PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Watch

monosylab1k
02-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Here's the lastest rumor -

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770/Talk-isn't-just-about-college-stars-at-combine?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=4973

The Patriots and Randy Moss really aren't close to a new contract, although the Pats believe Moss will give them the option to match whatever deal he does receive on the open market. That makes sense because the clubs pursuing Moss will be limited because he wants to play for a contender. The most interesting rumor is Moss joining the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys can pay up, and wouldn't T.O. and Moss be interesting to watch, not to mention impossible to defend?

kskonn
02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
As a cowboys fan I would love to see Moss wearing the star, however does anyone think that Moss and Owens can co-exist? Perhaps their drive to want to win a bowl would allow this to happen but I am not sure.

scott
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Dallas doesn't have the cap-room to sign Moss. The author of this story is obviously not very well informed.

dallaskd
02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
my watch is better...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77609

J.T.
02-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Cowboys would need two QBs, two balls and two teams so Moss and Owens could both be the No. 1 receiver.

spursRgay
02-26-2008, 12:08 AM
oh man that would be awesome to watch until the inevitable trainwreck

spursRgay
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
i take that back, the trainwreck would probably be just as entertaining

stretch
02-26-2008, 09:46 AM
actually, as long as they are winning, i think they will do fine together. they are getting older, and know that the greatness of their legacies largley depend on them finishing their careers having a ring. a lot of people will be expecting a trainwreck from them, so i think they would be more interested in proving people wrong when they flash that ring. but we will see...

rascal
02-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Javon Walker may be headed to Dallas.

February 26th, 2008 ProFootBall Talk ProFootballTalk.com
The Best Pro Football Scoop on the Internet

‘BOYS EYEING JAVON?
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2008, 2:52 p.m.
So Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to put some “wow” into the offense? One possibility we’re hearing about is by acquiring receiver Javon Walker from the Broncos.

A league source tells us that the Cowboys are working on a deal that would bring Walker to Big D. The problem, however, is Walker’s knee. He tore an ACL during the first game of the 2005 regular-season, and he missed plenty of time in 2007, his second year in Denver, due to lingering problems with it.

There’s a chance, said the source, that Walker wouldn’t pass a physical.

If Walker were to land in Dallas, however, things could get interesting. Said the source: “Can you picture [Terrell] Owens’ reaction? Walker has pissed people off in Green Bay and Denver because he wants the ball so much. They are supposedly friends so I’m sure they think it could work but it would be fun to watch.“

Owens and Walker made plenty of headlines three years ago in their efforts to get new contracts. Both threatened to hold out and, in the end, both caved.

Walker was traded to Denver in April 2006, and received the new contract he craved. After a solid first season with the Broncos, the team picked up an option for 2007. In hindsight, it’s yet another poor decision from Denver’s de facto G.M.

fyatuk
02-26-2008, 12:22 PM
i take that back, the trainwreck would probably be just as entertaining

Combine the two of them with Romo and his celebrity associations, and it certainly would be one beauty of a trainwreck to watch. We're talking pay per view special good!

Evan
02-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Dallas doesn't have the cap-room to sign Moss. The author of this story is obviously not very well informed.

Dallas has loads of cap room if they need it. They are one of the few top teams that don't have crazy back loaded cap killing contracts. They can easily afford a few salary restructures.

However...it will never happen.

I can see Roy Williams but not Moss. Not with TO on the team.

whottt
02-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Please sign Moss Dallas...he was always meant to be a Cowboy...

You guys do realize that Moss wanted the Cowboys to draft him in the first place and has sworn to tear them up for not doing it(which he has done).

If we'd drafted Moss we'd have won another Superbowl with the triplets.

Randy Moss = Superbowl...and don't sell Jerry short...regardless of how much of a dumbass he is with his coaches he tends to get big names if it's at all possible.

If there's a way to get cap room he'll do it...and I imagine Moss would be down with it as well.

Moss/Owens would be one for the ages.

The only problem I see is that they both have the same number...and I could see that being an issue with those two.

kskonn
02-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Please sign Moss Dallas...he was always meant to be a Cowboy...

