PDA

View Full Version : Obama Rally at Verizon Theatre on 2/29!

JoeChalupa
02-28-2008, 10:46 AM
I'll be there adding to the Obamamentum!!!
I'd like to invite all of you to come out and show your support for the next President of the United States and become part of history in the making.

BARACK THE VOTE!!

angel_luv
02-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I went to his rally at Texas State last night.

I enjoyed it.

For more details about my night, you can visit: http://girldefined.com/?p=253

clambake
02-28-2008, 11:02 AM

I enjoyed it.

extra stout would like to know at what point did you faint? :lol

angel_luv
02-28-2008, 11:05 AM
He should read my blog. :)

clambake
02-28-2008, 11:14 AM
there you go, extra stout. the invitation is official. just remember who got you two kids together when you're telling your grandchildren the story of how you met.

JoeChalupa
02-28-2008, 11:28 AM

I enjoyed it.

:tu I wanted to go too. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm taking my daughters with me to share the experience.

angel_luv
02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I think that is great that you are taking your girls. It will be a good memory for all of you.

Go early. The lines to get in are unbelieveable!

spurster
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Clinton will in Hemisfair Park the same evening.

J.T.
02-29-2008, 01:48 AM
I think that is great that you are taking your girls. It will be a good memory for all of you.

Go early. The lines to get in are unbelieveable!

Yeah I went to the one at Texas State last night too. It was pretty bad ass but I had to get there at 6 because I heard the lines were insane. Worth the wait IMO.

Trainwreck2100
02-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Clinton will in Hemisfair Park the same evening.

I wish I could go

I'm not a fan, but there were some fine ass college aged women at that debate thing at sunset station

MannyIsGod
02-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I wish I could go

I'm not a fan, but there were some fine ass college aged women at that debate thing at sunset stationDude its not like you're going to grow balls overnight anyway.

spurster
02-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow! That was a great rally! I'm fired up!

Mr. Peabody
02-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow! That was a great rally! I'm fired up!

How many people were the rally?

angel_luv
02-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah I went to the one at Texas State last night too. It was pretty bad ass but I had to get there at 6 because I heard the lines were insane. Worth the wait IMO.

How close to the stage did you get? We were allowed inside the white tents but not over the bridge.

:lol That sounds funny but if you know the park, you know what I mean.

angel_luv
02-29-2008, 11:00 PM
How many people were the rally?

Yes, please tell us about the rally.

I want to hear your take too, Joe, when you have time.

Mr. Peabody
03-01-2008, 12:40 PM
The reports I heard said 8,000 in Selma for the Obama rally. Not too bad considering Hillary drew 1,300 for a rally in downtown SA.

01Snake
03-01-2008, 02:53 PM
The reports I heard said 8,000 in Selma for the Obama rally. Not too bad considering Hillary drew 1,300 for a rally in downtown SA.

How long was the line to suck his dick? Was Joe in the front? :lol

Oh, Gee!!
03-01-2008, 03:14 PM
How long was the line to suck his dick? Was Joe in the front? :lol

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/wolfclown1/fail.jpg

spurster
03-01-2008, 05:24 PM
My impressions:

Yes, there was a long line before they opened the gates around 5:30pm..

Security was tight. Obama seems to have his own TSA contingent (searched everyone entering the gate) in addition to his Secret Service and additional local police.

Obama has lots of annoying volunteers. Yes, I have voted. Yes, I know about the caucuses. No, I don't want to volunteer. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

For a long time, it looked like there would be empty seats, but by 8pm there are only a few left, so the 8,000 estimate is probably high, but not too far off.

The crowd is polite for other speakers, but Obama is the rock star of this event. The noise is thunderous. He is a very good speaker. I would guess he is like Reagan in that he connects well to his audience. As with most candidates, he promises too much. He already had very good comebacks to the latest attacks from McCain and Clinton.

