PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy League

Pages : [1] 2

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Got to thinking that it might be time to set up a fantasy league, if only to make sure that a group can get a good draft time on yahoo or some other service. I'm willing to be the commissioner for a league if there aren't any objections to that. Probably not a money league -- just for fun and bragging rights. I'm thinking 12 owners and would prefer that the league be comprised of serious players and not those who will draft a team and then never change a lineup after early May.

Any interest?

Melmart1
03-02-2008, 03:11 AM
I'm definitely in. :)

And I have no objections to FWD being the commish, either. He seems very honest and fair ... for a lawyer ;)

whottt
03-02-2008, 03:33 AM
So we aren't going to do the league we did last year? I had a good time in that league. Not as good as Mel had but still...

I'll do this league and I don't have any problems with FWDT being the commish.

I'll also do that same league we did last season.

The only thing I would suggest if that we suspend adds and drops for the playoffs...all that subbing starting pitchers is too much like work.

yavozerb
03-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Lets at least make it a 25$ entry, then Im in...

TheTruth
03-02-2008, 02:10 PM
you don't want yavozerb in your money league. he'll take all your money.

i'd definitely be in for a free or money league.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
So we aren't going to do the league we did last year? I had a good time in that league. Not as good as Mel had but still...

I'll do this league and I don't have any problems with FWDT being the commish.

I'll also do that same league we did last season.

The only thing I would suggest if that we suspend adds and drops for the playoffs...all that subbing starting pitchers is too much like work.

I'm thinking that this league would look a lot like last year's league. I don't know if there's some particular aspect to last year's league that you want to carry over, but I'd imagine that most of the owners would be the same. The rules could certainly be negotiable, too.

I just want to get the ball rolling -- opening day is less than a month away now and favorable draft times are going to get harder and harder to come by.

As for the money thing, I wasn't contemplating a money league, but I'm not absolute on that issue if it will make the league better.

My biggest concern is deadbeat owners. Even in last year's league, there were owners who drafted teams and then lost interest by mid-May. I would think that we could come up with some sort of disincentives for owners who can't be bothered to change their lineups for months and things like that. It's a much better league if everyone is participating.

slayermin
03-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm in for the $25 league.

macdude06
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
im in a leaguw with the truth and if yall need anyone else let me know

ATRAIN
03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
I would be interested but I have never attempted Fantasy Baseball so if you don't mind having a rookie.

yavozerb
03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
8 here so far...

AFBlue
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I would be interested but I have never attempted Fantasy Baseball so if you don't mind having a rookie.

Someone would have to explain the ROE, but I think I'd like to try it....and I wouldn't quit, no matter how bad I was losing. :lol

Seriously though, someone PM me the rules.

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Someone would have to explain the ROE, but I think I'd like to try it....and I wouldn't quit, no matter how bad I was losing. :lol

Seriously though, someone PM me the rules.

Yeah if someone could post the scoring setup that is usually played. Is it like weekly scoring or what? What gives you points all offense? Like Homeruns, rbi's etc???

yavozerb
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
The categories usually consist of: Avg,HR,RBI,Runs,SB,W,Saves,K's,ERA,WHIP for the week

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I'd be open to suggestions on the categories or other rules, but yavozerb's post gives the usual categories.

If we have 8, I might go ahead and set up the league. Might be tomorrow afternoon before I get it done, but I'll do it.

AFBlue
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
The categories usually consist of: Avg,HR,RBI,Runs,SB,W,Saves,K's,ERA,WHIP for the week

Few questions...

Does any stat carry more weight than the other?

Is it H2H matchups against someone on a weekly basis?

How many pitchers and position players do you draft and play during a given week?

If you already have eight and it doesn't include me, then please just respond to appease my curiousity.

Thanks!

macdude06
03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Few questions...

Does any stat carry more weight than the other?

Is it H2H matchups against someone on a weekly basis?

How many pitchers and position players do you draft and play during a given week?

If you already have eight and it doesn't include me, then please just respond to appease my curiousity.

Thanks!

In the league i am in Hr are worth like 4-5 points? triples 3 doubles 2 singles 1 strikeouts are-1

We play h2h

you usually start 5 pitchers and 2 relief pitchers..a win is worth 3-5 points a loss is like -3 every run given up is worth like -.5...

then u have your 1b,2b,ss,3b,3 of,and 2-4 Utility or Dh players...

this is all a summary the numbers are exact..just an example

yavozerb
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'd be open to suggestions on the categories or other rules, but yavozerb's post gives the usual categories.

