PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Tony's Relationship

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Off the court, are these two buddies?

Whenever I watch the Spurs play, I don't see those two exchanging on-court pleasantries too much.

And on all my Spurs DVDs, those two compliment everyone else, but not each other.

Do you think there is a friendly rivalry there?

Question.

Spaceman Spiff
02-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Don't know, don't care. I doubt they are best buddies, Tony is Hollywood and Manu is about as low key as it gets.

They interact on the court plenty. I think their rivalry is overblown by the fans.

E20
02-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Manu vs Tony thread.

samikeyp
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Tony hates Manu
[/church of Manu]

No, Manu hates Tony
[/church of Tony]

:smokin

jcrod
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Off the court, are these two buddies?

Whenever I watch the Spurs play, I don't see those two exchanging on-court pleasantries too much.
And on all my Spurs DVDs, those two compliment everyone else, but not each other.

Do you think there is a friendly rivalry there?

Question.

I see them do it quite often. But i don't think they're buddies off the court.

Holt's Cat
02-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Why does it matter? They both suck according to you.

Solid D
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
There are times where it sort of appears that TP is "icing" Manu but Pop has a way of correcting these things...like calling 2/4 rub or 2-elbow or 4-down.

vander
I always wonder that too, I think they coexist nicely because they are both team-players, because it's working pretty damn well, and because of Duncan and Pop; but deep down inside, they are in heated competition with one another over who is the better and more important player on the Spurs.

Ghost Writer
Why does it matter? They both suck according to you.
No, you suck according to me.

And I am just curious.

I think friendly competition is good and brings out the best in players.

Others think there is a rift between them?

I was not aware that this has been discussed.

And for the record, Manu > Parker.

Holt's Cat
02-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Sure, anyone who bothers to expose your stupidity must suck for you.

Agloco
02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Really close........

http://www.unbf.ca/clubs/baseball/ball_images/DSCF0103.sized.jpg

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
They are friends off the court. And they actually know that fans think they hate each other and I know in the past that they have laughed about some of the crap written on message boards about it.

They don't hang out together all the time off the court, but they are friends off the court.

BigVee
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Without getting into who is better, etc.....I watch them when one is out of the game and the other on the court. While they both will clap for other players...rarely do I see them show much enthusiasm for what the other does on the floor. This may mean absolutely nothing, but I have always found it odd.

remingtonbo2001
02-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Tony hates Manu
[/church of Manu]

No, Manu hates Tony
[/church of Tony]

Church of Tim: How does that make you feel?

FromWayDowntown
Where are all those pictures of Tony hugging Manu from behind and of Manu kissing Tony on the head?

FromWayDowntown
Church of Tim: How does that make you feel?

I prefer to call it the Temple of Timmy.

dbreiden83080
02-29-2008, 04:38 PM
They are friends off the court. And they actually know that fans think they hate each other and I know in the past that they have laughed about some of the crap written on message boards about it.

They don't hang out together all the time off the court, but they are friends off the court.

Kori who is Duncan closest to on the team that you know of???

Ghost Writer
Yeah, I think they are fierce competitors and because they both can lay claim to the "second star" tag, they push each other.

duncan228
I prefer to call it the Temple of Timmy.

Works for me.
As long as I can continue my Duncan worship. :)

Solid D
02-29-2008, 04:39 PM
My inside source, Mr. Bottomtooth, says that Jonathan Chow told him that Manu and TP are cool with each other.

duncan228
02-29-2008, 04:39 PM

As far as I've heard it's Bowen.
But Kori will know better than me.

ancestron
02-29-2008, 04:42 PM
There are times where it sort of appears that TP is "icing" Manu but Pop has a way of correcting these things...like calling 2/4 rub or 2-elbow or 4-down.

Do you know what they call the play where Pop crosses his hands together like he's giving a hug then he gives the "jerkoff" motion with his left hand?

I think thats the play they ran to force overtime against NY a while back.

