PDA

View Full Version : Game Blog :: Spurs vs. Mavs :: Feb. 28

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

spurschick
02-28-2008, 09:59 AM
IMO, for a game like this, only Spurs fans get to start game blogs.

:flag:

carina_gino20
02-28-2008, 10:13 AM
:lol you go girl! :flag:

phyzik
02-28-2008, 10:20 AM
:tu

stretch
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Mavs - 101

Spurs - 94

Mister Sinister
02-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Spurs - More than the Mavs
Mavs - Less than the Spurs

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Mavs - 101

Spurs - 94

on bizarro world

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Anybody going to this game tonight better be farking loud, damnit.

stretch
02-28-2008, 10:27 AM
on bizarro world
good one

:sleep

xtremesteven33
02-28-2008, 10:29 AM
im going tonight......and i will be farking loud.....

marv albert: "YES!"

monosylab1k
02-28-2008, 10:29 AM
What's the NBA record for points scored in a game? I'm not sure.

Either way, the Spurs break that tonight. Without Harris & Diop to shut down their entire team like they have done for 3 years, I'm not sure how the Spurs miss a shot.

duncan228
02-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I hope it's a good one.
I don't want to see the sloppy beginning that the Spurs are known for after a few days off.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure how the Spurs miss a shot.

They're the Spurs and this is a much-hyped regular season game.

Pop's not happy unless there are five "Fire Pop," three "Trade Tony," and one "Where the fuck is Presti" threads after the game.

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Really I'm not feeling the hype this year.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
They're the Spurs and this is a much-hyped regular season game.

Pop's not happy unless there are five "Fire Pop," three "Trade Tony," and one "Where the fuck is Presti" threads after the game.
What is it about the Spurs and their aversion to even numbers?

I guess that means no repeat.:depressed

T Park
02-28-2008, 10:38 AM
God mavs fans love to act so asshurt all the time.

Spurs Fan in PCB
02-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope it's a good one too! We really need to come out strong and show that we are the CHAMPIONS!!

And just to clarify I'm not a bandwagon fan - just new to the forum. I lived in SA for many years and moved in 2005 to Florida (for work). I have the NBA League Pass cause I can't stand to miss a game! How I miss going to the games. But just bought tickets for the 3/12 game in N.O.!!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

phyzik
02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
What's the NBA record for points scored in a game? I'm not sure.

Either way, the Spurs break that tonight. Without Harris & Diop to shut down their entire team like they have done for 3 years, I'm not sure how the Spurs miss a shot.

Spurs will probably only score 5 points in the first quarter again just to be good sports... cause you know, its now kinda like a Corvette (Spurs) racing a KIA Sportage (Mavericks.) Gotta give the little 4 banger some car lengths!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
What is it about the Spurs and their aversion to even numbers?

I guess that means no repeat.:depressed

Yeah, but the positive energy of the even year and the even number of days in this year will both serve as positive attractions, thereby repelling each other and leading to a championship.

smeagol
02-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Spurs win . . .!

Why?

Because I say so . . .

stretch
02-28-2008, 10:59 AM
God mavs fans love to act so asshurt all the time.
can it, chubster.

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
can it, chubster.

well played

Budkin
02-28-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't wait for this game! Of course the Spurs will win.

Supreme_Being
02-28-2008, 11:13 AM
can it, chubster.

Sorry for being offtopic, but I personally think T Park is hot.

duncan228
02-28-2008, 11:14 AM

T Park...Is this the man love conversation from last night?

Supreme_Being
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM

I don't remember posting something about man love last night.

stretch
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Aren't you gay?

phyzik
02-28-2008, 11:17 AM
got $100.00 on this game with a friend who is a mav fan.

Supreme_Being
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Aren't you gay?

Yes, I am.

duncan228
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't remember posting something about man love last night.

There was a man love conversation in the Barry thread.
(It was a long wait for no news last night, the thread was all over the place.)

Supreme_Being
02-28-2008, 11:25 AM

I do not think it's me. :)

Mister Sinister
02-28-2008, 11:37 AM
That thread was lulz-tastic.

stretch
02-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes, I am.
Okay cool. Just checking.

remingtonbo2001
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM

And Atlanta had some lock-down defenders.

Trust me, I'm sure we can find a way.

MagnusKrauss
02-28-2008, 11:47 AM

T Park
02-28-2008, 12:07 PM

I think so, why I'm involved is beyond me...

anjlbitz
02-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Is anyone going to the game?

I hope some fans bring "COME BACK, MANGO TREE" signs..

I'd do it but I'm stuck in Sin City :(

Michi_Germany
02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Go Spurs - kick their asses!

Mister Sinister
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Say hi to Dwight and Miho for me. :lol

41times
02-28-2008, 12:26 PM
This will be a great and important game for many reason. Both teams are fighting it out for the Division and for top seeding. The Spurs have something to prove, that they can beat the Mavs again and the Mavs have somthing to prove, that minus Harris and Diop they can continue to beat the Spurs.

