PDA

View Full Version : If scrubs like Farmar and Vuitich or whatever

Amarelooms
02-29-2008, 01:06 AM
are gonna play like all-stars and drain 3's and jumpers....forget it...no way to beat the Lakers. :elephant

MajicMan
02-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Not only that but if Dirk continues to play like he has a vagina no way you guys beat us either. Don't worry though Jamal Magloire is here to save the day.

Kobulingam
02-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Hitting over half of your OPEN, IN RYTHME, CATCH AND SHOOT jumpshots is NBA all-star level play?

Amarelooms
02-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Hitting over half of your OPEN, IN RYTHME, CATCH AND SHOOT jumpshots is NBA all-star level play?

THey gonna get open jumpers as you have to double Kobe and Gasol :elephant

Kobulingam
02-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Does anyone know why people are calling Vujacic The Machine? The guy looks like a girl.. that nickname is way too cool for him.

BonnerDynasty
02-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Lakers look like the harlem globe trotters out there against scrub miami.

MajicMan
02-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Does anyone know why people are calling Vujacic The Machine? The guy looks like a girl.. that nickname is way too cool for him.
Lakers commentator Joel Myers nicknamed him that and it just caught on. It's like calling a fat guy "slim". Sasha needs to improve his image so give him a break and let him have a cool nick name.

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 01:24 AM
His shot is automatic, never changes his form no matter where he catches the ball. Hence, the Machine.

N4th4n
02-29-2008, 01:26 AM
His shot is automatic, never changes his form no matter where he catches the ball. Hence, the Machine.

The problem is, he looks like a homo.

Medvedenko
02-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Another solid win versus a shitty team. Nothing more.

MajicMan
02-29-2008, 01:28 AM
He's Italian. All Italians look like homos.

Kobulingam
02-29-2008, 01:29 AM
The problem is, he looks like a homo.

Hahaha. I originally typed that word then I backspaced and typed GIRL instead.

Allanon
02-29-2008, 01:31 AM
If scrubs like Farmar and Vuitich or whatever

Just call him....The Machine.

And I swear, he must whisper sweet nothings to guys he's guarding cuz most of them look like they want to punch him.

EDIT: He's not Italian, he's Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/Yugoslav or whatever it is over there these days.

velik_m
02-29-2008, 01:32 AM
He's Italian. All Italians look like homos.

No and yes.

N4th4n
02-29-2008, 01:34 AM
No and yes.

Mostly yes. I like Andrea, but not only does he have a girls name, he looks like a skirt.

Bob Lanier
02-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Hahaha. I originally typed that word then I backspaced and typed GIRL instead.
Good man there.

J Zone
02-29-2008, 02:47 AM

One of the Lakers announcers gave him that nick as a goof.. Someone needs to remind him that he's still a scrub, because he's been looking like a mini Peja out there. :smokin

itzsoweezee
02-29-2008, 02:49 AM
who the fuck is going to double gasol? that's just silliness. the lakers still aren't that good defensively. teams are going to abuse gasol. lamarcus aldridge made dude look silly.

Allanon
02-29-2008, 02:53 AM
who the fuck is going to double gasol? that's just silliness. the lakers still aren't that good defensively. teams are going to abuse gasol. lamarcus aldridge made dude look silly.

You're right. Pau's no defensive stopper but he's a 7' body clogging the paint. Ronny Turiaf is a pretty good defender but undersized. Lamar above average defender.

Right now the Lakers are all Offense and slightly above average defense.

But they're missing their 2 best defensive players...Bynum and Ariza.

With Odom, Pau and Bynum the interior defense will be excellent. Kobe and Ariza will lock down the perimeter.

Prior to their slew of injuries, Lakers were a top 5 Defensive team and top 3 Offensive team.

ancestron
02-29-2008, 03:13 AM
When Farmar and Vujacic are actually being defended by a team that knows how to play defense, forget it. No way to bet on the Lakers.

anakha
02-29-2008, 03:51 AM
are gonna play like all-stars and drain 3's and jumpers....forget it...no way to beat the Lakers. :elephant

So the Suns fan who trolls as a Mavs fan is now a Lakers fan?

:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

Obstructed_View
02-29-2008, 04:19 AM
It's kind of funny because he wasn't real big on shot selection in previous years. He was kind of 'touch ball, shoot ball' for a while.

batboy
02-29-2008, 04:34 AM
Most of LA's bench would be starters in the East.

EDIT: emphasis: not All-Stars, but starters.

Pero
02-29-2008, 04:45 AM
Vujacic is actually Slovenian (though he doesn't want to play for the national team :rolleyes). Some Laker fans you are. :rolleyes :lol:

velik_m
02-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Mostly yes. I like Andrea, but not only does he have a girls name, he looks like a skirt.

No, as in "he's not Italian"
and yes, as in "All Italians look like homos"

Who is Andrea? I though we're talking about Aleksandar Vujacic?

manufor3
02-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Lakers look like the harlem globe trotters out there against scrub miami.
beat me to it

21_Blessings
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Farmar aint a scrub. And if you think he is, you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

johngateswhiteley
02-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Lakers commentator Joel Myers nicknamed him that and it just caught on. It's like calling a fat guy "slim". Sasha needs to improve his image so give him a break and let him have a cool nick name.

that shit cracked me up the first time i heard it...what nonsense. but it is funny.

Dario
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Ye, Joel said he looks like the rebounding machine when he got 3 or 4 difficult rebounds in a row a couple of weeks back, then he hit a couple of 3s, so he just called him the machine.
A preety nice nickname, i like it :D

nkdlunch
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Farmar is a good player he is better than that faggot "Jet" from Dallas

Shank
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
HUGE win over the mighty Miami Heat.

rAm
02-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Farmar is a great player and a perfect for LA (both the city and the team). Sasha on the other hand looks and acts like a little bitch (most recent example was his hug on Gasol... fuckin akward, weird, and a tad bit gay), but has come a long way from his rookie season so give him props.

Medvedenko
02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah the machine has shown some questionable hugging during big plays. Still, he's a lights out shooter when in a groove and doesn't hesitate.

rAm
02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
OFF TOPIC: Medvedenko that quote in your sig got me thinking. The elite East Coast teams have it fucking easy, they dont have to worry about shit until the ECF, and then they have to worry about one team makes it through the west and is probably too banged up to put up a fair fight. I bet Boston and Detroit would get fucked up if they had to play the whole regular season and playoffs in the west, god damn.

101A
02-29-2008, 01:12 PM
THey gonna get open jumpers as you have to double Kobe and Gasol :elephantThe Spurs will double neither.

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 01:27 PM
The Spurs will double neither.

Bowen cannot guard Kobe 1-1 without help defense. He's able to play aggressive against Kobe because he knows he has help behind him if Kobe blows past him. We're going to use Gasol to bring Duncan out of the paint and if Oberto tries to help we have Bynum WIDE open for a dunk. This is why Pop was so pissed off, he knows what is coming and he knows he cannot stop it.

Agloco
02-29-2008, 01:34 PM
THey gonna get open jumpers as you have to double Kobe and Gasol :elephant

That's the handicap isn't it?

Some teams don't have to double these guys...... or I should say one team in particular doesn't. It's probably a big reason they compete for rings year in and year out..... :toast

rAm
02-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Bowen cannot guard Kobe 1-1 without help defense. He's able to play aggressive against Kobe because he knows he has help behind him if Kobe blows past him. We're going to use Gasol to bring Duncan out of the paint and if Oberto tries to help we have Bynum WIDE open for a dunk. This is why Pop was so pissed off, he knows what is coming and he knows he cannot stop it.

if Gasol is going to play the high-post than Duncan probably wouldn't guard him? Kurt Thomas seems more likely to do that.

ElNono
02-29-2008, 01:55 PM

You are assuming Duncan is going to guard Gasol. This is where you fail. KT is going to be on Gasol for most of the game. You can play pick and roll with Bynum all day, and if we make Bynum a jump shooter from 20 feet, we have succeeded.