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 04:43 PM

Probably Bruce. I'm not sure.

But a lot of them hang out together - play poker, video games, go to movies, play paintball, etc.

I know many people might think Tony has a Hollywood attitude, but he really doesn't. He's actually down to earth, nice and friendly. His parents raised him well. Manu is also extremely friendly - he might be the nicest Spur outside of DRob. I know some people don't like the "good guys" image, but the Spurs are mostly good guys.

jcrod
02-29-2008, 04:44 PM

This is what i meant by buddies of the court. I believed they were friends, but just didn't hang out.

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 04:45 PM
This is what i meant by buddies of the court. I believed they were friends, but just didn't hang out.

I've seen them at the movies together. Is that hanging out enough? :lol

Shelly
02-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Tony and Manu hate each other because Tony is with ATT and Manu is still a Time Warner customer...

MaNuMaNiAc
02-29-2008, 04:47 PM
EDIT: wrong message :lol

Holt's Cat
02-29-2008, 04:47 PM
What kind of thread is this? Does Ghost think they are dating?

jcrod
02-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I've seen them at the movies together. Is that hanging out enough? :lol

:lol Well shit, i guess my assumptions were way off.

roycrikside
02-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll get suckered in here, so here goes...

I think ON THE COURT sometimes Tony resents that Pop still trusts Manu more in big moments. And I think Manu resents that Pop won't go to him until he absolutely has to, to "save" the game. It's this constant struggle. I'm sure Manu wishes Tony would pass it more, especially on the break and Tony wishes Manu not improvise so damn much and just establish certain hot spots on the floor like Tim or Bruce have.

OFF THE COURT I don't think they have any problems though and they can separate their on court personalities from how they are as regular people.

jcrod
02-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Do you think Parker ever get frustrated his number hardly ever gets called at the end of games and always goes through Manu?

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I also think that it's no coincidence that Ginobili had his best stretch as a pro (wait for it)...

with Parker on the sidelines.

Nothing like flourishing without your starting PG.

Extra Stout
02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I have a theory that Ghost Writer is a character on the television show Lost. He currently is going through a flash where he thinks it is 2004.

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I also think that it's no coincidence that Ginobili had his best stretch as a pro (wait for it)...

Well that actually makes perfect sense that he would because he doesn't have to share to the touches with Jacque Vaughn.

But Manu averaging 30ppg is not better than both of them averaging 20.

roycrikside
02-29-2008, 04:56 PM

More shots, more minutes, more responsibility. He also had back to back 37 point games without Tim Duncan. It doesn't mean anything, as far as the team goes. All Manu going off without Tony or Tim playing does is show you that Ginobili is a fucking great basketball player. For the team to win the championship though, all three have to play and play well.

Manu is good enough to be the best player on a 48 win team, I think and maybe, if everything aligns perfectly, take them to the 2nd round of the playoffs. But winning the whole championship is a whole other animal and he'd need much more help. You see what guys like Kobe have done by themselves.

timvp
02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
:rolleyes @ Tony vs. Manu thread.

The two players have as much chemistry as two all-star guards playing in a bigman dominated offense can possibly have. It's not always perfect but they do a good job of not stepping on each other's toes.

Off the court, I've never heard of an issue between the two. They aren't best friends because they both mostly just hang around with family outside of basketball but there isn't any jealousy or dislike involved on or off the court.

Ghost Writer
All of Dirk's numbers are up with Kidd.

Isn't a playmaking PG supposed to enhance his teammates' play?

Question.

Kori Ellis
I think ON THE COURT sometimes Tony resents that Pop still trusts Manu more in big moments. And I think Manu resents that Pop won't go to him until he absolutely has to, to "save" the game. It's this constant struggle. I'm sure Manu wishes Tony would pass it more, especially on the break and Tony wishes Manu not improvise so damn much and just establish certain hot spots on the floor like Tim or Bruce have.

