PDA

View Full Version : Enough about Rasho!

rr2418
01-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey everybody, lets all ease off from bashing Rasho. He's not the best player the Spurs have had in that position, but nonetheless he's contributing and doing his own thing. Unfortunately, the guy before him is an allstar and had a great carreer! HE CAN'T OR ISN'T THAT PLAYER!! He does contribute to the team, but I guess when stats don't show him scoring 15pts and 12 rebs a game, he's not doing much according to some of you guys. Lets support the Spurs, yes, all the players, and enjoy the successful season thus far, and hope for greater things to come. :)

Slo spurs fan
01-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Agreed!

SequSpur
01-09-2005, 11:16 AM
No.

Slo spurs fan
01-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes!

----------------------
Just fuck off baby!

Kori Ellis
01-09-2005, 11:37 AM
No one expects him to get 15 and 12 or be an AllStar. How about just some consistent effort?

samikeyp
01-09-2005, 11:39 AM
You are right rr, he is not an all-star but he can be better. He can be more aggressive and Kori nailed it, he needs to be consistent.

Kori Ellis
01-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't even care if his numbers aren't consistent. I just want his effort to be.

boutons
01-09-2005, 11:47 AM
"needs to be consistent."

Not just RN, but whole team needs to be more consistent. That "effort" against DEN, esp the all-important defense, the Spurs' strongest, differentiating point, was weak enough to allow 30 pts in the 3rd qtr. And for those touting the Spurs offense, for playing their starters much more than usual, 99 pts was also very weak.

While Rasho is currently an easy target for the same dickheads to keep shooting at (notice bitching has no result, it's just the dickheads main pleasure), the Spurs have higher priorities to work on.

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 11:53 AM
No.

:lol :lol :lmao :lmao

SequSpur
01-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Sometimes the puzzle piece just doesn't fit.

Rasho is not a Spur, even though he is.

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Sequ will always hate Rasho.

Sequ, if rasho had a triple double, what would you do?

A triple double against the Heat?

( i know he never will come close,) but even if he did, u would still hate him??

SLOVENIAN 8
01-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Sometimes the puzzle piece just doesn't fit.

Rasho is not a Spur, even though he is.

:eyebrows :nope :flipoff

samikeyp
01-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Rasho could have a quadruple double in the Finals and be named MVP and Sequ would say "yeah but he missed 2 ft's" :lmao

Rummpd
01-09-2005, 12:08 PM
"No one expects him to get 15 and 12 or be an AllStar. How about just some consistent effort?"

Perfectly said - 8-10 pg + 8-10 rebounds would be enough if he brought it everynight on BOTH ENDS. His biggest upside is that he could be even better defensively.

MadDoc

samikeyp
01-09-2005, 12:09 PM
although if he gets 11 boards and the Spurs win, I will take it! :)

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 01:19 PM
He got those 11 boards in 3 plays because he went up soft and missed several times. He needs to step up or the Spurs start looking at other options. What about Tyson Chandler from the bulls?

xcoriate
01-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Chandler could work out, good rebounder sho blocker with size. Pipe dream though.

Brodels
01-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Enough about Rasho!

This from the person who started yet another thread about Rasho.

Hey everybody, lets all ease off from bashing Rasho.

Not until he looks like he cares. Not until he lives up to his potential. He's got size and skills. If he could figure out what to do with them, he could be one of the best centers in the league.

He's not the best player the Spurs have had in that position, but nonetheless he's contributing and doing his own thing.

He's not contributing enough. All I ask is that he brings some effort every night and that he does all of the little things. And he needs to bring some toughness to the table.

Unfortunately, the guy before him is an allstar and had a great carreer! HE CAN'T OR ISN'T THAT PLAYER!!

Not one poster on this forum expects him to do what Robinson did in his prime. If he could come close to what Robinson provided when he was stiff and physically fucked up just about everyone would be happy.

He does contribute to the team, but I guess when stats don't show him scoring 15pts and 12 rebs a game, he's not doing much according to some of you guys.

