PDA

View Full Version : Mavs vs Spurs...note to you homers

Amarelooms
02-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I anticipate you homers gonna be all excited after likely beating the Mavs Thursday. I wouldn't get ya panties all wet over a win against a Mavs team just trying to incorporate Kidd and without a backup center yet :elephant

On another note: Magloire LOOMS :clap

Rynospursfan
02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow the excuses start befor the game even does.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
We will be very somber and reserved when the Spurs kick the living shit out of the Mavs.

Medvedenko
Yikes...but he's got a point. We jumped all over the Suns in Shaq's first game...the next they beat the C's....but then got destroyed by the Pistons. So who knows.

crc2120
lol Magloire can go suck a dick....he sucks jackass

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I am deathly afraid of pink elephant emoticons. Hopefully this is indeed a fake troll. It's a testament to the quality of the Mavs' fanbase that it is not clear.

DAINTX
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
It's a Suns fan, so why would anyone be surprised at excuses? It's their tradition. Hell, they even make excuses for other teams against the Spurs! :lol

Mavs08
02-26-2008, 05:52 PM

That's because Amarelooms is not a Maverick fan, go to MavTalk and see what team he roots for. Many of his topics have been deleted so good luck.

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
So he's trolling every Western Conference teams' fan message boards?

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I typically ignore Suns fans.

endrity
02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
pretty much

td4mvp21
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, why are you even making an excuse when the game hasn't even been played yet?

And yeah, a lot of us will jump all over the Mavs. Same fucking thing Mavs fans do every single fucking time they beat us. Nothing new here.

Budkin
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I know I'll be excited if we win. It's always fun to beat one of your main rivals!

Amare'sLoom
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
:elephant :elephant

Amarelooms
02-26-2008, 06:03 PM
pretty much

You are a moron...I'm a Mavs fan and know more about bball than you do :elephant

honestfool84
02-26-2008, 06:04 PM
:elephant :elephant

why does texas have to have such a crappy team as the mavs, and such a stupid owner as mark cuban?

what a disgrace to texas..

-David

Amarelooms
02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
why does texas have to have such a crappy team as the mavs, and such a stupid owner as mark cuban?

-David

LOL Cuban is one of the best owners in the league and he has more $$$ than your owner :elephant

nkdlunch
02-26-2008, 06:09 PM
I can see Spurs losing thursday. Won't mean shit come playoffs and Mavs bounced in the 1st round AGAIN!

Shank
02-26-2008, 06:09 PM

-David

Pure gold, David.

Nice acne.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2008, 06:17 PM
You are correct...I'm a Suns troll who abandoned his team when the Spurs beat them, as evidenced by the fact that I stupidly failed to change my user name :elephant

Rummpd
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Weak!

The more Kidd gets integrated the more a still healing Parker will abuse him. Stupid trade end of discussion.

leemajors
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I can see Spurs losing thursday. Won't mean shit come playoffs and Mavs bounced in the 1st round AGAIN!
I can see them losing on Thurs, but not tomorrow.

G-Nob
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Why are we so emotional? Its only Tuesday.

spursfan09
02-26-2008, 06:39 PM

Damn talk about having no life.

Anyway Sun fan or Mav fan whatever fan you are, don't tell Spur fans how we should act after winning a big game.

spursfan09
02-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Pure gold, David.

Nice acne.

:lol

honestfool84
02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
LOL Cuban is one of the best owners in the league and he has more $$$ than your owner :elephant

i don't think money matters..
holt has more rings than cuban..

that doesn't change the fact cuban can be a big jackass.

ouch.

-David

jmard5
02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
I anticipate you homers gonna be all excited after likely beating the Mavs Thursday. I wouldn't get ya panties all wet over a win against a Mavs team just trying to incorporate Kidd and without a backup center yet :elephant

I anticipate you Mav homers gonna be all pissed after likely beating the Mavs Thursday. Ya panties all wet over a lose against a Spurs team just trying to incorporate Parker and with a backup center :elephant

On another note: Thomas LOOMS :clap

SAtown
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Didn't the Spurs beat Dallas without Duncan a couple months ago?

honestfool84
02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Didn't the Spurs beat Dallas without Duncan a couple months ago?

no.
manu beat dallas without duncan a couple of months ago.
:spin

-David

DubMcDub
02-26-2008, 08:29 PM

Kind of reminiscent of the last regular season game where Spurs fans were already lining up with the "Duncan is injured" excuses before the game.

Funny thing is, Spurs ended up winning. Makes you look like even more of an idiot when you are using a pre-excuse for a game you end up winning.

clambake
02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
we just need a big to stomp on timmy and give him a Yao foot.

is horry busy?