So tonight we get to see a few new things:

How well will Kidd be able to defend Parker
How well will Park be able to defend Kidd
How well will the Spurs be able to rotate on defense to account for our new “passing style” offense.
How will the loss of Diop on Duncan have
Will the Mavs try and run and gun
Will the Spurs try and slow the tempo
Who will the Spurs put on Dirk? Duncan does not guard him very well.

All good questions for sure.

My prediction is this: There is absolutely no way the Spurs blow out the Mavs (a win of double digits or more) There is a chance however that the Mavs could blow out the Spurs if the shots fall from Stack and George. Our big 3 (Dirk, Jho and Kidd) will score at least 50 points, get at least 20 rebounds and have at least 20 assists. Their big 3 (Duncan, Parker and Ginosebleed) will score at least 60 points, get at least 20 rebounds and have at least 15 assists. So the difference in the game will be the Mavs bench and the Mavs Center. If Stack, George and Bass can produce off the bench we will win. If Damp can stay in the game for at least 25 minutes or more I think we will win.

Spurs are favored by 5 points and both teams on 3 days rest. I will take the Mavs plus 5 against anybody any time.

jack0fspeed
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
The Mavs have a ways to go before they are playoff ready. Their pick and roll defense has been a huge weak spot so far. I expect the Spurs to wear out Damp and Kidd tonight.

What I'll be watching closely is how the Mavs guard Ginobili. I expect Devean George to play him. If that works then maybe the Mavs have a shot in a playoff series against the Spurs. I'm not optimistic about it though.

I still question the logic behind the Kidd trade. Yes, it makes the Mavs better in some hypothetical world. But it makes them worse against their two biggest competitors in the West. I'd rather be worse and have a decent chance to beat the the Lakers and Spurs than be "better" and have little chance to beat those teams.

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Meh. It's a regular season game in February. It's minimally important to the end result: whoever wins tonight has a leg up on clinching the season series and earning the first tiebreaker. If the Spurs win, they go 3 up in the loss column on the Mavs and are 2-1 in the season series; if the Mavs win, they move within 1 in the loss column and have a 2-1 lead in the season series with the 4th game at home.

I don't expect to walk away from tonight's game thinking that the winner is definitively the better team and a prohibitive favorite to win a playoff series.

Frankly, given Parker's comments about the Kidd trade and the fact that the Spurs managed to beat Dallas without Duncan last time out, I'm expecting a fairly uninspired or relaxed effort from the Spurs tonight and wouldn't be surprised at all if the Mavs come away with a win.

peskypesky
02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm psyched to see Kurt Thomas in a Spurs uniform! We rule the paint tonight.

peskypesky
02-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Meh. It's a regular season game in February. It's minimally important to the end result...

Yep. Didn't the Cavs sweep the Spurs in the regular season last year?
:spin

Agloco
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
This will be a great and important game for many reason. Both teams are fighting it out for the Division and for top seeding. The Spurs have something to prove, that they can beat the Mavs again and the Mavs have somthing to prove, that minus Harris and Diop they can continue to beat the Spurs.

So tonight we get to see a few new things:

How well will Kidd be able to defend Parker
How well will Park be able to defend Kidd
How well will the Spurs be able to rotate on defense to account for our new “passing style” offense.
How will the loss of Diop on Duncan have
Will the Mavs try and run and gun
Will the Spurs try and slow the tempo
Who will the Spurs put on Dirk? Duncan does not guard him very well.

All good questions for sure.

My prediction is this: There is absolutely no way the Spurs blow out the Mavs (a win of double digits or more) There is a chance however that the Mavs could blow out the Spurs if the shots fall from Stack and George. Our big 3 (Dirk, Jho and Kidd) will score at least 50 points, get at least 20 rebounds and have at least 20 assists. Their big 3 (Duncan, Parker and Ginosebleed) will score at least 60 points, get at least 20 rebounds and have at least 15 assists. So the difference in the game will be the Mavs bench and the Mavs Center. If Stack, George and Bass can produce off the bench we will win. If Damp can stay in the game for at least 25 minutes or more I think we will win.

Spurs are favored by 5 points and both teams on 3 days rest. I will take the Mavs plus 5 against anybody any time.

Not really......

We already know J Kidd can't guard anyone, much less TP.
If J Kidd is in a groove, we stick Bowen or Udoka on him.
Of course the Spurs will slow the tempo.
Thomas, Oberto or Bowen will be on Dirk. You'll rarely see Timmy on him.

All in all, the J Kidd trade created more matchup problems for you than it solved. Diop and Harris were major problems for us at key positions (vs Timmy and TP). Now TP has a matchup against JKidd that he can absolutely dominate if he decides he's going to the rack each time. No Diop there to stop him or Timmy now. Unless Damp can stay on the floor, Timmy might go for 40 against Dirk.

