PDA

View Full Version : This K-state - Texas game

word
02-25-2008, 10:37 PM
is a banger. Tied at 50 with 10 minutes left.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Kstate is a one man show

this team fucking flat out SUCCCKS, laughable that they are third in the conference, Beasley is just that bad ass i guess.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-25-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL connor gets all ball block and the ref on the complete opposite blocked-view end of the court calls his fourth foul, while the baseline ref watching connor get all ball does not blow his whistle.

classic college road game bull shit

beasley rebounds like 50 times better than durant ever did
i hate how they compare them, durant is obviously inferior

Cant_Be_Faded
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Solid Win.

KState as a team sucks, like REALLY bad. I was thinking the big twelve was fully dominant, but mostly because I was buying into the hype of Kstate....watching them play for the first time, its like, wow, this team is a shitty one trick pony.

Beasley is one stone cold mo'fo, a total rebounding machine.
But Kstate as a team blows. They had so many opportunities to win this game.

DJ continues to choke at the free throw line on the road and when the game is close.
AJ continues never to let slow first halfs keep him from finishing strong.
Conner is the best center in the conference.
Damion shut up that manhattan crowd with his slick jumpers.
And Johnson/Wangmene/Chapman did a damn good job on Beasley, i guarantee you that was the quietest 30 point game the kid has ever had in his life.

K-State Spur
02-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Kstate is a one man show

this team fucking flat out SUCCCKS, laughable that they are third in the conference, Beasley is just that bad ass i guess.

they're playing like crap right now, but they don't suck. too much deference to beasley right now.

the Cats also have 6 frosh in the regular rotation. that's not a good formula if those guys aren't the equivalent of the fab 5.

walker is one of the best 10 players in the conference still (probably 2nd team).

pullen is going to be a stud (he dominated KU's backcourt earlier this year).

Whisky Dog
02-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Walker got taken out of his game and started getting pissy which completely took him out of the game all together. The kid needs to learn to keep his composure when the other team is being physical with him, and Texas definitely has the guys to be physical.

Damion James had a pretty damn shitty game all things considered. He did some better things near the end that helped seal the win, but he continuously took horrible shots that clanged. Absolutely horrible, completely out of rhythm, and contested shots. For a while it looked like he thought the game was in college station.

If Texas' frontline can play like they have recently and the Augustine/Abrams/Mason line doesn't wither due to no reliable backups (JD Lewis?? WTF?) then Texas is going to be in every game they play no matter who it is. With their damn good record when having any lead at the 4:00 mark they are one of the better teams at closing out games. With that they have a legitimate shot in every single game they play and should be considered contenders.

K-State Spur
02-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Walker can be a bit of a turd.

If he realizes his immense talent, he could challenge Rasheed Wallace's technical record at the next level.

As he stands right now, he won't get the PT to come close.

Ballcox
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Not our best game, but I'll take a road win any way we can get it at this point in the season. And Beasley is a beast, he's going to be a very capable player in the NBA.

I really felt like this road game was our last big hurdle of the season, although you can never completely overlook playing at Tech this weekend. OSU is also playing some damn good ball right now. But, with Kansas at 3 conference loses, we can still lose one more conference game and win the tiebraker since we beat Kansas earlier in the season.

I thought we would be good this season, but I didn't think we had a team that would win a Big XII title (I hope). The development of our frontcourt has really been impressive and lead to us being a much more balanced team, also one that I think can make an extended run in the dance. :fro

degenerate_gambler
02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Not our best game, but I'll take a road win any way we can get it at this point in the season. And Beasley is a beast, he's going to be a very capable player in the NBA.

I really felt like this road game was our last big hurdle of the season, although you can never completely overlook playing at Tech this weekend. OSU is also playing some damn good ball right now. But, with Kansas at 3 conference loses, we can still lose one more conference game and win the tiebraker since we beat Kansas earlier in the season.

I thought we would be good this season, but I didn't think we had a team that would win a Big XII title (I hope). The development of our frontcourt has really been impressive and lead to us being a much more balanced team, also one that I think can make an extended run in the dance. :fro

Gary Johnson is one tough SOB...no telling how much pain he's playing through with his beak getting cracked constantly. Now that he's finally finding his comfort zone on the court, his toughness is infectious. The dude's motor runs very high and I think it's carrying over to his teammates.

Herschel Walker
02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Gary Johnson is one tough SOB...no telling how much pain he's playing through with his beak getting cracked constantly. Now that he's finally finding his comfort zone on the court, his toughness is infectious. The dude's motor runs very high and I think it's carrying over to his teammates.

Johnson reminds me of a younger Al Horford. They even look similar. Both tough as nails