Dave McNulla
02-26-2008, 08:32 PM

On another note: Magloire LOOMS :clapspurs will win.

kidd could play for the mavs for 10 seasons and never be able to shoot the jumpers that the spurs will give him.

you know that in your heart.

Dave McNulla
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
we just need a big to stomp on timmy and give him a Yao foot.

is horry busy?what happened to mavs resident thug, jason terry? is he injured?

Findog
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Pure gold, David.

Nice acne.

Don't forget the faggy emo bangs.

Findog
02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
spurs will win.

kidd could play for the mavs for 10 seasons and never be able to shoot the jumpers that the spurs will give him.

That's fine, with Dirk, Stack and Terry out on the floor, one of them will be open if you choose to employ a double team.

Findog
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
no.
manu beat dallas without duncan a couple of months ago.
:spin

-David

Neutrogena soap will take care of that oily skin, my man.

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
That's fine, with Dirk, Stack and Terry out on the floor, one of them will be open if you choose to employ a double team.

So who is Duncan going to foul out now? Who is going to cut off Parker's penetration? Good luck defending TD straight up or TP for that matter.

Findog
02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
i don't think money matters..
holt has more rings than cuban..

that doesn't change the fact cuban can be a big jackass.

ouch.

-David

Business in the front and Party in the back.

ouch.

- Findog

Mister Sinister
02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Neutrogena soap will take care of that oily skin, my man.
Wh...Why does he sign his posts?

Findog
02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
So who is Duncan going to foul out now? Who is going to cut off Parker's penetration? Good luck defending TD straight up or TP for that matter.

You're right, Devin Harris and DeSagana Diop were our two best players, and posed more matchup problems than Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard and Jason Terry.

Duncan abused Damp and Diop two years ago to the tune of 32 and 15. If you want to play 3 on 5 on offense with both Bowen and Udoka out on the floor to counter Dirk and Josh, go ahead. As if Bowen can guard Dirk anyway. If I were Pop, I'd see what Udoka can do on #41 and put Bowen on Josh. Bruce gets under his skin.

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
You're right, Devin Harris and DeSagana Diop were our two best players, and posed more matchup problems than Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard and Jason Terry.

Defense is the topic. Try again.

DubMcDub
02-26-2008, 08:56 PM

It's funny how good our players suddenly become once they're traded. :lol

Some Spurs fans will look for anything to try and convinced themselves that the Mavs don't have their number head-to-head anymore.

Findog
Wh...Why does he sign his posts?

Because he's 15 years old?

Holt's Cat
Who has TP's number now?

Mister Sinister
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Because he's 15 years old?
No, that's BS. I didn't sign my posts at 15. Hell, I didn't sign my posts at *13*.

Mister Sinister
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Who has TP's number now?
I'd say TP does, since it's his jersey and all.

Findog
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Defense is the topic. Try again.

Tim Duncan put up 32 and 15 in the playoffs with Bill Russell (Diop) guarding him part of the time, do you really think Duncan being "shut down" is why you lost?

And I wonder where this idea comes from that Devin Harris "owns" Tony Parker. Parker averaged 18.8 points and 3.4 assists against the Mavs in the 13 games since the beginning of the rivals' last playoff series. Harris averaged 11.5 points and 3.2 assists in those games. We won Game 7 despite Parker eating Harris alive. (Game 7 stats: Parker -- 24 points, 5 assists, 1 turnover; Harris -- 2 points, 0 assists, 5 turnovers).

Why don't you ask Baron Davis and Dwyane Wade if they think Devin Harris can stop them. Truth be told, I'm much more worried about Manu than Tony Longoria. Go ahead and let Tony drive the lane all night if it keeps the ball out of Manu's hands.

Findog
02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
No, that's BS. I didn't sign my posts at 15. Hell, I didn't sign my posts at *13*.

Attention-seeking behavior is my guess.

Mister Sinister
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Attention-seeking behavior is my guess.
Sounds about right to me. I mean, I've seen people do it on 4chan's /b/, but they have a forced anonymous policy there....and I swear to Unicron, those faggy emo bangs piss me off.

Findog
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
It's funny how good our players suddenly become once they're traded. :lol

Some Spurs fans will look for anything to try and convinced themselves that the Mavs don't have their number head-to-head anymore.

Diop is a useful player, but he's being built into some mythical beast that slayed the mighty Spurs all by himself. He's living off that Game 7 overtime when he came off the bench with fresh legs and Duncan had played the entire game.

Findog
02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Sounds about right to me. I mean, I've seen people do it on 4chan's /b/, but they have a forced anonymous policy there....and I swear to Unicron, those faggy emo bangs piss me off.