The stats don't. And you know what? If you watch the games, you'll see that he could be doing a lot more of the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet. What about getting in position to get an easy basket when the guards get in the lane? What about going up strong to the hoop and finishing with authority as his size indicates that he should be able to do? He could do all of the little things AND fill up the stat sheet without ever having a played called for him. He's got the body and the ability.

He just doesn't have the mental capacity to be a really good basketball player. That's really the issue here.

Lets support the Spurs, yes, all the players, and enjoy the successful season thus far, and hope for greater things to come.

I support the Spurs as much as anyone. I criticize sometimes because I want them to get better so they'll win a championship. I'm not happy with their current play because I'm not convinced that it will bring a championship. And that's what I want for the team, myself, and the city of San Antonio.

There are inferior centers in the league to be sure. And Rasho isn't a terrible player. But he needs to start doing the things he needs to do in order to make an impact on the court. There are few other seven footers that are as invisible as Rasho.

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Rasho needs to go up stronger on both ends of the floor. He may not need to dunk but atleast go up strong. And if you foul, try and not give up the And1 too.

There is no excuse for his play. Saying, "Well there are worse centers out there!" is poor logic. If the Spurs as a whole were only an average team would you cut them the same slack? I still have an ounce of patience left for him. He needs to show up for the next five games. After that, there are no more excuses.

Karl Mundt
01-09-2005, 01:44 PM
9.25 rebounds in 24 minutes last 4 games. If you want to focus on the positive.

3.5 points in the same span though. If you want to focus on the negative.

Most people like to focus on his weaknesses. Some even make them up, like saying he's a poor defender. He's having a pretty horrible season on the offensive end, but some people really believe his only asset is his 7 feet of length. People who know Spurs know Pop doesn't play people who he thinks are doing bad regardless of how much they make, so i would like to know what some of these people who call Rasho worthless think of Popovich for still allowing him to play 25 minutes a game, he must be practically retarded compared to these basketball genuises who see how utterly useless Rasho is on both ends of the court.

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 01:47 PM
9.25 rebounds in 24 minutes last 4 games. If you want to focus on the positive.

3.5 points in the same span though. If you want to focus on the negative.

Most people like to focus on his weaknesses. Some even make them up, like saying he's a poor defender. He's having a pretty horrible season on the offensive end, but some people really believe his only asset is his 7 feet of length. People who know Spurs know Pop doesn't play people who he thinks are doing bad regardless of how much they make, so i would like to know what some of these people who call Rasho worthless think of Popovich for still allowing him to play 25 minutes a game, he must be practically retarded compared to these basketball genuises who see how utterly useless Rasho is on both ends of the court.

Yes, but how many key times is he on the floor? How many fourth quarters? I don't think Pop has given up on him and neither have I. But like I said my patience is wearing very thin.

2centsworth
01-09-2005, 01:53 PM
The guy is so focused on defense and rebounding, he has lost all confidence in his offense. His D an rebounding have been decent over the past few games.

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 02:05 PM
He needs to step up. Not even comparing him against anyone else but himself, his stats this year are lower than his OWN averages!

ChumpDumper
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
His offense sucks.

The Spurs' defense is better when he's on the floor.

That's about it.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Rasho is the biggest star of this forum! Almost everything is talking about him.
He is the man! :king

Karl Mundt
01-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Yes, but how many key times is he on the floor? How many fourth quarters? I don't think Pop has given up on him and neither have I. But like I said my patience is wearing very thin.

Most teams will put a smaller line up going into the fourth quarter. Besides that, he's a very poor free throw shooter. And though i wouldn't count Rasho as some sort of a clutch performer, he has always responded very well when Pop used him in the fourth quarter this season. He had a couple of big offensive rebounds in the first game against the Lakers and he made a couple of jumpers in a row against Philadelphia too, those are the two games i remember.

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Most teams will put a smaller line up going into the fourth quarter. Besides that, he's a very poor free throw shooter. And though i wouldn't count Rasho as some sort of a clutch performer, he has always responded very well when Pop used him in the fourth quarter this season. He had a couple of big offensive rebounds in the first game against the Lakers and he made a couple of jumpers in a row against Philadelphia too, those are the two games i remember.

