PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Suns article

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Stoudemire: "We're not concerned about Dallas at all."
O'Neal: "Once I master the offense like everyone else, we're going to be a dangerous team."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0224sunsnotes.html

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 24, 2008 08:11 PM

Suns center Shaquille O'Neal said the Suns were flat Sunday and included himself.

The lift on his shots was flat, and so were his free throws. He has not made half of his free throws in a season since 2002-03, but Sunday's 1-for-8 performance was a flat line.

O'Neal grabbed 11 rebounds on a day that no other Suns player crashed the boards. Guard Leandro Barbosa was next with four.

Phoenix is 1-2 with O'Neal, but patience is being preached because of his transition and consideration of its opponents (Lakers, Celtics, Pistons).

"We still have to be realistic about things," O'Neal said. "We've still got a lot of figuring out to do. If everybody just sticks to their role, we should be fine."

Steve Nash lamented the lack of confidence and cohesion but repeatedly mentioned that the process will take time. Coach Mike D'Antoni talked about adjusting to new roles, specifically Amaré Stoudemire playing more on the perimeter instead of mostly diving on pick-and-rolls.

"Once I master the offense like everyone else, we're going to be a dangerous team," O'Neal said. "I don't see any problems."

His issue might be his new city.

"I got a lot of rest (Saturday) night," O'Neal said. "Too much rest, possibly. This is a real laid-back town. (Saturday) I took it easy. Everyone was a little lethargic, including myself."

Defense?
The Suns were proud when they ranked ninth in defensive field-goal percentage, but Sunday was the third time in the past five games that an opponent shot at least 50 percent.

The Suns barely had been blown out this season, losing by 15 just twice. Its previous-worst loss was by 22 points, and Nash and Shawn Marion missed that game.

"We'll rally, and we'll get this team going," D'Antoni said.

Attention, Dallas
Stoudemire was told that the impression from Dallas was that O'Neal is too old and beat up to make a difference.

"We're not concerned about Dallas at all," Stoudemire said. :rolleyes

"What they think or them as a team?" a reporter asked.

"Both," Stoudemire said. "(Dallas point guard) Jason Kidd and Shaq are about the same age."

Hill goes scoreless
Grant Hill had the fourth scoreless game of his career Sunday, but he played 14 minutes or less in the others.

Hill shot 0 for 6, missing three close shots in the first quarter and three jump shots in the second. He did not take a shot in the second half.

"I was just off," he said. "No excuses. We'll do better, I'm sure, come Tuesday (at Memphis)."

Free throws

• It was the Suns' first loss to an East team since O'Neal and Miami beat them Dec. 10.

• Stoudemire's eighth 30-point game this season was his fourth since the O'Neal trade.

• The Phoenix-Denver outdoor preseason game, set for Oct. 11 in Indian Wells, Calif., nearly sold out this weekend.

• Linton Johnson, who signed a 10-day contract Friday, made his Suns debut.

Kriz-Maxima
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I loved how Amare got his 30 points this time.

Findog
02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Ah, Duhmare. To quote SpursDynasty:

"You think you're some badass don't you? You look like a clown trying to hang with the champion Spurs, or any other team for that matter. Idiot."

I like how he was screaming his head off after a dunk when his team was down by 30 points yesterday. What an assclown. And nobody on Dallas said a fuckin' thing about the Shaq trade.

O-Factor
02-25-2008, 12:40 PM

I like how he was screaming his head off after a dunk when his team was down by 30 points yesterday. What an assclown. And nobody on Dallas said a fuckin' thing about the Shaq trade.

I saw that. What a joke he is.

td4mvp21

That's all he is, a cocky bastard. You think he would show more respect to the two teams that have eliminated his team the past 4 playoffs he's been in.

Findog
You know what I'm not concerned about at all?

1) Suns transition defense when Shaq is in the game.

2) Suns pick and roll defense when Shaq is in the game.

3) Amare trying to guard Dirk.

4) Steve Nash after the second round of the playoffs.

My favorite part of yesterday's game was the miked-up portion. They showed Rasheed hitting a turnaround jumper on the baseline with Amare on him. Then Alvin Gentry says to him during a timeout "Nobody in the world can guard that shot."

Maybe so, Alvin, but Amare didn't do a fucking thing to contest it. Didn't get his hands up in Sheed's face, didn't bump him, didn't do anything.