Looks like trouble for the Mavs.

Findog
02-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't know where this "Jason Kidd isn't a good defender" garbage is coming from. He's not ideal for keeping the lightning quick guys like Paul, Barbosa and Parker in front of him, but at 6'4 and 210, he's absolutely a better option for big, physical guards like Baron Davis. By no means is he some sort of shut-down defender, but he's hardly down at Nash's level.

LEONARD
02-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Mavs 131
Spurs 130

3OT

Kidd with 25 assists
Dirk with 51 pts
Duncan with 45 pts, 23 reb

or something like that...

Findog
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Mavs have absolutely no chance to win this game without DeSagana Diop and Devin Harris. They might as well forfeit and save their legs for tomorrow night against Sacramento.

stretch
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
We already know J Kidd can't guard anyone, much less TP.

I am not sure where that comes from. he might not be quick enough to guard Parker, but then again, no one else in the league really is. but hes not a bad defender by any means whatsoever. he has actually played some fantastic defense so far back in Dallas. much better than you guys realize.

If J Kidd is in a groove, we stick Bowen or Udoka on him.

Not sure how Bowen will contain his passing. Bowen's defense is mainly lockdown man defense for great scorers (which has been slipping a bit this year)

Of course the Spurs will slow the tempo.

Mavs can play slow too.

Thomas, Oberto or Bowen will be on Dirk. You'll rarely see Timmy on him.

None of them can guard him either. Especially considering the recent tear hes been on.

All in all, the J Kidd trade created more matchup problems for you than it solved. Diop and Harris were major problems for us at key positions (vs Timmy and TP). Now TP has a matchup against JKidd that he can absolutely dominate if he decides he's going to the rack each time. No Diop there to stop him or Timmy now. Unless Damp can stay on the floor, Timmy might go for 40 against Dirk.

Looks like trouble for the Mavs.

The fact is, Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Stack were the most consistent Spur killers. Sometimes Harris was good, other times he sucked. But it all started with Dirk. And those guys killed the Spurs playing off nothing except isolations, and had to work for every basket. With Kidd, they don't have to work nearly as hard, and there will be quite a few more easy buckets. Some of you guys really are underestimating Kidd's presence, and overrating Harris' presence.

Diop is the only guy in this matchup that I will really miss, but if Damp plays the way he has been, then it's not much of a loss at all. And I think Magliore will help more than people realize. The guy is not that old, and has ability. Just never was used due to personal differences, much like Brandon Bass in New Orleans, and we all see how nice he has turned out for us.

I think that this will still be as close of a rivalry as it has been the past few years, and i hope we meet again come playoff time.

td4mvp21
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Spurs like to come out slow and play like shit against the Mavs, get down double digits, then spend the rest of the game fighting back, so hopefully won't. Truth is, the Mavs' key quarter is usually the first quarter from what I've seen of them. If you get them out of rhythm from the beginning of the game, you have a much better chance of beating them. I think we should focus on shutting Howard down at the beginning of the game, he's the one that gets the most first quarter shots.

stretch
02-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Spurs like to come out slow and play like shit against the Mavs, get down double digits, then spend the rest of the game fighting back, so hopefully won't. Truth is, the Mavs' key quarter is usually the first quarter from what I've seen of them. If you get them out of rhythm from the beginning of the game, you have a much better chance of beating them. I think we should focus on shutting Howard down at the beginning of the game, he's the one that gets the most first quarter shots.
I agree. When the Mavs get off to good starts, they are very very tough to beat. and Howard often has a big part in that. but lately, he has sucked so much ass, that you dont even need to focus on shutting him down. he shuts himself down by jacking up 30 jumpers a game. he needs to break out of his slump RIGHT NOW. we need to win these games here to get some more confidence going into the final months of the season.

td4mvp21
02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree. When the Mavs get off to good starts, they are very very tough to beat. and Howard often has a big part in that. but lately, he has sucked so much ass, that you dont even need to focus on shutting him down. he shuts himself down by jacking up 30 jumpers a game. he needs to break out of his slump RIGHT NOW. we need to win these games here to get some more confidence going into the final months of the season.

I still say the Spurs should focus on him, Avery is still going to go to him at the beginning of the game. He'll make them if you give him room and he does well against the Spurs most of the time so I don't like the idea of not focusing on him in the first. The Spurs just need to come out with energy and intensity and be on the attack. I can understand them wanting to save energy but that can be done in games against shitty teams. Against the good teams you have to come out aggressively or you're going to lose every time. The Spurs came out aggressive against the Hornets and it paid off. Same idea, different team. I like our chances better if we get get the Mavs out of rhythm in the first.

