PDA

View Full Version : Nets on SUN

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm going to this game and although the Nets suck, I wonder if Coach Lawrence Franks realizes that Devin Harris and D. Diop are Spurs killers.

Not to mention that Vince Carter seems to play really well against San Antonio and his buddy, Bruce Bowen.

FromWayDowntown
02-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm going to this game and although the Nets suck, I wonder if Coach Lawrence Franks realizes that Devin Harris and D. Diop are Spurs killers.

Not to mention that Vince Carter seems to play really well against San Antonio and his buddy, Bruce Bowen.

I'm not sure that the Vince Carter stuff is historically true. Carter averages 19.1 against the Spurs in 12 games since Bowen joined the crew, but it takes him 18 shots per game to get to that number and he shoots 37% over those shots. Carter has put up points on the Spurs, but in that time, he's only had one phenomenal outing, a 43 points on 24 shots night in February 2005. He also had a 34 point game in January 2006, but he took 29 shots to get 34 points.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 01:27 PM
I was there that night in 43. That was the night Bowen stepped under his foot and Vince was forced to leave the game.

The shot attempts argument is nonsense, by the way, easily countered by the fact that no one guards Bowen on the other end.

I'm more interested in the Harris/Diop angle of this game.

T Park
02-29-2008, 02:29 PM
The shot attempts argument is nonsense, by the way, easily countered by the fact that no one guards Bowen on the other end.

Taking 18 shots to get 19 is good?

Boy Ginobili with his 21 shots and his 17 last night must've been fantastic.

FromWayDowntown
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM

That argument has nothing to do with what Bowen is doing offensively. It has everything to do with Bowen making a team's scorer hoist up bunches of shots to get his points, denying his teammates opportunities to score.

You seriously underestimate the significance of forcing offensive inefficiency.

T Park
02-29-2008, 02:37 PM
but but but but but he got 19!!!

doldrums
02-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I will be at the game as well

Brutalis
02-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Have fun Ghost, nail a fat hooker for me.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 04:00 PM
That argument has nothing to do with what Bowen is doing offensively. It has everything to do with Bowen making a team's scorer hoist up bunches of shots to get his points, denying his teammates opportunities to score.

You seriously underestimate the significance of forcing offensive inefficiency.
As much as you overrate shot attempts for a fvcking shooter.

Oh, and that Bowen is essentially useless on the offensive end, allowing defenses to sag.

FromWayDowntown
02-29-2008, 04:38 PM
As much as you overrate shot attempts for a fvcking shooter.

Oh, and that Bowen is essentially useless on the offensive end, allowing defenses to sag.

Sure. A guy who consistently needs 30 shots to score 30 points is pretty much the same player as a guy who needs 20 shots to score 30 points.

:rolleyes

I still have no idea what Bowen's offensive output has to do with this issue. Bowen isn't here to score points -- he's here to make great scorers work hard for their points. His effectiveness is generally measured by how many shots it takes a scorer to get those points -- generally, but obviously not always.

If Bruce Bowen scores zero points, it doesn't make Vince Carter's 19 shots to score 19 points somehow a more effective outing.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
If Bowen "held" Carter to 19 and scored 5, that would be, like, awesome!

Spursofthemoment
03-02-2008, 03:46 AM
I'm going too! I'm far too excited....and I should be asleep right now. :lol

ss1986v2
03-02-2008, 04:05 AM
If Bowen "held" Carter to 19 and scored 5, that would be, like, awesome!
if bowen held cater to 19 points on 20+ attempts and then somehow managed to score -4 points, it would still be nice...

GSH
03-02-2008, 05:47 AM
I was there that night in 43. That was the night Bowen stepped under his foot and Vince was forced to leave the game.

I get so sick of hearing that horseshit. I'll have to pull a couple of clips on Carter. But the Suns fans talk that same stupid crap about Bowen. Check out these two clips. Look at the end of the first one, where Nashy steps under Bowen when he is shooting a 3 pointer.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0ReZ0TZoQ

And the second one where Nashy goes ninja on Kobe Bryant.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9BcqV_bwXY&feature=related http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/jaysmyspacepictures/gifs/32222203487.gif

That shit happens all the time in basketball. It's almost impossible to flash out on a 3-point shooter without getting your feet near his when he lands. You need to come up with something more creative than "Bowen is dirty" to explain why your teams can't win. It's ignorant, and it's boring.

Ghost Writer
03-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Bowen is a superior one-on-one defender who gets away with cheap shots based on his reputation. Oh, and he is an extreme liability on offense. Look at his season and career averages and don't puke.

I'll look for you fellow Spurs fans today!

xamila rey
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
hi there! i am going to the game too. this is my first game.
Ghost writer or doldrums, do u know what time to go to see the players
and get an autograph??
thanks in advance...

ElNono
03-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm going too... see you all over there.

xamila, you need to go about 1 1/2 hours early. They normally open the doors about 1 hour early (which is borderline late to get an autograph). Hurry down and hope you can catch somebody for an autograph before they go back into the locker room.

Ghost Writer
03-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Go to this place before the game for a taste of home:

Chevys Fresh Mex

365 Route 3 East & Main Ave
Clifton, NJ 07014

Phone: (973) 777-6277

Margaritas!!!

ElNono
03-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm gonna have to skip the Margaritas, as I'm coming from down south on the Turnpike. But I'll keep the address around. The wife is from San Antonio and we like to find nice Mex places in the area, so I'm sure we'll check it out sooner or later.

xamila rey
03-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you Gosth Writer!
i wrote down ur number, in case i make it
i will definately call u. I am going with my dad,
and i am not sure what time we are going yet.
I think we should all go for some margaritas,
it would be cool to meet some of u from the forum.

Noelia~

peskypesky
03-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Go to this place before the game for a taste of home:

Chevys Fresh Mex

365 Route 3 East & Main Ave
Clifton, NJ 07014

WTF!!! Chevy's sucks a--!

I'd recommend Taco Bell over Chevy's. Seriously.

T Park
03-02-2008, 12:43 PM
chevys is a taste of home?

wow :lol

ChuckD
03-02-2008, 01:16 PM

Not to mention that Vince Carter seems cry a whole lot against San Antonio and his buddy, Bruce Bowen.
FIFY

mikejones99
03-02-2008, 04:23 PM
GSH, great avitar. swamps of jersey is tough place

Ghost Writer
03-03-2008, 11:09 AM
FIFY
Bowen could not hold Carter at all yesterday, as evidenced by Bowen's fouls.