Findog
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Seriously, I cannot stand Amare. Okay, fool, you can run the floor and dunk, and little else. Shut the fuck up please.

Budkin
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Seriously, I cannot stand Amare. Okay, fool, you can run the floor and dunk, and little else. Shut the fuck up please.

Don't forget he can scowl too after he dunks.

monosylab1k
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd be offended if Amare hadn't already pretty much shown everybody many times already that he's mentally retarded. And I mean actually retarded. I am serious when I say that I believe Amare Stoudemire is mentally handicapped.

monosylab1k
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
He can also do pushups as his team gets their asses kicked out of the playoffs.

Findog
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM

He's Black Jesus!

Findog
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd be offended if Amare hadn't already pretty much shown everybody many times already that he's mentally retarded. And I mean actually retarded.

Forget STAT, he should change his nickname to STAR - Standing Tall and Retarded

ElNono
02-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Chill out guys... didn't your mothers taught you that it's in poor taste to make fun of retarded kids?

ratm1221
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Chill out guys... didn't your mothers taught you that it's in poor taste to make fun of retarded kids?

Who's retarded?

Xylus
02-25-2008, 01:16 PM
It's hilarious how worked up you guys get over comments like this. :lmao You knew Amare was cocky, does this come as any surprise to you?

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 01:18 PM
It's hilarious how worked up you guys get over comments like this. :lmao You knew Amare was cocky, does this come as any surprise to you?

It's the middle of the day, nothing else is going on :lol

lurker
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM
I think the funniest part is that he said this after his team got beat down by 30 points on national television.

Indazone
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
D'Antoni is gonna lose all his hair watching Shaq shoot FT's lol

monosylab1k
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
You knew Amare was cocky, does this come as any surprise to you?
It's not even cockiness, it's just a really embarrassing display of what little intelligence that numbnuts has.

stretch
02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
3) Amare trying to guard Dirk.
:lmao

The thought of that is quite amusing.

Xylus
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
:lmao

The thought of that is quite amusing.
And the thought of Dirk guarding Amare is equally as amusing. The two of them will have no problem scoring at will on the other.

monosylab1k
02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
And the thought of Dirk guarding Amare is equally as amusing.
remind me of the last time Dirk said "We're not concerned about Phoenix at all."

Xylus
02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
remind me of the last time Dirk said "We're not concerned about Phoenix at all."
Who cares? I'm not talking about Amare's obtuse comments, I'm talking about the actual game... you know, basketball.

stretch
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I'll put my money on Dirk guarding Amare better than Amare guarding Dirk.

Dirk is lazy on defense.

Amare is both lazy and fucking stupid on defense.

monosylab1k
02-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Who cares? I'm not talking about Amare's obtuse comments, I'm talking about the actual game... you know, basketball.
So you fully admit that Amare is a classless retarded piece of shit that can dunk a ball real good? Awesome.

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I'll put my money on Dirk guarding Amare better than Amare guarding Dirk.

Dirk is lazy on defense.

Amare is both lazy and fucking stupid on defense.

No, Amare blocks 2 shots per game, he's really good at defense this year! :rolleyes

ratm1221
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
So you fully admit that Amare is a classless retarded piece of shit that can dunk a ball real good? Awesome.

I'll second that. :tu

Xylus
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I'd agree that Amare says some really stupid things sometimes and should keep his mouth shut if he can't show a decent amount of humility

stretch
02-25-2008, 02:21 PM
No, Amare blocks 2 shots per game, he's really good at defense this year! :rolleyes
:lol

LakerMagic
02-25-2008, 02:33 PM
The Big Cactus is done.

ElNono
02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Who's retarded?

taught (tôt)
v.
Past tense and past participle of teach.

Who's retarded?

ApolloCreed
02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
LMAO! Mavs fans should be more concerned with what comes out of Stackhouse's mouth.

And all Amare can do is run and dunk? Are you serious?

Findog
02-25-2008, 04:11 PM
LMAO! Mavs fans should be more concerned with what comes out of Stackhouse's mouth.

And all Amare can do is run and dunk? Are you serious?

He can sometimes hit an 18 foot jumper. And instead of playing solid positional defense, he goes for the block everytime so he can try and get on SportsCenter. What else?

