PDA

View Full Version : Danny Crawford

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-28-2008, 10:28 PM
How in the world is he managing to blow the whistle every time down with Dirk's nuts on his chin?

T Park
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
21 Free throws

unfucking real

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Seriously, it's like the league told Crawford that the 'new look Mavs' have to win this one for the sake of playoff marketing.

SpursFan0728
02-28-2008, 10:42 PM
half of the calls with Drik was weak fouls...fucking crawford

dropstep4421
02-28-2008, 10:43 PM
totally agree

Jimcs50
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
AHF, do you always have to whine?

DespЏrado
02-28-2008, 10:54 PM
It was horrible we were lucky to escape with a win against these new look charity case Mavs.

T Park
02-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Screw you Jimcs

he never whines, but tonight was fucking legit.

17 of Nowitzki's 28 points came from the FT line.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

BULLSHIT!!

foodie2
02-28-2008, 10:58 PM
No shock here. Spurs get bailed out in the final minute by their three little friends. Duncan runs into Dampier, shoves him with his arm as he loses control of the ball, then puts up a weak shot and gets a foul called on Damp to give the Spurs the lead. Bowen fouls Terry repeatedly on his drive before blocking the shot, the ball appears to have gone off Duncan, yet it's given to the Spurs. That and the two T's earlier which came as a result of Bowen's dirty play, there's your ballgame.

And no, I don't know what Avery was thinking with Kidd on the bench either, not that it would have made a difference...

Meanwhile, over at Mavtalk... :lol :lol :lol

Duncanoypi
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Joey and Danny are brothers...

Tek_XX
02-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Players get pushed around all the time and only dirk gets those types of calls. I guarantee you Duncan would not get those touch fouls.

sribb43
02-28-2008, 11:12 PM
danny crawford was just trying to make up for all the times that he has screwed the Mavs

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-28-2008, 11:17 PM
AHF, do you always have to whine?

I'm sorry, Danny Crawford did a great job tonight. We should be lucky enough to have someone so concerned for the wellbeing of Air Deutsche Marc. :tu

Better?

T Park
02-28-2008, 11:26 PM
:lol

Aggie took that way better than I would've :lol

timvp
02-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Danny Crawford is historically the one ref who lets the Spurs and Mavs actually play basketball. That's why Mav Fan hates him because when Danny Crawford refs their games, the Mavs lose due to lack of free throw attempts.

Most of the fouls Dirk drew weren't whistles by Crawford, however Crawford was blowing his whistle on Dirk flails more than usual. But if I had to pick one person to ref a Spurs vs. Mavs game, it'd be Danny Crawford.

If Dirk got 21 free throws with Danny Crawford as the lead ref, he probably would have gotten like 40 or 50 attempts in a Salvatore or Bavetta game.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2008, 11:31 PM
timvp keeps stealing my posts.

crc21209
02-29-2008, 01:24 AM
I was really pissed off about this, sure he earned some/most or watever...but their were some questionable ones 2! Timmy gets hacked just as much probably more than Jirk and doesn't get the calls. But for some fucking reason the refs suck Dirk's dick especially on the play where the jackass tripped over himself. :dramaquee By the way, fuck Jason Terry too for being a thug ass bitch. Oh well, end result was the good guys winning still. :smokin :toast

SAtown
02-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Meanwhile, over at Mavtalk... :lol :lol :lol

:lmao Typical Mav fan reaction to a bad loss.

rep
02-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I never watched the game but I normally cringe every time Crawford calls a Pistons game, altho he's lightened up the last like 2 times...

The difference is Dirk plays out on the perimeter and flails those elbows out as much as anyone I've ever seen so he gets more calls while Duncan can actually take the physical play and there are no hand-checks and soft bail outs for post players.

Still unfair, I know...

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 02:39 AM
I never watched the game but I normally cringe every time Crawford calls a Pistons game, altho he's lightened up the last like 2 times...

The difference is Dirk plays out on the perimeter and flails those elbows out as much as anyone I've ever seen so he gets more calls while Duncan can actually take the physical play and there are no hand-checks and soft bail outs for post players.

Still unfair, I know...
Dirk's been going to the rim with aggression for a little over a month now, and had actually improved the team before they traded for Kidd. When he does that he can get calls. It happens too often for it to be chalked up to poor officiating, and the vast majority of the calls he got were completely legit. The Mavs went to the finals in 2006 with Nowitzki being aggressive. If he keeps it up they'll have a chance to go deep into the playoffs, regardless of who their point guard is.

