PDA

View Full Version : West Matchups if playoffs started today

Amarelooms
02-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Wow I would love for it to stay like this....best possible for the Mavs. Sure the Hornets are tough but they have no playoff experience and I dont see em beating the Mavs...Mavs in 6. But I do see the Lakers and Spurs losing in the first round...and Utah probably beats Phoenix :elephant

(1) Los Angeles (39-17)
Games remaining: 26 (16 Home, 10 Away)
vs. +.500: 15 vs. Div: 8
(8) Golden State (33-22)
Games remaining: 27 (13 Home, 14 Away)
vs. +.500: 15 vs. Div: 8
REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Tied 1-1

(2) San Antonio (37-17)
Games remaining: 28 (14 Home, 14 Away)vs. +.500: 16 vs. Div: 4
(7) Houston (36-20)
Games remaining: 26 (14 Home, 12 Away)
vs. +.500: 13 vs. Div: 5
REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Rockets lead 2-1

(3) New Orleans (37-17)
Games remaining: 28 (14 Home, 14 Away)
vs. +.500: 16 vs. Div: 4
(6) Dallas (37-19)
Games remaining: 26 (15 Home, 11 Away)
vs. +.500: 15 vs. Div: 4
REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Hornets lead 2-1

(4) Utah (36-20)
Games remaining: 26 (14 Home, 12 Away)
vs. +.500: 14 vs. Div: 7
(5) Phoenix (38-18)
Games remaining: 26 (12 Home, 14 Away)
vs. +.500: 17 vs. Div: 3
REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Tied 1-1

picnroll
02-25-2008, 02:08 PM
How much playoff experience did GS have last year?

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Those are some good matchups.

degenerate_gambler
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
dude you could probably start a thread exactly like this for the next 7 days and you'll get 7 different scenarios for your team. crazy good season with an all-out sprint to the finish.

Warlord23
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
The Mavs will do well to avoid teams with fleet-footed young star PGs (Parker, Paul and to a lesser degree Williams), else old man Kidd could be in for some serious punishment. The way it looks now Kidd will have to face Paul in the 1st round and Parker in the second.

I'm guessing NOH and PHX both drop in the standings down the stretch, while the Texas teams steadily climb upwards. I'd like it if it ends up looking like this:

(1) SAS v/s (8) GS/DEN
(2) LAL v/s (7) PHX
(3) DAL v/s (6) HOU
(4) UTA v/s (5) NOH

We get Shaq v/s Kobe and a Mavs-Rockets match-up. SA avoids LA, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix in the first 2 rounds. Those 4 are IMO the toughest outs for SA.

Killakobe81
02-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Dude ONLY team any smart (and honest) Laker fan fears/respect is the SPurs!
Phoenix had a better chance BEFORE the trade we will run SHAQ ragged ...Warriors great vs MAVS last year but we aint them ...and they cant play D (neither can the nuggs if they make it) Monta Ellis will be a TOUGH Matchup for anyone in the league he is Tony parker with a better all-around offensive game (not quite as good a passer though) ..Houston good defense ...iffy point gaurds ...Yao slow on defense ...Utah great PG and boozer a tough matchup for us as well we have no one to really deal with either but i like our matchups EVERYWHERE else vs. Jazz
That leaves the Sperms i mean spurs ...jk
Kobe vs Manu great matchup slight edge to kobe if manu doesnt gaurd him if its straight up bigger edge Kobe beacsue manu WILL get in to foul trouble
Parker vs. Dfish big edge inside and speed parker shooting and defense Fisher but if healthy ypu cant argue who is the better player (but fish does kill the spurs .03 anyone?)
Duncan v. Bynum HUGE edge spurs in evrything exept athleticisim nuff said
Odom v. Bowen edge Lakers except in 1on1 defense and 3pt baseline shots
Gasol v. Oberto BIG egde Lakers

Bench - pretty even Lakers are deeper Spurs more experienced
Coaching - On paper even ...or slight edge Phil but i must admit I love Pop Phil even though he wins is too hands off and goofy for me ...
Right now if were 2 bet with my mind and not my heart ...id bet Spurs ...but i may rethink this if and when that time comes ...go Lakers ...boo spurs (only cuz yall hate on the Lakers ...i liked the spurs as my 2nd team before i moved to san antonio)

Amarelooms
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Phoenix had a better chance BEFORE the trade we will run SHAQ ragged ...Warriors great vs MAVS last year but we aint them ...and they cant play D (neither can the nuggs if they make it) Monta Ellis will be a TOUGH Matchup for anyone in the league he is Tony parker with a better all-around offensive game (not quite as good a passer though) ..Houston good defense ...iffy point gaurds ...Yao slow on defense ...Utah great PG and boozer a tough matchup for us as well we have no one to really deal with either but i like our matchups EVERYWHERE else vs. Jazz
Kobe vs Manu is great slight edge to kobe if manu doesnt gaurd him if its straight up bigger edge Kobe beacsue manu WILL get in to foul trouble
Parker vs. Dfish big edge inside and speed parker shooting and defense Fisher but if healthy ypu cant argue who is the better player (but fish does kill the spurs .03 anyone?)