If we have 8, I might go ahead and set up the league. Might be tomorrow afternoon before I get it done, but I'll do it.

So, say 25$ per team... :toast

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
In the league i am in Hr are worth like 4-5 points? triples 3 doubles 2 singles 1 strikeouts are-1

We play h2h

you usually start 5 pitchers and 2 relief pitchers..a win is worth 3-5 points a loss is like -3 every run given up is worth like -.5...

then u have your 1b,2b,ss,3b,3 of,and 2-4 Utility or Dh players...

this is all a summary the numbers are exact..just an example

how many open bench slots usually?

macdude06
03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
heres a copy ofthe rules for a non keeper league..just the standard on cbs

Live Draft, 2/7/08 02:30 pm ET.
• 22 Rounds, with 90 seconds between picks.
• Draft robot enabled - picks are made automatically for teams that let the clock expire.

Player Pool: AL and NL Players.
Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, U and P.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year.
Transactions: • Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
Deadline is 30 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions.
• Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
• Trades are subject to a 1-day voting period, where at most 3 objections are allowed. Trades receiving more than 3 objections are sent to the commissioner for approval.
• No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 8/21/08.
(Click Here to set a reminder)

Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.
Playoffs start in Period 24 and last for 2 Periods.
Scoring: Head-to-Head, Points Based System.
Scoring based on total stats each period.
Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Total Points.

Scoring for Batting Categories
1B - Singles 1 point
2B - Doubles 2 points
3B - Triples 3 points
BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
HR - Home Runs 4 points
R - Runs 1 point
RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
SB - Stolen Bases 2 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories
BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -0.5 points
CG - Complete Games 5 points
ER - Earned Runs -1 point
HA - Hits Allowed -0.5 points
INN - Innings 2 points
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
S - Saves 10 points
W - Wins 10 points

macdude06
03-04-2008, 03:12 PM
so like 6 or so bench spots..and you can fill those w/ whatever you want...all pitching all batters or a mix

macdude06
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Roster Limits
Status Min Max
Active Players 5 16
Reserve Players 6
Injured Players 0
Minors Players 0
Total Players 22
Position Min Max Tot
Active C 1
Active 1B 1
Active 2B 1
Active 3B 1
Active SS 1
Active OF 3
Active U 1
Active P 5 7

TheTruth
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
My rules are more complicated. :smokin

TheTruth
03-04-2008, 03:17 PM
oh, and I could get a few more to pay to play.

macdude06
03-04-2008, 03:19 PM
My rules are more complicated. :smokin

dude our rules get complicated..i get confused

T Park
03-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Any more spots open?

TheTruth
03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Ehhh, whatever.

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't think we're talking about a league with points for doing things -- it's a category league. So I go head to head against Melmart and our teams accumulate stats during a week. The stats are accumulated in the 10 categories that yavozerb mentioned. Whichever team has a better cumulative number in each category wins the category; the standings are based on the number of categories you win over the course of a season.

I'm not doing a league with 5 points for a Home Run or whatever. If someone wants to start that league, be my guest, but it's not going to be the league that I start.

How many do I have for a category-based, head-to-head league with no points. I'll concede to yavozerb on the $25 entry.

TheTruth
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll play.

Melmart1
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm in for head-to-head, $25 as FWD stated. So far, officially it is:

FromWayDowntown
TheTruth
Melmart1

who else agrees to these rules?

slayermin
03-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm in for head-to-head, $25 as FWD stated. So far, officially it is:

FromWayDowntown
TheTruth
Melmart1

who else agrees to these rules?

I'm in.

This is the same way we played last season, right?

Melmart1
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm in.

This is the same way we played last season, right?
We haven't agreed on the exact categories yet, but yes it is the same way.

So that means:

FWD
TheTruth
Melmart
slayermin

Who else? Cut and paste the list of names and add yours to the bottom if you will to make it easier to keep track of the number of players. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
FWD
TheTruth
Melmart
slayermin
Blaze

yavozerb
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
count me in...yahoo probably the best site for the league i think??

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Set up a yahoo league. For now, it's set up with an offline draft that we can do via a chatroom or something like that. We can, however, set up an online draft time if we'd rather. I'll say, though, that the draft times are all at least a week before the season starts, but we're more likely to get an online time that's at least 10 days before Opening Day. We can discuss times and dates if necessary.

