PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first Spurs game!

Cry Havoc
02-25-2008, 03:20 PM
This Saturday against Milwaukee in Milwaukee. Row P of section 222, which is the first section of stands! I got a great price on the ticket from stubhub.

I'm really excited. The seat is pretty good. Anyone want photos of specific players (or cheerleaders:devil)? I'm taking a pretty decent camera.

We better kick Milwaukee's ass that night. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Pistons < Spurs
02-25-2008, 03:26 PM
:tu Good for you Havoc! Enjoy it. And I hope the Spurs win for ya!

tp2021
02-25-2008, 03:27 PM
awesome man! i hope you enjoy it! ive only ever been to 2 spurs games. they were in different seasons, but both times were vs the nuggets. both times without tim and manu b/c of injuries. both times they lost.

but they'll win this one for sure! enjoy it!

Radiosparks
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Enjoy it buddy!

ehz33satx
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I have been to about 20 to 25 games in the Alamodome and about 10 games in the ATT Center.

tlongII
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
You might want to take some No-Doze tablets with you. I hear they are pretty boring.

ricketts
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
hope its a great game for your first. post any pictures you take here so we can all enjoy. have fun.

Cry Havoc
02-25-2008, 05:33 PM
You might want to take some No-Doze tablets with you. I hear they are pretty boring.

:lol

hope its a great game for your first. post any pictures you take here so we can all enjoy. have fun.

Sure will. I'll also have the high resolution pictures available for email upon request. Camera is a Nikon D50 SLR with a Tamron 28-80mm AF lens. Should be pretty swanky from only ~20 rows from the court!

duncan228
02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
That's cool Cry Havoc.
I've never seen them, I can only imagine how excited you are.
Have a blast, and Duncan pics are always appreciated. :)

Cry Havoc
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
That's cool Cry Havoc.
I've never seen them, I can only imagine how excited you are.
Have a blast, and Duncan pics are always appreciated. :)

Stop droolin' on my thread, babe. :rolleyes

:toast

duncan228
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Stop droolin' on my thread, babe. :rolleyes

:toast

:lmao

Was it that obvious?

mrsmaalox
02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
I've been to many games, sat in many different levels/sections and it just gets better every time. it'll be one of the coolest things you've ever done! Have a blast and we'll love to see any of the pics you get!

Cry Havoc
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I've been to many games, sat in many different levels/sections and it just gets better every time. it'll be one of the coolest things you've ever done! Have a blast and we'll love to see any of the pics you get!

I went to a Bulls game last month, but I was sitting in the nosebleeds. It was okay but felt pretty disconnected from the game for the most part. This is going to be pretty close to courtside! =)

CubanMustGo
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
This Saturday against Milwaukee in Milwaukee. Row P of section 222, which is the first section of stands! I got a great price on the ticket from stubhub.

I'm really excited. The seat is pretty good. Anyone want photos of specific players (or cheerleaders:devil)? I'm taking a pretty decent camera.

We better kick Milwaukee's ass that night. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Enjoy! Nothing like watching the Spurs kick the home team's collective ass .. :fro

WalterBenitez
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats man, I hope you watch a great game!

Cry Havoc
02-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Got my ticket today! Fedex overnight. AHHHH SO HAPPY.

thebigchill
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
We'd better hear you on the tube! Say it loud!

phyzik
02-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Have fun CH!!

Thread jack for a second though....

Im holding in my hands 2 tickets to the timberwolves on March 28th. Row 7 Section 20 that my brother bought from Iraq online, he is coming home March 20th for 2 weeks. He was going to buy tickets behind the bench for 700.00 a pop but Im glad he didnt, I mean its just the freaking timberwolves! but still, pretty cool.

