PDA

View Full Version : Sunday April 13, 2008 the two best teams in the NBA will meet

carib
02-29-2008, 03:52 PM
The defending Champs going up against the hot young Lakers

Sunday April 13, 2008 the two best teams in the NBA will meet.
If both teams are healthy and the race for home court is still close, O what a game it will be.

StoneBuddha
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM

If both teams are healthy and the race for home court is still close, O what a game it will be.

This game reperesents a two game swing in the standings between the Spurs/Lakers since the Spurs already lead 2-1 head to head and the Lakers have the better conference record. I'm already looking forward to it!

carib
02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Dallas and Phoenix are no longer a concern for the Spurs. The biggest concern for the Spurs in the west is the Lakers.

ancestron
02-29-2008, 03:58 PM
This is real close to the end of the season though. Depending on how things shake out as far as seeding, this could be a snoozefest while starters rest for playoffs.

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 04:07 PM
So the Lakers are playing the Pistons?

honestfool84
02-29-2008, 04:15 PM
So the Lakers are playing the Pistons?

no, stupid. they're playing the spurs.

get your head out of kobe's butt crack and read.

carib
02-29-2008, 06:21 PM
This is real close to the end of the season though. Depending on how things shake out as far as seeding, this could be a snoozefest while starters rest for playoffs.

I want to agree but the way both teams are playing right now its going to be close leading up to the end of the regular season.

remingtonbo2001
02-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Sunday Sunday Sunday....

Monster Truck Rally!

MajicMan
02-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Doubt Laker rest their players. They have guys coming back from injury they need to incorporate back into the line up. I think it's going to be hella tight by then. Dog fight all the way.

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
no, stupid. they're playing the spurs.

get your head out of kobe's butt crack and read.

somebody doesn't get the joke

honestfool84
02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
it was a stupid joke.

Agloco
02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
somebody doesn't get the joke

The only joke in these parts is you and your flaming Lakers. Not much comprehension needed......

honestfool84
02-29-2008, 07:22 PM
The only joke in these parts is you and your flaming Lakers. Not much comprehension needed......

dude.
can i get a first and last name of the chick in your signature?
please?

:toast

carib
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Its building up to be a good one on 04-13-08 the Spurs and L.A are even, and trust me both team wants home court advantage. It looks like Pop is still playing with the line up, and Andrew Bynum will just be trying to get back in the mix for L.A So look forward for a good one.

ancestron
03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Beat LA

bdictjames
03-11-2008, 08:52 AM
No, on the contrary, I think Houston and Boston are the two best teams in the NBA. Detroit, San Antonio, and LA square up the top 5 (in no order between these three)

Obstructed_View
03-11-2008, 09:18 AM
dude.
can i get a first and last name of the chick in your signature?
please?

:toast
Paloma Fiuza. Her nickname is Pops.

carib
03-11-2008, 09:24 AM
No, on the contrary, I think Houston and Boston are the two best teams in the NBA. Detroit, San Antonio, and LA square up the top 5 (in no order between these three)

Houston has the weakest schedule in the west, and Boston has no experience.

Matchman
03-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Houston has the weakest schedule in the west, and Boston has no experience.

where were you when the rockets has the toughest schedule from Nov to Jan?

carib
04-12-2008, 05:05 PM
I talked about this game months ago some people said this late in the season it would mean nothing, but trust me on 04-13-08 it will be a taste of the playoffs. Both teams want Home Court Advantage.

Allanon
04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Nobody's resting any starters tomorrow, nothing's decided in the West. Of course there will be bragging rights as well. You might say Bragging rights mean nothing but the reality is it's the difference between "We can beat you" versus "we have a chance at beating you".

Let's also not forget:
Lakers can still drop as low as #3
Spurs can still drop as low as #6

Great game tomorrow, hope you're all hyped up.

ps. Did I hear "Houston" and "Detroit" as the best teams in the NBA? Detroit is way overrated this year. Detroit is good but they're no better than the West top 7 teams. T-Mac ... yes it's going to happen again this year.

boutons_
04-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Impossible to say how Pop will coach it. I would think he has had enough of blowouts by WC teams. Or he could be completely in "don't care" mode.

Spurs are playing for HCA at least in rounds 1 and 2, and perhaps in WC Finals.

If Den can beat both HOU and MEM @DEN, all 8 WC teams will have won 50 games.

