PDA

View Full Version : Dirk 21 FTs, Spurs Team 22 FTs

honestfool84
02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
was it just me, or did anyone else notice that dirk shot one less (21) free throw than the entire spurs team combined?(22)

if not for all those free throws, he probably would have scored maybe 14 or 15 points.

:madrun

Beno Udrih
02-28-2008, 11:06 PM
wELCOME TO SPURS VS. MAVS B-BALL

-Beno Udrih

SouthernFried
02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
We have nobody that matches up with him. Most of those free throws were actual fouls (not all.) We have to body him and he was using that to drive sucessfully, we fouled him a lot. He had a pretty good game.

Again, Dirk did it 1 on 1. That is the Mavericks trademark. Quickness, great shooters, lotta good 1 on 1 players (now, that includes Bass...)

Why they are so high on Kidd with a team like this is almost incomprehensible. They are better without him than with him, imho.

MarceloM!
02-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Honest: Nowitzki is great! terrible player and yes , you are right... he made a lot of free throws...

-----------------------------------------------------
MANU T-SHIRTS & GIFTS
http://www.cafepress.com/tshirtmaster/3077393

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Way to go Danny Crawford
-AHF

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Way to go Danny Crawford
-AHF

:lol

timvp
02-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Looked like your typical Spurs vs. Mavs game to me. Luckily, this time Mr. Flail failed.

dirk4mvp
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Are you really bitching about that? Common spur fan will bitch about anything. Any of you spur fans go to the game? Were the wings to saucy? The sodas too flat?

dbreiden83080
02-28-2008, 11:34 PM
WAAAAY to many FT's he shot. He was in a great rythm he did not need the help, out there.

monosylab1k
02-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Are you really bitching about that? Common spur fan will bitch about anything. Any of you spur fans go to the game? Were the wings to saucy? The sodas too flat?
They're worse than a Jewish grandmother.

Beno Udrih
02-28-2008, 11:35 PM
:lol Yet here you are bitching about bitching.

honestfool84
02-28-2008, 11:37 PM
:lol Yet here you are bitching about bitching.

ha. leave it to a dallas fan - to bitch when they think we're "bitching"

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 11:38 PM

I'd like to complain about you using the word "to" in the wrong context, but using the right version 4 words later.

-grammar nazi

Sec24Row7
02-28-2008, 11:39 PM
was it just me, or did anyone else notice that dirk shot one less (21) free throw than the entire spurs team combined?(22)

if not for all those free throws, he probably would have scored maybe 14 or 15 points.

:madrun

he shot 6 for tripping himself...

easjer
02-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't mind being called for fouls if they are committed. I mind being called for a foul when Dirk tripped over his own feet. I mind being called for touch fouls when Spurs players are getting mugged under the basket with no calls.

That is what pissed me off.

Call everything, but call it on both ends of the court. It was ridiculous. There should have been several more fouls called on the Mavs. I'm not about to argue that we didn't foul Dirk a lot - but there should have been more calls for the Spurs on offense.

td4mvp21
02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
What I don't get is Mavs fans complaining about us bitching...you guys would call this "Wade treatment", which is something you all constantly bitched/bitch about. You would all be furious if Duncan had 21 ft's.

Allanon
Most of the fouls were correct...that's what happens when you guard a seven footer with a 6'5" guy.

He is a flopper obviously, especially on that Bowen Jujitsu hand flip.

Shank
ha. leave it to a dallas fan - to bitch when they think we're "bitching"

If your head is that fat, I'd hate to imagine what the rest of you looks like - DAVID.

Pussies up in here complaining about free throws. Were these imaginary free throws called when Dirk was camping out on the 3-pt line or was he actually being assertive and driving? No wait - that can't be. Dirk is only a jumpshooter.

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2008, 11:45 PM
If your head is that fat, I'd hate to imagine what the rest of you looks like - DAVID.

