PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bass

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Not bad.

I think he showed a lot of moxie, taking Duncan off the dribble several times.

He's not the good on the mic (his halftime interview was tough to listen to), but the kid looks like he has some game.

TNT's crew said Popeye Jones has taken him under his wing.

maxpower
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Second coming of malik rose with slightly less pump fakes.

TeyshaBlue
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Not bad.

I think he showed a lot of moxie, taking Duncan off the dribble several times.

He's not the good on the mic (his halftime interview was tough to listen to), but the kid looks like he has some game.

TNT's crew said Popeye Jones has taken him under his wing.

Maybe Popey can write his half-time scripts for him too! :lol

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Second coming of malik rose with slightly less pump fakes.
Is this an endorsement or a condemnation?

Question.

Findog
02-29-2008, 12:31 PM
He's not the good on the mic (his halftime interview was tough to listen to

I think he's just shy. I was at the Bulls game on Tuesday and got his autograph during the shootaround portion. I was just trying to make conversation and asked him about Amare saying he wasn't worried about Dallas. He just stared at me for about 10 seconds and finally said "uh, okay."

Nice guy though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2350/2292592125_10e2bd89cd.jpg

SenorSpur
02-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah I saw him in the Mavs summer league. They really like him. It's easy to see why.

wildbill2u
02-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Listening to the game and watching the stats on Yahoo box score pile up, I wondered "Who is this guy?"

I looked him up on NBA website. He's a second year player from LSU, He's been in and out of the roster with a couple of injuries this year. But when he's been on the roster has produced some good stats including double figure scoring.

Maybe this player is why they felt they could lose the inside presence of Diop.

mavsfan1000
02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Occasionally Bass has a game like this but most of the time he is a liability on defense and is a black hole. Maybe he will get more consistent now with Kidd helping him out.

Rummpd
02-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Regular season wonder like his team

ThomasGranger
02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
He also played well when SA lost to the Mavs in December.

Findog
02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Listening to the game and watching the stats on Yahoo box score pile up, I wondered "Who is this guy?"

I looked him up on NBA website. He's a second year player from LSU, He's been in and out of the roster with a couple of injuries this year. But when he's been on the roster has produced some good stats including double figure scoring.

Maybe this player is why they felt they could lose the inside presence of Diop.

Nobody stops Duncan, but he battled him pretty well last night. Duncan scored only 4 of his 31 on Bass. I really was worried when Damp picked up his 4th foul early in the third, I figured Timmy was going to feast at that point. But credit Bass for defending Duncan about as well as you can.

Findog
02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Regular season wonder like his team

:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

Is this insight free or are you going to charge us for your thoughts?

ducks
02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
he is awesome wish he was a spur

td4mvp21
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I liked what I saw. Not very impressed with his defense but he has a nice offensive game, kind of reminded me of Elton Brand. Unfortunately he's on the Mavericks and I'm forced to hate him. Will Avery play him in the playoffs though? I don't know if Avery is gonna trust him, he has no experience.

Findog
02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Bass will get playoff burn, or he should anyway. But with Avery at this point, who knows.

AFBlue
02-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Nice J and quickness, but he's hardly a difference-maker...

I'd put him in the same category as Drew Gooden.

Barbarian
02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice J and quickness, but he's hardly a difference-maker...

I'd put him in the same category as Drew Gooden.

What he said.

SenorSpur
02-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Occasionally Bass has a game like this but most of the time he is a liability on defense and is a black hole. Maybe he will get more consistent now with Kidd helping him out.

Funny you bring this up. I've gotten the same comments from several of my Mavs cohorts. Can't argue his aggreessiveness though. Apparently, he does have the best FG% from 15ft and in. It seems that Mavs track this kind of stat - more of Cuban's statistical palavar.

timmy21_4rings
02-29-2008, 01:57 PM
He has nice shooting touch inside the free throw line. Nice pick-up Mavs

barbacoataco
02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
He looked good. After Duncan sees all those pump fakes a couple of times, they will become less effective. But he is a good young player who can score in the NBA.

SAGambler
02-29-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd kinda like to have him come off the bench with Manu. Has a good in between game.