Johnts71
03-02-2008, 01:37 PM
I was there. Here are some pics and clips

his entrance. Dude is like Elivs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DqdVqisVhlM

http://i28.tinypic.com/qx9anr.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2pt15it.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/24azvuq.jpg

Johnts71
03-02-2008, 01:42 PM
My impressions:

Obama has lots of annoying volunteers. Yes, I have voted. Yes, I know about the caucuses. No, I don't want to volunteer. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

im a volunteer and was asked to do that. I declined cause I wanted to watch his speech. You know some people actually dont know about the caucus and how it works. Do you know how it works? what exactly you need to do?

spurster
03-02-2008, 04:29 PM
You know some people actually dont know about the caucus and how it works. Do you know how it works? what exactly you need to do?
Like me, the vast majority of the people will be going to our first caucus. We do not have a clue how it works or what exactly we need to do beyond showing up. I am fervently hoping that somebody there knows.

Ah, yes. Someone standing next to me in line told me that our voter registration cards had better have the "Democrat" stamp on it (which is supposed to show that you voted in the primary) or else you won't get in. [I don't know that is true, I am only relaying this.] When I early voted, I was asked if I wanted my card stamped or not. I paused and then told the poll worker "Sure. Go for it."

xrayzebra
03-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Johnts71, did he do a little soft shoe routine for the crowd. You
know like the candyman can. He is so sweet.

Johnts71
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Like me, the vast majority of the people will be going to our first caucus. We do not have a clue how it works or what exactly we need to do beyond showing up. I am fervently hoping that somebody there knows.

Ah, yes. Someone standing next to me in line told me that our voter registration cards had better have the "Democrat" stamp on it (which is supposed to show that you voted in the primary) or else you won't get in. [I don't know that is true, I am only relaying this.] When I early voted, I was asked if I wanted my card stamped or not. I paused and then told the poll worker "Sure. Go for it."

that person was correct

here is what to do. This is taken directly from my precinct captain page.

FAQs:

Q: Can’t I just vote in either the primary or the caucus?
A: It’s important to vote in both, because delegates are awarded in both. However, you MUST vote in primary to participate in the caucus.

Q: I am really busy. I don’t have time for a public meeting all night.
A: The caucus is quick and painless! You show up and sign in, and then you can leave. On the sign-in form, you will need to write down that you support Barack Obama, as well as your contact information – but that’s all your need to do to be counted?

Q: I’m not registered to vote – can I participate?
A: No – the deadline for registrations to vote in the primary has passed; however you can still register to vote in the General Election in November.

Q: Do I need to have an ID to vote?
A: Yes. You will need to present a drivers license, some other form of government-issued photo ID, or your voter registration card.

Q: What if I am an Independent or Republican?
A: Texans do not register to vote by political party – you can participate in the Democratic Party primary and caucus to support Barack Obama even if you consider yourself a Republican or Independent.

Q: What time is the caucus?
A: You should arrive to the caucus at 7:00pm.

Q: Can my friends caucus with me?
A: If they live in your precinct, yes! If they live across town or aren’t sure of their caucus location, direct them to texas.barackobama.com, where they can find information on the caucus in their own neighborhood. Please encourage as many of your friends, coworkers, and family members to attend their local caucus as possible. We need your help to spread the word!

Q: Do I have to pay to participate in the caucus?
A: NO!

Q: Do I have to stand up and give a speech?
A: NO! All you have to do is sign in for Barack Obama. You can stay for the delegate selection, or if you have another commitment you can leave after you have filled out the sign-in form and written down that you are there to vote for Barack Obama.

hope this helps

JoeChalupa
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes, please tell us about the rally.

I want to hear your take too, Joe, when you have time.

America Rocks!!! It was a great family experience to say the least. My whole family went to show our support for Barack and participate in a right that many of us take for granted.
To introduce my children to part of the political process in America was awesome. They understand a little bit more and I am very grateful for the experience they had.
It was a very positive experience that we will never forget.
This morning my youngest daughter who is 8 noticed the polls in Ohio and mentioned to me that Barack is behind and I told her that he can't win all the states but that his message is getting across.

Whomever you support, be it republican or democrat or independent, I encourage everyone to involve your children so that they may get a better understanding of the political process.

BARACK THE VOTE!!!

Ignignokt
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
He should read my blog. :)

Yeah, i bet it has interactive puzzles and print out coloring crayon pages.

angel_luv
03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, i bet it has interactive puzzles and print out coloring crayon pages.

Visit it and see.