PDA

View Full Version : More and more, it's looking like this was probably...

Yonivore
01-08-2005, 01:13 PM
...the only reason the U.N. had for opposing the liberation of Iraq and the overthrow of the Ba'athist regime of Saddam Hussein:

CRUDE AWAKENING FOR U.N. SLICKSTERS (http://nypost.com/news/worldnews/38017.htm)

Investigators from the House International Relations Committee said several current and former officials in Iraq's Oil, Health and Transportation ministries have told them that U.N. staffers assigned to the "661 Committee" — the U.N. Security Council group that oversaw sanctions and approved oil-for-food contracts — regularly took bribes and kickbacks from suppliers of aid to Iraq during the program.

And, of course we know, France and Russia were selling Saddam arms and military supplies. Germany, although we may eventually find the connection, may just be a prick of a country.

History will not view these entities kindly, I am certain.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I think they also wanted to make a European and World power play.

There aren't very many countries that do things for noble reasons, and Russian and France aren't leading that pack by any stretch of the imagination.

This in no way means I justify going to war in Iraq.

Yonivore
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
This in no way means I justify going to war in Iraq.
Perish the thought! No one would ever accuse you of actually seeing the forest in the trees...

MannyIsGod
01-09-2005, 05:00 PM
:)