View Full Version : STRANGE AZCentral article on Brent Barry news

Jeremy
02-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Found this on Google News, but it's not linked to on AZCentral's website:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0226barrytuesday.html

Take it for whatever it may be worth...

timvp
02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Placeholder article. It'll be altered once Barry makes his decision.

easjer
02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Seems like a prewritten article so that they can enter the info and post.

That's why the title is Land/Miss Out - they haven't gotten a decision.

Once they do - clean up and it gets posted officially.

spursfan09
02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said the 36-year-old guard told him this morning that he has chosen ??? over Phoenix, San Antonio, Boston, Houston and Dallas.

???

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope we don't have to play ??? in the playoffs.

spursfan09
02-26-2008, 12:52 PM
I hope we don't have to play ??? in the playoffs.

:lol

polandprzem
???

Yeah quite strange statment considering that we knew it was all about those teams. :reading

spursfan09
No but seriously who has he chosen over all those teams? Lakas?

remingtonbo2001
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
:lmao

spurscenter
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
good find

perhaps we will know tonight when ??? plays ***
Then we can finally @#$%# know who has more $$$.

Dex
02-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Whoever wrote this article is really trying to bank on the fact that they know Brent Barry's nickname.

Radiosparks
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
good find

Yup, however, on Monroe's morning article he had this:

“As of 10 a.m. (Tuesday), there is no decision,” Barry said. “There have been so many changes over the past few days it’s very difficult. Just because I’ve cleared, I don’t have a timetable that today is the day I have to decide.”

If he had indeed made a decision, what's with the delay?

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Considering he has to wait 30 days to sign with the Spurs, he has a good reason to drag this out. Maybe someone will throw a crazy offer his way. Anyways, the longer he takes, the better it is for the Spurs as I don't see anyone breaking the bank for Barry, even if it is just to keep him from returning to the Spurs.

fyatuk
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Considering he has to wait 30 days to sign with the Spurs, he has a good reason to drag this out. Maybe someone will throw a crazy offer his way. Anyways, the longer he takes, the better it is for the Spurs as I don't see anyone breaking the bank for Barry, even if it is just to keep him from returning to the Spurs.

He also has no reason to hurry, since he can't play right now anyway (he's supposed to sit out for 2 more weeks with that calf). Most teams probably wouldn't want to put him on the payroll before that unless they are DESPARATE for him.

I know I wouldn't bother making that decision until near the end of those 2 weeks.

Shaolin-Style
02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
You know the guy if he is going to rejoin the spurs is getting a kick out of parading around all these teams and worrying some skeptical spurs fans.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-26-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a bad feeling he's going to the Suns

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 03:09 PM
You know the guy if he is going to rejoin the spurs is getting a kick out of parading around all these teams and worrying some skeptical spurs fans.

Exactly. Douchebag.

Findog
02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/2008/02/yet-another-rea.html

Yet Another Reason Why the Spurs GM Rules...
By Craig Kwasniewski

The Brent Barry situation

Forget all this talk of Brent Barry being wooed by the Shaq and the Suns. Forget this talk about Barry adding veteran depth to the Celtics. And forget all this talk about Barry finding his way to the red hot Houston Rockets.

It ain't happening!

Brent Barry is heading back to the Spurs! And it's exactly how the Spurs are handling this situation that makes them easily the brightest and most efficient front office in the NBA.

Take the Mavs and their Jason Kidd deal, no-deal, almost blunder and then FINALLY deal... which cost them extra cash in the long run (besides salvaging their future for an over-the-hill point guard). With Stackhouse's flippant remarks about a buyout the Kidd deal was almost over before another Devean George 0-11 night. By simply not informing Stack about the ramifications of his mouth, the Mavs were forced to re-work the Kidd deal, costing them several millions in the end.

And all that for a simple, "I get 30 days to rest then I'll be right back. I ain't going nowhere."

Well, the Spurs aren't making the same mistake and they've done a fine job preventing a Stack situation. Notice all the talk from Brent Barry? Yeah, me neither. Instead, I wouldn't put it past the Spurs to leak some rumors about Brent Barry's numerous offers, just to keep it honest. But in 30 days he's heading straight back to the Spurs. He lives in San Antonio, he won a title with them last year, he's familiar with the system, he's comfortable with the coaching staff and he knows his role: hit three's off the bench and wear a ring. It's very simple deal and it's not hard to figure out.

And much like the Kurt Thomas deal and the Damon Stoudemire signing, the Spurs keep it simple, get their needs and keep on winning.

DAMN!

Xylus
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I just heard that Barry is planning on going to the Heat.

Findog
02-26-2008, 03:39 PM
I've just been informed by my confidential sources that Barry is planning on signing with Maccabi Tel Aviv

Xylus
02-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I've just been informed by my confidential sources that Barry is planning on signing with Maccabi Tel Aviv
Don't miss out on Semi-Pro, in theatres this Friday! Starring... Will Ferrell, Andre Benjamin, Woody Harrelson, and Brent Barry!

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Barry is going to Athens to play with the Greek Steve Nash.