Killakobe81
02-28-2008, 02:50 PM
This games means more to Dallas than the spurs ...yall SHOULD win ...but i excpect a great game ...I just hope my Lakers put a whuppin' on the HEAT after our last game was closer than need be ...

spurs2007
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
All I keep reading is how the Mavericks can do this and that. How they need confidence to go into the playoffs. Let me remind you with the team they use to have prior to Kidds arrival (which was a better team by the way) doesn't measure up to the SPURS. The only addition the SPURS made is Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry coming back (same team that won the Champioship last year) is what will put them over the top. By the way, the Mavericks should have never got to the Finals if it wasn't for a dumb foul on Manu. The SPURS own the Mavericks in the playoffs, and who can forget them gettting beat by the Warriors, what a series by those guys. The Mavericks will lose in the first round this year count on it. WHY you ask, its simple: htey do not have an interior defense. Magliore has no experience and no one can stop TDuncan. Who will stop KURT and TImmY down low. Pop will utilize both soon, and when he does, the ret of the team will play good defense. It's ironic that their defense is first after the ALL-Star break. HMMMM, and when Kurt Thomas kicks in, oh my, oh my. Watch out, because the SPURS wil get their respect again. Period.

41times
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
All I keep reading is how the Mavericks can do this and that. How they need confidence to go into the playoffs. Let me remind you with the team they use to have prior to Kidds arrival (which was a better team by the way) doesn't measure up to the SPURS. The only addition the SPURS made is Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry coming back (same team that won the Champioship last year) is what will put them over the top. By the way, the Mavericks should have never got to the Finals if it wasn't for a dumb foul on Manu. The SPURS own the Mavericks in the playoffs, and who can forget them gettting beat by the Warriors, what a series by those guys. The Mavericks will lose in the first round this year count on it. WHY you ask, its simple: htey do not have an interior defense. Magliore has no experience and no one can stop TDuncan. Who will stop KURT and TImmY down low. Pop will utilize both soon, and when he does, the ret of the team will play good defense. It's ironic that their defense is first after the ALL-Star break. HMMMM, and when Kurt Thomas kicks in, oh my, oh my. Watch out, because the SPURS wil get their respect again. Period.

This is an opinion but clearly not a fact.

The Mavs are better overall with Kidd. What you guys don't see, because you don't get to see all the games, is that Kidd has injected New Life into this team. He has made it fun to play basketball again. He has energized the entire team (minus Howard who has been injured) This team is so much more energized both mentally and physically it is unbelievable. Kidd has already made Dampier better than he has ever been the prevous 3 years. And guys like Stack, Jett and Dirk, who you wouldnt think it would matter too are all on cloud 9. They are all into it now.

Watch closely how the Mavs move the ball tonight and how much enthusiasm they have. You will be surprised.

And with the addition of Jamal Magloire to replace Diop we don't have to worry about Damps fouls and with Stackhouse back from his injury we are good off the Bench with Stack, George, Bass and Magloire

If Josh Howard's back is okay you guys will be in trouble tonight.

And please, don't talk about the Spurs "owning" the Mavs in the Playoffs.
I think we have played a total of 13 playoff games against each other in the last 5 seasons. The Spurs have won 7 and the Mavs 6. Hardly "owning" and 3 of those Spurs wins came when Dirk injured his knee in 2002 and missed the games.

Now if you want to talk about "owning" you might want to talk about the regular season match-ups over the last 3 years. I think the Mavs have won over 60% of those games.

Findog
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
IMO Mav fans have no reason to be cocky, given our struggles on the road this season (14-16), we're still working in Kidd and we have to play the best team in the league in their gym. I've been heartened by how much better they seem to be playing since the trade, but they haven't really been tested yet. With a stretch of @ SAS, vs. SAC, @ LAL and @ Utah in five nights, we're about to get that test. I'll take 2-2 in that stretch and count us lucky.

spurs2007
02-28-2008, 04:23 PM
41times:
Let me reitterate your last.

The Mavs are better overall with Kidd. Please, he got rocked by a younger Chris Paul and when he does have a good game it's agains a gaurd he can't play defense and is old. Parker up one on him.
He may inject life, but he won't be able to with Parker gaurding him. Scratch that idea.

Watch closely how the Mavs move the ball tonight and how much enthusiasm they have. You will be surprised.
I will watch closely, they will a few times, but it's because of Parker or any faster gaurd playing defense. Having Kidd on your team may make your team better, just ask the Nets. Cmon he was in the EAST, now in the West, he will come back to reality, just like when Parker owned him in the 2003 NBA finals. Period.

I think we have played a total of 13 playoff games against each other in the last 5 seasons. The Spurs have won 7 and the Mavs 6. Hardly "owning" and 3 of those Spurs wins came when Dirk injured his knee in 2002 and missed the games.
Let me reitterate for you, the spurs own the playoff series. Period. forget the amount of games, that don't count. For crying out loud you guys were up 3-0 in the finals against Miami. Go figure and lost to Golden State, the Mavericks can't finish a team.
Regular season only counts in seeding not whose owning who. My bad on that comparison. You shouldn't talk about regular season, seeing how the MAVS had the best record and, well you know what happened to them in the first round. Case closed. MAvericks can't talk anymore. Let's not forgot about your boy Josh Howard calling a timeout in the finals against Miami. Oh, I can't wait to see him. Balee that.