Pussies up in here complaining about free throws. Were these imaginary free throws called when Dirk was camping out on the 3-pt line or was he actually being assertive and driving? No wait - that can't be. Dirk is only a jumpshooter.

I'm gonna tackle this in two parts
1)I don't recall David ever saying he was fat, so the dash shouldn't really go before his name, even though that's mostly technicality

2)Yes he drove, and then at the end takes a fade away over a PG, when he should have drove WTF?

-Trainwreck

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Call everything, but call it on both ends of the court. It was ridiculous. There should have been several more fouls called on the Mavs. I'm not about to argue that we didn't foul Dirk a lot - but there should have been more calls for the Spurs on offense.
+ 1

phyzik
02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
ya Dirk got his calls, but still even I think that last block by Bowen was at least a bit questionable.

Oh well, why bitch? We fucking won even though the mavs didnt get called out on all the man-grabbing they where doing on Ginobili!

fuck the mavs!!!!

td4mvp21
02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
ya Dirk got his calls, but still even I think that last block by Bowen was at least a bit questionable.

Oh well, why bitch? We fucking won even though the mavs didnt get called out on all the man-grabbing they where doing on Ginobili!

fuck the mavs!!!!

That block was all ball.

DespЏrado
02-29-2008, 12:02 AM

fuck the mavs!!!!

Why bitch? Because it has been an ongoing theme between the Mavs and the Spurs. The Mavs have gotten more than their fair share of calls in the last three years. It's ridiculous to call touch fouls on Dirk, when Duncan and Manu get hammered under the basket for the Spurs it just ends up as a lost possession.

honestfool84
02-29-2008, 12:07 AM

if my head is that fat, i'd hate to imagine what the rest of you looks like?
wow - can you get any more immature?

they weren't imaginary free throws - the refs were kissing up to them.

"- DAVID"

nfg3
02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Dirk was great tonight. I have to give him credit tonight and he seems to be coming out of the year long funk he's been in. Though I didn't particularly care for the fact that he shot so many FTs he earned many of them. Hell I've seen many a game where TD got to the line just as many times and with questionable calls too! Though I have to admit I've never seen Timmy trip himself and get the call against the other guy. Maybe he needs to put that in his bag for later. :lol This is just an observation but I've seen this kind of situation many times in the NBA where the superstars get the calls and parade to the line all night long. It happens with some regularity and you're on both ends of it sooner or later.

It's a good thing we didin't have to rely on Elson :dizzy tonight in guarding Dirk at the end or it might have turned out differently.

K-State Spur
02-29-2008, 12:17 AM
with the exception of the one where he tripped over his own feet (and udoka had actually gotten away with a foul earlier on the play), I can't really dispute any of the fouls on Dirk.

HOWEVER, if Duncan had been getting the same treatment, the Mavs entire frontcourt would have fouled out before halftime. They'd have had to suit up Popeye Jones...

dav4463
02-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Don't anybody EVER tell me that Manu is a flopper after watching Dirk fall down every time he thought he might have been touched. Go to the basket like a man. Manu does, yet he's called a flopper. Manu's flops are on defense mostly to draw an offensive foul. Dirk flops every time he drives to the basket, fades away, or is chasing a loose ball. He hits the ground way too much to be that strong.

balemenez
02-29-2008, 12:42 AM
give the seven footer a break, his legs are uneven.

rasho8
02-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Im still waiting for him to hurt himself flopping to the ground. Maybe that will teach him.

Otherwise knocking himself out on his own teammate was pretty amusing. :danceclub

spursfan09
02-29-2008, 12:50 AM
:lol dirk went down so many times tonight a 2 dollar prostitute got jealous.