2 games you can remember? How many games have we played so far?

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
. He had a couple of big offensive rebounds in the first game against the Lakers and he made a couple of jumpers in a row against Philadelphia too

I was at the Philadelphia game and i do remember Rasho hitting jumpers at the end.

He kept hitting from the same spot, the right elbow.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Heh, damn new posters complaining about our Janruary bitchfests.

Com'on man, what else are we going to bitch about now?

Jdspur20
01-09-2005, 04:40 PM
with rasho, i i want to see is reb. and blocked shots, i could care less how many points he's scores, cuse the spurs don't need him to score, its reb's and defense.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Actually, the Spurs do need him to make 2 foot shots.

boutons
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Rasho needs to score on putbacks, and on those 15-ft jump shots he's often left open for as the last option. 6 - 10 pts a game for a 7-footer really isn't very much to ask for. Rasho has to do no more than what he did in his first season as a Spur. Very mysterious that his second year, he's not at least matching last season.

rr2418
01-09-2005, 05:46 PM
This from the person who started yet another thread about Rasho.

You have me confused Bro, I never "started" a thread about Rasho! :lol

cmurek
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Rasho is the biggest star of this forum! Almost everything is talking about him.
He is the man! :king

They are in love with him, esspecially sequ!

rr2418
01-09-2005, 07:37 PM
No one expects him to get 15 and 12 or be an AllStar. How about just some consistent effort?

You have to realize that Rasho's going up against different players each game. Players will play him a different way depending on what their trying to do defensively. It also depends on the skill level on the player that's defending him. Rasho might be going against a player who he has had success in the past. Other nights, Rasho might be facing a player he's been unsuccessful against or is a good defender. I think some of the "inconsistency" that some of you are talking about might be brought on more by the opponent then by his play. Rasho is not going to be someone he is not !! Rasho is going to play the game that fits him, and only him, not this or that player. One good example is DR. As big and strong as he was, and as fast as he was, when he was 1 foot from the basket, what did he usually do? Lay it up instead of slamming it home. He didn't have the aggressive attitude that say a Shaq does. DR is DR!! The same goes for Rasho!

T Park
01-09-2005, 08:13 PM
and on those 15-ft jump shots he's often left open for as the last option

Yesterday he had 1 of those at the end of the quarter.

Rasho yesterday brought rebounding and decent defense on Marcus Camby.

Yet, as usual thats not enough.

he could average 12 rebounds a game, wich, everyone whined he wasnt doing well a couple weeks ago, and play good D, and someone will always have something to find to bitch about.

they say yesterday he had 6 shots.

Lets say he makes half and has 6 points.

6 points, makes the difference between a bad game, and a good game??

Unreal.

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Yesterday he had 1 of those at the end of the quarter.

Rasho yesterday brought rebounding and decent defense on Marcus Camby.

Yet, as usual thats not enough.

he could average 12 rebounds a game, wich, everyone whined he wasnt doing well a couple weeks ago, and play good D, and someone will always have something to find to bitch about.

they say yesterday he had 6 shots.

Lets say he makes half and has 6 points.

6 points, makes the difference between a bad game, and a good game??

Unreal.

Camby had 10 points and 15 boards. His season average is 8.8 ppg and 8.8 rpg. How is that good defense on him? Maybe average defense. Rasho meanwhile had 0 points and 11 boards. Some of those boards were missed tip backs. He needs to step up and become atleast consistently average in scoring and rebounding. I want him to atleast have the numbers from last year.

ALVAREZ6
01-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Rasho does need to step up his boards, i dont care about his points.

Rasho is a starting center in the Western Conference.

He only averages 6 boards per game.

1.5 boards per quarter....

SlovenianGuy
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Rasho does need to step up his boards, i dont care about his points.

Rasho is a starting center in the Western Conference.

He only averages 6 boards per game.

1.5 boards per quarter....

