PDA

View Full Version : Is Duncan hurting???

texbound
01-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Watching this game today, it seemed that Duncan is favoring his left side and he seemed to keep reaching for his left hip. Is his hip worse than Duncan is letting on? I don't think it's something serious, but it could be a hip pointer.

T Park
01-08-2005, 08:57 PM
He hurt that hip against the Pacers, and I agree, I think its hurt worse than hes letting on.

TwoHandJam
01-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I saw that too. When he had trouble getting up for a dunk it was very noticeable. Actually, I've found Duncan to be slower and less explosive for a string of games now and I can only imagine it's because of some injury. Not long ago he was taking guys off the dribble and blowing by them for dunks and layups but lately he seems to be favoring jumpers and hook shots. I knew something was up in the Sac game when he couldn't even beat Webber off the dribble.

Kori do you know if something is up with Tim that the Spurs are keeping under wraps?

SequSpur
01-08-2005, 10:18 PM
He's trying to make Rasho look better.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I think if something was really up he'd just sit.

spursfaninla
01-08-2005, 10:25 PM
He's trying to make Rasho look better.

you da man.

SequSpur
01-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Think about it... Duncan had what 8 rebounds? And Rasho had 11?

WTF? Does that make Rasho better? Hell no. That is my point.

Duncan clearly controlled the game with his presence. Pop clearly controlled the game without Rasho's presence.

Insert Horry.

Sense
01-09-2005, 06:34 AM
I don't think he's THAT hurt.

He still needs to step it up, I don't think it's he's getting low points because of injury....it's all about not having agressiveness.

Tim hasn't had any in like, 10 games.

Rummpd
01-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Anyone else think that sitting him out of Utah game might be worth the risk = extra rest and lots of key games coming up?

Pros = Horry playing well and might help get Rasho and Rose untracked again some. Manu and Parker both scoring lately = Spurs could still beat a damaged opponent that is really struggling.

???

MadDoc

td4mvp21
01-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I think if its seriously bothering him, he should sit out on Monday because Parker and Ginobili could lead the team against the Jazz. But if its not serious, then he should play through it. He did play in the Olympics this summer and that is having an effect on his minutes and play.

Clandestino
01-09-2005, 11:37 AM
7 losses in 35 games...yes, duncan needs to step it up! haha...