, that's why.

Im just saying, imagine you were 7'6", would you not dunk every time you get the ball.

Yao doesn't need to jump at all to dunk, and he doesn't have that much aggression, he doesn't use his size and the strength that he should have.

If Yao spent more time in the weight room, and started playing aggressively, he would own Shaq.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Yao needs a bodyguard alongside him.

Cato was that guy -- none of the softies around him now even come close.

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Bump

carolgino
01-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Yao need improve his strength and take advantage of his size
he almost can't hold the ball.and his stats of RB is not good enough.i think that's more important than his scores

but he's trying his best to solve his problem.
give him time,and i believe he will prove himself.
we're on his side!!

Drachen
01-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Yao sucks ass.

Height means nothing

Sincerely,
Manute Bol

ALVAREZ6
01-29-2005, 09:24 AM
You guys need to fucking calm down on this Yao shit. Damn.

All I said was he should be pretty dominant with his height, considering how quickly he can put his arm up to dunk without jumping.

And all of you guys say height doesn't matter....then why are all the shot blockers pretty tall?

Boykins doesn't average 3 blocks per game, so obviously height DOES matter.
But that's not the point, the point is Yao sucks balls, and he doesn't deserve to be an all-star.

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2005, 07:32 AM
problem with yao is that he only plays great against teams with good centers, and he seems to play like shit against shit teams with shit players. look at his stats everytime he plays against shaq, but against the rest its garbage. this guy has to approach other games with a stronger winning mentality, he looks like a rasho when his playing shit, actually rasho looks better then him even if his got an off game at leasts he concentrates on other areas during the game like DEFENSE.

Clandestino
02-05-2005, 12:09 PM
yao is too timid.. and he is not a scrawy manute bol or shawn bradley.. he makes shaq look like a boy.. he should dominate...no ifs ands or buts!

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Yao looked good last night.

I'd take his "timid" play over Rasho's any day of the week.

whottt
02-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Yao isn't a franchise center, he's just not. He's more in the Rik Smitts mold than the Shaq mold. I think Yao can be a very good player as long as he's not asked to carry the team. Get it...guys like Drob, Duncan, Shaq and Hakeem are very rare...it's not like they grow on trees.

When Yao is asked to be a defensive stopper and focal point of the offense it's just asking too much of him. I think he could excel at either end but not at both...he just gets winded too quick trying to anchor both ends.

I personally think he and Duncan would be an awesome defensive frontline. If all Yao had to do was focus on D he'd be a monster, and he is a very good passer and unselfish player.

Yao is over-rated...but he's a good center, he's just not franchise center.

cqsallie
02-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Because of his size, Yao might really be having physical problems. You have to admit that he's an anomally - 7'6" people are not the norm in China. Something caused this unusual growth and it might really be a detriment rather than a positive physical attribute.
Everyone seems to note the fact that he tires more quickly than his teammates and opponents. Ever wonder why? A long and healthy life is not a given for a person suffering from giganticism. Remember the actor who played "Jaws" in the James Bond flick? Remember the actor who played "Lurch" on the Addams Family?
Sometimes, great height comes from the blissful blending of genes (usually involving tall parents and ancestors) and sometimes, great height comes from a not-so-advantageous blending of genes.
In the latter case, height does matter, because it's not an advantageous mutation - something's amiss...

whottt
02-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Ever wonder why? A long and healthy life is not a given for a person suffering from giganticism. Remember the actor who played "Jaws" in the James Bond flick? Remember the actor who played "Lurch" on the Addams Family?

I don't think Ted Cassidy(Lurch)had gigantism, and I don't think Yao does either....Ted Cassidy wasn't that big and Yao gets his size from his parents IIRC.

Kiel(Jaws) probably had it, he kinda looks like what I have heard they look like, but he's still alive(I see him on some religious show when I am flipping channels) and he's got to be about 70 now.

But you are right, big men don't live that long and they do get health problems. They seem to get a lot of back and joint problems even if they don't have gigantism.

Shawn Bradley is taller than Yao though and I don't think he's got any type of gigantism either, and he doesn't seem to get worn down as quickly as Yao.

I think Yao is just big and slow like most bigmen. To tell you the truth though, he is the most coordinated 7'5 er that I have ever seen...if not the best runner.

I just don't think a man as huge as Yao is meant to run a whole lot.