Would have been cool if he was coming just a few days earlier, I would have MADE him buy those tickets for the Celtics game! :)

FYI, only those who have family/friends over there know how much they bank... they literally have nothing to spend their money on. Im just lucky to have a brother who saves up and splurges on the family when he gets home. He gets just as much as he gives though, dont worry about that.

clambake
02-27-2008, 08:31 PM
you should dump the spurs and become a mavs fan. never boring. the frustration alone is enough to keep you awake. :spin

phyzik
02-27-2008, 08:33 PM
you should dump the spurs and become a mavs fan. never boring. the frustration alone is enough to keep you awake. :spin

Spurs have been there, done that! :lol

Trust me, its even more frustrating once your team wins one and you already know that they are capable of doing it again and fall short! :spin

Mister Sinister
02-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I'll be there, too. Not sure where my seats are, but I'll definitely be showing my Spur pride.

J.T.
02-27-2008, 08:37 PM
:tu

I am like 150-1 in attending Spurs games. Only loss was against Dallas game 7 in '06 (yeah blame it on me). All of those were at the dome or AT&T center except one, which was at the AAC for opening night when Mavs played the Spurs, which I suppose was karma hitting me back for ripping my heart out a few months earlier.

Have a good time Havoc. Hopefully you start your own streak of seeing the Spurs own other teams in person.

carina_gino20
02-27-2008, 08:38 PM
nice. :) we'll be waiting for your recap.

clambake
02-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Trust me, its even more frustrating once your team wins one and you already know that they are capable of doing it again and fall short! :spin
:lol guess i'll have to trust you on that.

Mister Sinister
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM

I am like 150-1 in attending Spurs games. Only loss was against Dallas game 7 in '06 (yeah blame it on me). All of those were at the dome or AT&T center except one, which was at the AAC for opening night when Mavs played the Spurs, which I suppose was karma hitting me back for ripping my heart out a few months earlier.

Have a good time Havoc. Hopefully you start your own streak of seeing the Spurs own other teams in person.
Fucker! I KNEW it was your fault! :lol

~Sweetmelody~
02-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Cool! Looking forward to the recap and pictures. Oh, and take a really nice one of Manu.
:)

duncan228
02-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Still drooling...

J.T.
02-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Fucker! I KNEW it was your fault! :lol

I guess game 7 against Detroit was my fault too. You want to hate on me for that one?

Mister Sinister
02-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Still drooling...
:lol Oh, man, this is going to be FUN. I haven't been to a Spurs game since one against the Bulls in the 06 season.

Mister Sinister
02-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I guess game 7 against Detroit was my fault too. You want to hate on me for that one?
If you insist.... :p:

m33p0
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
how them blazers doing?

duncan228
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Take lots of Duncan pics please...The ball hug too if you can get it. :)

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2008, 09:00 PM

I am like 150-1 in attending Spurs games. Only loss was against Dallas game 7 in '06 (yeah blame it on me).

You're not the one to blame. It was my friend Ty (He is a jinx). He had previously attended Game 1 vs Denver, and Game 5 vs Phoenix in 2005. (Both losses).

We begged him not to go, but he didn't listen. I blame him soley for the loss during Game 6 vs Dallas. It wasn't Manu's fault, it was his. He knows who is, and I hope he reads this. He is the sole reason the Spurs failed to repeat. :pctoss

On the other hand, my playoff record is 4-0 (One of those victories was against the Jazz back in the 90's)

I went to game with him last year when we closed out the Nuggets.
You know the results, so I don't need to explain. :)

The only game I've been to in which the Spurs lost is when Timmy dropped 50 something on the Mavericks in OT, the day after Christmas. I think it was 2001. Other than that, I've been to about 30 games, all wins baby!

Cry Havok, take as many pictures as you can, then post them so we can have new wallpaper material. Thanks. :smokin

phyzik
02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
You're not the one to blame. It was my friend Ty (He is a jinx). He had previously attended Game 1 vs Denver, and Game 5 vs Phoenix in 2005. (Both losses).

We begged him not to go, but he didn't listen. I blame him soley for the loss during Game 6 vs Dallas. It wasn't Manu's fault, it was his. He knows who is, and I hope he reads this. He is the sole reason the Spurs failed to repeat. :pctoss

On the other hand, my playoff record is 4-0 (One of those victories was against the Jazz back in the 90's)

The only game I've been to in which the Spurs lost is when Timmy dropped 50 something on the Mavericks in OT, the day after Christmas. I think it was 2001. Other than that, I've been to about 30 games, all wins baby!