You guys do realize that Moss wanted the Cowboys to draft him in the first place and has sworn to tear them up for not doing it(which he has done).

If we'd drafted Moss we'd have won another Superbowl with the triplets.

Randy Moss = Superbowl...and don't sell Jerry short...regardless of how much of a dumbass he is with his coaches he tends to get big names if it's at all possible.

If there's a way to get cap room he'll do it...and I imagine Moss would be down with it as well.

Moss/Owens would be one for the ages.

The only problem I see is that they both have the same number...and I could see that being an issue with those two.

I agree on everything except the number. Didn't moss change to that number when he went to the patriots? I could be wrong about that, I did not look it up just going off memory. If he switched to a new number at the patriots I don't see him having a problem switching again.

Flight3107
02-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Moss in Minnesota - 84
Moss in Oakland - 18
Moss in New England - 81
Moss in Dallas - 83 :hungry: :hungry:

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 09:44 AM
http://sports.aol.com/voices/jensen/_a/moss-sticking-as-free-agents-roll-out/20080226105209990001

2) WR Randy Moss. Last week, there was the “Will they, won’t they…” on whether the Patriots would franchise tag Moss. But Moss is expected to re-sign with the Patriots later this week, and his contract is projected to be for three years, at an average of $10 million per season, including $12 million to $15 million guaranteed.

Could he get more elsewhere?

Of course. But he truly does want to win, and although he did not achieve his ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl last season, Moss still recognizes the value in remaining with the Patriots.

After lamenting his quarterbacks the past few seasons, Moss clicked for record numbers with Tom Brady. In addition, with talented players like Laurence Maroney, Wes Welker and Ben Watson around him, Moss wouldn’t face as many double teams as he would elsewhere.

But his 2008 team shouldn’t expect 2007 Randy Moss; that was a season in which all the stars aligned perfectly.

One concern: Moss turned 31 this month, and he has dealt with recurring injuries.

rascal
02-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Moss is staying in New England. Stallworth will be with another team next year.

bostonguy
02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Now we will have a good O and a horrible D. We have lost way too many key defensive players and age isnt helping this team either. The D is going to blow.

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Now we will have a good O and a horrible D. We have lost way too many key defensive players and age isnt helping this team either. The D is going to blow.
cutting Colvin was tough but necessary. the guy is never healthy.

the Defensive line is still one of the best in the league, and if Gholston is drafted, our pass rush is just as strong as ever.

Adalius Thomas has had a year to learn the system so he should be improved next year. Vrabel is always solid. If Bruschi/Seau retire that would suck but every Pats fan was looking for them to be replaced anyways because they were getting too slow.

The Eagles are looking to trade Lito Sheppard, the Ravens are looking to trade Ed Reed, and the Raiders are looking to trade Michael Huff, so if we're willing to, there's some trade partners there.

And if we're serious about upgrading the secondary.......................there's always Pacman Jones. just saying. belichick's done well with "problem" guys before. and apparently we got alot of guys on the team that like weed so he should fit in.

bostonguy
02-27-2008, 10:01 AM
cutting Colvin was tough but necessary. the guy is never healthy.

the Defensive line is still one of the best in the league, and if Gholston is drafted, our pass rush is just as strong as ever.

Adalius Thomas has had a year to learn the system so he should be improved next year. Vrabel is always solid. If Bruschi/Seau retire that would suck but every Pats fan was looking for them to be replaced anyways because they were getting too slow.

The Eagles are looking to trade Lito Sheppard, the Ravens are looking to trade Ed Reed, and the Raiders are looking to trade Michael Huff, so if we're willing to, there's some trade partners there.

Ed Reed????? :drunk :drunk :drunk That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Ed Reed????? :drunk :drunk :drunk That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!
yeah it's just a rumor, but he would cost the #7 pick and we'd have to convince him to restructure his contract.

