how can you have a great game with 8 turnovers
no matter who you are?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2005, 05:05 PM
San Antonio 99, Denver 90
Preview - Box Score - Recap

By T.A. BADGER, Associated Press Writer
January 8, 2005

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Bruce Bowen held Carmelo Anthony in check and made three 3-pointers in the fourth quarter to help the San Antonio Spurs beat the Denver Nuggets 99-90 Saturday.

Anthony, who entered the game averaging a team-leading 21.7 points, was limited to eight points on 4-for-15 shooting. He sat out most of the third quarter with foul trouble while the Nuggets rallied to pull within 72-68.

A putback dunk by Tim Duncan started a 12-6 run by the Spurs that returned their lead to double digits. Bowen's final 3-pointer gave San Antonio its biggest lead at 95-82 with 2:42 remaining.

Manu Ginobili scored 22 points for San Antonio, while Tony Parker had 20 and Duncan 19. Bowen made all five of his shots in the second half and finished with 17 points, and Rasho Nesterovic grabbed 11 rebounds.

The loss was Denver's ninth in the past 10 games, while the Spurs have won 12 of their last 14.

Denver, down 10 at halftime, battled back after Anthony sat down early in the third quarter with his fourth foul.

Earl Boykins scored six straight points for the Nuggets, and Marcus Camby made a pair of free throws in the final minute of the period to cut San Antonio's lead to 70-68.

Kenyon Martin scored a season-high 26 points for the Nuggets, and Andre Miller had 16. Camby, back after missing two games with a back strain, had 10 points and 15 rebounds.

The Nuggets trailed by one when Parker made a short runner that started a 16-6 run to give San Antonio a 22-11 lead late in the first quarter. The Spurs made seven straight shots during the burst, three each by Parker and Duncan.

But the Spurs missed six of their first eight attempts in the second, and Denver pulled within 32-28 on a layup by Miller with 6:44 left.

After San Antonio called timeout, Ginobili hit a 3-pointer and, when Nene fouled him behind the arc, he made all three free throws. He finished with 11 points in the period, and the Spurs built their lead to as many as 12 points before the break.

Anthony went 2-for-7 for four points in the half and he committed three fouls.

Yahoo! must suck. They didn't even mention the word turnover in this article, either.

"Haterade...it's green like jealousy!"

ducks
01-08-2005, 05:20 PM
this has nothing to do with this thread :wtf

yahoo! must suck. They didn't even mention the word turnover in this article, either.

yahoo also did not say melo had a great game
they said he was held in check

yahoo saiid james had a great game

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Where does it say James had a great game?

Cleveland 104, New York 79
Preview - Box Score - Recap

January 8, 2005

CLEVELAND (AP) -- No matter what era, the Cleveland Cavaliers seldom looked better.

LeBron James hit his first eight shots and scored 22 points to power the Cavaliers, wearing their mid-1970s uniforms, past the New York Knicks 104-79 Saturday for their third straight victory.

``We wanted to protect our house and make sure people know when they come to Cleveland now they are playing a basketball team,'' James said.

James, in his fifth game wearing a clear mask to protect a broken left cheekbone, played only 32 minutes and shot 10-for-14 from the field -- including two resounding slams early in the second quarter.

Lucious Harris scored a season-high 16 points as Cleveland had five players in double figures and improved to 13-3 at home, 20-12 overall.

Tim Thomas scored 17 points for New York, which dropped under .500 (16-17) with its fourth consecutive loss.

``We didn't play very well at all,'' Knicks coach Lenny Wilkens said. ``They ran a clinic on us.''

Cleveland built a 67-36 halftime lead and coasted to its largest victory over the Knicks. The previous mark of 24 points was set in 1976, when the Cavaliers wore the same striped gold home uniforms they donned in this ``throwback game'' before a national television audience.

``We played like we were in a pickup game with no cameras on,'' Knicks forward Jerome Williams said. ``You've got to go out there and play with pride and I don't think we did that.''

James, as usual, made Cleveland fans proud. His first tomahawk jam brought the sellout crowd of 20,562 at Gund Arena to its feet at 11:08 of the second quarter.

It paled next to his effort 88 seconds later -- when the 20-year-old drove around the left side of the Knicks' defense, underneath the basket, and rammed home a reverse windmill slam.

``I saw the lane open and went for it,'' James said. ``There's not too many guys who can stay with me when I get in the air.''

James scored 15 points before taking a rest 7:32 before halftime with Cleveland ahead by 11 and in the midst of a 9-0 run. New York went scoreless for 4:03 until Moochie Norris hit two free throws to bring the Knicks within 44-28.

With all five of its starters on the bench, however, Cleveland extended its lead to 67-36 -- thanks to 74 percent shooting in the first half.

``I don't want to get used to sitting, but that was fun to watch,'' James said. ``Give our second rotation credit. They did a great job.''

James said he enjoyed the retro uniforms and joked that he might add another touch soon in honor of rookie teammate Anderson Varejao.

``I'm going to wear a wig,'' he said in reference to the Brazilian's wild hairstyle. ``The fans love him. We all love him. He's got so much energy. I thought I had the most, but he surpasses me.''

Varejao had nine points and 10 rebounds in 21 minutes off the bench.

``He's just relentless,'' Cavs coach Paul Silas said of his other, less-famous 20-year-old forward. ``Most players don't think they can get every rebound. He does.''

James atoned for one of his poorest outings of the season, which came Nov. 21 when he scored only 13 points on 5-for-15 shooting in a 98-88 loss at New York.

The Knicks never led and have been in front for only 9:53 of a possible 192 minutes during their losing streak.

In none of those clips about James does it say he played great.

Did he not make the Cleveland crowd happy? Does it not say " (he) brought the sellout crowd of 20,562 at Gund Arena to its feet..."?

Does it say he had "two resounding slams"? Yes, because that's how you write a good sports story. You make note of something good that happened and go back to it later on in the piece.

It's called the "pyramid". You give the most important information first and then branch it out. That way, if your story needs to be cut later on, the reader can still find out the pertinent information.

God, Ducks, they even help you out in the story. At the end, they said he "atoned for one of his worst outings of the season..." Did he not atone for a bad performance against the Knicks. I think he did.

Now, let's look at the Spurs recap.

It says in it that 'Melo "blamed his performance on the lingering effects of a sprained left ankle...". Guess what, HE DID BLAME IT ON A BAD ANKLE. How do I know that when I wasn't in the locker room with a recorder. He said it. To a reporter. Quite possibly to the reporter that wrote the story.

``I could have been more aggressive in this one, but I'm scared to make a hard move on this ankle,'' he said. ``This injury cuts in half what I truly can do.''

What a concept. Referencing what an interview subject says and then backing it up with their quote, therefore enhancing what the subject said and giving it more credibility because you have their own words to back up the summarization of what the reporter wrote.

Now, let's look at somebody the article did reference as having a subpar performance.

Manu Ginobili scored 22 points for San Antonio, Tony Parker had 20 and Tim Duncan 19. Rasho Nesterovic missed all six of his shots, but he grabbed 11 rebounds.

Do you see it in there, Ducks? Or is a coherent sentence too hard for you to understand?

Rasho missed all six of his shots. Damn.

Now, 'Melo and Rasho both had four turnovers, but it wasn't mentioned in the story. Damn, I guess Yahoo! and the Associated Press are both trying to shove 'Melo and the Slovenian Sensation down our throats.

Well, here's a double dose of the good stuff for you, Quacker.

http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

ducks
01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
iin the headline to the article to the actually link he had a great game

so tonight he has another 8 turnovers yeah

and they beat the bobcats by 2 in overtime yeah