PDA

View Full Version : are lakers >>>>>>>wolves?

ducks
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
BOTH have the same record :lol

ducks
01-08-2005, 11:50 PM
wolves lose to wizzards tonight

boutons
01-08-2005, 11:50 PM
both have serious efforts ahead getting into and staying in the WC playoff bracket.

pjjrfan
01-09-2005, 01:20 AM
man, how the mighty have fallen. But it's not too late for both teams to turn it around, Although I doubt the Lakers will make a huge turnaround, the Wolves however are another matter, a couple of wins and they might get back their winning ways.

missmyzte
01-09-2005, 01:28 AM
We'll find out on Monday (please please Lakers win!)

Tek_XX
01-09-2005, 03:34 AM
The Wolves' offense looks really bad. Did anyone see the game against the Allen Iversonless Sixers, man it was a struggle.

Sense
01-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Wolve's are better, for some reason they just haven't gotten the chemistry.

KG isn't being a leader like last year, he just doing his stats.

Without Cassell, the Wolve's might lose, but it's very unlikely.

Rummpd
01-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Wolves at home and steaming over recent losses will blow out the Lakers and still along with Suns and Dallas main WCF threats. They have too much talent to completely disintegrate - don't they?

MadDoc

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Let's put it this way, both teams suck.

Minnesota sucks, LA sucks.....

CavsSuperFan
01-09-2005, 11:22 AM
In regard to Kobe Bryant: How's that solo career working out, Mr. Garfunkel?

exstatic
01-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Neither team "sucks". They just aren't the teams they were last year, and aren't a lock to make the WC playoffs. Either would make it easily in the EC. There are 5 teams that, barring catastrophic injury, will make the WC playoffs: Phoenix, Seattle, SA, Dallas, and Sacto. They are all currently at least 10 games over .500. The other 3 spots will be a dogfight amongst probably six teams: Houston, LAL, Minn, Port, Denver, LAC.

adidas11
01-09-2005, 04:17 PM
It's hard to understand what has happened to Minny. There just isn't any excuse for their current record. I hate to say it, but Flip Saunders has to be called out. It's the coaches job to make sure his team performs as a cohesive unite (with the current talent that they have).

They're underperforming, plain and simple.

As for the Lakers, I'm actually estatic with how they are playing. Of course, they're going to be inconsistent, due to the offseason overhaul, injuries to players on the roster, new coaching regime, etc. At their current pace, they will have a solid shot at making the playoffs, and you can't ask for anything more than that. It's definitely a great start, and bodes well for the future.

Jdspur20
01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
right now, i would have to say the lakers.

Slo spurs fan
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
NBA FORUM

Sequchickenlittleshit

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 04:46 PM
NBA FORUM

Sequchickenlittleshit
lol.

You took Sequ's job.

ducks
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
It's hard to understand what has happened to Minny. There just isn't any excuse for their current record. I hate to say it, but Flip Saunders has to be called out. It's the coaches job to make sure his team performs as a cohesive unite (with the current talent that they have).

They're underperforming, plain and simple.

As for the Lakers, I'm actually estatic with how they are playing. Of course, they're going to be inconsistent, due to the offseason overhaul, injuries to players on the roster, new coaching regime, etc. At their current pace, they will have a solid shot at making the playoffs, and you can't ask for anything more than that. It's definitely a great start, and bodes well for the future.

they will be ok if kobe can learn to share the ball more with odom and learn each more

not a true title contender though

Medvedenko
01-09-2005, 05:37 PM
They ran the triangle against the Rockets....showed very well, everyone involved. The funny thing about that is that Kobe requested it to the coaching staff...

Man In Black
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
This is all anyone needs to remember about the Lakers.

LakerFraud is more like it. Get used to McGrady in LA because that is all you'll be seeing from guy still expecting to appear in CIVIL COURT. His game is going to suffer hardcore without a dominant interior big and if you're one of those blind optimists that say he is the next Jordan, TAKE A BIG LOOK AT THE TALENT ON THE FLOOR. You may or may not have a Pippen in Odom, but you lack a Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Charles Oakley type and a killer shooter like Steve Kerr or John Paxson type. Until Meeatch can find players that have that skill set, I'm feeling 42-47 games won MAX.
And you know what? They are on pace for just what I said...months ago.

Medvedenko
01-09-2005, 05:43 PM
What do want a medal....no one said they were going to win 50+ this year, you tool. Let's look at the McGrady comparisons...where were the Magic last year at the same time....nuff said. Oh, Kobe's work ethic and tenacity is unmatched unlike TMac's disclosure of coasting in games last year. Whatever....thanks again Nostradumbass.

