PDA

View Full Version : Buyout 4 Gordon Giricek: Suns pursuing / Spurs related

tmtcsc
02-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Looks like Suns are preparing for the chance that Barry will turn them down...again.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/41516

Gordan Giricek could be on the verge of becoming a former 76er. According to a source familiar with the situation, the Sixers are planning to accommodate the Croatian swing man's request to be bought out of the remainder of his contract. As long as Giricek is waived before midnight Saturday, he will be playoff-eligible if he signs with another team. The source indicated that, as of now, his likely destination is Phoenix, although that hinges on a decision coming from veteran Brent Barry.

tmtcsc
02-28-2008, 09:13 AM
On another note, is there a more irrelevant player in the league other than Giricek?

stevenger
02-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Gordan Giricek can be a good fit for Brent Barry's position. Gordan Giricek is always a good shooter.

Texas_Ranger
02-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Fuck Giricek!!!

thispego
02-28-2008, 11:30 AM
give me barry or give me death

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Gg?

T Park
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Gordan Giricek can be a good fit for Brent Barry's position. Gordan Giricek is always a good shooter.

uhhhhh not really....

nfg3
02-28-2008, 12:22 PM
If we lose out on Barry what other options are available? If not Barry do we really need to add another perimeter player to the roster like GG? And I remember when we had the rights to both him and Manu. I didn't know at the time who was better but luckily for me and Spurs fans Pop & the FO did.

Pickins are slim (no pun intended) since the trade deadline has passed and the only way to get a player is if they are waived, bought out or come out of retirement - I'm not even considering Euro dudes since I believe that is a far more complicated situtation than the first three but maybe not because I don't know all the particulars involved.

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
There's a reason why Giricek was let go from the Jazz and gets no playing time in Philly. He SUCKS

Allanon
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
He doesn't really suck but he's not that good.

But the worst thing about Giricek is his attitude...he has some illusions of being a superstar that deserves PT, don't even consider benching him when he's "on". He didn't get along with the coach in Orlando, he didn't get along with Jerry Sloan and now he's asking for a buyout from Philly.

Ocotillo
02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Maybe Barry is jobbing Phoenix by delaying his decision long enough to make it tough on Phoenix to pick up player by the deadline.

manufor3
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
gg SUCKS