If you've committed to the league above, you have a PM waiting. I'll send other PMs with the sign-up information to others who sign up. I have the league set up for 14 teams maximum, and we have 6 teams so far: FWD, Melmart, TheTruth, slayer, yavozerb, and Blaze. So we've got room for 8 more teams.

ATRAIN
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Atrain in

Melmart1
03-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't approve of the password for this league :nope

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't approve of the password for this league :nope

And I don't approve of your signature!!

Melmart1
03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
And I don't approve of your signature!!
I told florige I would change it a million years ago and I keep forgetting. I have sigs turned off so I don't see it :)

timvp
03-06-2008, 02:09 AM
I'm in if whottt is in. I need revenge for last season's playoff ouster.

I liked the rules last year for the most part ... with a few small changes.

whottt
03-06-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm in....I want to prove beating timvp was no fluke :tu

ATRAIN
03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Will there be a live Draft?

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2008, 11:29 AM
timvp, whottt, and ATRAIN have invites.

Will there be a live Draft?

For now, it will be a live draft, but not one through the Yahoo platform. We can change that, but the current setup gives a bit more freedom in terms of when we draft.

And all of the rules are negotiable at this point. I've set up the league with the categories from last year, but have dropped out the middle infield and corner infield slots in the offensive side of the game in favor of a deeper bench and I've also added an extra DL spot as well. And I've upped the minimum innings per week to 10.

As for the categories, I'd be in favor of a couple of changes if we stick with 5 offensive and 5 defensive categories. I'd like to propose that we drop OBP and go with either SLG or OPS. I'd also like to propose that instead of straight SB's, we go with something like SB% to better reflect the real value of guys who just run a lot.

yavozerb
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
timvp, whottt, and ATRAIN have invites.

For now, it will be a live draft, but not one through the Yahoo platform. We can change that, but the current setup gives a bit more freedom in terms of when we draft.

And all of the rules are negotiable at this point. I've set up the league with the categories from last year, but have dropped out the middle infield and corner infield slots in the offensive side of the game in favor of a deeper bench and I've also added an extra DL spot as well. And I've upped the minimum innings per week to 10.

As for the categories, I'd be in favor of a couple of changes if we stick with 5 offensive and 5 defensive categories. I'd like to propose that we drop OBP
and go with either SLG or OPS. I'd also like to propose that instead of straight SB's, we go with something like SB% to better reflect the real value of guys who just run a lot.

Why not just have batting average instead of OBP..

SB's need to be measured by amount cause if I have say pierre who steals 7 sb's and is caught 3 times (10 total attempts) and Puljos steals 1 sb (out 1 attempt) then Puljos would end up winning that category (if it was sb%) which would suck..

What is going to be pitching? SP x2, RP x2, and P x3 has worked well in the past..

Lets try and keep this as simple as possible please.

Melmart1
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
OK, I am registered. My team name is "Ooooh That Snell!"

As for the categories I don't care for BA as a category but I will go along with it if majority rules. I would prefer to keep SB's instead of going with % but again, I will concede if majority rules.

Also, are we paying FWD? Do we PayPal you the money or something?

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2008, 01:25 AM
I like either OBP or SLG (or OPS) over batting average, because it values players who get on base or those who accumulate extra-base hits.

As for SB%, I'm convinced that's a bad category, but what about something like net steals (SB-CS). That at least imposes a small penalty for being caught stealing.

I'm down with the majority's votes on these things, too. I just wanted to propose some ideas.

whottt
03-07-2008, 06:30 AM
FWIW FWD, if you aren't that experienced at getting $$$ out of deadbeat forum members, you might ask timvp and Kori for some tips on that because they are in that situation fairly often.

whottt
03-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Oh and I'm still in favor of suspending adds and drops once the playoffs start.

yavozerb
03-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh and I'm still in favor of suspending adds and drops once the playoffs start.
Please everybody agree on this rule cause it is the most annoying thing come playoff time (add or drops only if injurues occur would be ok as well)

Melmart1
03-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree to that rule. I think if I tinkered a little less with my lineup, I could have slayed Goliath (yavozerb). Sooo close. But beating up on Whottt afterwards almost made up for it :)

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
It doesn't seem like there's a setting to accomplish that rule, but it's certainly something that everyone could agree to. The commissioner would seem to have the power to invalidate pickups that violate the rule, too.

