PDA

View Full Version : Interview Tips

Xolotl
02-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll be applying for graduate school tomorrow, and I'm of course worried because I've never had to do an interview like this before. I believe it will be a group interview which to me is even worse. But, I know there's also alot of knowledge here.

Can anybody give me tips on this sort of thing I mean I know to shake peoples hands when I meet them...and I think knock before entering. But, other than that I'm really scared lol

Thanks

stretch
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Skip the handshake, and go straight for the kick in the ass. They will be pleased.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I'll be applying for graduate school tomorrow, and I'm of course worried because I've never had to do an interview like this before. I believe it will be a group interview which to me is even worse. But, I know there's also alot of knowledge here.

Can anybody give me tips on this sort of thing I mean I know to shake peoples hands when I meet them...and I think knock before entering. But, other than that I'm really scared lol

Thanks

Firm handshake.

Xolotl
02-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Skip the handshake, and go straight for the kick in the ass. They will be pleased.

Man and after I just got done saying theres knowledge on the forum you come in and ruin it...but thanks I needed the laugh I think Im just wound up right now lol

Trainwreck2100
Wear a suit

LakerMagic
Show confidence. Look them in the eye always.

peewee's lovechild
02-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Show boobs if you have them.

If not, you better be charming as hell.

midgetonadonkey
02-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Whatever you do, do not show up with your nuts hanging out of your zipper.

Carl
02-28-2008, 11:22 AM
First of all school is for wussies and women, but if you have to do it then I suggest a new cologne scent like Pina Colada. Then when you meet them remember to tell them how lucky they are to have you there in the first place because your wasting your time there when you could be drinking with cheap hookers at the bar. If there is a woman in the interview room and she looks at you then she probably wants your body so make her an offer. Listen to Carl and you will go places

Carl
02-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Whatever you do, do not show up with your nuts hanging out of your zipper.
I did that once but I was at the strip club and I spent a few nights in the slammer but it was worth it to rub them on that dancer

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
graduate school interviews? WTF is this? this is not primary school bs man, this is spurtaa.

seriously what course you doing? its only courses like medicine, hard subs and arts/science BS goes through interviews, while business/commerce courses, no need for interviews.

Xolotl
02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
graduate school interviews? WTF is this? this is not primary school bs man, this is spurtaa.

seriously what course you doing? its only courses like medicine, hard subs and arts/science BS goes through interviews, while business/commerce courses, no need for interviews.

Pharmacy school, wish I didn't have to do em

stretch
02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Man and after I just got done saying theres knowledge on the forum you come in and ruin it...but thanks I needed the laugh I think Im just wound up right now lol
Exactly my point. Don't be too nervous. Don't stress. Just relax. Be yourself. Don't fidget a lot. Make yourself seem as comfortable as possible with them, even if you aren't the least bit comfortable. If there is a sense of comfort between you and the interviewer, it will help greatly.

monosylab1k
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
put a cucumber in your underwear. put out the vibe.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2008, 05:24 PM
I like to talk in front of groups with a glass of scotch in one hand and a microphone in the other ala Dean Martin. Even if there's only 5 people in the room I still think the microphone is a nice touch. :tu

NorCal510
02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
follow what will smith did in the pursuit of happiness

guaranteed job on the spot

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
i just had a job interview over the phone, lame called me while i was still sleeping, manage to answer some of the questions....

not sure if i got the job, but they want me to come in and do another interview then job trainin see how i go...its only data entry how fokn hard can it get 21.90+ 9% super = 23-24bucks casual 5hrs a week bs this is lame. i should look else where for full time position