OFF THE COURT I don't think they have any problems though and they can separate their on court personalities from how they are as regular people.

That might be close to correct, but I think "resents" is way too strong of a word for it. I don't think it's that serious at all for either one of them. Just something that might irk them once in a blue moon.

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Question.

Tony Parker is a shooting PG. Manu is a playmaking shooting guard. Neither one of them are Jason Kidd, thankfully.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
:rolleyes @ Tony vs. Manu thread.

The two players have as much chemistry as two all-star guards playing in a bigman dominated offense can possibly have. It's not always perfect but they do a good job of not stepping on each other's toes.

Off the court, I've never heard of an issue between the two. They aren't best friends because they both mostly just hang around with family outside of basketball but there isn't any jealousy or dislike involved on or off the court.
Talk about your vanilla answers.

It's not a "vs" thread.

It's a "what do you think" thread.

It can't be argued that there is a bit of a rivalry there and that's not such a bad thing.

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM

That's probably closest to accurate.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Tony Parker is a shooting PG. Manu is a playmaking shooting guard. Neither one of them are Jason Kidd, thankfully.
And that's why Manu is better. I'd be p1ssy towards Parker, too.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Did you two just hi-5 after you posted that?

Question.

Kori Ellis
And that's why Manu is better. I'd be p1ssy towards Parker, too.

You'd be pissy toward Michael Jordan. You aren't exactly an example of someone that's easy to get along with. :lmao

jcrod

Question.

How many times do we need to go through this.

Two different types of PG's. Tony is a scorer, what the Spurs need for this offense. Not a distributer.

Holt's Cat
So is Ghost unveiling a new non-issue to bitch about for the rest of the year?

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 05:02 PM
How many times do we need to go through this.

Two different types of PG's. Tony is a scorer, what the Spurs need for this offense. Not a distributer.

He doesn't get that Tony Parker hits 50% of his shots .. Pop wants him to score.

Jason Kidd hits 30-something% of his shots .. thankfully for him, he can distribute.

timvp
02-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Question.The Spurs don't have a playmaking offense. In the motion offense, the most Parker can do is penetrate and find open shooters. Ginobili can screen and roll and find players cutting to the basket. Neither has the freedom in the offense to consistently make plays.

This isn't Utah, New Orleans or Toronto where a perimeter player has the ball 85% of the time and is asked to create plays for everyone. With the inside-out offense the Spurs run, Duncan is the closest thing the Spurs have to a true playmaker.

timvp
02-29-2008, 05:06 PM
It can't be argued that there is a bit of a rivalry there and that's not such a bad thing.What language is this in?

whottt
02-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Does anyone have that picture of Tony hugging Manu in the hallway that was the cause of much grief for Spurfan a couple of years ago?

Everyone thinks Tony freezes Manu out but that's Pop that does that...and it's taken years for Pop to get Tony to do that as much as he wants him to do it...Tony still probably becomes to passive about it for Pop's taste.

I don't think there's any resentment whatsover...Tony is extremely level headed and patient(and he was right to get pissed about the Kidd pursuit by the way), and well aware of what makes this team go.

Manu is a consumate team player who cares less about scoring than all of his fans do...he literally does not care about it. He's just as happy to make an awesome pass as he is to hit a shot. What he does he thinks the team needs...

If you told Manu that it would help the team win if he bawked like a chicken during timeouts...he'd do it, and he'd do it with a near insane determination.

The only sort of rivalry there might be is that Manu maybe thinks he needs to do more to carry the team, nightly, to keep up with the perception of what Tony and Tim do nightly...and might want that opportunity more than he gets it. But again...Manu is not the type to resent someone over something like that...he's the type that will play even harder over something like that.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I realize all this... but let's be fair.

Pop went to the motion to play to his personnel's strengths as you all dutifully pointed out.

Pop would have to switch things up a lot to accommodate a Jason Kidd type of PG.

P.S.

