PDA

View Full Version : Text Messaging

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Is the freakin' devil.

I stayed away from text messaging for the longest time. Now that I have it, I can't stop.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Is the freakin' devil.

I stayed away from text messaging for the longest time. Now that I have it, I can't stop.

Its about damn time.

Evan
02-25-2008, 10:20 AM
It's amazing how little me and some people physcially talk now because of it. Too lazy for phone calls or emails...text is how we stay in touch.

I had to go to an unlimited plan...

pathetic...lol

CuckingFunt
02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Is the freakin' devil.

I stayed away from text messaging for the longest time. Now that I have it, I can't stop.Ditto.

I still, technically, don't like it, but I do it all the time.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 10:22 AM
It's amazing how little me and some people physcially talk now because of it. Too lazy for phone calls or emails...text is how we stay in touch.

pathetic...lol

Same here its so much easier then having to do the whole blah blah blah how are you stuff.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Katy did I scare you hahaha?

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM

pathetic...lol

Unlimited is awful!!!!!

Evan
02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Unlimited is awful!!!!!

Think I have already rang up 15 or so today....

:p:

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I had an extra 300 and went over 3 months in a row so I switched to unlimited. Evan you got me beat but i'm close.

samikeyp
02-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Is the freakin' devil.

I'm with ya sister.

peewee's lovechild
02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Is the freakin' devil.

I have the same sentiment about sex.

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
40+ for me since 8:00 this morning. I'm not bragging or anything. Because seriously, that's ridiculous. I have too much work to be doing.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
40+ for me since 8:00 this morning. I'm not bragging or anything. Because seriously, that's ridiculous. I have too much work to be doing.

hahaha WOW that is a lot. Glad to say I was one of the 40 :P

Soul_Patch
02-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I still dont get it. It annoys the shit out of me to see people glued to staring at their little phone screens every where you go.

You go to a restaraunt for dinner and see a family at a table with 2 kids, and both kids are burried in their cell phones...

What could possibly be that fucking important that you have to have a constant chat session going on, i can barely stand talking on the damn phone, much less trying to type out little messages with tiny buttons.

mrsmaalox
02-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't mind the texting, but my fine motor skills are a bit under developed. It takes me so long to type out a message that before I'm finished with a response, I've gotten 2 more texts from the person saying, "Well?!" or "Are you there?!" :lol

Mister Sinister
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I use it for making plans on the fly...and because one of my friends has a POS phone with unreliable reception.

Soul_Patch
02-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't mind the texting, but my fine motor skills are a bit under developed. It takes me so long to type out a message that before I'm finished with a response, I've gotten 2 more texts from the person saying, "Well?!" or "Are you there?!" :lol

Same here, that is why i just call if i have something to say.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 10:59 AM
what annoys me is when someone sends you a text, then when you call then right after receiving it, they don't answer.

Evan
02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I still dont get it. It annoys the shit out of me to see people glued to staring at their little phone screens every where you go.

You go to a restaraunt for dinner and see a family at a table with 2 kids, and both kids are burried in their cell phones...

What could possibly be that fucking important that you have to have a constant chat session going on, i can barely stand talking on the damn phone, much less trying to type out little messages with tiny buttons.

Most of mine is done at work or when their is a fight/game going on. When I am out enjoying my free time my cell phone is turned off.

JoeChalupa
02-25-2008, 11:04 AM
I've never had text messaging. :oops

Evan
02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
I also get text messages...

From a sports radio station when something big happens
Anytime a transaction over $100 happens to one of my bank accounts or credit cards

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 11:33 AM

Anytime a transaction over $100 happens to one of my bank accounts or credit cards

Oh that is handy how did you get that set up, through the bank?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 11:49 AM
This sounds strangely close to an actual conversation I had with our favorite job recruiter last night.

TheTruth
02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Mandy's little brother sends thousands a month.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh, now when I send Katy a text message, she's actually working.

WTF?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh, now when I send Katy a text message, she's actually working.

WTF?

Whoops. Typed too soon. :lol

ploto
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM

What could possibly be that fucking important that you have to have a constant chat session going on...
Amen. People have no clue how to have an actual conversation with a human being sitting in front of them. I can not stand people talking on their cell phones at a restaurant either. It is so rude to the people you are with. I think it makes people feel important and like other people need to talk to them so urgently. Unless you are in an emergency related field, don't answer the stupid thing during dinner.

Heath Ledger
02-25-2008, 11:57 AM
text messaging is gay, save yourself some money and just dial somebodys phone # and talk for christ sakes.

Evan
02-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh that is handy how did you get that set up, through the bank?

Most banks have it if you have an online account you can click around and they will have it available.

I once had about 5 fraud charges go through my credit card so I like to have a safety net to keep track of everything now.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I've never had text messaging. :oops

That's cool for you, though, since Mouse would never respond anyway.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM

I don't have the credit cards one, although that probably would be a good idea, but I do have major breaking news alerts on mine.

Kori Ellis
02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
How cute! Now Katy can't say, "I don't text" anymore :)

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Mandy's little brother sends thousands a month.