Do you actually know that rasho averages 12.7 rebound per 48 minutes?

Some other players for example:
Chris Webber 12.6
Dirk Nowitzki 12.5
Carlos Boozer 12.5
Pau Gasol 12.2
Brad Miller 12.1
Kenyon Martin 11.4

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Do you actually know that rasho averages 12.7 rebound per 48 minutes?

Some other players for example:
Chris Webber 12.6
Dirk Nowitzki 12.5
Carlos Boozer 12.5
Pau Gasol 12.2
Brad Miller 12.1
Kenyon Martin 11.4

Yeah that's a great list of people I rather have than Rasho.

SlovenianGuy
01-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah that's a great list of people I rather have than Rasho.

And pay twice as much for weaker D and better O?

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 09:09 PM

Stats per 48 minutes mean nothing. Tony Massenburg averages almost 11 boards per 48 minutes. How much is his salary?

Yeah and Pau Gasol is not worth his salary. And he sucks defensively.

Radoslav Nesterovic
San Antonio Spurs
Position: C
Height: 7-0 Weight: 255
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 5.5
RPG 6.7
APG 1.0
SPG .34
BPG 1.40
FG% .419
FT% .450
3P% .000
MPG 25.3

Pau Gasol
Memphis Grizzlies
Position: F
Height: 7-0 Weight: 240
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 19.2
RPG 8.7
APG 2.7
SPG .63
BPG 1.53
FG% .512
FT% .772
3P% .000
MPG 34.2

ChumpDumper
01-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Stats per 48 minutes mean nothing.Except when you compare them for the same player.

Rasho is rebounding at about the same rate as last season. His blocks and points are of course down. Certainly he can improve.

Brodels
01-09-2005, 09:12 PM

Personally, I feel that Gasol and Dirk are worth twice as much as Rasho. They might not be the greatest defenders, but they are still ten times better.

The Spurs would look pretty good with Boozer playing big minutes next to Duncan, too.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2005, 09:15 PM
So we're going to pretend every player in the NBA is available?

I'll take Shaq.

Brodels
01-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Um, no. The idea is to look at Rasho's stats and contributions to determine his value compared to other NBA players.

Useruser666
01-09-2005, 09:21 PM
So we're going to pretend every player in the NBA is available?

I'll take Shaq.

It was just a comparrison.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I'll still take Shaq.

MannyIsGod
01-09-2005, 09:45 PM
lmao at the slovenians and their love affair with the stiff. Oh man, I love you guys either way.

65spurs
01-09-2005, 11:01 PM
I hope Yao Ming can join the spurs to form a new two-tower, and then a dynasty...

samikeyp
01-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Rasho is not going to be someone he is not !!

Nor should he. There is, however, room for improvement.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Rasho ave. over 12 rebounds a game?

Dude couldn't average 12 rebounds a week.

Tpark is strange.

Karl Mundt
01-10-2005, 03:10 AM
2 games you can remember? How many games have we played so far?

Yes, but how many key times is he on the floor? How many fourth quarters?

You said it yourself Rasho very rarely plays in the fourth quarter, so i don't see why you expect me to remember a number of them. How many 4th quarters can you remember when he played badly?

johnny00
01-10-2005, 08:15 AM
How is it that any thread involving Rasho is guaranteed to get 2-3+ pages of posts??? For someone who is the quietest player on or off the floor could gengerate this much heat is beyond me.

Useruser666
01-10-2005, 09:26 AM
You said it yourself Rasho very rarely plays in the fourth quarter, so i don't see why you expect me to remember a number of them. How many 4th quarters can you remember when he played badly?

You're getting into a chicken or egg argument. He's not in because he can't score and his defense is not that much greater than Horry in the clutch.

I'm not going Sequ on him just yet, but I want more out of him. Well, atleast the numbers he has shown he can put up in times past.

The Big Chicken
01-10-2005, 10:03 AM
What is up with you guys and numbers. This is not a computer programe, it is a game. A player contributes not only in numbers.

And yes, Rasho is not playing good. But we all know he can do better, now it is up to him and the coach to fix he's play.