I'm pretty average, slightly-above average looking, height/weight proportionate, but I'm not about to post my pictures here for people to pick it apart.

Mister Sinister
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty average, slightly-above average looking, height/weight proportionate, but I'm not about to post my pictures here for people to pick it apart.
Neither am I. I'm comfortable with the fact that I'm severely lacking in the looks department, but I'm not about to invite a bunch of shit I don't want.

duncan228
02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Diop is a useful player, but he's being built into some mythical beast that slayed the mighty Spurs all by himself. He's living off that Game 7 overtime when he came off the bench with fresh legs and Duncan had played the entire game.

Thanks Findog.

Duncan took 2 bags of fluids after that performance.
He left it all on the court.

I've always thought that if Diop hadn't been fresh or if Duncan had a little left in the tank that OT would have turned out different.

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 09:05 PM
18.8 points and 3.4 assists

Harris slowed Parker down and limited his ability to drive and create for his teammates in the halfcourt. That was rather significant when it comes to beating the Spurs. Who do the Mavs have who can stay in front of Parker now?

At least Diop could give the Mavs minutes on TD straight up. Who now is going to guard Duncan straight up?

It's like you guys don't understand the role the Mavs' defense played in their defeat of the Spurs in the '06 series. It was more than just the Mavs' ability to create mismatches on the other end of the court.

Findog
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks Findog.

Duncan took 2 bags of fluids after that performance.
He left it all on the court.

I've always thought that if Diop hadn't been fresh or if Duncan had a little left in the tank that OT would have turned out different.

Wow, never knew that. I do know that was one of the greatest performances I'd ever seen and Duncan almost beat us by himself. I'd honestly rather have Diop defending Duncan than Magloire, but we have to beat four teams, not just the Spurs.

Dampier is the guy that banged on Duncan all night and helped wear him down. We still have him.

duncan228
02-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow, never knew that. I do know that was one of the greatest performances I'd ever seen and Duncan almost beat us by himself. I'd honestly rather have Diop defending Duncan than Magloire, but we have to beat four teams, not just the Spurs.

Dampier is the guy that banged on Duncan all night and helped wear him down. We still have him.

Duncan wanted that series. If one man could win it alone it would have been his. It was an amazing performance. Duncan still says that it was one of the best series he's ever played in.

Wearing Duncan down is a key for any team.
The more bigs you have to throw at him the better. He's brilliant at drawing the fouls, you've got to have enough fouls to give.

Dampier did the dirty work in that game, Diop got the glory.

Amarelooms
02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
spurs will win.

HAHAHAHA good one homer...just pray you can avoid the Mavs again in the playoffs this year :elephant

Findog
02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=Holt's Cat]Harris slowed Parker down and limited his ability to drive and create for his teammates in the halfcourt. That was rather significant when it comes to beating the Spurs. Who do the Mavs have who can stay in front of Parker now?

Nobody, really. But they also have a PG now who can help trigger a fastbreak and get his teammates easier looks in the halfcourt. Did you see our halfcourt offense against Miami and Golden State? Once again, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE SPURS. We have to beat four teams, not just you guys. It's a trade-off and a risk.

At least Diop could give the Mavs minutes on TD straight up. Who now is going to guard Duncan straight up?

The Mavs never exclusively played him straight up even when they had Diop. They sometimes sent the double, sometimes they didn't. Dampier and Diop never had to play him by themselves the entire time on the court. Damp and his 35 minutes per game in the playoffs are still here. We have to replace Diop and his 15 minutes per game. When you double, it's a matter of rotating back and making sure the Spurs don't swing it to the open guy at the arc. The Mavs did a good job of that in that series.

It's like you guys don't understand the role the Mavs' defense played in their defeat of the Spurs in the '06 series. It was more than just the Mavs' ability to create mismatches on the other end of the court

I understand it just fine. And you're talking about replacing Diop with Magloire for 10-15 mpg. BFD. Sometimes I think you Spurs fans forget that series was a little more decisive than an overtime in Game 7. If Terry keeps his hands off Findog's junk, that series in all likelihood ends in Dallas in Game 6. You were lucky to get a Game 7.

Parker will have an easier time against Kidd than he did Harris, but that's a risk the Mavs have to take. I repeat, we didn't make this move on behalf of your team. The basketball universe doesn't revolve solely around the Spurs. What good is it to be a "Spurs killer" if you can't advance far enough into the playoffs to face them? Kidd plays good team defense, has a much higher basketball IQ and does a better job of creating turnovers by playing the passing lanes. A jump-shooting team that revolves around iso play isn't going to get it done in the playoffs. We're by no means the favorites, but Kidd and Magloire in exchange for Harris and Diop gives us a fighting chance. I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

Holt's Cat
02-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Nobody, really. But they also have a PG now who can help trigger a fastbreak and get his teammates easier looks in the halfcourt. Did you see our halfcourt offense against Miami and Golden State? Once again, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE SPURS. We have to beat four teams, not just you guys. It's a trade-off and a risk.