Your little brother is working his way towards that, too.

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
How cute! Now Katy can't say, "I don't text" anymore :)

I know, right? That excuse won't work anymore.

spursfan09
02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I like text messaging. keeps me in touch with all my friends. I don't send hundreds of texts a day though. Just a few throughout the day. However I will say this, it sucks to be with someone at dinner and always texting someone on the phone. That is just rude.

TheTruth
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Your little brother is working his way towards that, too.
What is a 22 year old doing with a Blackberry? He needs a job before he needs one of those!

Viva Las Espuelas
02-25-2008, 12:45 PM
...is bad once you get a $60 bill for them alone.

MannyIsGod
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Amen. People have no clue how to have an actual conversation with a human being sitting in front of them. I can not stand people talking on their cell phones at a restaurant either. It is so rude to the people you are with. I think it makes people feel important and like other people need to talk to them so urgently. Unless you are in an emergency related field, don't answer the stupid thing during dinner.People never answer the phone while at dinner with me....

...maybe its just you?

jman3000
02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
my inbox holds 100 texts and i have to delete it once every day and a half or so.

MoSpur
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I was all late to the text craze, but now I really enjoy it.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2008, 02:11 PM
We took texting off our cell plan. I get a kick out of people when I give them my phone number and I never actually get a call from them. Then they complain to me in person that I never answer the texts they send me.

CuckingFunt
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
People never answer the phone while at dinner with me....
Same here.

Could have something to do with the fact that the couple who have done so also got to watch me get up and walk out a few minutes later.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Same here.

Could have something to do with the fact that the couple who have done so also got to watch me get up and walk out a few minutes later.

You mean when out on a date? I have been guilty at texting in the restroom or while she is away while on a date.

Soul_Patch
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM

...maybe its just you?

A bag of chips and a big red, sitting in front of three monitors while you are multitabling doesnt constitute dinner :)

i kid i kid...

I think texting is ok in the format Evan mentions, but i just cant stand how people have completely given up face to face interacton over the past 5 years. I love the internet, and i love technology, but it has really spawned a whole new generation of kids mostly who have completely forgotten how to actually be polite to a real human being.

its disgusting, and i wont allow my kid to be that way when he grows up, its one of my biggest peaves.

CuckingFunt
02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
You mean when out on a date? I have been guilty at texting in the restroom or while she is away while on a date.Twice on first (and last) dates, and twice when I was out with friends.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
I love having the silence-the-call-or-text buttons on a cell. I keep mine on vibe almost all the time anyway, but it's a simple move to hit that button and stop the buzzing on my thigh without making it obvious.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 02:21 PM
I love having the silence-the-call-or-text buttons on a cell. I keep mine on vibe almost all the time anyway, but it's a simple move to hit that button and stop the buzzing on my thigh without making it obvious.

yeah I have gotten good at that as well. While on a date though the phone is on silent.

SpursWoman
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I love it, my daughter loves it, and we'll both probably die doing it ... and my son kind of likes it, but he's still new to the whole thing.

User hates it. :fro

Spurminator
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I only text when I'm driving, because talking on the phone while driving is dangerous and irresponsible.

Sometimes it's hard to see those little letters though, so I have to really stare while I type.

CuckingFunt
02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
One thing I decided recently is that my next phone is going to have a QWERTY keyboard. This nonsense of pushing each buttons 5,000 times is for the birds. Especially since I refuse to use txt shortcuts.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
One thing I decided recently is that my next phone is going to have a QWERTY keyboard. This nonsense of pushing each buttons 5,000 times is for the birds. Especially since I refuse to use txt shortcuts.

For the kinda-win.

http://www.100cute.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/palmtreo755p____2.jpg

SpursWoman
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM

It's ease of use has made my addiction worse. :oops

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 02:28 PM
We took texting off our cell plan. I get a kick out of people when I give them my phone number and I never actually get a call from them. Then they complain to me in person that I never answer the texts they send me.

That used to happen to me all the time. I finally gave in because I felt like I was missing out on something.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 02:29 PM
That used to happen to me all the time. I finally gave in because I felt like I was missing out on something.

Are we changing your title to "Texting Queen"?

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 02:31 PM

I had no idea my phone had a QWERTY keyboard until my friend pointed it out the other day. It's great.

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Are we changing your title to "Texting Queen"?

Hm. I like the idea but I'm not so sure. "Nicely Browned" is pretty fitting.

Evan
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Anyone ever get text message spam? I ahd to change my old phone number because of it.

Nothing like home loan spam at 3am.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Anyone ever get text message spam? I ahd to change my old phone number because of it.

Nothing like home loan spam at 3am.

I have, but since I've been with Sprint (years now), I could probably count the amount of times on one hand.

CuckingFunt
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Nothing like home loan spam at 3am.When I had Nextel, yes. The only spam texts I've gotten since I switched to Verizon are actually from Verizon, which is still annoying but at least free.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I had no idea my phone had a QWERTY keyboard until my friend pointed it out the other day. It's great.