ATRAIN
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Just signed up, can you guess my name hahah?

Melmart1
03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Just signed up, can you guess my name hahah?
You wish! :lol

There goes the draft help I promised you. I suggest you pony up the money for Yahoo's draft kit, because you are officially on your own now :)

ATRAIN
03-07-2008, 01:04 PM
You wish! :lol

There goes the draft help I promised you. I suggest you pony up the money for Yahoo's draft kit, because you are officially on your own now :)

OH Fantasy gods, please give me Melmart in week one so the FF Baseball rookie can whoop her ass!! How do you like them apples :)??? Oh and FF Gods if your not too busy, can you give me timvp in week 2 so I can do the same to him.

Melmart1
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Smack talk from someone who has never played before. How cute. At least its not a $100 bet that you will welch on.

yavozerb
03-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Atrain, fantasy baseball is fairly easy and assistance from others really isnt needed anyway...With that said, you better make some noise cause of all talking you are doing!!

ATRAIN
03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Smack talk from someone who has never played before. How cute. At least its not a $100 bet that you will welch on.

Yeah well you should expect it from me. Even though I am a rookie you know that I am knowledgeable in baseball so don't count me out because I have never played. :).

ATRAIN
03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Atrain, fantasy baseball is fairly easy and assistance from others really isnt needed anyway...With that said, you better make some noise cause of all talking you are doing!!

Yeah I just need to pay a little more attention to stats in the AL, but for the most part I think im good. I will be ready come draft day and I will try my best to make some noise :). Im just excited baseball is finally starting.

TheTruth
03-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I just have a few questions regarding Fantasy Baseball. Do you select whole teams to play with or individual players. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Melmart1
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
It's only easy because you dominated the league all year last season :lol

degenerate_gambler
03-07-2008, 03:03 PM
are the spots all taken?

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2008, 03:05 PM
are the spots all taken?

Still have a few spots open.

degenerate_gambler
03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Still have a few spots open.

count me in esquire...just let me know where to go and what to do.

macdude06
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
if the draft is gonna be in random order not the order you sign up..ill play...

but idk any of yall so i would have to meet up w/ one of yall to pay?

yavozerb
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I just have a few questions regarding Fantasy Baseball. Do you select whole teams to play with or individual players. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Truth, its just like our fantasy football teams..You will draft your team, then have weekly games with the opposing player (and his MLB players)...There will probably be 10 stats (previously mentioned) and your starters will accumilate (hr's, steals, w's, etc) and by the end of the week whoever wins that category gets a 1pt for that category with the goal being 6+ pts (6+ categories) and therefore the win for that week..Hope I helped

TheTruth
03-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I was just messing around Steve.

yavozerb
03-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I was just messing around Steve.
Damn, my bad....Hey, are most of the guys that were in our football league here in SA?

TheTruth
03-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Damn, my bad....Hey, are most of the guys that were in our football league here in SA?
i think that 11 out of 12 were

yavozerb
03-07-2008, 05:09 PM
If thats the case we need to plan live draft for next year...Also, if we need one more I know someone in SA who could play..Anyways, just a thought.

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2008, 05:13 PM
if the draft is gonna be in random order not the order you sign up..ill play...

but idk any of yall so i would have to meet up w/ one of yall to pay?

It will be a random order draft. You can make a payment through paypal. I'll have the details on how to do that before the end of the weekend.

Let me know.

As of this point, I've sent the information to the following people:

1. FWD
2. Melmart
3. The Truth
4. slayermin
5. yavozerb
6. Blaze
7. timvp
8. whottt
9. ATRAIN
10. degenerate_gambler

For those who've entered, do we prefer a 12 team league or a 14 team league?

yavozerb
03-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I think 12 is plenty..Also, can we please have draft on weekend of march 29-30.

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I think 12 is plenty..Also, can we please have draft on weekend of march 29-30.

Sure, but we'll have to do that offline, like in the ST chatroom or using some other means like that. Yahoo's last available draft times were on Sunday, March 23. I'd rather do a draft that weekend of the 29th & 30th, too.

Melmart1
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Either weekend works fine for me. I am pretty open about my schedule, since I make it myself. Whatever is convenient for everyone else is good with me as well.

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Either weekend works fine for me. I am pretty open about my schedule, since I make it myself. Whatever is convenient for everyone else is good with me as well.

