PDA

View Full Version : 9

Creation88
02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
the # of rebounds Kurt Thomas grabbed tonight in 13 minutes.

the very reason the trade was made. :downspin:

RussN
02-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Hell yea!!! He looked very impressive!

ChuckD
02-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I swear they missed one. He had 8 coming back in, got one on D, then got a FT miss. WTF? Is this our stat crew or ATL's?

T Park
02-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Puhreety darn impressive.

Mr. Body
02-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Still got beat on the boards, early off offensive boards. But not because Kurt Thomas was playing.

He's gonna rebound at a high rate.

duncan228
02-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I thought he looked great. He had limited time with the team before tonight. It can't be easy to walk into new sets that fast.

He's just the tweak we needed for the push to the repeat.

BlackSwordsMan
02-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe PHX should have kept him.

Xylus
02-25-2008, 11:04 PM
No fucking shit.

T Park
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
:lmao

Poor xylus

I'm just glad he didn't off himself like he said he would if the Spurs got him :)

Radiosparks
02-25-2008, 11:07 PM

Poor xylus

I'm just glad he didn't off himself like he said he would if the Spurs got him :)

Hahahhaahaaaa... I love it! :elephant

BlackSwordsMan
02-25-2008, 11:09 PM

What do you mean? He said that?

T Park
02-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Nah xylus is one of the best posters on the board, I wouldn't wish anything bad on him.

Just the defeating of his team, thats all.

BlackSwordsMan
02-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Nah xylus is one of the best posters on the board, I wouldn't wish anything bad on him.

Just the defeating of his team, thats all.
Nvm I miss read I thought you meant to say Kurt would off himself if Spurs got him. My bad.

LakerMagic
02-26-2008, 12:28 AM

Nah, they figured they didn't need a presence at the 5 spot.....then they realized they needed a presence at the 5 spot. But a bad move none the less. They are not built to play defense.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Nah, they figured they didn't need a presence at the 5 spot.....then they realized they needed a presence at the 5 spot. But a bad move none the less. They are not built to play defense.
Their coach isn't built for defense or adjustments. They absolutely abandoned the good basketball when KT was in the game for lots of horses to jack up shots and not play D in last year's playoffs. Seems an odd time to admit the mistake. I guess they figure Shaq will be able to guard Bynum if they meet, but Gasol will foul Amare out if he shows any trace of toughness.

KT comes in here in his first game and puts up an Elson career night in 13 minutes. :toast

K-State Spur
02-26-2008, 12:58 AM
i know that - statistically speaking - this team has been the best defensive rebounding team in the league.

but i'm wasn't buying that it wouldn't hurt to shore up the boards come playoff time. especially if they get matched up with a team like the Jazz. i don't care what the numbers say going into the game, i still have nightmares of boozer & milsap dominating the glass for stretches last year (in the regular season at least).

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 01:00 AM
i know that - statistically speaking - this team has been the best defensive rebounding team in the league.

but i'm wasn't buying that it wouldn't hurt to shore up the boards come playoff time. especially if they get matched up with a team like the Jazz. i don't care what the numbers say going into the game, i still have nightmares of boozer & milsap dominating the glass for stretches last year (in the regular season at least).
They certainly seem to have the tools in place to be able to rebound with anyone now, which is a good feeling going into the home stretch.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Indeed. You think KT likes being here? I'm surprised not to have seen any public pronouncements from Kurt...

It's also the number of our returning PG, and he looked to be well on his way back too! :tu

T Park
02-26-2008, 01:12 AM

I'm with ya 100%

I didn't buy that BS about being the best rebounding team defensively in the league.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-26-2008, 01:15 AM
What do you mean? He said that?

Yup, he said he'd slit his wrists, poor guy.

I like you too Xylus, you are one of a select group of fans of opposition teams that I respect around here. Most of them are f#$%wits, but you have a sense of perspective. Glad you didn't off yourself. :)

Xylus
02-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Yup, he said he'd slit his wrists, poor guy.

I like you too Xylus, you are one of a select group of fans of opposition teams that I respect around here. Most of them are f#$%wits, but you have a sense of perspective. Glad you didn't off yourself. :)
Haha, I appreciate that guys. You can be sure that I wouldn't subject myself to the torture of posting in enemy territory if I didn't like the people who posted here. :toast

As for offing myself...I'm no proponent of suicide, but the combination of the Lakers getting Gasol for a used condom and a bag of Doritos, the Spurs getting Kurt Thomas for Brent Barry and loose change, losing the consummate Sun, Shawn Marion, and being raped in every orifice by the Pistons on Sunday, has me tying the noose as we speak.

Spurs Brazil
02-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Indeed. You think KT likes being here? I'm surprised not to have seen any public pronouncements from Kurt...

It's also the number of our returning PG, and he looked to be well on his way back too! :tu

He was with Shoening before and after the game and he sounded very happy with a chance to win a ring.

SAGambler
02-26-2008, 12:03 PM

I kind of get the feeling that Thomas is a lot like Duncan. Isn't a real verbal type guy. Rather let his court time do the talking for him. Glad he is on board for another run at a Spurs repeat.