I dont know if I could be as fast on a Qwerty keyboard, once I get used to a phone i pretty damn quick in texting.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I dont know if I could be as fast on a Qwerty keyboard, once I get used to a phone i pretty damn quick in texting.

Some kid (I think because he looked young, but couldn't tell for sure) was texting pretty damn well like that when we I was at my orthodontist last week. The only annoying thing -- since I was also sending messages online -- was that he had his sounds on, so every minute or so was filled with beeps.

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Some kid (I think because he looked young, but couldn't tell for sure) was texting pretty damn well like that when we I was at my orthodontist last week. The only annoying thing -- since I was also sending messages online -- was that he had his sounds on, so every minute or so was filled with beeps.

hahah yeah that would get annoying. Sometimes I have to turn my phone on vibrate because I have a lot of texts coming in at a given time.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Nicely Browned" is pretty fitting.very much so

ChumpDumper
02-25-2008, 02:52 PM
That used to happen to me all the time. I finally gave in because I felt like I was missing out on something.I'm not, but I don't answer my phone half the time anyway.

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
very much so

Thank you

ploto
02-25-2008, 03:06 PM

...maybe its just you?
It does not happen to me, except with family. I watch it happen to other people in restaurants pretty much every time I am out to eat.

Evan
02-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm not, but I don't answer my phone half the time anyway.

My phone volume is only up a few hours a week. I miss almost every single phone call I get…drives everyone insane.

But send me a text…I get it. I hear the vibrate.

DarkReign
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I dont text. I have received a grand total of three. Each time I called them back and said "Dont ever text me again, thanks."

ATRAIN
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I dont text. I have received a grand total of three. Each time I called them back and said "Dont ever text me again, thanks."

I have a friend that is a Chronic texter that will text shit like I just ran 5 miles. So when I get bullshit messages I just fwd them back to him 5 to 10 times and it pisses him off.

Evan
02-25-2008, 03:30 PM
My friend took a massive poo once and took a pic.

Most shocking to see that.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
My friend took a massive poo once and took a pic.

Most shocking to see that.i'm glad me and my friend aren't the only ones that do that.

Evan
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
i'm glad me and my friend aren't the only ones that do that.

Yeah I got him back a few months later.

Life is good. :smokin

Viva Las Espuelas
02-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah I got him back a few months later.

Life is good. :smokinmy friend never again tells me that he's eating or when he's on a date. revenge is best served..........steaming.

JoeChalupa
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
That's cool for you, though, since Mouse would never respond anyway.
:lmao

Soul_Patch
02-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I am amazed sometimes at what people will waste their money on. I couldnt ever spend as much money as some of you do on a cell phone, give me the free one or the 20 dollar one and im happy...if it has the capability of making an out going phone call, thats all i need. My companies CFO took me out to get a cell phone for work a few months ago, since i work from home the majority of the time. He took me straight to all of the high dollar blackberries and what not...i ended up picking the LG 30 dollar special, since it fits in my pocket the best. How do you guys carry those big ass phones around everywhere anyway?

My personal phone is a razor that looks like it has been eaten by a grizzly bear...i hope it lasts forever and i never have to spend another dime on a phone. I rarely answer it as it almost always is turned off due to a dead battery. I like to have it out on the boat in case im in trouble, thats about it.

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I am amazed sometimes at what people will waste their money on. I couldnt ever spend as much money as some of you do on a cell phone, give me the free one or the 20 dollar one and im happy...if it has the capability of making an out going phone call, thats all i need. My companies CFO took me out to get a cell phone for work a few months ago, since i work from home the majority of the time. He took me straight to all of the high dollar blackberries and what not...i ended up picking the LG 30 dollar special, since it fits in my pocket the best. How do you guys carry those big ass phones around everywhere anyway?

My personal phone is a razor that looks like it has been eaten by a grizzly bear...i hope it lasts forever and i never have to spend another dime on a phone. I rarely answer it as it almost always is turned off due to a dead battery. I like to have it out on the boat in case im in trouble, thats about it.

I was the same exact way. I was never hip on the cell phone front. But the piece of shit cell phone I had for forever broke on me like three different times and then my parents bought me a blackberry for Christmas. So, that's where I'm at now. And I love it.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2008, 04:10 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/cuttingedge.jpg

jman3000
02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
i actually wont even respond to a text if it seems generic at all. i know some of my friends fish for conversations by just forwarding a "what's up?" text to a bunch of contacts... if it does have something to make me know it's intended for me, im not answering.

katyon6th
02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
i actually wont even respond to a text if it seems generic at all. i know some of my friends fish for conversations by just forwarding a "what's up?" text to a bunch of contacts... if it does have something to make me know it's intended for me, im not answering.

Yeah, cause you're just so cool.

jman3000
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
i am pretty bad ass.

Xolotl
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Text messaging is a gift from <insert favorite deity>. I've never been a talk on the phone kind of person now with text messaging I can just send quick messages to let people know I care about them just still not enough to call

MoSpur
02-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I text about ten messages a day. Its not that bad.