SAGambler
02-25-2008, 04:19 PM
"Once I master the offense like everyone else, we're going to be a dangerous team," O'Neal said. "I don't see any problems."

Well, since most of you offense come from within 3 feet or less of the basket, how can it be so hard to "master" it? Oh, BTW, they brought you in for your superior defense. Perhaps you need to "master" that too.

SAtown
02-25-2008, 04:27 PM

taught (tôt)
v.
Past tense and past participle of teach.

Who's retarded?

Pretend you said "Chill out guys... Did your mothers not (TEACH/TAUGHT) you that it's in poor taste to make fun of retarded kids?" Would you choose "teach" or "taught?"

Findog
02-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Turns out the reporter who asked him the question was Jennifer Floyd Engel of the Star Telegram. Not that Amare isn't anything other than an immature jackass, but she is a cunt. Nobody within the Mavs organization has said a damn thing about the Shaq trade, but she asked an inflammatory question by saying "The impression in Dallas...."

What a stupid bitch.

ApolloCreed
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Turns out the reporter who asked him the question was Jennifer Floyd Engel of the Star Telegram. Not that Amare isn't anything other than an immature jackass, but she is a cunt. Nobody within the Mavs organization has said a damn thing about the Shaq trade, but she asked an inflammatory question by saying "The impression in Dallas...."

What a stupid bitch.

No joke. I wonder what Dirk would say if they said the impression in Phoenix was that Jason Kidd was too old and beat down to make a difference.

ludda
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
That question was just asking for a response like that.

But Uhmare and Snaq have always had big mouths, no surprises there.

Findog
02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
But Uhmare and Snaq have always had big mouths, no surprises there.

They're just talking the smack they're supposed to talk.

peskypesky
02-25-2008, 06:10 PM
I like how he was screaming his head off after a dunk when his team was down by 30 points yesterday. What an assclown.

Exactly!! What a dumbass! Your team is being bitch-slapped on your homecourt, you're down by 30 and you're going to be acting like a bad-ass cause you throw down a dunk????!!!!! Pathetic. You have to wonder if he even knows how to count. :p:

Findog
02-26-2008, 12:44 AM
FWIW, at the game tonight, I got close enough to ask Brandon Bass what he thought of Amare saying he wasn't worried about Dallas.

The Basshole looked at me like I was the dumbest fucking tool on the planet, even dumber than Duhmare, and stared at me blankly for about ten seconds before finally saying "Uh, okay."

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2350/2292592125_10e2bd89cd.jpg

majinkoola
02-26-2008, 09:20 AM
That's all he is, a cocky bastard. You think he would show more respect to the two teams that have eliminated his team the past 4 playoffs he's been in.

When has Dallas eliminated Amare from the playoffs? Remind me, please. And when did he say that he wasn't worried about SA?

Jason_Terry
02-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I hate these fuckers so bad I'd rather see the Lakers win a few more rings than see Phoenix ever come close to winning one.

ApolloCreed
02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
FWIW, at the game tonight, I got close enough to ask Brandon Bass what he thought of Amare saying he wasn't worried about Dallas.

The Basshole looked at me like I was the dumbest fucking tool on the planet, even dumber than Duhmare, and stared at me blankly for about ten seconds before finally saying "Uh, okay."

Who's Brandon Bass? :lol

You couldn't ask Dirk or Kidd?

Brandon Bass
02-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm Brandon Bass, motherfucker!

Brandon Bass
02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Damn I look good.

Findog
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM

You couldn't ask Dirk or Kidd?

They weren't on the court during the shootaround.

Findog
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm Brandon Bass, motherfucker!

You're the Basshole!

yourcheatinheart
02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/576953119_94280fd71d_o.jpg amare enjoys watching all you dance to the songs he sings. fucking GOLD!!!

bonesinaz
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM

Come on Xylus, the Suns fans I know in AZ (and I live here) all admit that Amare is the village idiot. His idiocy has cost your team games.

Xylus
02-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Come on Xylus, the Suns fans I know in AZ (and I live here) all admit that Amare is the village idiot. His idiocy has cost your team games.
He's done a couple of bonehead things on the court (leaving the bench area comes to mind), but he's not nearly as stupid as you guys would have everyone believe. You'd think Forrest Gump could ball.