PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a fork??

BillsCarnage
03-01-2008, 11:56 PM
The Suns might be just about done...

This Philly game was a key game in the Shaq experiment. If the Suns had any energy, passion or desire they should have beaten the 76ers, but they were as flat as they've been at any point in the season.

With their schedule coming up the could end up with a 6+ game losing streak.

I'm really starting to think the Suns will be the team in the west that doesn't make the PO's. They are horrible right now.

Hey on the bright side if the Suns don't make the PO's they could potentially have two lottery picks..

Oh wait, they GAVE away their actual pick to Seattle to dump KT.. In the off season!!!

remingtonbo2001
03-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Presti looking like the GENIUS he is more and more every day.

SAtown
03-02-2008, 12:01 AM
No forks, but plenty of sporks in the Spurs forum.

JamStone
03-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I think the Suns can still be a 7th or 8th seed... LOL

BillsCarnage
03-02-2008, 12:03 AM
close enough.. A spork would probably be less painful than watching the Suns right now.

Don Quixote
03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Right on. And we're loving every minute of it. Watching Phoenix go down in flames is almost as satisfying as seeing the Silver & Black add yet another trophy to their collection. So how's Shaq working out for the Ringless Wonders?

So, yep, stick a fork in em. Either now, or in the playoffs. But they're done.

Don Quixote
03-02-2008, 12:09 AM
There's comedy: (e.g., Everybody Loves Raymond, 2½ Men (allegedly), old Family Guy, According to Jim (allegedly)).

There's high comedy: (e.g., Frasier, Seinfeld)

There's the highest of comedy (e.g., the hippie dinosaurs on Austin, Texas, public TV).

And then there's http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Enjoy

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
holy crap! i just checked out their remaining schedule :drunk

It's even worse than the Nuggets remaining games.

ElNono
03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
The only guy I feel sorry for is Nash. He's a good guy, wants to win and his window is closing fast. Other than that, I'm loving every minute of it, especially because of Dumbare and tantrum D'Antoni. Now I'm waiting for Shaq to start complaining that he doesn't get enough touches, and that's when you know it's all over.

peskypesky
03-02-2008, 12:29 AM
The only guy I feel sorry for is Nash. He's a good guy, wants to win and his window is closing fast. Other than that, I'm loving every minute of it, especially because of Dumbare and tantrum D'Antoni. Now I'm waiting for Shaq to start complaining that he doesn't get enough touches, and that's when you know it's all over.

I don't feel sorry for Nash. He seemed like a big proponent of the Marion-Shaq trade, so he gets what he wanted.

E20
03-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Shaq is motivated and is really paying off.

A good defensive player and rebounder and scorer and verstaile SF for 90 year old Shaq who can't really do anything, sure paid off. Okay Marion crumpled like a little bitch in the PO's, but at least he helped them reach the PO's.

ElNono
03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Don't despair, help is on the way. Maybe Giriceck can suit up for the next game. :lol

1Parker1
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Shaq isn't the problem. D'Antoni is the problem. If he was a better coach, he would have designed a much better scheme to incorporate Shaq into their offense. However, D'Antoni's continued reliance on Nash and lack of belief in defense hurts the Suns. Really, I wonder what exactly does D'Antoni do as a coach? He seems to have almost no game plan against the opposing team, the play calling and devising seem to be left up to Nash for the most part, and D'Antoni spends more time bitching to the refs and stamping his feet on the sidelines than making neccesary adjustments in games and actually coaching his team.

Suns are way too talented a team (yes even with Shaq) to have made such a drastic turnaround since his aquisition. It has to be something else that's wrong with the Suns; their system.

dav4463
03-02-2008, 01:00 AM
All I can say about the Suns collapse is it couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase!

BillsCarnage
03-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Shaq isn't the problem. D'Antoni is the problem. If he was a better coach, he would have designed a much better scheme to incorporate Shaq into their offense. However, D'Antoni's continued reliance on Nash and lack of belief in defense hurts the Suns. Really, I wonder what exactly does D'Antoni do as a coach? He seems to have almost no game plan against the opposing team, the play calling and devising seem to be left up to Nash for the most part, and D'Antoni spends more time bitching to the refs and stamping his feet on the sidelines than making neccesary adjustments in games and actually coaching his team.

Suns are way too talented a team (yes even with Shaq) to have made such a drastic turnaround since his aquisition. It has to be something else that's wrong with the Suns; their system.
Agreed 100%. And i really believe that D'Ant will be out if they miss the PO's or get bounced in the first round.

However, i don't really see any other coach out there that could get any more out of this current roster than D'Ant does.

And, between Shaq and Diaw's contract this franchise is in a world of hurt for the next 2+ years.

E20
03-02-2008, 01:04 AM
What can you do with Shaq? People are deluding themselves.

Slomo
03-02-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm sorry but on this forum we use these:

http://www.backcountrygear.com/images/SnowpeakTitaniumSpork.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-02-2008, 09:17 AM
:lmao

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Really, I wonder what exactly does D'Antoni do as a coach? He seems to have almost no game plan against the opposing team, the play calling and devising seem to be left up to Nash for the most part, and D'Antoni spends more time bitching to the refs and stamping his feet on the sidelines than making neccesary adjustments in games and actually coaching his team.

