PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds...

Cry Havoc
03-02-2008, 02:35 AM
That the Suns miss the playoffs this season?

It's a serious question right now.

The Suns are currently the 6th seed in the West and sit just 3.5 games ahead of Denver. A quick losing streak (say, another 2 and 4 spurt bogged down by Shaq, or even a slight injury to one of the remaining Suns) and the Suns might be on the outside looking in.

If Houston continues their winning ways, and Denver gets a sniff of the 8th seed, the Suns might find themselves in a very precarious position.

I still think they will finish as the 6 seed, with Golden State and Denver rounding out the top 8.

Even so, if the Suns fall to the 7th or 8th seed, what's going to happen to the multitude of ego's on this team? Could they withstand a Shaq rant or Amare going off on Nash?

The Suns missing the playoffs would be an incredible treat for Spurs/Lakers/Mavs fans. And now there is a real chance that it could happen. Probably only about a 20% chance, but it is there none-the-less.

m33p0
03-02-2008, 02:46 AM
somehow, the suns would blame this on a hip check by one of the spurs. yup, they'll point to the spurs' dirty play as the reason they will miss the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-02-2008, 09:14 AM
If they extend this losing streak to at least 2 more games then is the time to seriously consider it.

Findog
03-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Of all the teams in the West currently vying for a playoff spot, they have the toughest schedule remaining, so missing the playoffs is a distinct possibility if they can't beat the Sixers at home.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-02-2008, 02:23 PM
They'll get better, eventually. Whether it's this year or next year, it will happen. They have the right pieces, imo.

To answer your question, yea i can see them missing the playoffs. When you add a guy like shaq players have to adapt to playing with him and vice versa.

If they miss the playoffs will that entail that the team, as it is constituted right now, isn't good enogh to win a championship?

No.

They need time to gel, and i'm not sure they have the time to do it this season, especially as tough as it is in the west right now. Any other year I would have said that it'd be a no-brainer that they'd make the playoffs, though. This year, though, there are no breaks. A team like phoenix, who's struggling to get chemistry, isn't given the light of day. Not in the west, it's too brutal a conference.

ChuckD
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I'd LMAO if they missed the playoffs...and had to give their lottery pick to Seattle. After the ATL debacle last year, I think you could officially call them snake bit if that happened.

Kamnik
03-02-2008, 05:50 PM
If any of the core players gets injured for a few games it may happen. I dont think they can win a signle game with nash,amare or shaq injured

nkdlunch
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
who cares? even if they make playoffs, suns are not gonna make it out of the 1st round

Jeremy
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
If any of the core players gets injured for a few games it may happen. I dont think they can win a signle game with nash,amare or shaq injured

We were 3-2 without Shaq. 2-4 with him.