PDA

View Full Version : Cuban didn't even notice

GSH
03-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Mark Cuban downplayed Jason Kidd's clutch benching in San Antonio when speaking to a pack of reporters this evening.

From Big Ed Seko's story:

"I didn't even notice, to be honest," Cuban said of Kidd's absence for the final sequence. "All I saw was Dirk wide-open with Tony Parker on him, and Tony Parker grabs the jersey.
"That's why I pay the coach. You've never heard me say a guy should be on the court because of money. You put your best team out there, and coaches make decisions. J-Kidd's been here five games. So I didn't even notice."

Forgive me for questioning Cuban's honesty, but my gut tells me he might be fibbing, kinda like when he repeatedly shot down all the Kidd trade rumors.

Kidd claims he's cool with the decision. Avery emphasized that he has no issues with Kidd and warned MFFLs not to let the evil media poison their minds.

Pure speculation here, but I have a hunch the three parties had conversations to make sure they were on the same page about the situation. Odds are they came to the agreement that, barring injury or six fouls, Kidd would be on the court for all game-deciding possessions for the foreseeable future.

If that's the case, then Kidd's brief stint as a crunch-time cheerleader really isn't a big deal ... unless it costs the Mavs homecourt advantage in a playoff series.
- - - - - - - -

Okay, Mark. You didn't notice that your new All Star PG wasn't on the floor. And you have such complete, unquestioning faith in A.J. that you stay totally out of courtside decisions.

Sorry, that's not correct. But thanks for playing.

BonnerDynasty
03-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Grabbing Jersey = 20 game suspension.

Agloco
03-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Mark Cuban downplayed Jason Kidd's clutch benching in San Antonio when speaking to a pack of reporters this evening.

From Big Ed Seko's story:

"I didn't even notice, to be honest," Cuban said of Kidd's absence for the final sequence. "All I saw was Dirk wide-open with Tony Parker on him, and Tony Parker grabs the jersey.
"That's why I pay the coach. You've never heard me say a guy should be on the court because of money. You put your best team out there, and coaches make decisions. J-Kidd's been here five games. So I didn't even notice."

Forgive me for questioning Cuban's honesty, but my gut tells me he might be fibbing, kinda like when he repeatedly shot down all the Kidd trade rumors.

Kidd claims he's cool with the decision. Avery emphasized that he has no issues with Kidd and warned MFFLs not to let the evil media poison their minds.

Pure speculation here, but I have a hunch the three parties had conversations to make sure they were on the same page about the situation. Odds are they came to the agreement that, barring injury or six fouls, Kidd would be on the court for all game-deciding possessions for the foreseeable future.

If that's the case, then Kidd's brief stint as a crunch-time cheerleader really isn't a big deal ... unless it costs the Mavs homecourt advantage in a playoff series.
- - - - - - - -

Okay, Mark. You didn't notice that your new All Star PG wasn't on the floor. And you have such complete, unquestioning faith in A.J. that you stay totally out of courtside decisions.

Sorry, that's not correct. But thanks for playing.

At that point Cuban had too many tears in his eyes from whining at the refs. I believe him in a literal sense.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2008, 03:17 PM
How is someone wide-open if another player is on him and grabbing his jersey?

td4mvp21
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM

Just about to post that :lol

Agloco
03-01-2008, 03:20 PM

With CubanVision(TM) anything is possible.........

ClingingMars
03-01-2008, 03:22 PM
well, that must be why AJ whines so much. Cuban forces him to.

-Mars

lonestr
03-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Something is not right here with the usual suspects. Especially when Damp and Dirk collided and Damp walked away from Dirk laying on the floor with intent to check if his teammate was O.K. WTF!!

FromWayDowntown
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Tony Parker was just answering the question: What would Erick Dampier do?

SouthernFried
03-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Indicative of the entire Mavs team. I mean, you don't hear the media going to Holt asking him about Manu/Parker/TD being in the game at certain times.

The Mavs are all about individuals and personalities. From Cuban, to Avery, to Terry/Dirk/Stack, etc...it's about what they do individually, not as a "team." I guess that's why they brought Kidd in...but, he has too much stacked against him...from the owner, down.

The Mavs are the anti-Spurs.

batboy
03-01-2008, 07:52 PM

Wide open for a whistle. Dirk shot 21 from the fucking charity stripe. I guess Cubes though he deserved a couple more.

td4mvp21
03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Tony Parker was just answering the question: What would Erick Dampier do?

:lol We have a winner

CubanSucks
03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
You'll have to forgive him, cuban's a little slow. :idiot