PDA

View Full Version : Predict the MVP

Supergirl
02-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Who do you think it will be?

SAtown
02-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Whoever it is, I hope they don't have to receive it during a press conference.

bigdog
02-26-2008, 11:23 PM
As much as I think all the players on that list are playing amazing ball this year, I would pick someone else, which is Paul Pierce.
Sure, Garnett is playing great, but Pierce is the best player on that team, which is the best team record-wise this year, so I would pick Pierce. Obviously the addition of Garnett and Allen has helped them tremendously, and they are the reason the C's are doing as well as they are, but Pierce has played better overall ball consistently this year, and hasn't been injured.

MavDynasty
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Dirk Nowtzki(He rapes) or Jason Kidd(He helps Dirk rape).

dirk4mvp
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Chris Paul

I don't think Nash or Williams really deserve to be on that list.

kingsfan
02-26-2008, 11:30 PM
I'd love to see CP3 get it but he won't. It'll probably be lehype

Allanon
02-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Kobe, whether or not he deserves it, will win this year. CP3 and Lebron have had a stellar year.

spursRgay
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Lbj

BonnerDynasty
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Media dogs on Kobe all off-season.

Lakers do well...Media flocks to kiss Kobe's ass.

Kobe will win MVP.

Amarelooms
02-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Dirk

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Who on God's green earth voted for Tim Duncan?

MVP doesn't stand for GOAT.

That being said, Kobe will win the MVP (Regular Season).

KidCongo
02-27-2008, 12:33 AM
So many votes for LeBron on a team that is currently 4th in east (i think). HE won't win MVP until Cavs have a top 3 record in league even though the cavs would be at Miami level without him.

I voted KG but they could change to CP3 or Kobe.

manustarting2gd
02-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Kobe will get his first MVP. He finally can say why not? I have a good team and a good record. That was his knock, no reason not to anymore. And trust me I dont like Kobe, but i respect his skills and the Lakers are doing spectacular right now as we all know. We'll see at the end of the season, but at this point.. Kobe will win.

LakerMagic
02-27-2008, 12:49 AM
http://alltalksports.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/kb24.jpg

Thunder Dan
02-27-2008, 09:21 AM
probably Kevin Garnett because the media has this giant man crush on him. They talk like he is by far the front runner for MVP, forgetting that there are 2 other All Stars on his team. It's basically the most ridiculous thing ever. How can a guy be a MVP is he is arguable not even the best player on his team most nights. I think it should either be Kobe, Lebron, or Chris Paul. But if KG gets it it is complete BS

Supergirl
02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't think you could argue any player has meant MORE to his team than KG. Pierce is great - but before KG the Celtics were a mediocre team AT BEST. I think the award is his to lose.

Kobayagi
02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Cp3

SAGambler
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
probably Kevin Garnett because the media has this giant man crush on him. They talk like he is by far the front runner for MVP, forgetting that there are 2 other All Stars on his team. It's basically the most ridiculous thing ever. How can a guy be a MVP is he is arguable not even the best player on his team most nights. I think it should either be Kobe, Lebron, or Chris Paul. But if KG gets it it is complete BS

That's why I voted KG. The media, and most especially the eastern media, has been sucking his jock all year long. Even when he is injured, they still talk about how he helps the team from the sidelines.

I think the MVP was reserved for him the second he became a Celtic.

Now if they really pull there heads away from KG for a minute, probably Chris Paul deserves it. He is the guy that makes that team go. Without him, they would be just another lottery team, waiting for regular season to end. Of course, the same could be said of LBJ and the Cavs.

Isn't MVP supposed to be THE guy that is most important in his teams run?

Kobe....Has Bynum, Odom, Gasol and Fischer...

TD.......Has Tony, Manu, and Bruce....And now even Thomas

I don't see how a team with a solid Big 3 or Big 4, can expect anyone on that team to be MVP.

baseline bum
02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
LeBron deserves it, but Bryant will most likely get it. Not that bad I guess, since he got screwed in '06 when he was by far the best player in the league.

Hemotivo
02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
CP3

or Scola

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 02:05 PM
If the Lakers hold onto the #1 spot in the WC Kobe Bryant will get it. He was denied it in '05 so he's due anyways.

Spurminator
02-27-2008, 02:15 PM
The only thing that hurts LeBron's case right now is that his team would be the 10th seed if they were in the West. For all the times we've talked about what MVP means, it almost always goes to the best player on one of the best teams in the NBA. I think it's Kobe's to lose right now.

N4th4n
02-27-2008, 02:29 PM
If the Lakers hold onto the #1 spot in the WC Kobe Bryant will get it. He was denied it in '05 so he's due anyways.

06?

duncan228
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree with the Kobe votes.
If the Lakers keep it up it is his to lose.

monosylab1k
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
06?
no, 05.