Do the Ellis's share the same CPU? I can picture you two fighting over the mouse. "No... let me tell his @ss off, honey!"

Holt's Cat
02-29-2008, 05:08 PM
The Spurs don't have a playmaking offense. In the motion offense, the most Parker can do is penetrate and find open shooters. Ginobili can screen and roll and find players cutting to the basket. Neither has the freedom in the offense to consistently make plays.

This isn't Utah, New Orleans or Toronto where a perimeter player has the ball 85% of the time and is asked to create plays for everyone. With the inside-out offense the Spurs run, Duncan is the closest thing the Spurs have to a true playmaker.

Right, the Spurs moved away from 4 down years ago and Ghost thinks it just happened last year.

whottt
02-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh and

GW = :dramaquee

Kori Ellis
02-29-2008, 05:09 PM
P.S.

Do the Ellis's share the same CPU? I can picture you two fighting over the mouse. "No... let me tell his @ss off, honey!"

No, we have four computers in one room :lol

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:10 PM
What language is this in?
You can't follow a triple negative?

:lol

I think that it's awesome that a different Spur has led the team in scoring in 3 different seasons, as TNT pointed out last night.

I also think that Manu is extremely selfless to come off the bench when needed.

whottt
02-29-2008, 05:10 PM

He did more because he needed to do more..as he's done for his entire career. Manu doesn't care about putting up 30point per night...he cares about winning. I mean sure he likes getting the acolades...but he gets them already from his fellow players. All the 30point games do is show people that don't know the game how good he is...the ones that know the game already know it, and have for years.

Manu is a lot like David Robinson when it comes to the way he views how a team should work...a whole lot.

He's not some humble guy that thinks he's not that(good), even though he may say the right things...he knows he's damn good, at the same time, he doesn't feel compelled to prove it every time he steps on the court just for the sake of proving it.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Right, the Spurs moved away from 4 down years ago and Ghost thinks it just happened last year.
... to accommodate a PG that doesn't get assists, a SF who can't shoot, a replaceable C, a SG who's the most versatile player on the team and a PF that, um, does everything well.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
He did more because he needed to do more..as he's done for his entire career. Manu doesn't care about putting up 30point per night...he cares about winning. I mean sure he likes getting the acolades...but he gets them already from his fellow players. All the 30point games is show people that don't know the game how good he is...the ones that know the game already know it, and have for years.
I have no idea what you just said, but I think Manu definitely raised his game, because he had to.

timvp
02-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I realize all this... but let's be fair.

Pop went to the motion to play to his personnel's strengths as you all dutifully pointed out.Pop went to the motion offense in 2000. It predates both Tony and Manu. Pop has always wanted Duncan to be the lead decision maker.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Pop went to the motion offense in 2000. It predates both Tony and Manu. Pop hasn't always wanted Duncan to be the lead decision maker.
I think Pop went to the motion out of necessity, allowing his best player to dicate the offense. It just so happens that Parker and Manu are perfect fits for that style of play.

If you are really in CT, let's hang. We can go to the Gold Club. I won't tell Kori if you don't tell.

whottt
02-29-2008, 05:17 PM
... to accommodate a PG that doesn't get assists,.

Tony could get more assists in a different system...what's more important to you, how many assists Tony gets, or whether or not the Spurs win?

Get out of 2003.

And hey...how about that Giricek signing?

Holt's Cat
02-29-2008, 05:17 PM
... to accommodate a PG that doesn't get assists, a SF who can't shoot, a replaceable C, a SG who's the most versatile player on the team and a PF that, um, does everything well.

Maybe Parker doesn't rack up big assist totals because the offense takes the ball out of his hands?

Bowen doesn't shoot well when he's hitting 40% from behind the arc?

Holt's Cat
02-29-2008, 05:18 PM
My God, how have the Spurs won 3 titles in 5 years with all these players who suck?