Useruser666
01-10-2005, 10:13 AM
What is up with you guys and numbers. This is not a computer programe, it is a game. A player contributes not only in numbers.

And yes, Rasho is not playing good. But we all know he can do better, now it is up to him and the coach to fix he's play.

Welcome The Big Chicken!

Rasho is not only weak on numbers, but also weak on effort. When I bring up numbers I only am comparing him to his own stats last year and in previous seasons with the Wolves. I don't think it is too much to ask that he plays atleast as well as his first season with the team. He needs to show up.

The Big Chicken
01-10-2005, 11:01 AM
I agree he has to show up, but I am telling you that his numbers are down now for the second consucetive year and he is still playing as starter. He must be doing something right. Do anyone knows what is pop's opinion on his performances?

Useruser666
01-10-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree he has to show up, but I am telling you that his numbers are down now for the second consucetive year and he is still playing as starter. He must be doing something right. Do anyone knows what is pop's opinion on his performances?

Pop's opinion is that he was trying to put Rasho in a trade for Tyson Chandler.

ladiesman
01-10-2005, 11:40 AM
This is the same crap we saw from Rasho when he was in Minnesota. He will not get better, he will always be inconsistent. At the end of the season, his "not-so-good-games" will outnumber the good ones....

Ladiesman

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Chandler isn't going anywhere -- and why would they want Curry and Rasho on the same team?

T Park
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
This is the same crap we saw from Rasho when he was in Minnesota.

Actually the crap you saw from him there was he was a good offensive player but a terrible defensive player.

Complete opposite here in San Antonio.

He isnt gonna be traded, the Spurs wont make a trade, hes going nowhere, DEAL WITH IT!

rr2418
01-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm not into stats, so I'm not going to write a bunch of numbers just to impress people, BBuutt, I would like some of you anti-Rasho people to tell me what is it you want him to do? The guy is scoring and playing D. Again, I'm not saying he's scoring in bunches and playing hardnosed defense, but he's contributing. You guys mentioned "lack of effort". Describe "effort". How do you know he's not trying? I know this is a fan forum, but really, how do you guys know there is no effort on his part? What does he need to do for you all to say "Wow!! Now that's effort!".

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
If he made a few 10-footers and tip-ins, that'd be fine.

ladiesman
01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
He always looks lost, well not always, but most of the time he does. Maybe he is trying to hard like Malik last year. IMO he is this year's Turkoglu.

ladiesman

Useruser666
01-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm not into stats, so I'm not going to write a bunch of numbers just to impress people, BBuutt, I would like some of you anti-Rasho people to tell me what is it you want him to do? The guy is scoring and playing D. Again, I'm not saying he's scoring in bunches and playing hardnosed defense, but he's contributing. You guys mentioned "lack of effort". Describe "effort". How do you know he's not trying? I know this is a fan forum, but really, how do you guys know there is no effort on his part? What does he need to do for you all to say "Wow!! Now that's effort!".

Rasho is scoring? Rasho is playing D?

I will say he is doing a slightly better than average job on the defensive end.

Scoring though is a whole nother topic. How many points did he get in his last game? 0 That's how many! His scoring is down significantly. This will hurt the Spurs when his defender will start not respecting him and start sagging off on Duncan. Besides this there is the issue that he doesn't play hard and goes up softly to the basket. I'm not saying he has to dunk every shot, just go up with some authority. You can't draw many fouls with weak arm floaters or tips. You can't score either when those tips don't go in.

Here are Rasho's numbers for his last 10 games.

0pts 11rbs Denver
4pts 7rbs Pacers
4pts 7rbs Lakers
6pts 12rbs Kings
2pts 6rbs Clippers
8pts 7rbs Portland
8pts 4rbs Suns
4pts 5rbs Celtics
6pts 6rbs Wolves
2pts 11rbs Orlando

Now I know numbers aren't everything, but look at them and tell me he is not one of the weaker points of the team. Tell me he shouldn't improve. If a deal to bring a better player in here were available should we not look at it?