PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with foreign customer service..India

Evan
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
I cannot tolerate it. If the problem you have is not clearly mapped out on a script it’s impossible to get your situation resolved. Especially if the person you reach can’t speak in something that resembles English. They are always nice on the phone but I don’t just want a cheery conversation, I want my issue solved.

This company I am having problems with seems to split their centers half in India and half in the states.

I will hang up and call back until I get someone in America….anyone else do this?

From what I understand some companies that tried centers in India are scaling back to American call centers due to customer complaints.

polandprzem
02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
You can chat with me.
I can lead a nice conversation.

But seriously:
what is the problemos?

Evan
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
But seriously:
what is the problemos?

The last time I deal with this company the conversation was so confusing for both sides I ended up getting a power cable in the mail when I was simply trying to add something to my plan. :lol

LakerMagic
02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
I HATE it.

polandprzem
02-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't solve your problem, I'm bit too far :(

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Normally I'm not one to check women out...well, at least I try to be discreet about it...but the other day there was this Indian woman walking into my building and she was wearing these thin khaki color knit pants, and from the back you could just make out the outline of some very sexy black underwear, and her very nice, shapely apple-bottom. She was extremely beautiful, and I caught myself staring, somewhat mezmerized, in spite of myself.

What were we talking about again?

1Parker1
02-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Normally I'm not one to check women out...well, at least I try to be discreet about it...but the other day there was this Indian woman walking into my building and she was wearing these thin khaki color knit pants, and from the back you could just make out the outline of some very sexy black underwear, and her very nice, shapely apple-bottom. She was extremely beautiful, and I caught myself staring, somewhat mezmerized, in spite of myself.

What were we talking about again?

:lmao

1Parker1
02-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I can see the language barrier may be a problem. But the you'd get the "mapped out script" from any call center even if it's from America...

Evan
02-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, I can see the language barrier may be a problem. But the you'd get the "mapped out script" from any call center even if it's from America...

I had two people who work for U-Verse tell me their product sucked (in a roundabout way of course). hahaha

1Parker1
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I had two people who work for U-Verse tell me their product sucked (in a roundabout way of course). hahaha

Well, I don't know waht kind of company U-Verse is, but I've never experienced a Customer Service rep telling me their company's product sucked. Most companies have a recorded system where they record customer service calls. I doubt most reps want to say their product sucks! :lol

Evan
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Well, I don't know waht kind of company U-Verse is, but I've never experienced a Customer Service rep telling me their company's product sucked. Most companies have a recorded system where they record customer service calls. I doubt most reps want to say their product sucks! :lol

U-Verse is the AT&T cable system. Sort of their answer to VIOS.

They got off to a rough start.

Mark in Austin
02-26-2008, 02:52 PM
It can be pretty rough. When they are giving you instructins on what to type, the letters B, P, D, E, G, C, T, V, Z all sound the same.

"pleese type cee dee slash bee"

ugh. no amount of manners or positivity can make up for not being able to effectivey communicate with a customer service rep.

MoSpur
02-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I call from a rep like that today in the morning. She was sweet and trying to do the best she could. I had to hang up because she called me at work. I have no idea how they got that number. I was mad, but polite. I don't like when I can't understand them. I am sure they can't understand me. Its very frustrating at times.

Shaolin-Style
02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
It drives me nuts. I called dell a couple of times when I had my pc under warranty and it was screwing up.

" Hisirthisisdellcustomersupportisthistherightphonen umberwhoamispeakingwith?"
"Yes I have a problem with.."
"Okisirwhatisthenatureoftheproblemwiththecomputer?"
"The hard drive has died I need a new one"
"Sircanyoureadathezrealnumberfromthebackofyourpc?"
Give him the serial
"Oksirnowwhatagainisthenatureofyourproblem"
"What?"
"yourcomputerwhatisitsproblemthatyouarecallingabout ?"
"...What?"
"yourproblemsir"

About theres when I got a new problem.

Many of them need to slow down their damn English, especially when its not clear to begin with.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Not only is the service a problem, but India does not have the information privacy laws that Australia/US/etc has which means your personal information is vulnerable.

I'm all for governments regulating call centres and requiring them to be based in-country due to information privacy concerns.

Evan
02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Not only is the service a problem, but India does not have the information privacy laws that Australia/US/etc has which means your personal information is vulnerable.

I'm all for governments regulating call centres and requiring them to be based in-country due to information privacy concerns.

Well said. It really stuns me this issue doesn't get more attention.

When I signed up for SIRIUS I hung up when activating my radio when they asked for my CC number to set up my account. I called back about 10 times until I got an American....

unless it was a Indian with an "ethnic urban youth" accent... :p:

iminlakerland
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM

Well i've had a Toyota Service Tech tell me that other than the Toyotas Engine the rest of the car is a peice of shit...

iminlakerland
02-26-2008, 06:41 PM
and i'd like to go on record and state TOSHIBA can go to hell and kiss my ass... :flipoff :makemyday screw their customer service. Never ever ever purchase a damn laptop from them if you ever ever want decent customer service.

My rant is done

Twisted_Dawg
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
My company is making us field reps buy new computers through Dell. The company is paying most of the bill. We can pay extra with our own money to add programs, increase memory, etc. The company is also paying for a 2 year service warranty.

But Dell is also offering this nice extra for $75: a guarantee that if you need service you will speak to someone in the USA and speak to them within 2 minutes.

Incredible that Dell wants to charge for basic good service.