Mister Sinister
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
My God, how have the Spurs won 3 titles in 5 years with all these players who suck?
We cheat, duh. Don't you listen to Suns fans?

ancestron
02-29-2008, 05:32 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/spurs-topper-1.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/p1spurs.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/Manu-Mo.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/untitled-1.jpg

Id say they get along fine.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Duncan

and then D-Rob, Manu and Parker.

Ghost Writer
02-29-2008, 05:38 PM

Wonders of PhotoShop®.

Solid D
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM

...but Manu and Tony aren't making eye contact in any of these photos. :stirpot: :angel

Cherry
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
...but Manu and Tony aren't making eye contact in any of these photos. :stirpot: :angel

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2597/209413910dx8.jpg

jcrod
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM

LOL!

Agloco
02-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Proof positive. Look, Tony's even got some tongue action going..........

jag
02-29-2008, 07:49 PM

But a lot of them hang out together - play poker, video games, go to movies, play paintball, etc.

I know many people might think Tony has a Hollywood attitude, but he really doesn't. He's actually down to earth, nice and friendly. His parents raised him well. Manu is also extremely friendly - he might be the nicest Spur outside of DRob. I know some people don't like the "good guys" image, but the Spurs are mostly good guys.

Dont know much about any relationships cause i dont live in SA anymore, but i flew down to SA and watched the spurs play the grizz in the beginning of january and met Tony at a Red Robin. He was there with Eva( i didnt realize she's absolutely tiny like 5'1"ish) but either way...Tony is a really nice guy, i told him i was from TN and flew down to watch the game and he asked who i was pulling for, i just laughed and said the Spurs and that i used to live in SA. Didnt talk to Eva, didnt really care to, she looks busted without makeup.

Whole point of this story is he's a really nice guy, didnt seem bothered or anything, no one was making a big deal about him and he didnt expect special treatment. He actually played a video game that was in the corner for about 15 min while he waited for a table.

td4mvp21
02-29-2008, 07:51 PM

That was in 2003, before the rivalry! :stirpot: :stirpot:

porscha
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/350slk/SPURS-PISTONS-G7-1.jpg eva absolutely hates it :lol

Civilfatman
02-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I remember reading an interview that Manu Ginobili did and him saying that he was closest to Tony Parker off the court out of all his teammates. I remember that because I thought for sure he would say Oberto.

ClingingMars
02-29-2008, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjpvXynyVHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7RAI5xJ7uc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCelYVAQdQ&feature=related

eh

-Mars

TMTTRIO
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
I remember reading an interview that Manu Ginobili did and him saying that he was closest to Tony Parker off the court out of all his teammates. I remember that because I thought for sure he would say Oberto.

I don't recall him saying that. I do remember early on he was saying that he was very close friends with Rasho, Sean Marks, and Hedo because they were all foreigners kind of in the same boat as he was (of course now they're all gone). I think they get along fine both on the court and off of it but I wouldn't say they're best friends.

ClingingMars
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Wonders of PhotoShop®.

GW just lost all respect in my mind. Hello ignore feature.

-Mars

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
The commentary of some in this thread leads me to believe they haven't played much team sport. I say that because you can't play as tightly as these guys play if you don't like your teammates. Sure, they are professionals, and they have a job to do, but you can just tell these guys get along off the court by looking at the way they relate on the court. The sort of cohesion these guys display, especially with their backs against the wall, demonstrates their commitment to each other as human beings.

Calling Manu and Tony's relationship into question just seems to me to be the sort of muck-raking to be expected of Nuggets trolls*.

*the lowliest trolls - worse even than Lakers and Mavs trolls... :lol

ShoogarBear
02-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Is this what passes for a good, stimulating thread these days?

ClingingMars
02-29-2008, 09:12 PM
The commentary of some in this thread leads me to believe they haven't played much team sport. I say that because you can't play as tightly as these guys play if you don't like your teammates. Sure, they are professionals, and they have a job to do, but you can just tell these guys get along off the court by looking at the way they relate on the court. The sort of cohesion these guys display, especially with their backs against the wall, demonstrates their commitment to each other as human beings.