YODA
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM

I happen to have tickets to the game. I think "Bring back the Mango Tree "would be a great sign. Not sure how good tickets are though, just know they are $80 tickets. Ill definitly be yelling to bring back the mango tree.
Rather be on the upper deck in a way though. Last time i had great tickets, Id get up and yell and people around would like at me like an idiot. Not like that on the upper deck. Wish I knew exactly where these seats are.

midgetonadonkey
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM

link

duncan228
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
link

:lmao

You like man love conversations Reverend?

It starts on page 17 with bonesinaz telling T Park she's a woman.
It weaves through a few pages after that.
Have fun. :)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88152&page=17&pp=26

spyder
02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag: :downspin: :downspin: :downspin: Beat the Mavs!!

ancestron
02-28-2008, 05:37 PM
im going tonight......and i will be farking loud.....

marv albert: "YESH!"

fixed

ancestron
02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
For crying out loud you guys were up 3-0 in the finals against Miami.

wrong.

timmo
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Spurs - 235
Lil Ponies - 22

SAtown
02-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll be there. The people in my section are always loud, so I don't feel weird yelling and shite

Flight3107
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
41times:
Let me reitterate your last.

The Mavs are better overall with Kidd. Please, he got rocked by a younger Chris Paul and when he does have a good game it's agains a gaurd he can't play defense and is old. Parker up one on him.
He may inject life, but he won't be able to with Parker gaurding him. Scratch that idea.

I will watch closely, they will a few times, but it's because of Parker or any faster gaurd playing defense. Having Kidd on your team may make your team better, just ask the Nets. Cmon he was in the EAST, now in the West, he will come back to reality, just like when Parker owned him in the 2003 NBA finals. Period.

Let me reitterate for you, the spurs own the playoff series. Period. forget the amount of games, that don't count. For crying out loud you guys were up 3-0 in the finals against Miami. Go figure and lost to Golden State, the Mavericks can't finish a team.
Regular season only counts in seeding not whose owning who. My bad on that comparison. You shouldn't talk about regular season, seeing how the MAVS had the best record and, well you know what happened to them in the first round. Case closed. MAvericks can't talk anymore. Let's not forgot about your boy Josh Howard calling a timeout in the finals against Miami. Oh, I can't wait to see him. Balee that.

You're fucking retarded. Period.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
the spurs will smoke the mavs cuz there aint no way kid and dirk can stop tony and tim. there bigs are going to be in foul trouble and kidd will have to score because we wont give help

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Damn, game not on LPBB as per usual... :pctoss

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
For Argies aboard: in case you don't have Directv League Pass, Channel 7 (ATC) will show this, live! :elephant

duncan228
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Damn, game not on LPBB as per usual... :pctoss

It's on TNT, LP doesn't usually have them when it's a national game, do they?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-28-2008, 07:46 PM
The only downside is that game starts 11:00 pm, Argentina time. Damn summer daylight saving! All NBA games start way too late to stay awake 'till the 4th quarter.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2008, 07:47 PM
It's on TNT, LP doesn't usually have them when it's a national game, do they?

No, but that's absolutely no help to LPBB subscribers outside the US, and that's what pisses me off.

They should put it on LPBB for overseas subscribers (ie. non-US IP addresses)...

It seems like a lot of Spurs games don't make it to LPBB which makes my life as a fan more difficult than it should be. The NBA has no idea how to treat their non-US fans. :(

td4mvp21
02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
No, but that's absolutely no help to LPBB subscribers outside the US, and that's what pisses me off.

They should put it on LPBB for overseas subscribers (ie. non-US IP addresses)...

It seems like a lot of Spurs games don't make it to LPBB which makes my life as a fan more difficult than it should be. The NBA has no idea how to treat their non-US fans. :(

I live in Corpus (2 hours away from San Antonio) and they won't let us by league pass because the distance is so short. I guess everyone has the time and money to drive up to San Antonio for all the Spurs games :rolleyes

Allanon
02-28-2008, 07:50 PM
I think the Mavs have a good shot at winning this one. It certainly means alot more to them than Spurs. Spurs lose and this board will go crazy but the Spurs will chalk it down as another loss in a long season.

If the Mavs win it, they'll be ok going forward. If they lose it, better luck next year Mavs, Kidd wasn't enough.

Gut check time, it's going to be a great game.

duncan228
02-28-2008, 07:54 PM
The NBA has no idea how to treat their non-US fans. :(

What a sad statement for a league with so many international players and so determined to push the globalization of the game.

