PDA

View Full Version : Spurs hardest remaining schedule, Rockets will make the Playoffs

Allanon
02-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Just had a quick look through the schedule, there's some brutality coming up, it looks like alot of teams are only going to remain alive by beating another playoff team.

Rockets actually have a pretty easy remaining schedule and can very well make the Playoffs.

# of games left that will be played against a Playoff team....approximately 25 total games left to be played.

1) Spurs - 18
2) Hornets - 18
3) Suns - 17
4) Nuggets - 17
5) Jazz - 16
6) Mavs - 15
7) Warriors - 14
8) Rockets - 13
9) Lakers - 11

Since it only takes a few losses to drop like a rock...my prediction of how it all shakes out based primarily upon remaining schedule

1) Lakers
2) Mavs
3) Jazz
4) Warriors
5) Spurs
6) Rockets
7) Suns
8) Hornets

Nuggets miss the Playoffs.

SpursFan0728
02-27-2008, 05:21 AM
i heard from somewhere that the Suns have the toughest schedule remaining...

Allanon
02-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Suns are right up there along with Spurs and Hornets. Spurs have more road games.

timvp
02-27-2008, 05:23 AM
So the Rockets go from the seventh seed with Yao Ming to the sixth seed without him?

:drunk

hsxvvd
02-27-2008, 05:41 AM
There's a big difference between West Coast Playoff teams v. East Coast Playoff teams.

Only games of concern for Spurs.

Utah twice, Phoenix twice, Dallas twice, Boston & @ New Orleans, @ Detroit

That's 9 tough games.

Houston without Ming have 25 tough games on their hands.

Phoenix, Dallas & Utah... well they have got to play us twice also.

The reality of it is, the best team always has an easy schedule because every team should be a win.

WalterBenitez
02-27-2008, 06:19 AM
I'd love to finish among top 3 as usual; don't like going behind 4th...

Would pretty challenging (not to confess I am scared) facing Warriors, you know how those guy play against us.

NO going 8th would bea surprise I think they could climb (just an opinion), Rockets ... with no Yao are screwed.

Phoenix Shaqs would be a great opponent, specially when they don't run anymore :D

21_Blessings
02-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets would be the ideal 1st round matchup for the Lakers. Would love to see a the conference championship banner back where it belongs.

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Since it only takes a few losses to drop like a rock...my prediction of how it all shakes out based primarily upon remaining schedule

1) Lakers
2) Mavs
3) Jazz
4) Warriors
5) Spurs
6) Rockets
7) Suns
8) Hornets

You're kidding right? That's the best you could come up with?

Try Again!

1Parker1
02-27-2008, 07:56 AM
:lol So that would mean Warriors vs. Spurs first round? Unlike Dallas, I think that may be the easiest first round draw :)

JPB
02-27-2008, 07:58 AM
4. warriors ???
7. suns ???

Spurs are gonna have their usual strong finish. They won't finish 5. either.

Lakers are on winning streak. Every team eventually has one during the season.

you usually don't judge a team which is on a winning streak (see NO)

I'll wait a couple more weeks to say where the Lakers are gonna finish.

Manudona
02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Phoenix Shaqs would be a great opponent, specially when they don't run anymore :D

The Spurs should play run and gun a la Suns pre-Shaq, like in 2005, but this time they would not even be able to keep the pace with Shaq stuck in the middle spinning trying to figure out where the ball is going :)

td4mvp21
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah, we have a bitch of a schedule in March...check out this strech:
Fri 07 @ Denver
Sun 09 @ Phoenix
Mon 10 vs Denver
Wed 12 @ New Orleans
Fri 14 @ Detroit

:wow

Warlord23
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't fear Denver or NO that much ... I actually think this schedule is best for the Spurs to peak right around playoff time.

As far as Allanon's original premise, I really don't think lumping the likes of NJ and Philly with Dallas and Phoenix to come up with "games against playoff teams" is of any relevance whatsoever. Teams like Sacto and Portland are tougher than these cupcakes.

Warriors getting a higher seeding than the Spurs? LMAO of the day. Whatever helps Laker fans sleep at night.

Findog
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
A better standard is teams over .500 and ratio of home to road games. By that measure, the Suns, Hornets and Nuggets have the toughest remaining schedule, while the Lakers arguably have the easiest.

Xylus
02-27-2008, 12:16 PM
The Suns did have the toughest schedule, but they just got done playing Golden State, Dallas, LA Lakers, Boston, and finally Detroit in 5 consecutive games. Glad that stretch is over...

Findog
02-27-2008, 12:16 PM
i heard from somewhere that the Suns have the toughest schedule remaining...

This is 5 days old, but you get the generally idea:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87808

Holt's Cat
02-27-2008, 12:27 PM
There's a big difference between West Coast Playoff teams v. East Coast Playoff teams.

Only games of concern for Spurs.