Calling Manu and Tony's relationship into question just seems to me to be the sort of muck-raking to be expected of Nuggets trolls*.

*the lowliest trolls - worse even than Lakers and Mavs trolls... :lol

I agree, I played Varsity HS FB for 3 years, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I will take the friendships I made there to the grave.

Everyone who is a sports fan needs to play a sport at one time in their life to truly understand the concepts of team sports.

-Mars

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-29-2008, 09:15 PM

:oops

greens
02-29-2008, 09:36 PM

He didn't say Oberto? Was that interview really recent, like from this season or last season? That's awesome!

By the way, to keep the pictures coming because I really like these two players!:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_1690/GAME-4-SPURS-CAVALIERS-60.jpg
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_1690/GAME-4-SPURS-CAVALIERS-54.jpg
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_1690/GAME-4-SPURS-CAVALIERS-61.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070615/capt.cbcd3e5b45924ec28da4ba1a114e3e8d.aptopix_nba_ finals_spurs_cavaliers_basketball_cda135.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8721/cda2450615011024x768fg9.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3265/fulljgetty74165827mw106uc4.jpg
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3738/31596635cl8.jpg

itzsoweezee
02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
those are some dope shoes http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3265/fulljgetty74165827mw106uc4.jpg

beirmeistr
02-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Does anyone have that picture of Tony hugging Manu in the hallway that was the cause of much grief for Spurfan a couple of years ago?

Everyone thinks Tony freezes Manu out but that's Pop that does that...and it's taken years for Pop to get Tony to do that as much as he wants him to do it...Tony still probably becomes to passive about it for Pop's taste.

I don't think there's any resentment whatsover...Tony is extremely level headed and patient(and he was right to get pissed about the Kidd pursuit by the way), and well aware of what makes this team go.

Manu is a consumate team player who cares less about scoring than all of his fans do...he literally does not care about it. He's just as happy to make an awesome pass as he is to hit a shot. What he does he thinks the team needs...

If you told Manu that it would help the team win if he bawked like a chicken during timeouts...he'd do it, and he'd do it with a near insane determination.

The only sort of rivalry there might be is that Manu maybe thinks he needs to do more to carry the team, nightly, to keep up with the perception of what Tony and Tim do nightly...and might want that opportunity more than he gets it. But again...Manu is not the type to resent someone over something like that...he's the type that will play even harder over something like that.
I think that since Tony is such a master at carrying out Pop's instructions, to somebody not in the know it appears that he is ignoring Ginobili in the first 2 quarters of the game.

greens
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Isn't it the usual pattern for Tony to roll at the beginning of the game, while Timmy maintains his solid self throughout the entire game, and Manu finishes the game in the fourth quarter...so it's like, tony=beginning, timmy=throughout, manu=finisher...

bigfundamental21
02-29-2008, 10:22 PM

I would say Bruce too. They are always playing one on one together during warm-up and seem to get along the best.

doldrums
02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't recall him saying that. I do remember early on he was saying that he was very close friends with Rasho, Sean Marks, and Hedo because they were all foreigners kind of in the same boat as he was (of course now they're all gone). I think they get along fine both on the court and off of it but I wouldn't say they're best friends.

ehhh Parker is a foreigner too

greens
03-01-2008, 12:02 AM
ehhh Parker is a foreigner too

Rasho, Marks, Hedo are all older guys. Tony is the youngster of the team.

Personally, I think Manu and Tony are good friends off the court. The way they act towards each other and how they talk about each other in interviews shows that. They were the first Spurs players to hug after winning the 2007 championships. Also, recently, Manu even shoved Jason Terry out of the way after he pulled a cheap shot on Tony.