Mister Sinister
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Let's go Spurs!

manufor3
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
go spurs go!

manufor3
02-28-2008, 08:01 PM
nice intro for tnt

Mister Sinister
02-28-2008, 08:01 PM
So what'll everybody be dining on tonight? Me, I've made (Yes, I *can* prepare my own food without lighting my house on fire) a BBQ pork sandwich using Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce. De-licious....

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I've never been so amped to see a SAS game. This should be some awesome basketball tonight.

manufor3
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
dazed, u goin 4 the mavs or spurs?

Slydragon
02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Random pic
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6096/shaqferryqb9.jpg

DazedAndConfused
This game is very important for BOTH teams. Don't act like it's totally meaningless. We are nearing the end of the regular season and now it's time to see how the best in the WC matchup.

Mister Sinister
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Random pic
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6096/shaqferryqb9.jpg
God damn it, why did I :lmao?

manufor3
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
tony is happy about the kidd trade. just on tnt.

Mister Sinister
This game is very important for BOTH teams. Don't act like it's totally meaningless. We are nearing the end of the regular season and now it's time to see how the best in the WC matchup.
EWC.

DazedAndConfused
dazed, u goin 4 the mavs or spurs?

Doesn't matter to me who wins, I suppose I'd rather see the Spurs lose since they are clipping at our heels but I just want to see some good basketball tonight.

J.T.
Chuck: "They got Pau Gasol for a Happy Meal"

:lmao

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
LOL Chuck has always been clowning on the Lakers.

duncan228
02-28-2008, 08:09 PM
tony is happy about the kidd trade. just on tnt.

Here's the article they got Parker's quotes from:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87653

Allanon
02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Chuck on Phil Jackson's "40 before 20 an elite team makes"

"I'd be talking trash too if I had Kobe Bryant."

ClingingMars
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
GET IN CHATTT

-Mars

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I like his "They got Pai Gasol for a happy meal" remark

batboy
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
four pages before tip-off

Barbarian
Can someone pm me a link to where I can find the game online? The one that I usually use is not working.

nkdlunch
Tony needs to STFU

milkyway21
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
IMO, for a game like this, only Spurs fans get to start game blogs.

:tu :gpower :smokin

Go! Go! Champs !!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

Spurologist
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/r66gn78t.jpg

LOCKDOWN

manufor3
spurs ball!

manufor3
manu come on!

DazedAndConfused
Beautiful Pass From Kidd

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Damn Manu

MarceloM!
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Go Spurs Go! Victory by 15 with Manu ON FIRE.

spursrocksocks
02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Diiiiiiiiirrrk

Spurs Brazil
1st on Dirk

peskypesky
that pass from Kidd was sweet :(

manufor3
timmy please make ur freakin ft's

Trainwreck2100
Now he misses a FT

Radiosparks
02-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Lets go boys!

manufor3
timmy!

Slydragon
keep going at Dirk

Spurs Brazil
TD scores

Spurs up 3-2

Trainwreck2100
That's some bull

peskypesky
to the paint, boys!

Slydragon
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
sweeeet

manufor3
timmy again!

Trainwreck2100
Duncan 5 Mavs 4

Radiosparks
All night TD!

peskypesky
Duncan may get 20 rebounds tonight

Spurs Brazil
TD again, 5pts

Spurs Brazil
Manuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Spurs up 7-4

peskypesky
02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
what a move by Parker!!!

Radiosparks
TP in the lane.

manufor3
the big 3 are getting in a rythm!

Slydragon
everyone running circles on Dirk

peskypesky
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
TD with the spot up!

Radiosparks
TD with the J!

Spurs Brazil
Tim Duncan!!!!!!!!!!

peskypesky
no outside shots

boutons_
Spurs score more than 5 pts in first qtr. Franchise record not at risk.

Louie Vega
The big matchup of the night! Kidd vs Parker! Let's see who can shoot the lowest fg%.

Radiosparks
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Take him to the hoop TD.

Barbarian
Can someone pm me a link to where I can find the game online? The one that I usually use is not working.

PLEASE!!!

Spurologist
Timmay is unguardable right now. He should touch the ball every time.

Spurs Brazil
1st on Dampier

Oberto with back spams, Horry in

peskypesky
man it's good not to see Devin Harris slicing up the Spurs

Dex
Did that graphic just "come out of the basket"?

Lame.

manufor3
horry the first guy in? wtf?

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Big three 13
Mavs 8

Slydragon
02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
LMAO free throw story

manufor3
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
bowen's husslin

Dex
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
man it's good not to see Devin Harris slicing up the Spurs

For real.

Even with the game close right now, it just doesn't seem like the same Maverick team that made us look so discombobulated.

lefty
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Nice crossover from Manu

Trainwreck2100
Damn Parker sink those open shots

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Duncan showed up, everyone has, but Duncan's been on so far.

nkdlunch
SPurs playing good. Not spending too much energy.
they will be fresh in 2nd half

Dallas really sucks. we'd be down 10+ w/the old Dallas.