DontHatethePlayer
02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
I was just reading an article in BusinessWeek that might be helpful to some of you fet up with the customer service you are receiving. Let me know if you are unable to access the site and I will copy over the article.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_09/b4073038437662.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_be st+of+bw

ashbeeigh
02-27-2008, 12:30 AM

The way I've had it explained to me is that all phone calls are recorded and.or monitored in some way through customer service or telemarketing manners, if done correctly (obviously). So they can pull up a phone call at anytime, if a phone call was particularly good, bad, we need to listen to it for some reason.

Tonto
02-27-2008, 07:58 AM
people from india give real indians a bad name

Twisted_Dawg
02-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I hope USAA EMPLOYEE does not read this thread.

He might throw some hot curry on the next American he talks with.

Evan
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
The way I've had it explained to me is that all phone calls are recorded and.or monitored in some way through customer service or telemarketing manners, if done correctly (obviously). So they can pull up a phone call at anytime, if a phone call was particularly good, bad, we need to listen to it for some reason.

I used to be a manager at a call center and we randomly recorded phone calls. Like 1 out of 100. Rarely went back to listen to them and they were almost all recorded over within 2 months.

Unless we specifically wanted to record someone.

AlamoSpursFan
02-27-2008, 09:51 AM
If you're dealing with (ahem) AMERICAN Express Customer Service (allegedly), the magic phrase is "I'm sorry, I can't understand you". You'll have to repeat it several times, But eventually "Fred" will forward your call to someone who sprechenzes Ingles.

Not that English is always all that helpful. Yesterday I had to call Sirius because they were trying to bill me again for a second tuner that I activated (and paid for) three months ago. The guy I got on the phone sounded like he stepped out of a Lil' Jon video...

:lol

I am Tom
02-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Maybe these corporations want you to have problems it keeps you from calling back to complain again in the future.

ashbeeigh
02-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I used to be a manager at a call center and we randomly recorded phone calls. Like 1 out of 100. Rarely went back to listen to them and they were almost all recorded over within 2 months.

Unless we specifically wanted to record someone.

We record every one. They're stingy about it, and it may be who we're working for too. We go through monitoring seasons with the company to make sure everything is all good.

xrayzebra
02-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey, I called IRS the other day and I swear this guy was either
in India or a recent immigrant. Really bad accent. I finally got
the information I wanted, but it was a chore. Such is life in the
good old USA anymore. By the way you all realize that we have
no official language in the United States, so I guess it would be
possible for some company to put whoever in whatever language
and tell you to lump it.

Evan
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
We record every one. They're stingy about it, and it may be who we're working for too. We go through monitoring seasons with the company to make sure everything is all good.

It all depends on how much a company is willing to spend on quality control and I would assume a country that is willing to contract its customer service to a foreign country doesn't care too much about quality control. :greedy :greedy :greedy :greedy

leemajors
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
It all depends on how much a company is willing to spend on quality control and I would assume a country that is willing to contract its customer service to a foreign country doesn't care too much about quality control. :greedy :greedy :greedy :greedy
any decent size call center can't record every call.

xrayzebra
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM

Hey RNR, come on over to the political thread. We need
someone to take the "warmers" side of things.

You still riding the old bicycle. You ought to hook up a
generator to that thing and you could generate your
own power. So long as you didn't pass any wind and
pollute the earth.

USA Employee
02-28-2008, 03:25 AM
Now you asshats in America know how we feel in India biding on eBay!

It took me two weeks to figure out Google was not an American Dance!

Bitch all you want I don't give a Curry smelling shit!

Ps:Tell Kumar to get a real JOB!

Fillmoe
02-28-2008, 04:08 AM
fuck you guys you're just mad cuz we'z takin all your jobs

Fillmoe
02-28-2008, 04:09 AM
people from india give real indians a bad name

learn your history you dumb fuck.... that cracker christopher columbus was looking for india when he accidentally discovered america and you spear hunters.... that is why yall are called indians...

Tenacious D
02-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Should I bite?

AlamoSpursFan
02-28-2008, 05:27 AM
learn your history you dumb fuck.... that cracker christopher columbus was looking for india when he accidentally discovered america and you spear hunters.... that is why yall are called indians...

Columbus didn't discover America. He discovered the Bahamas.

some_user86
03-02-2008, 06:14 AM

Fillmoe, you're Indian or Indian-American?

some_user86
03-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Columbus didn't discover America. He discovered the Bahamas.

WTF? I don't think you're that stupid. Bahamas are part of the North American continent. And if we want to get semantical about it, no, he didn't discover it. Leif Ericson discovered it. Wait, the Native Americans were here before that, so technically they discovered. Then again, we probably had some mammalian ancestor on America back when Pangea or Post-Pangeal entity existed, so these mammalian ancestors discovered.

The point is we're all only maximum 70,000 year apart (read: Toba supervolcano), out of a species that has existed for only 200,000 on a planet that has seen over millions of lifeforms go extinct (some surviving for millions of years) over its 4.3 billion year history. So STFU, cousins.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Hey RNR, come on over to the political thread. We need
someone to take the "warmers" side of things.

You still riding the old bicycle. You ought to hook up a
generator to that thing and you could generate your
own power. So long as you didn't pass any wind and
pollute the earth.

It's not about "sides" Ray, it's about scientific evidence which you refuse to recognise or understand, so really, what's the point?

Enjoy your retirement and leave me alone.