PDA

View Full Version : Lue to be axed from the Kings...

BillsCarnage
02-29-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/750129.html

Kings waive point guard Lue
By Sam Amick - [email protected]

Last Updated 5:26 pm PST Friday, February 29, 2008

Print | E-Mail | Comments (23) | Digg it | del.icio.us

The Kings announced Friday afternoon that the team placed Tyronn Lue on waivers.

Lue's agent, Andy Miller, said earlier in the day he and the team were close to a buyout of the point guard's contract. Terms of the agreement are not known.

Lue, who was part of the Feb. 16 trade that sent Mike Bibby to Atlanta, leaves the Kings with the expectation and hope of joining a playoff-bound team, according to his agent. Or at the very least, a team without so much competition at his position.

Lue - who was scheduled to earn $3.5 million this season - was one of three Kings point guards with expiring contracts, along with Beno Udrih and Anthony Johnson.

Lue, 30, is in his 10th NBA season and was released before the Kings played the Mavericks Friday night. Miller, said he doesn't know yet where Lue is headed next, but the deadline by which he had to be waived to possibly be added to a playoff roster was Friday afternoon.

"We're looking to have a deal done today," Miller said by phone earlier Friday. "We've obviously started to get the phone calls, but we're not there yet. I just want to get everything finished with Sacramento. I just appreciate that (Kings basketball president) Geoff (Petrie) was willing to work with us under the circumstances."

Someone else who could help the Suns that will likely go to another contender and make them deeper while the Suns wallow in trying to figure out their 7man rotation.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Lue would really help the Suns.
That being said, he'll sign with Golden State.

LakeShow
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
The Lakers should pick him and bring him back home!

DazedAndConfused
02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
The Suns should definitely pick this kid up. Perfect backup for Nash, move Barbosa to the SG spot where he belongs.

mavsfan1000
02-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Mavs got the cash to offer Lue. :)

LakeShow
02-29-2008, 09:36 PM
the more I think of it, Lue would be a nice pickup for the Lakers. More experience in the backcourt. Lue and Fisher were the point guards for the most dominating team in NBA playoff history. Pick him up Mitch!

Jeremy
03-01-2008, 01:38 AM
The Suns should definitely pick this kid up. Perfect backup for Nash, move Barbosa to the SG spot where he belongs.

That would be a very small backcourt, though (Lue/Barbosa).

K-State Spur
03-01-2008, 03:24 AM
Lue's best asset has always been as a high energy, quick defender. He's made himself into an adequate 3 ball shooter, but playoff defense likely takes that away from him. However, the defense was still there. He'll always be remembered for the job he did on Iverson in the Finals.

Admittedly, I have not seen him play much this year, does he still bring that at 30?

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Sounds like the Nuggets have interest. Not sure whether it would be a good move but id like to see Carter get less minutes.

We would have 4 point guards. Carter/Atkins/Lue/Green

JamStone
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Why are any fans of any team excited at the possibility of getting Tyronn Lue? All the player movement has made fans trigger happy for player additions.

You guys do realize that it's Tyronn Lue, don't you?

ATXSPUR
03-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I like lue...I remember how impressed I was with the job he did on Iverson in the finals coming off the bench.