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 02:03 PM
You are assuming Duncan is going to guard Gasol. This is where you fail. KT is going to be on Gasol for most of the game. You can play pick and roll with Bynum all day, and if we make Bynum a jump shooter from 20 feet, we have succeeded.

The problem still exists for when Kobe blows by Bowen, who is going to stop him? Ok if Duncan comes and helps you have Bynum wide open. If Thomas covers Bynum then Gasol is wide open. Odom can also slash in the lanes during these scenarios for a wide open layup.

This is not the same team that only had Kwame Brown in the paint who was a complete non factor. You have 3 guys that are going to have to be kept out of the paint. If you pack it in we'll bring in our shooters and rain 3's on you.

I'm telling you what Pop already knows. His defense was not built to stop this kind of offense.

spurscenter
02-29-2008, 02:04 PM

lakers have played easy teams last 10 games

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow well why don't we just not even play games against *subpar* teams? I mean it's not like the Spurs could ever lose to the Supersonics in real life right?

Easy or not, the majority of these games were on the road and a lot of them were back to backs. When you are regularly crushing your opponents by 20 pts that says a lot about your team, BOS was doing that earlier in the year and everyone said the same shit. Then they went 16-0 on the WC.

LakeShow
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Wow well why don't we just not even play games against *subpar* teams? I mean it's not like the Spurs could ever lose to the Supersonics in real life right?

Easy or not, the majority of these games were on the road and a lot of them were back to backs. When you are regularly crushing your opponents by 20 pts that says a lot about your team, BOS was doing that earlier in the year and everyone said the same shit. Then they went 16-0 on the WC.

Reminds me of the 1987 Lakers when they crushed the competition all season long. I Hope it carries over to the playoffs as well.

Kamnik
02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Vujacic is actually Slovenian (though he doesn't want to play for the national team :rolleyes). Some Laker fans you are. :rolleyes :lol:
Fuck VujačIĆ

i would take his passport away and he can stay in LA with his butt buddy Kobe

dirk4mvp
02-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Farmar is a good player he is better than that faggot "Jet" from Dallas

:lol you can keep telling yourself that if it helps you to believe some shit like that.

gmartin02
02-29-2008, 03:09 PM
lakers have played easy teams last 10 games

The last 10 games yes, but both Lakers & San Antonio have played with significant injuries this year, both are tied in the lost column, and the Lakers have had a much harder strength of schedule than San Antonio up to this point

San Antonio's schedule is tougher the rest of the way, but I still think the Laker's & San Antonio will end up about tied for 1st in the West by the end of the regular season.

Medvedenko
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Whoever thinks that Kobe doesn't demand a double is fucking too funny for words. Even the Spurs double Kobe when they can.

George Gervin's Afro
02-29-2008, 04:50 PM

I chuckle when i see laker fans counting on these guys in the playoffs.. Kobe will taken out of the game and these guys are going to consistently knock shots down.,.. I can't wait to play the lakers..

ElNono
02-29-2008, 05:18 PM
The problem still exists for when Kobe blows by Bowen, who is going to stop him? Ok if Duncan comes and helps you have Bynum wide open. If Thomas covers Bynum then Gasol is wide open. Odom can also slash in the lanes during these scenarios for a wide open layup.

Yes, at the top of the key after he set the screen. At that point Bowen already recovered to Kobe, and Duncan is on it's way back to the rim. So if Bynum wants to shoot the 20 ft jumper, be my guest.

ElNono
02-29-2008, 05:23 PM
The last 10 games yes, but both Lakers & San Antonio have played with significant injuries this year, both are tied in the lost column, and the Lakers have had a much harder strength of schedule than San Antonio up to this point

San Antonio's schedule is tougher the rest of the way, but I still think the Laker's & San Antonio will end up about tied for 1st in the West by the end of the regular season.

What's with this whole schedule thing? We're all playing all out against everybody until we clinch a playoff spot.

TheNextGen
02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Sasha must be talkign shit cuz he is about to get punched out by someone every game. lol