Coaching - On paper even ...or slight edge Phil but i must admit I love Pop Phil even though he wins is too hands off and goofy for me ...
Right now if were 2 bet with my mind and not my heart ...id bet Spurs ...but i may rethink this if and when that time comes ...go Lakers ...boo spurs (only cuz yall hate on the Lakers ...i liked the spurs as my 2nd team before i moved to san antonio)

Be gone Laker homer...no one is reading all that bullcrap :elephant

ratm1221
02-25-2008, 03:17 PM
The Mavs will do well to avoid teams with fleet-footed young star PGs (Parker, Paul and to a lesser degree Williams), else old man Kidd could be in for some serious punishment. The way it looks now Kidd will have to face Paul in the 1st round and Parker in the second.

I'm guessing NOH and PHX both drop in the standings down the stretch, while the Texas teams steadily climb upwards. I'd like it if it ends up looking like this:

(1) SAS v/s (8) GS/DEN
(2) LAL v/s (7) PHX
(3) DAL v/s (6) HOU
(4) UTA v/s (5) NOH

We get Shaq v/s Kobe and a Jazz-Rockets rematch. SA avoids LA, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix in the first 2 rounds. Those 4 are IMO the toughest outs for SA.

Sweet, I'll take Houston in the first round.

The Franchise
02-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Sweet, I'll take Houston in the first round.
Without Devin Harris I'll take it!!! :hungry:

ratm1221
02-25-2008, 03:40 PM

Haha, we don't need Harris to be the Rockets. Enjoy the 12 game winning streak from playing scrub teams in Feb. Houston has a really tough schedule in March.

ratm1221
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM

I'm glad Devin Harris made such a difference from the bench in 2005 when Dallas eliminated Houston from the playoffs. :rolleyes

The Franchise
02-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm glad Devin Harris made such a difference from the bench in 2005 when Dallas eliminated Houston from the playoffs. :rolleyes
Not the same team. We are a lot deeper than that Rockets team. Hell we're not even the same team from two months ago. It has taken time for us to get acclimated to the new offense, but we are starting to click. The scary thing is we can only get better. As far as Rockets and Mavs go we will be playing one another in about for games. Let's wait and see what unfolds. :hungry:

z0sa
02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Kobe vs Manu great matchup slight edge to kobe if manu doesnt gaurd him if its straight up bigger edge Kobe beacsue manu WILL get in to foul trouble

I was honestly reading until you put the current derek fisher with the current tony parker into the same class. You even insinuate theres a possibly he could be better than parker.

:lmao

stretch
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I was honestly reading until you put the current derek fisher with the current tony parker into the same class. You even insinuate theres a possibly he could be better than parker.

I didn't see that insinuation at all.

You are too sensitive.

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 07:00 PM

I know it was hard to follow, but he said if both are healthy then there is no question on who is better (Parker). The only edge he gave Fisher was defense.

stretch
02-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I know it was hard to follow, but he said if both are healthy then there is no question on who is better (Parker). The only edge he gave Fisher was defense.
and shooting.

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 07:06 PM
and shooting.

I missed that. That might be questionable, Parker has a pretty consistent jumper. Fisher is rather streaky.

Indazone
02-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Houston just trashed the Hornets and Cleveland. I know the Spurs did the same thing so I'm sayin it's a good matchup. So far this season, the Rockets are up 2-1 in head to head play. I'm all for a first round matchup with the Spurs.

Matchman
02-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Houston just trashed the Hornets and Cleveland. I know the Spurs did the same thing so I'm sayin it's a good matchup. So far this season, the Rockets are up 2-1 in head to head play. I'm all for a first round matchup with the Spurs.

dont count out playoff experience, which the spurs have plenty. I would rather face the Suns, the hornets or the Mavs than the Spurs.

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 07:28 PM

One of the wins when we were playing shitty, so I think the best indicator will be March 30. The Rockets do play the Spurs well but I think the Spurs could beat them in the playoffs.

ednobli2
02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Spurs and Rockets always play each other tough in the season but the Spurs would get McGrady another 1st Round out. You don't have Hakeem anymore.

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
One of the wins when we were playing shitty, so I think the best indicator will be March 30. The Rockets do play the Spurs well but I think the Spurs could beat them in the playoffs.
Well, the Spurs win against the Rockets was when the Rockets were playing shitty.

td4mvp21
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, the Spurs win against the Rockets was when the Rockets were playing shitty.

Ok, then I guess you would agree with me that the best indicator would be March 30 then :rolleyes