PDA

View Full Version : Guard Duty

desflood
02-26-2008, 11:45 PM
So, around dusk some guy comes to my door. Probably around 20 years old, clean-shaven, presents himself well. Asks me if I want to subscribe to the Sunday paper. Right away something doesn't feel right. He never introduced himself by name and isn't carrying any sort of paperwork - no sign-up form, nothing. 20 seconds into his schtick he looks over my head into my front room and says, "Hey, how's that projector working out for ya? I've been thinking about getting one. How much did that cost?"

Now, the whole thing could be totally innocent. He might really be trying to sell me the paper. But... here I am, sleepless :lol . It's a terrible thing, to not be able to trust anybody.

RashoFan
02-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Buy a shotgun...they hear that sound of a round being chambered, they will shit themselves while running the other way...

Twisted_Dawg
02-27-2008, 08:06 AM
With all the psychos and criminals out there....who opens their door for a total stranger anymore? You might as well handed him you bank account, credit cards, PIN's. Once that door was open, it would have taken him only a second to knock you down and enter your house.

desflood
02-27-2008, 08:34 AM
That's why I invested in a home security system and a very large husband :ihit

to21
02-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Honestly, don't open the door anymore. Let your husband do it.

ATRAIN
02-27-2008, 08:45 AM
This reminds me of the Brinks Home Security commercial where the thief breaks down the door and the guy runs to the bedroom and closes the door...........what a pansy!!

ATRAIN
02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
This reminds me of the Brinks Home Security commercial where the thief breaks down the door and the guy runs to the bedroom and closes the door...........what a pansy!!

wow how weird, that commercial just came on. hahahah that commercial cracks me up.

mrsmaalox
02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
I've always had a glass security door at every house I've owned. I just can't stand the thought of opening the door and being face to face with whoever. Having that barrier helps; I talk to them thru the door. Last summer a house down the street was burglarized and when the cops were looking for witnesses, he told me that the storm door is an excellent deterrent because it takes an extra few seconds to get into and intruders don't want the hassle. He also complimented my main deterrent---my doberman!!

ORION
02-27-2008, 10:27 AM
you should have said " Did you say hows my pepper spray working?" spray him in the face and then say " Works fine, thanks for asking"

Heath Ledger
02-27-2008, 10:32 AM
What kind of projector do you have? Ive got the Sanyo Z4 with 110" screen, it rocks.

MoSpur
02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I have a glass security door installed too.

DannyT
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
have mouse post guard outside your house fort bragg style... he doesnt have shit else going on....

desflood
02-27-2008, 11:48 AM
What kind of projector do you have? Ive got the Sanyo Z4 with 110" screen, it rocks.
We've got an Optoma DLP with an 80 inch screen. Nice stuff to have for special occasions. Half the neighborhood comes over on fight nights.

Finally went to sleep about 1 a.m. Maybe later I'll be able to park the little in front of the tv and catch a short catnap :sleep

Soul_Patch
02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
We had some guy knock on our door the other night around 10:30. I had just got done brushing my teeth getting ready for bed, and the dog went nuts...i glanced through the living room down the hall way at the front door, and there was a hispanic guy, fairly clean cut, standing at our door...he left after 1 knock...

Kind of left us feeling uneasy, as what the hell is someone coming to our door that late for, but i just dont answer...hell i rarely answer the door any time, just because of all the door to door sales people always in our neighborhood.

I know how you feel though, its tough to sleep afterward, its a shame something as simple as someone knocknig on your door can leave you that uneasy.

Dex
02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
We've got an Optoma DLP with an 80 inch screen. Nice stuff to have for special occasions. Half the neighborhood comes over on fight nights.

Finally went to sleep about 1 a.m. Maybe later I'll be able to park the little in front of the tv and catch a short catnap :sleep

Sounds like a nice projector. Can I get your address and your general work schedule?

Any security codes or large pet's names would be helpful as well. :dramaquee

CrazyOne
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
My daughter's pit bull has come in handy several times... it's easy to persuade the salesmen you don't have time to talk while you're trying to restrain the beast.

atxrocker
02-27-2008, 03:08 PM
invest in a dog. rottweilers tend to be very loyal guard dogs.

mrsmaalox
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
My daughter's pit bull has come in handy several times... it's easy to persuade the salesmen you don't have time to talk while you're trying to restrain the beast.

My doberman has the same effect; but it's a good thing the unwelcome visitor is not aware that he's just trying to break away to give them a kiss!

Shelly
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I never answer the door if I don't know who it is and have trained my kids not to either. Plus, my dog, who is a 30 pound ball of fluff, sounds like she's ready to kill whoever dares to knock or ring our doorbell. I have tandem windows with sheers in them and she has destroyed those curtains tenfold.

For awhile, I had a regular UPS driver that delivered weekly. Because of the way she responded when he came to the door, the driver was pretty much in ding, dong, ditch mode :lol

stretch
02-27-2008, 03:32 PM
you need to watch Home Alone, and see how that culkin kid set up his house for those two fucking dumbass burglars.

2Blonde
02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
My doberman has the same effect; but it's a good thing the unwelcome visitor is not aware that he's just trying to break away to give them a kiss!
Ha Ha... Your doberman sounds just like my Germen Shepherd. But at least they give an imposing impression.

Carl
02-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Any of you broads need a knight in shinning armour Carl is your man. I am very handy with my sword if you know what I mean ...