Man In Black
01-10-2005, 02:12 AM
What do want a medal....no one said they were going to win 50+ this year, you tool. Let's look at the McGrady comparisons...where were the Magic last year at the same time....nuff said. Oh, Kobe's work ethic and tenacity is unmatched unlike TMac's disclosure of coasting in games last year. Whatever....thanks again Nostradumbass.
Tell me this Slava. You mad about the record or your lack of playing time?
Tool? Oh I've seen plenty of your kind that said a championship wasn't out of the question. Truth hurts don't it. I don't need a medal. Being right has it's own kind of satisfaction. :fro

missmyzte
01-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Tell me this Slava. You mad about the record or your lack of playing time?
Tool? Oh I've seen plenty of your kind that said a championship wasn't out of the question. Truth hurts don't it. I don't need a medal. Being right has it's own kind of satisfaction. :fro

A true fan of a team will always believe a championship is possible ... Detroit fans had to be insane last year to think a championship was possible and yet, well, stranger things have happened. Is a title realistic? No. Does that stop Lakers fans from hoping and supporting their team? NO.

That was amusing with your Slava remark though, my boy Cookie has really taken all his playing time.

I'll say what I said months ago - this is a more exciting team than last year and I enjoy watching them play a lot more than I did last year.

BTW, are you going to the Lakers/Spurs game next month? I just got my tickets.

Kaster
01-10-2005, 02:24 AM
This is all anyone needs to remember about the Lakers.

And you know what? They are on pace for just what I said...months ago.

Any peewee with a dick can predict a record with a 5 game spread. Whoopitydoo MIB! :lol

Man In Black
01-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Any peewee with a dick can predict a record with a 5 game spread. Whoopitydoo MIB! :lol
What was your prediction peewee?

:elephant

If you want to battle me with solid hoops, I'm game. Problem with you is your showing none at all. Attack me if you will but at least make it intellectually interesting.

Are you saying the fine women who frequent this forum CANNOT PREDICT GAMES? Ease up, you might irritate the wrong people. Hey I could be wrong. Your team could actually win LESS. Isn't the tougher part of the schedule coming up in February?

Kaster
01-10-2005, 04:27 AM
What was your prediction peewee?

:elephant

If you want to battle me with solid hoops, I'm game. Problem with you is your showing none at all. Attack me if you will but at least make it intellectually interesting.

I showcase plenty, you just don't deserve the courtesy a lot of the time. And I said 46 straight up at the beginning of the season, I didn't give a spread. Add a good PF by the deadline and it could be 50, but Lakers would need to get lucky in trade.

Are you saying the fine women who frequent this forum CANNOT PREDICT GAMES? Ease up, you might irritate the wrong people. Hey I could be wrong. Your team could actually win LESS. Isn't the tougher part of the schedule coming up in February?

What the hell do the woman of the FSP forums have to do with anything I just said? :spin

dcole50
01-10-2005, 07:24 AM
right now i'd say the lakers are better than the wolves. i still think the wolves could turn their season around and become a 4 seed, but they're not showing any signs right now.

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Showdown with Timberwolves takes on new feel

By Ross Siler , Staff Writer

If the Lakers are holding down sixth place, the Minnesota Timberwolves are stuck in seventh, and both teams are battling to stay above .500, does a rematch of last season's Western Conference finals even make a sound?
"I didn't even realize that until you just said so,' Kobe Bryant said. "I didn't even think about that. We're both on different paths. They've maintained pretty much their nucleus intact, we're just rebuilding. But it's still a big game for us.'

Eight months after the Lakers eliminated the Timberwolves in six games a memorable series in which Minnesota's Kevin Garnett took turns playing all five positions on the floor the two teams will meet for the first time tonight at Target Center.

The Lakers have turned over 10 of 15 spots on their roster, with Bryant the lone holdover in the starting lineup, and have yet to win more than two consecutive games this season.

The Timberwolves have seen Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell both voice displeasure with their contract situations. They also were labeled the most underachieving team in the NBA by vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale.

Minnesota has won only two of its past nine games, including an 18- point loss to the expansion Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday. The Lakers, meanwhile, gave up a combined 218 points to San Antonio and Dallas last week on the road.

"It's tough out there, it really is,' Lakers coach Rudy Tomjanovich said. "It's hard to win. There's such a logjam right in the middle from top to bottom, a couple games here, a couple games there, can make a big difference.'

The news that Bryant's No. 8 jersey once the NBA's hottest had fallen to 72nd in sales for the month of December made national headlines last week. Not that Bryant was overly concerned when asked about it Sunday.

"My reaction to that is people really seem to want to talk about something that's being blown out of proportion,' Bryant said. "If people didn't buy my jersey, I mean, obviously we've been through a lot.

"I have a base of supporters that will stay with me through thick and through thin. Others do not. It's not something that I lose sleep over. I just go out there and work hard everyday and hopefully one day things will turn back around.'

Lakers forward Devean George, a Minneapolis native, said at the end of last month that he wanted to make his season debut in tonight's game. George has not played since undergoing ankle surgery over the summer.

He practiced Sunday but did not make the trip to the Twin Cities and said his new goal is to return sometime this month, possibly Jan. 19 when the Timberwolves come to Staples Center.

"I'm going through everything: full-court, half-court, all the defensive drills,' George said. "I'm still measuring myself, trying to see what I can do and how strong I am in certain areas. That's not there and my timing isn't, but I'm pleased with my progress.'

