PDA

View Full Version : Obama receives another important Endorsement

LakerMagic
02-27-2008, 12:45 AM
:lol

Oden tosses support behind Obama

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Injured Trail Blazers center Greg Oden writes on his blog that he's going to vote for Barack Obama, saying he had spoken recently to the Democratic presidential hopeful.

The two didn't talk politics, Oden wrote. Instead they discussed the Trail Blazers and Oden's hair. The 7-footer has a new Mohawk haircut.

Oden, who is out for the season after microfracture surgery on his knee, said after the brief phone conversation he looked at Obama's Web site. He wrote: "There are things he is doing that I really support like his plan with education, civil rights, and health care."

Oden was the No. 1 pick in last June's NBA draft out of Ohio State, where he played one season.

Oden's endorsement comes before the March 4 primaries in Ohio and Texas.

"Senator Obama is a real person. Sometimes people forget that people in the public eye are real people also. I know I did with him at first," Oden wrote. "We are all citizens of this great country and I know I'm putting in my one vote. I know it's just one small vote, but it's big to me."

This is the first presidential election that Oden, 20, will be able to vote in.

Oden's first season with the Blazers ended before it started when he hurt his right knee and required surgery.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/02/26/bc.bkn.oden.obama.ap/index.html

Xylus
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I was unsure of who to vote for, but I think this endorsement has convinced me to vote for Barack Obama.