PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Barry...

genomefreak13
02-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Brent,

I understand this must be a tough time for you. The San Antonio Spurs traded you to Seattle to retool in their quest for a repeat and fifth NBA title. It's gotta hurt. Not only did they feel they could get there without you, now they are dangling money to come back as if nothing happened. A couple girls used me the same way but that's a painful story for another day.

Don't look back Brent. There's a great story in the Bible about Sodom and Gomorra. The lone instruction given to Lot's family was don't look back. His woman took a long gander and turned to salt. The Spurs' championship chances will soon be destroyed like fire raining down from the heavens. Why not rain down a few threes and snuff out your old team in Phoenix? Don't let your game dry up and turn to salt on their bench.

Brent, Phoenix is about rebirth. Veteran players strive in our system and in our community. Our medical staff has helped Grant Hill turn his career around. His bionic ankle is no longer a burden. Shaquille O'Neal is already showing signs and he's hungry for a fifth ring. We know you still have some flash left in your game. Dude, you won the Slam Dunk title. I know you would love to get back out on the wing and take a dish from Nash for a dunk. It's in you Brent, let the monkey out.

You're an open court player Brent. You're a Pac-10 guy. You have a chance to be part of something special in Phoenix- our first championship. Your championship experience combined with Shaq's four rings will energize this team and your skills will fit right in. The Spurs don't value you. They were willing to trade you two years ago for JR Smith. Dude... JR Smith can't even get off the bench in Denver.

It's time Brent. Call up Steve Kerr and sign on the dotted line. Your future is in Phoenix. A third ring is your destiny.

Sincerely,
Hersey
The Rising Suns

End of letter

http://phoenixsunsrising.blogspot.com/2008/02/open-letter-to-brent-barry.html

I found this letter for barry in one of the Suns sites, This fellow is seriously discrediting our dear spurs for phoenix personal gain. Damn you suns fans!

xtremesteven33
02-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Man they sound desperate....I though SHAQ was the missing piece......

sa_butta
02-28-2008, 08:09 AM
If a third ring is his destiny, he will not find destiny in Phoenix.

ThomasGranger
02-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Dear Rising Suns,

You are pathetic.

Sincerely,

Everybody

smeagol
02-28-2008, 08:18 AM
When all is said and done, Brent will be celebrating on a boat . . .

RADECK
02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Sincerely,
Hersey
The Rising Suns

:oink :oink

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Barry needs to turn Kerr and the Suns down now, so they can go back to resenting Spurs 1-15 and their grandmothers can resume flipping him the bird.

Since he's played it up as if he were making an actual decision since Monday, there's no need for him to be coy about it anymore.

sa_butta
02-28-2008, 08:32 AM
This almost as amusing as Terrell Pryor committing to a college team.

beirmeistr
02-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Postcard to Barry

Barry,
We Spurs fans know that you know that the NBA is a business and that you are a fan favorite in San Antonio. We want you back. Your teammates want you back. HEB wants you back. How about it, one more ring?

tmtcsc
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Houston has a better chance of making the finals than Phoenix.

IceColdBrewski
02-28-2008, 08:58 AM
They won't let you be the Mango Tree in Phoenix Brent. You'd have to settle for being the cactus. Or if you're lucky, maybe a tumbleweed.

Slydragon
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Dear Mr. Barry,

Make up your damn mind already so the threads on you can die, I know it used to be full of trade Barry threads and now it's Let us suck your pp to become a legend in SA threads.

I don't see why everyone is hoping he comes back because first mistake he makes all the, He should have gone to PHX threads start. If he goes to PHX it will be turned around and, he should have stayed in SA talk. It's a no win for him when he has a off game.

nkdlunch
02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
what a bunch of losers. sweating barry like he's the next coming of Jordan.

nkdlunch
02-28-2008, 09:31 AM
This is my letter to Barry:

Bones,
Sign with us or watch us get the championship on TV.

BonnerDynasty
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Suns are too old and slow.

Indazone
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
He's gonna go to the Suns. Rick said Brent would compliment D'Antoni's offensive system by opening up the floor, which would take pressure off newly acquired center Shaquille O'Neal.

"He and Barbosa, coming off the bench, would be awesome," Berry said.

remingtonbo2001
02-28-2008, 11:48 AM
one more ring?

Don't you mean two?

mavsfan1000
02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Go to Dallas Barry. You will love the great passes Kidd will feed you.

2centsworth
02-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Brent has Zero chance of a championship in Phoenix. He has a 10% chance of winning it in Dallas, a 60% chance of winning in San Antonio and a 30% chance of winning in Detroit.

now if he goes to phoenix, that would mean he is the worse of what we thought of him.

Fabbs
02-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Brent,

Please do not remember the bomb threats we made to the hotel the Spurs stayed at last year.

Classy as always,
Suns Fan.

GrandeDavid
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Dear Hersey,

My trade to Seattle and subsequent release by said organization was all part of a grander plan. Soon I will be gunning for my third ring and will be thankful for having Kurt Thomas inside to bruise guys up.

Sincerely,

B. Barry

ElNono
02-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Dear Brent,

Where else is your son going to celebrate like this:

http://z.about.com/d/sanantonio/1/7/_/D/-/-/celebration14.jpg

We'll see you soon,
Spurs fans

Martin R
02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
When all is said and done, Brent will be celebrating on a boat . . .

...in the middle of the Carribbean sea, as part of his holidays.

WalterBenitez
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Postcard to Barry

Barry,
We Spurs fans know that you know that the NBA is a business and that you are a fan favorite in San Antonio. We want you back. Your teammates want you back. HEB wants you back. How about it, one more ring?

Dear Brent,

Another ring without you in the celebration party? no way man :nope

we need you :)

WalterBenitez
02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Brent,

If you asked us to shave POP's head, I'll personally send my cousins to do that?
I promess to never call you slower than the coyote.
I promess not to post in Official Scola's thread anymore.
I promess not to call little french to Tony.
Anything else you need?

David Oliver
02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Erin, Erin, Erin!!!! The wifey can make it happen!