5 am, Saturday morning then?

Melmart1
03-07-2008, 08:53 PM
5 am, Saturday morning then?
Did the word "convenient" escape your eyesight? I doubt that is a convenient time for anyone, unless you were boozing it up all night and still awake. I would actually like to see what kind of team someone would draft in that condition. It would probably resemble my auto-drafted team from two years ago :lol

Horry For 3!
03-07-2008, 11:06 PM
i think that 11 out of 12 were
Am I the only one who wasn't living in SA? :lol Fuckin team still pissed me off as I was 2nd place mostly whole year and they choked in the damn playoffs. I still did pretty good though for not being able to draft my team.

TheTruth
03-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Am I the only one who wasn't living in SA? :lol Fuckin team still pissed me off as I was 2nd place mostly whole year and they choked in the damn playoffs. I still did pretty good though for not being able to draft my team.
I was counting you as one of the guys that live in town. You're only an hour away. The Dolphins guy was from Florida.

Horry For 3!
03-08-2008, 04:52 AM
I was counting you as one of the guys that live in town. You're only an hour away. The Dolphins guy was from Florida.
Oh, ok. Yeah, I am actually less than an hour away.

T Park
03-08-2008, 03:13 PM
FWD, if its ok, could I have one of those spots? :)

ATRAIN
03-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Sure, but we'll have to do that offline, like in the ST chatroom or using some other means like that. Yahoo's last available draft times were on Sunday, March 23. I'd rather do a draft that weekend of the 29th & 30th, too.

Chatroom? I'll be out of town and might not be able to be near a computer, how will we deal with missing the draft? I should be back that sunday night though so that sunday I should be able to make it.

FromWayDowntown
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
For payments, you can send me the funds electronically through PayPal by directing a payment to my [email protected] account. $25 per team.

So far, there are 9 registered teams:

I Own Melmart -- ATRAIN
Sons of Thunder -- I presume this is degenerate gambler's club
TPark's Porkers -- T Park
Screwballs 2 (the sequel?) -- whottt
Ooooh That Snell -- Melmart
So Cal Smoggers -- slayer
Them Boogie Knights -- The Truth
Roid Rage -- yavozerb
Downtown's Diablos -- FWD

There are two unfulfilled invitations at this point: timvp and Blaze.

There is also one completely open spot.

I think we need to get the draft logistics worked out soon, in case we have to secure a time for an online draft for reasons like ATRAIN's concerns (or come up with a way to address those concerns). Once we have that worked out and can see if anyone will need to drop out, then we can set a deadline for making payments (if anyone wants to wait to see how that's resolved before paying) and settle the other issues concerning the rules and things like that.

whottt
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Did anyone ask Mr. Dio if he's interested in joining up again?

yavozerb
03-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Did anyone ask Mr. Dio if he's interested in joining up again?
send him a PM....

yavozerb
03-11-2008, 08:55 AM
I just saw that the season opener is Boston vs. Oakland in japan on march 25. Just wanted to let everyone know.

degenerate_gambler
03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Sons of Thunder -- I presume this is degenerate gambler's club

correct.

T Park
03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Im ready for the draft at any time. Just send out a PM and let us know :)

slayermin
03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
For payments, you can send me the funds electronically through PayPal by directing a payment to my [email protected] account. $25 per team.

I sent my funds today. Please confirm.

Thanks.

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I sent my funds today. Please confirm.

Thanks.

Got it, slayer. Thanks!

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Any takers on the remaining spot(s)?

Any thoughts on a draft date and time?

degenerate_gambler
03-12-2008, 09:12 AM
FWD-

I haven't used PayPal in a coon's age, but did try to send the $$ your way.

Let me know if you didn't receive them and I'll go back to the drawing board.

yavozerb
03-12-2008, 11:42 AM
What about march 23, sometime that evening after the spurs beat the mavs...

FromWayDowntown
03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
What about march 23, sometime that evening after the spurs beat the mavs...

I got a 6:30 CDT online draft time for 3/23/08. Does that work for everyone (or most everyone)?

FromWayDowntown
03-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Still need 3 more players, too.

yavozerb
03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I got a 6:30 CDT online draft time for 3/23/08. Does that work for everyone (or most everyone)?
Good time for me..

TheTruth
03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
good for me...

degenerate_gambler
03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
that'll work..

slayermin
03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Draft date and time will work for me as well.

whottt
03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I think it works for me...

