PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe; Don't believe it..(Barry news)

naico
02-26-2008, 07:02 AM
...But if it were true..DAMN, he would seriously dissapoint a lot of fans..

Boston Globe this morning:

Quote:
Barry, who was traded by San Antonio to Seattle last week and subsequently released, clears waivers today, and it is believed he has decided on going to the Phoenix Suns.

Buddy Holly
02-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Cleared waivers today? lol

He cleared them a couple of days ago.

SouthernFried
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Suns need him...but it would be a better move for him to be here.

polandprzem
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
CIA Doc?

ChuckD
02-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Cleared waivers today? lol

He cleared them a couple of days ago.
He cleared waivers Monday, which was "today" as written in the article.

J.T.
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
You would think Barry would know better than to go to Phoenix if he wants to win the championship. . . But then again my "Barry gives the stolen Death Star plans to Phoenix" theory isn't out the window yet, if this is true.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-26-2008, 08:07 AM
He said he will announce where he's going on Tuesday, so not long to wait.

xtremesteven33
02-26-2008, 08:13 AM
No way Barry is not coming back. They say he wants to play for a championship caliber team. The Spurs are proven winners. No one else is. MAYBE Detroit. but man, theyve been letting thier fans down (Flip Saunders).

SOOOO......Barry will be in silver and black AGAYN....

TDMVPDPOY
02-26-2008, 08:24 AM
an announcement will be made soon about the clippers releasing sam cassell, expect a few teams vying for his services

stretch
02-26-2008, 09:21 AM
an announcement will be made soon about the clippers releasing sam cassell, expect a few teams vying for his services
is this legit?

TDMVPDPOY
02-26-2008, 09:25 AM
is this legit?

its on realgm news header, so must be real

stretch
02-26-2008, 09:28 AM
its on realgm news header, so must be real
yea i just saw it on yahoo sports as well.

Doctor J
02-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Where is the link?

naico
02-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Read the title dumbo

Here's ur link lazy ass:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/02/26/cassell_drawing_interest/

timvp
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't totally discount the Boston Globe. They had the Spurs picking Mahnmi in the 2005 NBA draft when nobody else knew who Mahinmi was.

AFBlue
02-26-2008, 12:45 PM
There's a conflicting story that is coming out of Arizona as of just a few minutes ago, saying that Barry was definitely not going to Phx....but it's a muddled story, so take it FWIW...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0226barrytuesday.html

Make no "Bones" about it. Brent Barry is not coming to Phoenix.

macdude06
02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
There's a conflicting story that is coming out of Arizona as of just a few minutes ago, saying that Barry was definitely not going to Phx....but it's a muddled story, so take it FWIW...

is tht article repeating or is work making me go crazy?? :wakeup

WildcardManu
02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
is tht article repeating or is work making me go crazy?? :wakeup

Just confusing, if you see at the bottom of the article one of the posters says it's coming from the "Twilight zone".

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
How's Brent's leg? If he still needs rest, that might be another reason to consider coming back to SA.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Read the title dumbo

Here's ur link lazy ass:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/02/26/cassell_drawing_interest/

You're always supposed to post a link to articles. Didn't you receive the Spurstalk rookie handbook in the mail?

Now go get me some Krispy Kremes.

Trainwreck2100
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM

That's a placeholder article

WalterBenitez
02-26-2008, 06:22 PM
...But if it were true..DAMN, he would seriously dissapoint a lot of fans..

Boston Globe this morning:

Quote:
Barry, who was traded by San Antonio to Seattle last week and subsequently released, clears waivers today, and it is believed he has decided on going to the Phoenix Suns.

I could accept Boston, but PHX, come on Brent you know were you belong to?

Tippecanoe
02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
ehh. the globe. i'll believe it when the boston herald is reporting it too.

oboymeetsogirl
02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
"It is believed" that Barry will go to the Suns. Talk about second, third hand info. Over in Phoenix, at least one of their daily newspapers could get a direct quote from GM Steve Kerr, who said he heard from Barry directly: he ain't moving to Arizona.

Who can blame Barry for dragging his decision out longer, despite reports that he's been wanting to put teams out of their misery by telling them by the end of today where he's ending up. My gut feeling is that Barry was leaning towards Houston, but Yao's injury certainly puts a damper on that. Boston was probably always just an outside chance because he'd have to uproot his entire family and plop them down in an entirely different environment. Personally, I love Boston as a city, but I can see how someone (and his kids and wife) who is comfortable in San Antonio might be reluctant to relocate to the East Coast.

It's all speculation of course. But Spurs fans, the longer this drags out, the percentage chance of Barry returning to the fold gets higher and higher. Here's to you, Brent... you have the choice, but I hope you fully realize how much most of the Spurs fans love your game, and love your personality. It would truly make our season if you decide to come back!

bigdog
02-26-2008, 11:36 PM
acutally, he cleared Tuesday. He was officially waived on Friday by Seattle, and 48 hours later, which is 2 business days (NBA business days do not include Saturday and Sunday), and he cleared waivers at 10 A.M. Tuesday, not Monday