Utah twice, Phoenix twice, Dallas twice, Boston & @ New Orleans, @ Detroit

That's 9 tough games.

Houston without Ming have 25 tough games on their hands.

Phoenix, Dallas & Utah... well they have got to play us twice also.

The reality of it is, the best team always has an easy schedule because every team should be a win.

I see 12 games left against WC playoff teams and that includes 1 against the Yao-less Rockets.

There are 3 games left against what I would consider legit EC playoff teams (Boston, Orlando, and Detroit).

Holt's Cat
02-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Also, the 4 games after Thursday night's tilt with the Mavs should see the Spurs do well:

@Milwaukee
@New Jersey
New Jersey
Indiana

Of course, I could see them dropping a couple of those right now. Hopefully the Spurs can roll through those and build a little momentum heading into the next 5 game stretch of

@Denver
@Phoenix
Denver
@New Orleans
@Detroit

DazedAndConfused
02-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow I love to make predictions but even I am going to back off on this one. Other than the Lakers sitting atop the WC, the other 7 spots are completely up in the air. No way to predict what will happen considering NOH, PHX, and SAS all have pretty hard schedules the rest of the way.

honestfool84
02-27-2008, 12:32 PM
dude - what the hell are you smoking?

sticking the warriors ahead of the spurs?

maybe you haven't looked at the standings as of right now, but the spurs are in second place, and the warriors are scraping just to make it into the playoffs.

jack ass.
-David

tmtcsc
02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Written like a true Laker fan. Rockets are out. Spurs will battle for 1st seed. The tough remaining schedule will prep us for a great playoff run. I can see Phoenix dropping to bottom 3 seeds. Golden State will obviously benefit from the Rockets demise.

703 Spurz
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Who gives a fuck really? The champions always come out on top. Bring it on

G-Nob
02-27-2008, 01:48 PM

maybe you haven't looked at the standings as of right now, but the spurs are in second place, and the warriors are scraping just to make it into the playoffs.

jack ass.
-David

Does your sig imply Stoudamire is a "kobe stopper"?

Allanon
02-27-2008, 04:20 PM

jack ass.
-David

I see David has his panties in a bundle again :spin

The teams are 5 games or so apart...it only takes a few to drop...easy games and games at home will make a big difference. This is primarily based upon remaining schedule. Suns have a killer schedule left. Spurs have not played well on the road. Lakers have a whole lot of Sacramento (4 games), Portland (3) and Clippers (2) on their schedule left.

Rockets still have a pretty solid team despite Yao and their schedule coming up is pretty weak...they did most of the heavy lifting with Yao already.

Hornets have been dropping games lately and a tough schedule ahead.
Warriors playing well right now.
Nuggets losing and then losing some more.
Dallas is starting to get it together.

I lumped Playoff teams together because even the East teams are fighting for playoff spots and will fight harder than a good team like Portland that would rather lose some games now to get a better lottery pick.

Of course, it's just one man's opinion.

Please rank them how you see it ending up, I'd like to know.

WildcardManu
02-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Wow I love to make predictions but even I am going to back off on this one. Other than the Lakers sitting atop the WC, the other 7 spots are completely up in the air. No way to predict what will happen considering NOH, PHX, and SAS all have pretty hard schedules the rest of the way.

Aren't we the confident one that the Lakers will stay at number one. Don't forget, this is the West, everyone is trying to fight for playoff spot no matter who they take down.

dirk4mvp
02-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Does your sig imply Stoudamire is a "kobe stopper"?

All 3 of those claims are stupid. That guy's a fucking moron.

Princess Pimp
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Just had a quick look through the schedule, there's some brutality coming up, it looks like alot of teams are only going to remain alive by beating another playoff team.

Rockets actually have a pretty easy remaining schedule and can very well make the Playoffs.

# of games left that will be played against a Playoff team....approximately 25 total games left to be played.

1) Spurs - 18
2) Hornets - 18
3) Suns - 17
4) Nuggets - 17
5) Jazz - 16
6) Mavs - 15
7) Warriors - 14
8) Rockets - 13
9) Lakers - 11

1) Lakers
2) Mavs
3) Jazz
4) Warriors
5) Spurs
6) Rockets
7) Suns
8) Hornets

Nuggets miss the Playoffs.

Wow Spurs 5th seed without home court advantage??

Another first round exit is very probable

Princess Pimp
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
:lol So that would mean Warriors vs. Spurs first round? Unlike Dallas, I think that may be the easiest first round draw :)

Currently :

Warriors 2
Spurs 0, Zip, Nada!

Princess Pimp
02-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we have a bitch of a schedule in March...check out this strech:
Fri 07 @ Denver
Sun 09 @ Phoenix
Mon 10 vs Denver
Wed 12 @ New Orleans
Fri 14 @ Detroit

:wow

Ouch!!!

G-Nob
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
All 3 of those claims are stupid. That guy's a fucking moron.

forget it - meet stoudamire