Trainwreck2100
Nice crossover from Manu

till he got blocked

duncan228
It appears Duncan wants this game. :smokin

dbreiden83080
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
It appears Duncan wants this game. :smokin

TD has come to play tonight for sure.

lefty
Yes ! I switched today from analogic cable to digital TV, an I'm watching the game on "The Score" (TNT)

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

SpurOutofTownFan
I was waiting for this game to say this but I can say it now - the worst thing the Mavs could have done is to trade Devin Harris. I think he was the only one quick enough for Parker. I think they messed up big time there if they are still trying to stop the spurs in a possible playoff matchup. I'm pretty serious about this.

manufor3
02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
bowen dont shoot!... too late...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
So what'll everybody be dining on tonight? Me, I've made (Yes, I *can* prepare my own food without lighting my house on fire) a BBQ pork sandwich using Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce. De-licious....

A mate of mine cooks the best pulled pork you'll ever taste - slow roasts it for 8-10 hours. He also makes his own BBQ sauces, coleslaw, creamed corn and beans from scratch. Mmmmmmm...

T Park
Duncan looks good.

Manu looks good.

Parker looks good.

Hopefully everyone outside the big 3 brings it.

THis would be a huge win if gotten.

ATXSPUR
Parker needs to get his confidence back in his jumper

Slydragon
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Parker still rusty

T Park
Two words.

Saltgrass Steakhouse :smokin

El Paso Chicken with a balsamic vinagerette salad.

boutons_
Spurs cold, 35%

manufor3
lol in the replay ginobili pulled on horry's jersey

ATXSPUR
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Did I miss something? What happened to mighty mouse? Why is Vaughn in?

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Mavs playing great defense. Nearly every shot the Spurs have taken has been contested.

manufor3
02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
wow only 4:22 left...
time flies when your rooting for your team.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
One pass shot... pass and move Spurs, pass and move!

Trainwreck2100
Parker still rusty

He's fucking petrified

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
DAL looks much better than I thought. Kidd is putting the ball in all the right places for them.

Spurs Brazil
KT in for TD

boutons_
Spurs offense has long way to go, can't have Manu make up the missing points

Slydragon
02-28-2008, 08:35 PM
they not used to passes like that, every big pass Kidd makes they F up

Spurologist
I love this Brandon Bass guy. He's a guaranteed two missed layups per night.

manufor3
udoka... come on

Mr. Body
02-28-2008, 08:36 PM
When they get used to him, Kidd's passing will greatly help Dallas out. I'm also pissed at Parker's recent locker-room bulletin board material for Kidd. How stupid can you be?

Trainwreck2100
Finally a FG

Spurs Brazil
Manuuuuuuuuuuu J

Tie game

Radiosparks
02-28-2008, 08:37 PM

Check pm.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Please don't tell me tonight is the night Manu goes cold.

They are out of sorts on O right now.

Slydragon
When they get used to him, Kidd's passing will greatly help Dallas out. I'm also pissed at Parker's recent locker-room bulletin board material for Kidd. How stupid can you be?

what was it?

Amuseddaysleeper
We can't afford Udoka to lay a goose egg tonight.

I'm curious to see how he does against Howard

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Kidd has drastically improved their offense, so much so that everyone else is struggling to catch up with him. They have fucked up at least 2-3 assists already.

nkdlunch
why the fuck is manu playing the entire 1st quarter????

Sense
Did Dirk Just Shove That Ref?

I saw something like that too! lol I was waiting for a whistle but I guess he was playin around?

Sense
02-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Release Finley!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
bluuuuuurgh...

Pass the freakin ball and cut Spurs, stop over-dribbling and standing around...

T Park
:lol

Does anyone have a way to uh, "see" the game tonight? My link seems to have taken a number 2.

Radiosparks
Hahahahahaaa...Barry.. Barry!

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
where is michael finley?

T Park
??? Whats going on?

01Snake
Horrible shooting!

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Spurs only 6-21FG

manufor3
horry.. nothing

ATXSPUR
Outside of Duncan our offense is putrid tonight.

Mr. Body
what was it?

'I'm glad Devin Harris is gone. Can't believe they traded for Kidd. I'm he's good, but doesn't guard me well...'

Just idiocy. Parker's not very bright sometimes.

Trainwreck2100
That was on Thomas

Spurs Brazil
Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, 8pts

mavs up 2

WalterBenitez
02-28-2008, 08:42 PM
how are doing? score? playing well?

manufor3
Ginobili!

ATXSPUR

Aggie Hoopsfan
So is Doug Collins going to suck Jason Kidd's dick all night long? If so I'm going to have to find the mute button.