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Still looking for 3 more players. Blaze and timvp haven't (apparently) registered teams. We only have 9 teams thus far. I suppose that 1 more team would be enough, but I don't want to have someone having a bye every week.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Still looking for 3 more players. Blaze and timvp haven't (apparently) registered teams. We only have 9 teams thus far. I suppose that 1 more team would be enough, but I don't want to have someone having a bye every week.

I'll reg tonight. I've been at SXSW since the weekend and barely been online.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll reg tonight. I've been at SXSW since the weekend and barely been online.

Nice way of saying you were trying to muster some courage. :lol

With Blaze in our midst, we now have 10 -- if timvp accepts we have 11 and still need one more. If timvp is out, we can proceed with 10 or look for 2 more.

Any thoughts on tweaking the rules? Do we need MI and CI slots or can we just go with the usual 9 offensive players? (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util). Do we want to have dedicated CF and 2 OF? Any thoughts on categories or other lineup requirements?

TheTruth
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
no MI or CI. Don't dedicate CF or Corner OF. Just OF. And if we are gonna have only 10 teams maybe we should up the amount of Utility players. 3 starting Util per team?

whottt
03-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Timvp said he was in....in fact he directly challenged me.

T Park
03-15-2008, 10:28 AM
You should have your payment FWD

Thanks for the invite :)

FromWayDowntown
03-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Timvp said he was in....in fact he directly challenged me.

I guess that was an empty challenge . . . .

For the record, I have payments from 4 managers:

TPark
slayer
degenerate_gambler
FWD

All the rest of you turkeys need to get me some money, pronto.

Finally, on the rules and setup, I'd favor skipping the MI and CI spots, but I'd also favor keeping only 1 Util (I'd also max out at 2 Util, even in a 10 team league).

yavozerb
03-15-2008, 12:52 PM
FWD Anyway you could PM your mail addr. for a check? Having trouble with paypal.

T Park
03-15-2008, 12:52 PM
for the rotisserie newbies to baseball, whats MI and CI?

yavozerb
03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I say lets roll with 10 we have and try and get our draft order done by wed. (03/19).

FromWayDowntown
03-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I say lets roll with 10 we have and try and get our draft order done by wed. (03/19).

I can close it at 10 right now if that's what we want to do. I can get a draft order pretty quickly if we're closed off at 10, too.

for the rotisserie newbies to baseball, whats MI and CI?

MI = middle infielder (2B/SS)
CI = corner infielder (1B/3B)

in some formats, managers play a player at each of the 4 infield positions and then also play an extra middle infielder and an extra corner infielder. That's what we did in the spurstalk league last year. I don't like the idea of making baseball lineups look like softball lineups, so I'm generally against this, but if there's some deep desire among the ownership to have two extra positions in the offensive lineups, we can do that.

I've also tinkered a bit with the setup and made it 2 starting pitchers, 2 relievers and I think 4 or 5 other pitchers.

I've set up the league with deeper benches than last year -- and I'll probably make them even deeper (if possible) if we're only going to have 10 managers, just to thin out the waiver wire a bit. I've also given each team 3 DL slots. I'm still interested in thoughts on each of those issues.

T Park
03-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah the extra infielder is hokey.

I was in one last year and it was great, I didn't think anything was wrong, I just did a crappy job of drafting :lol

yavozerb
03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Anyway we can get the draft order done today? Also, FWD, i will try and paypal the $ today (I tried last week and had some problems)

FromWayDowntown
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Anyway we can get the draft order done today? Also, FWD, i will try and paypal the $ today (I tried last week and had some problems)

Here's the completely randomized draft order. I assigned numbers to each team, put the numbers on slips of paper, balled up the slips, and had a co-worker pull the slips out one at a time to come up with the following order:

1. Roid Rage
2. Screwballs 2
3. I Own Melmart
4. Downtown's Diablos
5. T Park's Porkers
6. Bexar Blaze
7. Ooooh that Snell!
8. Bashers
9. Them Boogie Knights
10. Sons of Thunder

T Park
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
looks good :tu

yavozerb
03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
looks real good.. :tu

FromWayDowntown
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
looks real good.. :tu

I figured you might say that. We had an aborted first run at this thing (after drawing the first slip, we realized that one had dropped to the floor) in which you came up first as well, so it was destined.

degenerate_gambler
03-18-2008, 03:58 PM
it is what it is..