Trainwreck2100
02-27-2008, 12:08 PM

You just need to find another way to steal defensive signal

stretch
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Moss in Minnesota - 84
Moss in Oakland - 18
Moss in New England - 81
Moss in Dallas - 83 :hungry: :hungry:
yea, and he changed to 18 in Oakland because Jerry Porter already had 84. I don't think numbers will be an issue for Moss.

stretch
02-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Not happening.

Radiosparks
02-29-2008, 12:32 AM
As free agency began Friday at 12:00 AM ET, the Patriots had no deal in place with Randy Moss, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Hmmmm...Interesting.

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 03:04 AM
I'd love to see Moss as a Cowboy. They already have the receiver I hate the most in the league, so nobody could be any worse. The Cowboys improve their team just by keeping Moss from any potential opponents, since that is an automatic loss.

J.T.
02-29-2008, 03:24 AM
The number thing is really no question. TO has always been 81. Moss has changed numbers every team he's been with.

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 04:02 AM
The number thing is really no question. TO has always been 81. Moss has changed numbers every team he's been with.
Give him fucking 88 for all I care. Nothing's sacred.

monosylab1k
02-29-2008, 06:43 PM
According to John Clayton on Sportscenter, Moss and the Pats are nowhere close to a deal and he's officially listening to other teams.

samikeyp
02-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Give him fucking 88 for all I care. Nothing's sacred.

True, if they can let Antonio Bryant wear 88, why not Moss?

He was also 88 in college.

Evan
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
He will not be a Cowboy...give it a rest.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
He will not be a Cowboy...give it a rest.

I agree not going to happen Walker is a slight chance at this point.

T Park
03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Go after Moss, if you can't get close on a deal, cut your losses and get Javon Walker. Then go in the draft and get a good WR like a Sweed, who for some reason is being projected for the second round.

TheSanityAnnex
03-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Javon Walker is a walking cancer.

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274806

Talks between the Patriots and Randy Moss heated up Monday as both sides are working toward getting a deal done Monday, according to sources.

On Friday, Moss started to listen to offers from other teams. On Saturday, he explored possibilities with other franchises and even discussed the possibility of reuniting with his former Vikings teammate, Daunte Culpepper, on another team.

While all this was gong on, Moss stayed in touch with the Patriots with hopes of reaching a deal. Friends of Moss believe a deal with the Patriots is imminent but neither the Patriots nor his agent, Tim DiPiero, are commenting.

ATRAIN
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM

I thought you quit on keeping up with football.

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I thought you quit on keeping up with football.
Don't you have some posting to do in the Quattro?

ATRAIN
03-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't you have some posting to do in the Quattro?

awww don't get mad because im just quoting what you said when you had your little mini pats losing meltdown. Do I need to bump threads?

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
awww don't get mad because im just quoting what you said when you had your little mini pats losing meltdown. Do I need to bump threads?
If you're that obsessed with me go ahead.

ATRAIN
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
If you're that obsessed with me go ahead.

nah not obsessed, I just like outing you as a poser. I guess I shouldn't have to out you though since this whole board knows your one already.

End Discussion

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
nah not obsessed, I just like outing you as a poser. I guess I shouldn't have to out you though since this whole board knows your one already.

End Discussion
this guy takes the internet seriously.

ATRAIN
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM
this guy takes the internet seriously.

Coming from you that means nothing.

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Coming from you that means nothing.
then why did you reply?

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Now they're reporting it's gonna be 3 years/$27 million.

Considering everyone expected it would take 10-12 million a year to get Moss, this is a win for the Pats.

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Now they're reporting it's gonna be 3 years/$27 million.

Considering everyone expected it would take 10-12 million a year to get Moss, this is a win for the Pats.
Did the Pats sign him? If not, how is this a win?

Link?

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Did the Pats sign him? If not, how is this a win?

Link?

not official yet.

The New England Patriots and Randy Moss are finalizing terms on a three-year, $27 million deal, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Pats put too much in the basket to win it all last year. If I were a Pats fan I would have rather seen Moss walk and use that money to strengthen up the secondary.

mikejones99
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
3 years for 27 million $$$$$$$$$$$

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
official per espn