50 cent
02-29-2008, 12:57 AM
I can't believe the refs didn't give Dirk 2 FTs when he ran into Dampier with .4 to go.

mob
02-29-2008, 01:04 AM
dirk flopped THE OTHER WAY when bowen pulled on dirks arm

pussy.ass.shit

mob
02-29-2008, 01:05 AM
I can't believe the refs didn't give Dirk 2 FTs when he ran into Dampier with .4 to go.

i wish he had broke his nose...or knee on knee

bigfundamental21
02-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Dirk always gets the calls, especially against us. He sells the calls himself a lot of times, but it also has to do with matchups. He is one of those players that is hard to match up with. That being said, I think the Spurs collectively did a great job keeping him from making shots. Yes he made a lot of free throws, but they made him work for it.

crc21209
02-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I was really pissed off about this, sure he earned some/most or watever...but their were some questionable ones 2! Timmy gets hacked just as much probably more than Jirk and doesn't get the calls. But for some fucking reason the refs suck Dirk's dick especially on the play where the jackass tripped over himself. :dramaquee By the way, fuck Jason Terry too for being a thug ass bitch. Oh well, end result was the good guys winning still. :toast

Mister Sinister
02-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Needlessly bitchy thread is needlessly bitchy. Seriously, David, stop breathing air.

-Shagia

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 01:34 AM
I think tonight answered once and for all any questions about Udoka defending Dirk, and certainly answers any questions about Oberto defending Dirk. Fin did a better job one-on one than either of them did against him.

PS The Spurs need to hire a hypnotist to make Michael Finley think everyone he's covering is Jerry Stackhouse. Fin really doesn't like that dude.

honestfool84
02-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Needlessly bitchy thread is needlessly bitchy. Seriously, David, stop breathing air.

-Shagia

how old are you?
ten?

inconvertible
02-29-2008, 02:16 AM
danny crawford will always keep a game close, but usually lets the teams play it out in the end......but we really should have blown these losers out tonight.

mavs>spurs2
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Looked like your typical Spurs vs. Mavs game to me. Luckily, this time Mr. Flail failed.

:wtf??? Ginobili's team won..

Mister Sinister
02-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Sadly, I see what you did there.

Mister Sinister
02-29-2008, 02:21 AM
how old are you?
ten?
You know, if I were ten, I'd be one damn intelligent ten-year old.

sabar
02-29-2008, 02:21 AM
:wtf??? Ginobili's team won..Sorry, that should be Mrs. Flail

T Park
02-29-2008, 02:22 AM

Rewatch how many times Dirk flailed compared to Ginobili.

Mister Sinister
02-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Sorry, that should be Mrs. Flail
:lol Well played.

mavs>spurs2
02-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Comparing Manu's flopping to Dirk's is like comparing a mountain to a mole hill..

Beno Udrih
02-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Comparing Manu's flopping to Dirk's is like comparing a mountain to a mole hill..
Exactly.

Dirk = mountain

Manu = mole hill

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I literally don't remember the last time I saw Manu flop. I'm pretty sure it wasn't this season. I've seen Horry and Bowen each flop a couple of times since then.

Slippy
02-29-2008, 02:34 AM
:lol dirk went down so many times tonight a 2 dollar prostitute got jealous.

haha It was getting ridiculous . The guy was hitting the ground when jumping over Tony Parker.

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Tony Parker still falls on the ground more than anyone in the league. Spurs fans should make a drinking game out of it.

timvp
02-29-2008, 02:54 AM
I literally don't remember the last time I saw Manu flop. I'm pretty sure it wasn't this season.
:dizzy

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 03:00 AM
:dizzy
So you're saying I missed a couple, then? :)

ancestron
02-29-2008, 03:17 AM
K well, you see, Dirk always gets the referees help because he acts like a moist vagina with a flaming yeast infection most of the time, and the refs feel sorry for him, in a slightly attracted, homosexual sort of way.

mavs>spurs2
02-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Did that seriously just come out of your little head?

baseline bum
02-29-2008, 03:21 AM
OMFG, the Mav fans who've whined about Wade's FT in every other post of their's for 2 years now are trying to justify their guy shooting 21 free throws?