Right but this discussion is about how the Spurs and Mavs match up right now.

The Mavs never exclusively played him straight up even when they had Diop. They sometimes sent the double, sometimes they didn't. Dampier and Diop never had to play him by themselves the entire time on the court. Damp and his 35 minutes per game in the playoffs are still here. We have to replace Diop and his 15 minutes per game. When you double, it's a matter of rotating back and making sure the Spurs don't swing it to the open guy at the arc. The Mavs did a good job of that in that series.

You'll have to double more and there will be more open looks and seams to drive.

I understand it just fine. And you're talking about replacing Diop with Magloire for 10-15 mpg. BFD. Sometimes I think you Spurs fans forget that series was a little more decisive than an overtime in Game 7. If Terry keeps his hands off Findog's junk, that series in all likelihood ends in Dallas in Game 6. You were lucky to get a Game 7.

Parker will have an easier time against Kidd than he did Harris, but that's a risk the Mavs have to take. I repeat, we didn't make this move on behalf of your team. The basketball universe doesn't revolve solely around the Spurs. What good is it to be a "Spurs killer" if you can't advance far enough into the playoffs to face them? Kidd plays good team defense, has a much higher basketball IQ and does a better job of creating turnovers by playing the passing lanes. A jump-shooting team that revolves around iso play isn't going to get it done in the playoffs. We're by no means the favorites, but Kidd and Magloire in exchange for Harris and Diop gives us a fighting chance. I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

I'm sorry you don't understand what is being discussed in this thread.

Findog
02-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Right but this discussion is about how the Spurs and Mavs match up right now.

This "discussion" is a trolling attempt by a suns fan.

I'm sorry you don't understand what is being discussed in this thread

I don't understand amarelooms is trying to rile people up? We're not allowed to discuss peripheral topics as an adjunct to the "discussion"? Pardon me for violating spurstalk decorum. We have more fish to fry than the spurs. There's also LA, Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, and if we're fortunate, Boston and Detroit.

Don't be such a condescending cockbag, it's not merited.

Allanon
02-26-2008, 10:20 PM
This Mavs team right now plays hot or cold. I think either the Mavs get blown out or they win it.

Don't sleep on Howard, I think he's gonna be a handful (even though he's been sucking lately)

honestfool84
02-26-2008, 10:58 PM
... but we have to beat four teams, not just the Spurs.

i know the season isn't over yet, but with the way teams are playing right now, there is a chance the spurs will catch the number one seed, and dallas get the four seed, and in that case, they only need to beat one team (hopefully you don't get golden state - but don't worry - that'll likely not happen, as GS will be scrappin' for number 8, and the mavs would need to jump up to the one seed), and then they would play the spurs.

HAHAHAHA good one homer...just pray you can avoid the Mavs again in the playoffs this year :elephant

nah amarelooms, i think its y'all that need to worry about the spurs - if it were up to me, we'd play the suns, lakers, and mavs just to win again.

right now, without a biased opinion in the least bit, i think the spurs are the favorites to come out of the wild, wild, west.

but that's just my http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3491/22424580mi9.jpg

-David

SpurOutofTownFan
02-26-2008, 11:01 PM

Dude! I can't believe you are making excuses before the game is even played!

I don't want to see you here in case the Mavs win on Thu. It wouldn't make too much sense.

You are an authentic loser... think about it for a minute. Read your message again.

m33p0
02-27-2008, 05:14 AM
mavfan making preemptive excuse....

NOTE NOTED, HOMEY.

hsxvvd
02-27-2008, 05:46 AM

Somethings money can't buy.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/8b3570b6-19f7-42b7-bd28-739c5aba9b94_ms.jpeg

m33p0
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Somethings money can't buy.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/8b3570b6-19f7-42b7-bd28-739c5aba9b94_ms.jpeg

http://www.executivesportsline.com/images/topper-heat.jpg
this one you can. you have to buy the right ingredients though.

703 Spurz
02-27-2008, 01:04 PM

This surprises you?

robbie380
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
mavs suck. i hope the spurs beat the crap out them. i will enjoy watching parker stroll by old man kidd. duncan will face rape dampier.

G-Nob
02-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Whoa, whoa. Adam Morrison has emo bangs and so did Bones before he shaved his dome. Don't wail on the kid for tryin to look the part. It used to be trucker hats and A&Fitch shirts. Now its mod hair.