Shaq deserved it in 04 and Kobe deserved it in 05.

stretch
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
no, 05.

Kobe should have gotten it in 05. but Nash deserved it in 04. Shaq was only in the discussion because the media had a crush on him at the time, the way they do for KG this year.

sribb43
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Kb24

Supergirl
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm really surprised KG has so few votes...

We go through this debate every year, but the MVP, in my mind, is the player who has been most valuable to his team and who has played the majority of the season. Yao's injury rules him out, b/c he's the MVP on the Rockets, or he WAS.

The only two I think you can argue have truly transformed their teams - mentally and physically - are KG and Chris Paul. And I think Chris Paul is too young - give him another season at this level before we award it to him. And I think New Orleans will fall to the middle of the WC in standings, which will hurt him.

Lakafan23
02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Whoever it is, I hope they don't have to receive it during a press conference.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

:lol :lol :lol :lol :toast :toast :toast :toast :clap :clap :clap

Lakafan23
02-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Kobe should have gotten it in 05. but Nash deserved it in 04. Shaq was only in the discussion because the media had a crush on him at the time, the way they do for KG this year.

when you say 05 do you mean the 04-05 season or the 05-06 season?

Allanon
02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm really surprised KG has so few votes...

We go through this debate every year, but the MVP, in my mind, is the player who has been most valuable to his team and who has played the majority of the season. Yao's injury rules him out, b/c he's the MVP on the Rockets, or he WAS.

The only two I think you can argue have truly transformed their teams - mentally and physically - are KG and Chris Paul. And I think Chris Paul is too young - give him another season at this level before we award it to him. And I think New Orleans will fall to the middle of the WC in standings, which will hurt him.

I think KG could have been in the running if he didn't get injured.

Since KG got injured, there's really only 3 MVP candidates: LeBron, CP3, and Kobe. CP3 is too young so really it's LeBron and Kobe. LeBron will need a #1 or #2 seed to win it...which is obviously unlikely.

stretch
02-27-2008, 05:32 PM
when you say 05 do you mean the 04-05 season or the 05-06 season?
05-06. The year he averaged around 35 ppg.

TheNextGen
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
def kobe...they usually give it to the best player with a good record...if Lebron gets it...then Kobe got fcked 2 yrs ago.

baseline bum
02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
no, 05.

You're a year off. There's no way Shaq had a better year than Garnett in 04. Shaq had a monster year in his first season in Miami in '05, but Nash deserved his MVP. The one Shaq got screwed on was '01 when the media anointed Iverson MVP after about the first month of the season. Kobe didn't even make the playoffs in '05.

In '06 he killed the rest of the league, scoring 35ppg with the 81-point game vs Toronto and the 62 points in three quarters against Dallas. It's a travesty that he didn't win the MVP that season, when he had the best season a player has had since maybe Shaq's 2000 campaign.

baseline bum
02-27-2008, 06:06 PM
And I think Chris Paul is too young - give him another season at this level before we award it to him.

That same thinking awarded Karl Malone the MVP in a year where Duncan was clearly the superior player in almost every possible way.

MajicMan
02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I would have to say Kobe. He's changed his image around and the Lakers are playing great ball. This is not fan boi talk. Sometimes MVP is based on more than just the single year. We all know that. Kobe has played well enough throughout his whole career to get the nod over some of the other guys. I think next in line would be CP3. Kid is ballin. KG has changed the whole mentality in Boston but as far as actually playing basketball I would say no. Pierce and Ray Ray have a lot to do with that also. All three are playing great as a unit but none "MVP" worthy. I don't know if that makes sense. The media is hard up for KG and it's rather annoying. This is the same KG that punches teammates in the face for losing at playing cards and teammates who dunk on him in practice right? KG just has a better public image than Kobe. Lebron is in the mix also but like he said if Kobe's never got it why should he? He will get his. This is similar to the Oscar voting system where it's just whacked out.

Supergirl
02-28-2008, 08:14 AM
I think KG could have been in the running if he didn't get injured.

Since KG got injured, there's really only 3 MVP candidates: LeBron, CP3, and Kobe. CP3 is too young so really it's LeBron and Kobe. LeBron will need a #1 or #2 seed to win it...which is obviously unlikely.

KG didn't miss THAT much time, and now he's back. Moreover, team reports and media writers spent the whole time he was out talking about how valuable he was to the team even when he wasn't playing. I think he'll get it.

Allanon
02-28-2008, 02:29 PM
There's an article/voting poll today at CNNSI by Marty Burns which actually names KG, Lebron and Kobe as the top candidates.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/marty_burns/02/28/mvp.watch/index.html?eref=T1

According to Burns:
1) Kobe
2) Bron Bron
3) KG
4) CP3
5) DHo