Slippy
02-29-2008, 03:15 AM
What is most fustrating is the 50/50 calls and no-calls that ninetey percant of the time go in Dirk's favour. I think i counted one foul that went the Spurs way. It's just not pretty basketbball seeing a guy constantly bailed out in those type of situations.

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 03:21 AM
What is most fustrating is the 50/50 calls and no-calls that ninetey percant of the time go in Dirk's favour. I think i counted one foul that went the Spurs way. It's just not pretty basketbball seeing a guy constantly bailed out in those type of situations.
Players get rewarded for aggression, wing players and jump shooters doubly so. Dirk's good at drawing fouls, and he's a matchup problem. I'll take Dirk shooting 5-15 any day. If the Spurs play better defense (it wasn't very good tonight) Dirk won't go to the line that much.

Slippy
02-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Players get rewarded for aggression, wing players and jump shooters doubly so. Dirk's good at drawing fouls, and he's a matchup problem. I'll take Dirk shooting 5-15 any day. If the Spurs play better defense (it wasn't very good tonight) Dirk won't go to the line that much.

Different type of calls that im referring to. When he was attacking the rim most of the calls i thought were correct

When you're tripping over guys feet, fading back shooting jumpers that's not aggressive bball, yet he got bailed out . There were couple of times he jumped over backs to get rebounds which usually goes against the aggressor. Then simply muscling guys for the rebound, Dirk got the call. It helps that he sells it but refs need to see through that.

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Different type of calls that im referring to. When he was attacking the rim most of the calls i thought were correct

When you're tripping over guys feet, fading back shooting jumpers that's not aggressive bball, yet he got bailed out . There were couple of times he jumped over backs to get rebounds which usually goes against the aggressor. Then simply muscling guys for the rebound, Dirk got the call. It helps that he sells it but umps need to see through that.
When he stepped on Udoka's foot, that was a bad call. Udoka had fouled him just two seconds before that, so I'm not terribly distraught about it, but it was a bad call nonetheless. Someone went over Bruce's back for a rebound and Bruce got called for the foul. That might have been Dirk, I don't remember. Pretty much the rest of them were legit as far as I remember. There was a lot of bad defense, and like I said, Dirk's a tough matchup who's good at getting to the line when he decides to work at it.

It's not like I completely disagree. I was annoyed at a couple of the late whistles while the officials waited to see if Duncan's shots fell or not. If NBA officials are going to reward aggression, they should be professional enough to do it on both ends. It's really not out of the question to expect a call or two at home. I was actually surprised there were no whistles on that last play, just because of the way the game was going. I didn't realize while watching the game that Dirk had gotten so many attempts, and didn't think he got rewarded for nothing.

polandprzem
02-29-2008, 04:41 AM
Dan is the best leading ref.

I never complained at his work. :tu

Jimcs50
02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I thought the game was pretty well officiated, to be honest, yes Dirk got some good calls, but this is going to happen. A poor ref like Salvator would have called Bruce on the block at the end of the game and given Terry 2 FTs to tie the game.

My point was, AHF whines more than a woman with PMS....yes? :lol

Jimcs50
02-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Screw you Jimcs

he never whines, but tonight was fucking legit.

17 of Nowitzki's 28 points came from the FT line.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

BULLSHIT!!

WTF are you talking about??? AHF never whines??? :rolleyes

SAGambler
02-29-2008, 10:21 AM
No shock here. Spurs get bailed out in the final minute by their three little friends. Duncan runs into Dampier, shoves him with his arm as he loses control of the ball, then puts up a weak shot and gets a foul called on Damp to give the Spurs the lead. Bowen fouls Terry repeatedly on his drive before blocking the shot, the ball appears to have gone off Duncan, yet it's given to the Spurs. That and the two T's earlier which came as a result of Bowen's dirty play, there's your ballgame.

And no, I don't know what Avery was thinking with Kidd on the bench either, not that it would have made a difference...

Let's not even mention the 3 times earlier on the same play Duncan was fouled. Finally on the 4th damn foul, they decided to blow the whistle. Yeah, that's really bailing Duncan and the Spurs out.

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 06:40 PM
The ability of the Mavericks and their fans to complain about officiating after they shoot so many more free throws than their opponent on the road and be completely serious while doing it is just staggering.