Cry Havok, take as many pictures as you can, then post them so we can have new wallpaper material. Thanks. :smokin

game six?

gospursgojas
02-27-2008, 09:45 PM

I think that was his career high in pts that night, i think it was like 63

duncan228
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I think that was his career high in pts that night, i think it was like 63

December 26, 2001

Mister Sinister
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Just found my tickets. I'm in section 442..so....upper level-ish, I guess.

Louie Vega
02-27-2008, 10:15 PM

:lol That's pretty funny man! One of your beloved Jailblazers having to come to San Antonio to get a ring is funnier though! :fro

Cry Havoc
02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
What I am probably going to do is make an entire thread with a 56k warning for the pics (because I'm going to reduce them in size but they'll still be huge, the camera's native resolution is something around 3008x2000). I'll also have a photobucket account open for anyone who wants the full-size photos and a link to it.

I hope I see Duncan hugging the ball! That would be a treat. If I thought I could get it in, I'd make a huge "SPURSTALK" sign.... would be SWEET to see that on TV.

I'll try to get some Manu pics too. I plan on going really early for the shootaround, so I should be there about an hour before tip-off. I'll try to get some warm-up pics as well.

So excited! I plan on a couple hundred photos if I have a good view. =) I'll post the 20 or 30 best to this site.

duncan228
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
I hope I see Duncan hugging the ball!

Just keep your eyes, and camera, on him when he first takes the floor before tip.
He usually does it before he greets the other team, although I have seen him do it in between greeting.
It's just that short time though, it could be easy to miss in the excitement of being there. And he may have his back to you, depending on your seat and where he does it.

Have a blast and thanks in advance for the pics and your photobucket link. We're all going to enjoy this with you, thanks for sharing it.

duncan228
03-02-2008, 11:25 AM
How was it Cry Havoc?
I assume you had a blast.
It's great that they pulled out the win for you.

Mister Sinister
03-02-2008, 01:20 PM
How was it Cry Havoc?
I assume you had a blast.
It's great that they pulled out the win for you.
I know I had fun. There were a BUNCH of other Spurs fans there. Like I told my dad, we are *legion.* Ahhhh!!! It was so much fun, though!

duncan228
03-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I know I had fun. There were a BUNCH of other Spurs fans there. Like I told my dad, we are *legion.* Ahhhh!!! It was so much fun, though!

Details?
Best part of the night? Worst?

Pictures?

Cry Havoc
03-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm working on it. I'm sorting through over 250 shots I took. I tried to get every Spur in frame at least once. With my lens though, I could only really focus on smaller parts of the court, but some of the photos turned out great!

~Sweetmelody~
03-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm working on it. I'm sorting through over 250 shots I took. I tried to get every Spur in frame at least once. With my lens though, I could only really focus on smaller parts of the court, but some of the photos turned out great!

Cool! I can't wait to see them!

Cry Havoc
03-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Best part of the night: Watching Parker and Manu with their incredible body reversals. Parker made a shot in mid-flight that was simply unreal. And of course, the Manu winner: I had a running dialog going with the Bucks fans sitting next to me, and that was definitely a bragging rights bucket! :lol Also, watching the Spurs goof off during the shootaround was hilarious. Duncan totally stripped Mighty Mouse and started bragging to Manu about it. :lol

Worst part of the night: Watching the Spurs clang 3 in a row at the line in crunch time and seeing Duncan struggle mightily. He just didn't look like himself.

SpursFanFirst
03-02-2008, 02:43 PM
You had a great game to attend last night, Cry Havoc!
Glad you had a good time! :)

SenorSpur
03-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Good show. I love attending Spurs road games too. Hope you enjoyed it thorougly. Don't make it your last!

marini martini
03-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Dang, CryHavoc & Shagia, what a game to have seen live! It was such a nail biter. Glad you were there, I know you had a blast :toast