-cliche courtesy Bruce Bowen

whottt
03-19-2008, 03:57 AM
I'll be paypalling you the 25 tomorrow.

TheTruth
03-19-2008, 06:33 AM
2nd to last pick? not bad. I'm assuming this will be a snake draft?

And, I'm gonna paypal you the money as soon as I get to work.

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll be paypalling you the 25 tomorrow.

And, I'm gonna paypal you the money as soon as I get to work.

If you haven't done so already, when you send me the payment, can you tell me who you are so that I'll know who I've gotten payments from? I got two payments (one on the 18th and one on the 19th) with e-mail addresses, but no screen names. If you sent one of those payments, please PM me and let me know which e-mail address you sent the payment from so that I can keep track of who has and hasn't paid. Thanks!

(Edit: yavozerb has confirmed one of those payments.)

I know for sure that I have payments from:

FWD
TPark
slayer
Degenerate
yavozerb

As noted, I've received 1 other payment. That means that there are 4 of you who still owe me money!!!

Pay up, deadbeats! :)

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Have we decided on a payout schedule? I don't remember how we did it last year, but it seems to me that the teams making the playoffs should each get their money back and that the two teams in the championship round should split the remainder in some fashion.

25*10 = 250
25*4 = 100
150 -- 125/25

Winner = 150
2nd place = 50
3rd/4th = 25

Does that work?

yavozerb
03-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Have we decided on a payout schedule? I don't remember how we did it last year, but it seems to me that the teams making the playoffs should each get their money back and that the two teams in the championship round should split the remainder in some fashion.

25*10 = 250
25*4 = 100
150 -- 125/25

Winner = 150
2nd place = 50
3rd/4th = 25

Does that work?

Sounds fair...

degenerate_gambler
03-19-2008, 11:46 AM
yep that's good.

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Except in looking at the rules, 6 teams will actually make the playoffs! (and we can't change that)

I still think that only the top 4 get their money back, so the teams that lose in Round 1 of the playoffs should be out of luck. Express your differences with that, if you have any.

degenerate_gambler
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Except in looking at the rules, 6 teams will actually make the playoffs! (and we can't change that)

I still think that only the top 4 get their money back, so the teams that lose in Round 1 of the playoffs should be out of luck. Express your differences with that, if you have any.

Well this isn't field day at elementary school where everyone receives a ribbon...

With this being my first attempt at fantasy baseball, I'm well aware that my $25 is probably long gone. Top 4 is fine.

T Park
03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I've got no problem with top 4.

Has a date for the draft been confirmed?

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2008, 01:29 PM
I've got no problem with top 4.

Has a date for the draft been confirmed?

sunday evening at 6:30 central through yahoo's draft.

whottt
03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
If you haven't done so already, when you send me the payment, can you tell me who you are so that I'll know who I've gotten payments from? I got two payments (one on the 18th and one on the 19th) with e-mail addresses, but no screen names. If you sent one of those payments, please PM me and let me know which e-mail address you sent the payment from so that I can keep track of who has and hasn't paid. Thanks!

(Edit: yavozerb has confirmed one of those payments.)

I know for sure that I have payments from:

FWD
TPark
slayer
Degenerate
yavozerb

As noted, I've received 1 other payment. That means that there are 4 of you who still owe me money!!!

Pay up, deadbeats! :)

The payment you recieved was mine...it should say it somewhere on the order.

The email address comes from the title of an old Rush album :tu

TheTruth
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
I sent my payment earlier today as well....

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok -- so I have payments from:

FWD
TPark
slayer
Degenerate
yavozerb
whottt
The Truth

Need payments from Mel, Blaze, and ATRAIN. Pronto, people.

Melmart1
03-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok -- so I have payments from:

FWD
TPark
slayer
Degenerate
yavozerb
whottt
The Truth

Need payments from Mel, Blaze, and ATRAIN. Pronto, people.
I just sent payment.

I don't like the draft time ... didya HAVE to do it on Easter Sunday? :dizzy

I will try to get online from my mother's house for the draft, but not sure if that will fly or not. I will set a list for autodraft just in case.

timvp
03-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Son of a b, I forgot about this. :pctoss

I'll be in if there's still time. I'll find someone else to be in too if you want there to be twelve. If not, I'll wait concentrate my efforts toward next year. Either way is fine by me.

My bad for forgetting.