I remember when Manu was a guest on Tony's french radio show a few years back, you could hear it in the way they were doing the interview that they are close. They were joking around the whole time. And also, Manu was trying to speak French a little bit while Tony was saying thanks in Spanish. If anyone wants to listen to the radio interview, here is the link:

http://www.tp9.net/en/multiaudio2.htm

scroll down to 10/12/04

ducks
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
do you want them to have a "kid together"

kobe_bryant
03-01-2008, 01:35 AM
lovers and friendssssssssssssss - Usher

WalterBenitez
03-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Tony hates Manu
[/church of Manu]

No, Manu hates Tony
[/church of Tony]

Both are great players, the only difference is in those games when Manu sucks he pass the ball to TP, when TP sucks he keep shooting never watching Manu.

For the record: We don't even recognize Church of Tony :wakeup

WalterBenitez
03-01-2008, 05:13 AM

Only Manu kiss TOny, he never kissed Manu?? :oops

WalterBenitez
03-01-2008, 05:16 AM

Do not Drink Manu from that bottle ... He is a poisoner! :lmao

WalterBenitez
03-01-2008, 05:17 AM

Nop .. shoogarBear ... we need some humor after Official Scola's thread was removed :lol

SpursFan0728
03-01-2008, 05:36 AM
i have seen Eva and Manu's brother sitting together for games...
I assume that Parker and Manu's relationship shouldn't be too bad...

1Parker1
03-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I heard they dated in 2005 for about two weeks. But it didn't work out....

1Parker1
03-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I will say this, on the court, the Spurs Big 3 possibily have the best chemistry and balance out of any "Big 3" the NBA has seen in a while.

You have your traditional big man in the post who can dominate the middle, and you have a point guard who can penetrate the lanes and dish out to open players or finish at the rim and a SG who can make step back 3's, mid-range shots, and finish the game off for you. Oftentimes, when a team's top 3 players talent and what they bring to the table usually overlap eachother. But with the Spurs, it's very, very complementary to one another.

kace
03-01-2008, 10:14 AM
obviously, it's a manu vs tony thread by GW.

manu's fan don't like tony. Tony's fans (and i know them, i'm from france) love manu. A lot of manu's fan are groupies.

anyway, TP ALWAYS praises Manu (look at his fansite). and not in a diplomatic way. he always uses very strong words to say all the good he thinks about manu in interviews. he once even said he sometimes sees manu as his brother.

polandprzem
03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
No, we have four computers in one room :lol

So who occupies the other two?

:wink

Ghost Writer
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
GW just lost all respect in my mind. Hello ignore feature.

-Mars
That was a joke, c0cksvck@!

SequSpur
03-01-2008, 07:40 PM
another gay..............topic..

smeagol
03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Shaq and Kobe got along better . . .

greens
03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
obviously, it's a manu vs tony thread by GW.

manu's fan don't like tony. Tony's fans (and i know them, i'm from france) love manu. A lot of manu's fan are groupies.

anyway, TP ALWAYS praises Manu (look at his fansite). and not in a diplomatic way. he always uses very strong words to say all the good he thinks about manu in interviews. he once even said he sometimes sees manu as his brother.

I'm a Manu fan that likes Tony. I'm a Tony fan that likes Manu...I guess I'm one of the few...

But yeah, I do see what you mean, though.

oboymeetsogirl
03-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Manu and Tony love each other because:

1. Timmy pulls them, and everyone else, together (I don't think anyone in the NBA touches his teammates -- albeit, with manly affection -- as much as Duncan).

2. Pop says they *have* to love each other... plain and simple.

deadratsam
03-02-2008, 12:30 AM
If my imagination had a printer, then we'd have a hell of a lot more pictures in this thread.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Oh I'm sure Tony and Manu are a hair away from this happening on the bench...
qPwAAn7FiGY

hvndYr0q648

:dizzy

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Oh I'm sure Tony and Manu are a hair away from this happening on the bench...

:dizzy

Your username says it all!