PDA

View Full Version : SNL - I Drink Your Milkshake

monosylab1k
02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
bAWyVhVFGTE

Pretty funny parody of There Will Be Blood, No Country, & Juno.

midgetonadonkey
02-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Nothing SNL does is funny.

Absolutely nothing.

monosylab1k
02-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Nothing SNL does is funny.

Absolutely nothing.
I don't think you've seen Massive Head Wound Harry.

monosylab1k
02-26-2008, 12:23 AM
SNL usually does suck but Bill Hader is genius at impressions.

CuckingFunt
02-26-2008, 12:26 AM
To expand on Midge's comments, the SNL writers haven't put together a single funny complete sketch in the last ten years. At least.

Buddy Holly
02-26-2008, 12:28 AM
F--King lame.

See, had "I drink your milkshake" not been a line in the movie, then this might have been funny. However, getting an idea for a skit off that line is an example of how terrible the writers are at SNL.

Take for instance how they always reference pop culture that audience or the audience that they should be targeting doesn't watch. Rock of Love with the chick with one leg... pass.

Though I will admit the best man giving his speech was funny. "Half of marriages end in divorce the other half end in death. I hope you two die." Why do I think they just ripped that line off a movie or tv show or something.

monosylab1k
02-26-2008, 12:29 AM
you fellas must watch a whole lot of SNL to know how deeply unfunny it is.

monosylab1k
02-26-2008, 12:32 AM
See, had "I drink your milkshake" not been a line in the movie, then this might have been funny. However, getting an idea for a skit off that line is an example of how terrible the writers are at SNL.
The whole point was to make fun of one of the more over-the-top scenes ever put in a movie.

It's incredible that people are expecting orgasmic comic relief from this. I figured the "SNL" disclaimer was enough to allow people to temper their expectations.

Buddy Holly
02-26-2008, 02:09 AM
It may have been over the top but it was perfectly justified and the use of the term milkshake was based on something that was actually said in real life.

The sad part is that's what the entire skit is based around and it's still not funny. Neither is the Chigurh impression. Fred disappoints.

BTW, who's expecting orgasmic comic relief? Is it too much to ask for something funny, something comical on a SKETCH COMEDY SHOW?

Xylus
02-26-2008, 02:30 AM
The skit as a whole was decent, but Hader's vocal impression of Plainview is spot-fucking-on. I've tried to mimic Plainview and I've failed miserably.

SA Gunslinger
02-26-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't really watch SNL anymore but I loved Mr. Peepers when Kataan was there.

Damn, I can't find any clips on youtube.

ATRAIN
02-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Dick in a Box was pretty funny

Soul_Patch
02-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Dick in a box was fuckin brilliant...

monosylab1k
02-26-2008, 09:53 AM
BTW, who's expecting orgasmic comic relief? Is it too much to ask for something funny, something comical on a SKETCH COMEDY SHOW?
The skit was just an excuse for Hader to do his Plainview impression, and I thought it was great.

I'm not a fan of SNL either, but I just found it funny that people have such insight on SNL that they can definitively comment that they haven't done anything funny in over 10 years or whatever.

If you hate SNL so much, why would you have been continuously watching it for the past decade?

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2008, 11:23 AM
SNL is still on the air?

I usually can't get past the opening skit without reaching for the remote control.