PDA

View Full Version : Die on Your Feet Or Live On Your Knees..

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Cops Plant Drugs, Beat Suspect...

hixltpXMRL8

BradLohaus
02-26-2008, 01:49 PM
The same thing happened to a friend of mine in Tijuana, except instead of a dog there was a demanded bribe.

The stuff is getting really out of hand. It seems like there's a new video everyday.

boutons_
02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
And just imagine the 10s of 1000s of similar incidents that don't make it to video.

Sadists who become policeman are attracted to this kind of "official" crime, knowing full well there will 1000s of opportunities, and with only the tiniest fraction every being caught, and even fewer being prosecuted. The police will take care of their own, and, if it ever gets to court, the judges will support the (police) institution over the individual.

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Whoa. A post that didn't mention "dubya" or "darth cheney."

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 05:49 PM
As were being slowly being Gitmo-ed at home by our police, our intelligence community that supposed to be looking for real terra-ists in the real world will start mining popular online gaming communities for 'virtual terra'....no kidding...

U.S. Spies Want to Find Terrorists in World of Warcraft
By Ryan Singel EmailFebruary 22, 2008 | 2:15:43 PMCategories: Spooks Gone Wild

Virtual_osama_full Be careful who you frag. Having eliminated all terrorism in the real world, the U.S. intelligence community is working to develop software that will detect violent extremists infiltrating World of Warcraft and other massive multiplayer games, according to a data-mining report from the Director of National Intelligence.

The Reynard project will begin by profiling online gaming behavior, then potentially move on to its ultimate goal of "automatically detecting suspicious behavior and actions in the virtual world."

* The cultural and behavioral norms of virtual worlds and gaming are generally unstudied. Therefore, Reynard will seek to identify the emerging social, behavioral and cultural norms in virtual worlds and gaming environments. The project would then apply the lessons learned to determine the feasibility of automatically detecting suspicious behavior and actions in the virtual world.

* If it shows early promise, this small seedling effort may increase its scope to a full project.

Reynard will conduct unclassified research in a public virtual world environment. The research will use publicly available data and will begin with observational studies to establish baseline normative behaviors.

The publicly available report -- which was mandated by Congress following earlier concerns over data-mining programs -- also mentions several other data-mining initiatives. These include:

* Video Analysis and Content Extraction - software to automatically identify faces, events and objects in video

* Tangram - A system that wants to create surveillance and threat warning system that evaluates known threats and finds unknown threats to issue warnings ahead of an attack

* Knowledge Discovery and Dissemination - This tool is reminiscent of the supposedly-defunct Total Information Awareness program. It seeks to access disparate databases to find patterns of known bad behavior. The program plans to work with domestic law enforcement and Homeland Security.

The report gives no indication why the find-a-terrorist cell in Sims project is called Reynard, though that is a traditional trickster figure in literature.

Wired (http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/02/nations-spies-w.html)

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Nothing like entrapping a few 16-year olds to sell you drugs with the lure of sex....

FALMOUTH -- She was new in school, a demure blonde with a sob story.

With her mother dead and father chronically absent, the girl said, she needed to get high to kill the pain. For three months, students at Falmouth High bought her story and sold her the drugs she said she needed.

But yesterday, the real story emerged.

The girl who some students yesterday said they knew as Keane was in fact a fresh-faced cop whose three months at Falmouth High School culminated before the start of classes yesterday when nine teenage boys were led out of their homes in handcuffs on charges of selling her marijuana and ecstasy.

Police had decided on the strategy in response to some parents' complaints about rampant drug use at Falmouth High School. But the tactic enraged other parents, who said the teens had been lured in by a dishonest and manipulative police sting inappropriate for a public high school.

"My kid was impressed by this pretty undercover drug officer," said the mother of a 16-year-old Falmouth student arraigned yesterday in juvenile court.

"He has issues with low self-esteem, and this pretty girl gave him attention," said the mother. "He wanted to impress her by providing her with what she needed. The approach by the police was not justified. Drugs may be a problem at the school, but they have to change their approach."

The undercover officer had presented herself as a senior whose mother had recently died and whose father was in the Navy, according to students.

Link (http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v06/n435/a09.html)

ChumpDumper
02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
you've got to be a tard to sell drugs to a new studentKids don't know that stuff these days since 21 Jump Street went off the air.

02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Kids don't know that stuff these days since 21 Jump Street went off the air.

Win for CD, thread over.

word
02-28-2008, 12:02 PM
dumbass cops. I used to go to a bar that unbeknownst to me when I started going there was kind of a cop bar. Once I got to know them, the less I liked 'em. As much as I try to give 'em respect, it's just tough to do. So many of them are simply pieces of shit. IN MY OPINION.