Spurs Brazil
Manu tres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavs up 3

DazedAndConfused
The Mavs look really good tonight. This is a team that can definitely contend if they keep this up. Defense is good, offense is sharp, tons of experience.

boutons_
clanging so many shots hopelessly off the front of the rim, are the Spurs tired? WTF? Plenty of open shots

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
the offense looked beyond terrible

RuffnReadyOzStyle
TP has obviously lost confidence in his jumper. He needs to find it again or his effectiveness will remain diminished...

spursrocksocks
Nice D to end the Q

manufor3
mavs to the ball 5 times in 1 q.
lol

Amuseddaysleeper
where is michael finley?

nkdlunch
Manu is on another level.

DazedAndConfused
Has anyone scored outside of Ginobli and Duncan?

BonnerDynasty
I see we are going to live and die by Manu's J tonight.

fuck.

still.focused
Man im so pissed
I forgot to set my fantasy roster
Both Manu and Dirk are on the bench
And it looks like Manu came to play tonight

Trainwreck2100
Manu is charging up that rapeometer

Spurologist
02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
I didn't know the pop would only play manu and TD in the first quarter

Mr. Body
Dallas D as good as ever. At least for now the huzzahs for the loss of Diop and Harris were misplaced. Nobody can get inside the lane.

Parker needs to quit shooting so many jumpers. Why play Vaughn if your offense sucks?

nkdlunch

that's a good thing by the way Manu is playing.

where is Finley??????? maybe Pop's secret weapon tonight

Sense
Spurs need the right combination out there to get them going... Finley.. Duncan... Oberto... TP and Ginobili

boutons_
02-28-2008, 08:45 PM
This isn't not the first game where the Spurs struggle to score, Manu excepted. Getting no help after Manu and Tim

nkdlunch
Dallas D as good as ever.

no it's not

Mr. Body

fuck.

To be honest he's basically been the offense for the last two weeks.

Amarelooms
02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
mavs to the ball 5 times in 1 q.
lol

Wow imagine that a team still learning how to play together is playing sloppy...silly Spurs homer :elephant

dude1394
:lol

Does anyone have a way to uh, "see" the game tonight? My link seems to have taken a number 2.

This site usually seems to work.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Use IE.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Vaughn, WTF??? Overdribbling and taking poor shots. MM time.

Man, awful offence - they look tight and scared (except Manu and Tim).

Loosen the fuck up and play ball, dammit.

Spurs Brazil
Only the big 3 scored in the 1st quarter

T Park
christ, if the Maverick and Laker Trolls are gonna be in here, Im outta here.

manufor3
They traded Pau for a happy meal
trying to lighten up the crowd.

Trainwreck2100
Dallas D as good as ever.

Parker and Horry missing wide open shots and they have 1 turnover

duncan228
Has anyone scored outside of Ginobli and Duncan?

Parker has 2.

endrity
02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
As many Dallas fans have said, it's the defense that has gone at another level while offense has just gotten easier rather than more efficient.

Amarelooms
christ, if the Maverick and Laker Trolls are gonna be in here, Im outta here.

You gonna cry..dont worry you will be talking crap once the Spurs take the lead im sure :elephant

Slippy
Vaughn is taking too much time in bringing the ball up and in deciding what to run . It's just one pace for him. I understand Pop matching up to Kidd but its fustrating to watch.

ricketts

what is this "recent locker room material" you speak of?

manufor3
duncan!

Radiosparks
Nice move TD.

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2008, 08:48 PM
TD!!!!!!!!!!, 11pts

Aggie Hoopsfan
So Manu is heating up at the end of the first with a couple straight buckets and we taken him out. Come on Pop...

ATXSPUR
nice fake by Duncan

manufor3
tony

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Spurs playing small but Mavs have Bass and Dampier, put TD and KT

Spurologist
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
WTF

Erika Dampier getting a pass on moving screens now?

BonnerDynasty
02-28-2008, 08:50 PM
C'mon 37 yr old Bowen.

Spurs Brazil
Damn Bruce make that shot

Trainwreck2100
Dammit udoka

Amuseddaysleeper
udoka is beyond awful, my god

Slydragon
make a f'en shot

manufor3
u cant miss 2 wide open 3's ime

Spurs Brazil
WTF IMe

ATXSPUR
our offense is upsetting me...in the bright side it looks like Timmy puts up a triple double tonight.

Radiosparks
Poor parameter shooting tonight.

nkdlunch
02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Bowen is infecting everyone else with his bad shot!!!

DazedAndConfused
Wow this is ugly. SAS has some serious problems scoring the ball.

Trainwreck2100
Damn Bruce make that shot

Can't make a shot he don't shoot

Spurologist
TP with an ankle breaking killer crossover on Terry to set up Bowen wide open in the corner but Bowen is way off.

Then Udoka gets two open looks and clanks them

:pctoss

Amuseddaysleeper
thank god barry is coming back