:tu

picnroll
03-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I call collusion. Kerr helping Presti out by trading for Shaq, getting the Sonics another lottery pick. Where the hell's the trade committee?

1Parker1
03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
However, i don't really see any other coach out there that could get any more out of this current roster than D'Ant does.

Well, I can't really think of any coachs out there who are available right now except Larry Brown, so I'll get back to you :lol

nkdlunch
03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
a monkey could have done a better management job than Kerr

td4mvp3
03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Well, I can't really think of any coachs out there who are available right now except Larry Brown, so I'll get back to you :lol
jeff van gundy?

The Franchise
03-02-2008, 12:23 PM

I know where your coming from, but even if D'antoni implemented a new system it would take time for players to grasp it. Time they do not have.

peskypesky
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM

Rick Carlisle?

intlspurshk
03-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I will give them 5-8 more games to make conclusion. It's never easy to integrate a slow center in a run & gun team and I think they are still searching for the best game plan. I wouldn't discount on the Suns yet.

SenorSpur
03-02-2008, 04:54 PM
The Spurs will bring forks, spoons, knives and napkins to the dinner party on next Sunday afteroon.

Cry Havoc
03-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I will give them 5-8 more games to make conclusion. It's never easy to integrate a slow center in a run & gun team and I think they are still searching for the best game plan. I wouldn't discount on the Suns yet.

If they take 8 more games to get going, they might be on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Which means they have to play Shaq more just to get in. Which means he has less left for the playoffs.

Don Quixote
03-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Honestly, I kind of want the Nones to right their ship and make the playoffs. They and their semi-educated, half-wit fans provide amusement for us -- well, me at least.

I genuinely enjoy seeing Phoenix win a few games, which results in their fans getting excited and wanting to talk smack. I love reading the weak trash their trolls bring to this board -- their worthless arguments that definitely prove how we suck and they rule, etc.

And then, the inevitable happens -- a Sons playoff exit, often at the hands of San Antonio. And they get real quiet. Suddenly their trash talk is nowhere to be found. And I laugh. For days.

Is this wrong of me, and does it make me a bad person?

1Parker1
03-03-2008, 10:07 PM

I got it; Rick Carlisle.(or however you spell it, too lazy to check right now).

The more I listen to this guy's insights as an ESPN Analyst, the more I am convinced he's still a great NBA coach. In fact, I think he'd be the perfect replacement for D'Antoni as the coach of the Suns. I don't know if he can take the Suns to the Finals (not because of his coaching, but because I am still suspect on the Suns overall talent), but I do think he could make the Suns more competitive and give them a bigger chance to win it all than D'Antoni ever will.

What do Suns fans think??

:smokin

SAtown
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
The Spurs will bring forks, spoons, knives and napkins to the dinner party on next Sunday afteroon.

I can't believe you omitted the most important utensil....

ducks
03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I think aj will coach the suns next season

lurker
03-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I think aj will coach the suns next season
Coach swap. D'Antoni to the Mavericks, Avery to the Suns.

Hilarity would ensue.

Xylus
03-04-2008, 12:25 AM
I would love, love, LOVE, LUV, <3 if Rick Carlisle took over as coach of the Suns.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-04-2008, 12:48 AM
no way :lol He will become the next Nuggets coach :smokin

Lets make a deal. Whoever loses on Wednesday gets to fire their coach and bring in Carlisle :clap

Xylus
03-04-2008, 12:58 AM
no way :lol He will become the next Nuggets coach :smokin

Lets make a deal. Whoever loses on Wednesday gets to fire their coach and bring in Carlisle :clap
Dude, there's no way I lose that bet. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Does anyone think JVG is still a good coach?

Would be interesting to see him pair up with the Suns :lol

dbreiden83080
03-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Chris Broussard, NBA anaylist just said on First take that there is a growing worry in the Suns brass that "Shaq may not have much left", they needed to trade for him to see this in person. He missed time last season and when he got back he was completely mediocre. He was not effective or even close to dominant in the series sweep against the Bulls. When he did get out there this year which was not often, he looked even worse than last year. I have no idea what they saw on tape they made them believe this would be a good move. Kerr's reign as Suns GM may be short and sweet.

hater
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
:lol I thought Marc Cuban was dumb but Suns owner outdid him with some help from Spurs undercover agent Kerr

Cry Havoc
03-04-2008, 02:04 PM
It's already happened. Suns trolls are NOWHERE to be found these days. Heck, even some of the good Suns posters have stopped posting as much.

Amazing how so many people knew this would happen, and yet Suns management thought they were geniuses for pulling this off.

Now, all Miami has to do is retool and they'll be a top 4 seed every year in the East.

rAm
03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Rick Carlisle is a great coach, look what he did with the Pacers year after year even through all the suspensions.

Spurminator
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Does anyone think JVG is still a good coach?

Would be interesting to see him pair up with the Suns :lol

His head would finally explode.

1Parker1
03-04-2008, 02:59 PM
JVG is a good coach also. But I don't think his personality and coaching style will fit in well with the the Suns players.

Rick Carlisle is the best coach, IMO, for the Suns. I don't know how he'd do with the Nuggets. I don't think the Nuggets have enough talent to get far in the WC.

Rick Carlisle is better than half the coaches in the NBA right now. Which makes me wonder why he isn't getting more and more calls for a job...