Amazing.

Has any other season achieved that?

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Would a 1st round matchup with the Jazz w/ HCA be the most optimal matchup for the Spurs? If so we could be seeing the Spurs in full out tank mode Sunday.

midgetonadonkey
04-12-2008, 06:31 PM
honestfoot is the worst poster in ST history.

Princess Pimp
04-12-2008, 07:56 PM

Not even a contest Lakers by 27

Lakers_55
04-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone! this is my first post and I won't be here often, I am extremely busy in real life. I have been looking around for some good basketball boards that aren't full of 12 year old members that fill up team boards with juvenile banter. I was at AOL once, garbage everywhere. MSN Fox Sports is the same, but we did get a private board from them with 21 members so far, and we are having intelligent discussions. Been a Laker fan since the 60's, yeah, I was born in 1955....

So anyway, I won't be stirring up any trouble here in your backyard, will treat all serious fans with respect and ignore anyone who razzes me. I don't cater to attention seekers.

So, although my loyalties lie with LA, I will be respectful to every decent Spurs and basketball fan here. SA has had a great team for years, and if you win it all this year, you may claim dynasty status and will go down as one of the great teams in NBA history. If so, who would you like to beat in the finals? I say the Celtics would be the most satisfying for you. However, I don't see them getting into the last dance. Boston hasn't won in 22 years. Their early history was pretty good when the NBA was young. Since they rebuilt in the 70's and then again in the 80's, they only won 5 titles, and never repeated after their first and only dynasty. Matter of fact, they held home court advantage in the east many times and didn't advance in quite a few:

1971-72 56-26, Finished 1st in NBA Atlantic Division: Lost to Knicks in eastern finals
1972-73 68-14, Finished 1st in NBA Atlantic Division: Lost to Knicks in eastern finals
1974-75 60-22, Finished 1st in NBA Atlantic Division: Lost to Bullets in eastern finals
1979-80 61-21, Finished 1st in NBA Atlantic Division: Lost to Sixers in eastern finals
1981-82 63-19, Finished 1st in NBA Atlantic Division: Lost to Sixers in eastern finals
1987-88 57-25, Finished 1st in NBA Atlantic Division: Lost to Pistons in eastern finals

Celtics had the east best record in 74, 76, 81, 84, and 86 and won titles. Best in east in 85 and 87 and lost in finals. Successful teams rebuild in a few years, Boston used to be one. This season they were fortunate McHale didn't want to trade Garnett to LA. Your current team is good for a few more years. be interesting to see you rebuild again, you keep doing it. Boston has shown they can't in years and they are getting older...

However, who really cares about tomorrow's game, it's mostly for bragging rights anyway. As noted already, Spurs and Lakers can win titles without homecourt. That doesn't mean we can't watch and enjoy it and know no matter the result, the real season starts next week!

manufor3
04-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Nobody's resting any starters tomorrow, nothing's decided in the West. Of course there will be bragging rights as well. You might say Bragging rights mean nothing but the reality is it's the difference between "We can beat you" versus "we have a chance at beating you".

Let's also not forget:
Lakers can still drop as low as #3
Spurs can still drop as low as #6

Great game tomorrow, hope you're all hyped up.

ps. Did I hear "Houston" and "Detroit" as the best teams in the NBA? Detroit is way overrated this year. Detroit is good but they're no better than the West top 7 teams. T-Mac ... yes it's going to happen again this year.
+1

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
No Manu, no Horry, no Barry, regular season road game at a highly touted opponent.

Looks like a perfect game for the Spurs to win!!!!!

Summers
04-12-2008, 08:32 PM
No Manu, no Horry, no Barry, regular season road game at a highly touted opponent.

Looks like a perfect game for the Spurs to win!!!!!
:lol

But seriously, I've been out for a while... have you had any SPAM visions lately?

Edit: Nevermind. :) Some kind soul sent me the link.

Spider TX
04-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Dallas and Phoenix are no longer a concern for the Spurs. The biggest concern for the Spurs in the west is the Lakers.

Keep telling yourself that Phoenix is no concern for the Spurs, especially after those last 2 games, particularly the 4th quarter of both. Make yourself sound dumber.

LilMissSPURfect
04-13-2008, 08:38 AM
[/QUOTE]the real season starts next week![QUOTE]

weeeez got to saddle up!!!