The Lakers made limited use of Phil Jackson and Tex Winter's favored triangle offense in Friday's victory over the Houston Rockets and Tomjanovich said fans would see "a lot' of it the rest of the season.

"It's a flow' Bryant said. "It's everybody touching the ball, feeling like they're a part of the game. It's something (Tomjanovich and I) both agreed on. It makes everybody a threat and also they just feel more involved in the game.'

As for the perception that he despised playing in the triangle during Jackson's five seasons, Bryant said Sunday that was not the case.

"That's a misconception,' Bryant said. "Tex and I have an incredible relationship. We're really close. He taught me how to play in the triangle. He was my mentor. I loved the offense, I loved Tex.' Ross Siler can be reached at (818) 713-3607.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Should be a fun game tonight between these two!

MadDoc

ducks
01-10-2005, 10:23 PM
looks like it

take about getting outplayed in the second half

ducks
01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
wolves gave up 38 points to lakers in 4 at their place

awesome d from kg and crew

Sportcamper
01-11-2005, 04:35 PM
So ducks...Enlighten us...How did the game turn out?
:lol :rollin :lol

ducks
01-11-2005, 04:38 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

is that all you can say about how bad they played :lol

picnroll
01-11-2005, 04:46 PM
How about them Bobcats. :lol

SLOVENIAN 8
01-11-2005, 04:47 PM
at least, losing to the Lakers is more acceptable than losing to the lowly Jazz minus AK47 :elephant

a revelation that mehmet can outmuscle the so-called 2-time MVP!

Yea. What about Minnesota losing against Bobcats, Chicago itd......... :lol

Karl Mundt
01-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Okafor>Medvedenko>Garnett

SLOVENIAN 8
01-11-2005, 04:51 PM
BREZEC>Olawo-shit>Garnett

Medvedenko
01-11-2005, 04:53 PM
This is too funny...my boys sure came out firing in the 4th..with Kobe sitting no less... ha, ha, ha....sorry wolvie...I still think once healthy and determined your boys will be alright, but we got you this time...only a few games before they meet again...should be a good game. Mihm-dynasty indeed....

SLOVENIAN 8
01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Mihm-dynasty indeed....

Dynasty of what? --> Loosing?
:lmao :lmao

Medvedenko
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
It's just a play on words....what's "Loosing"...nevermind....

Useruser666
01-11-2005, 05:07 PM
It's just a play on words....what's "Loosing"...nevermind....

Gee, why not try and say that in his country's language and see how it comes out?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2005, 05:08 PM
why wont rudy T play medvedenko? he did good in garbage time against SA, he can still shoot for sure.

and wolves009, KG is nothing but a headcase, and its back to the glory days of 1st rd exits for your team!

SLOVENIAN 8
01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Medvedenko lepo pozdravljen!

Sporočam ti da Lakersi letos nimajo za burek. So ena ekipa ki temelji na enem samem igralcu Bryantu, ki je navadn soler in nč druzga. Tuki je forum od Spursov tko da če maš kšne probleme pejt na forum Lakersov in tam izraži svoje misli. Uglavm Lakersi so navadno sranje.

Kobe--> navadn soler , jebeni k misli da je boga prjeu za jajca

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Useruser666
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
^^^^ Whatever he said! :lol

Medvedenko
01-11-2005, 05:41 PM
English isn't my first language either...however we are on an English speaking board...so I will continue....in English....It doesn't matter anyway....

SLOVENIAN 8
01-11-2005, 05:47 PM
English isn't my first language either...however we are on an English speaking board...so I will continue....in English....It doesn't matter anyway....

So you are from Ukraine or maybe Slovenia?? :lol

Medvedenko
01-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Does it really matter....

ALVAREZ6
01-11-2005, 05:49 PM
It does matter.

Medvedenko
01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Great...I have the european union on my back...no escape....
I'm Polish and I live in Canada. What else do want to know....

TheMagicontinues
01-11-2005, 07:37 PM

Take if from someone who's seen your tired act dude, you don't know the game, Period.

samikeyp
01-11-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't know bro...LakerLanny isn't exactly the best example for upstanding behavior. :)

TheMagicontinues
01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't know bro...LakerLanny isn't exactly the best example for upstanding behavior. :)
More upstanding than your local stalker is. Dude's been sending threatening Emails to my house, used his geek skills to find my email address, More likely he know's a mod at a Laker site, but dude has serious issues.

samikeyp
01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
not more upstanding...just annoying in a different way. :)

samikeyp
01-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I am having fun bro but if someone is sending you nasty emails over this.....that is wayyy outta line.

TheMagicontinues
01-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I am having fun bro but if someone is sending you nasty emails over this.....that is wayyy outta line.
Yea, he's writing threatening type emails, He reminds me of the stalkers you hear about that hunt you down, He's sending threatening emails to my home email address where my kids and family read them, Not cool, Not sure how he got my email address, kinda freaky, he's creepy.

samikeyp
01-11-2005, 11:05 PM
turn him in.

ducks
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
looks like they are still better short team without kobe to