PDA

View Full Version : Parker working to get rhythm back

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA022508.07C.SpursNotebook_0225.en.3bafeff.html

Pro basketball: Parker working to get rhythm back

Web Posted: 02/24/2008 11:42 PM CST

Jeff McDonald
San Antonio Express-News

Tony Parker says he is over the ankle inflammation that kept him out of nine games from Jan. 26 to Feb. 19. All that's left is for him to get his groove back.
Parker played 18 minutes, 28 seconds off the bench in his return at Minnesota on Thursday. He started Saturday's victory over New Orleans, playing 29 minutes, 49 seconds and scoring 10 points on 4-of-13 shooting.

"I've just got to try to get back in shape, get my wind back, my legs back," Parker said after the Spurs practiced Sunday. "Physically I feel fine. I've just got to get back in basketball shape, try and get a rhythm back."

Over the next two games, Parker will search for his rhythm against a pair of teams who made over their point guard position in advance of last week's trade deadline.

Tonight's opponent at the AT&T Center, the Atlanta Hawks, added former Sacramento point guard Mike Bibby. Meanwhile, the Dallas Mavericks, who come to town on Thursday, brought back All-Star Jason Kidd.

Over the past several seasons, Parker — who is averaging 18.7 points and a team-best 5.7 assists this season — has fared well against both of them.

Still learning: With Saturday's arrival of Kurt Thomas, reserve point guard Damon Stoudamire is no longer the newest Spurs player.

"It's kind of cool to have another guy who really don't know (the offense)," Stoudamire said Sunday. "I'm two weeks ahead of Kurt. We have a short learning curve to pick this stuff up. It's good to get out there together and walk each other through it."

Stoudamire and Thomas spent some extra time after Sunday's practice doing just that. Stoudamire, who arrived Feb. 4, says he is just now beginning to get comfortable with the Spurs' system.

"I feel like I'm picking it up more," Stoudamire said. "I'm getting more comfortable with teammates. I'm starting to feel more comfortable on the floor, to where I'm playing and not thinking so much."

Barry sweepstakes: The race to land Brent Barry appears to be down to five teams, with the Spurs in the mix along with Phoenix, Dallas, Houston and Boston.

Barry was traded from the Spurs to Seattle last week as part of the deal that brought Thomas to San Antonio. The SuperSonics placed him on waivers Friday, meaning he won't be eligible to sign with a team until Tuesday.

If Barry chooses to re-sign with the Spurs, he must wait 30 days per NBA rules.

Richardson returns: Tonight's game will mark the return of Jeremy Richardson to the AT&T Center. Richardson, the MVP of this year's NBA Developmental League All-Star Game, played in five games for the Spurs earlier this season.

He signed a 10-day contract with Atlanta on Feb. 18.

ducks
02-25-2008, 03:10 PM
damm tp assist dipped below 6 his injury has caused his stats to go down

stevenger
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Tony parker must be healty ıf San Antonio Spurs want to be champion. He is the quickest point guard of the NBA.