T Park
03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
sunday evening at 6:30 central through yahoo's draft.

sounds perfect.

ATRAIN
03-21-2008, 11:25 AM
sounds perfect.

+1

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2008, 11:36 AM

I'll be in if there's still time. I'll find someone else to be in too if you want there to be twelve. If not, I'll wait concentrate my efforts toward next year. Either way is fine by me.

My bad for forgetting.

I don't really mind, but we have a draft order set, so everyone else will have to be cool with the adjustment. The more the merrier, if you ask me, but I don't want to make that decision unilaterally.

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Still need payments from Blaze and ATRAIN of those who are definitely in.

Melmart1
03-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't mind timvp joining or the re-doing of the draft order, whatever. I am just worried about figuring out how to make my pre-draft list in case I can't tear myself away from Sunday's festivities to be there live.

ATRAIN
03-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Still need payments from Blaze and ATRAIN of those who are definitely in.

Just added funds to my paypal, waiting for it to get out of pending, will send in the next few days.

ATRAIN
03-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't mind timvp joining or the re-doing of the draft order, whatever. I am just worried about figuring out how to make my pre-draft list in case I can't tear myself away from Sunday's festivities to be there live.

Don't worry mel, ill draft for you :devil

florige
03-21-2008, 05:29 PM

I'm interested too. And I'm like you, so there will be two rooks here.

T Park
03-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Nah Im all for TIMVP and a friend joining.

Timvp is pretty well read up on baseball so it should be all good.

slayermin
03-21-2008, 09:39 PM

My bad for forgetting.

It wouldn't be the same without you, timvp or as fun.

yavozerb
03-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I dont mind giving up my #1 pick for Timvp and someone else to join...Simply re-do the draft order if we must...

slayermin
03-21-2008, 11:05 PM
I dont mind giving up my #1 pick for Timvp and someone else to join...Simply re-do the draft order if we must...

Does yahoo half to issue us another draft date?

Either way I'm down.

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2008, 11:26 PM
No need to change the draft date. I have re-opened the league to 2 more teams. I'll give timvp and the unidentified 12th player until 2 p.m. on Saturday to get in the league. If they sign up, I'll redo the draft order and have a revised order posted in this thread by early Saturday evening.

slayermin
03-21-2008, 11:38 PM
If they sign up, I'll redo the draft order and have a revised order posted in this thread by early Saturday evening.

So it's another random draft order?

timvp
03-22-2008, 07:49 AM
If they sign up, I'll redo the draft order and have a revised order posted in this thread by early Saturday evening.That isn't fair to those who got top picks in this current draft order. I'll bow out. I should have remembered to check this thread.

I'll wait until next year :depressed

timvp
03-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Eh, nevermind, I'll play. The lure of revenge against whottt is too great.

:smokin

yavozerb
03-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Eh, nevermind, I'll play. The lure of revenge against whottt is too great.

Good to have you in the league :clap ..Who did you bring with you?

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Good to have you in the league :clap ..Who did you bring with you?

And when can I expect your payments? :nerd

slayermin
03-22-2008, 10:49 AM
And when can I expect your payments? :nerd

Will everyone be notified of the draft order at the same time?

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Will everyone be notified of the draft order at the same time?

I post a revised draft order before 2 p.m. CDT today (Saturday).

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 01:59 PM
A Revised Draft Order

I assigned each team a number based on the order in which the teams appear on the league's main screen on yahoo (at least on my computer). I cut a piece of paper into 12 equally sized slips and put a unique number on each. I balled the slips up and put them into a tupperware container with a lid and a pour spout. I shook the container and poured out a single balled-up slip. The number on the first slip got the first pick and so on. With that methodology spelled out, here are the results:

1. Bashers
2. Domincan Republicans
3. Screwballs 2
4. Downtown's Diablos
5. Roid Rage
6. Them Boogie Knights
7. Ooooh That Snell!
8. Sons of Thunder
9. Bexar Blaze
10. Round Trippers
11. I Own Melmart
12. T Park's Porkers

Draft is at 6:30 on Sunday evening.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Sent my league fee.

T Park
03-22-2008, 02:38 PM
damn,

down to the bottom.....

TheTruth
03-22-2008, 03:18 PM
damn, went from the back end to the middle. Got my work cut out for me!

slayermin
03-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure if I like being number one.

whottt
03-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Roidrage was #1 last year, seemed to turn out ok for him.

I can't believe he got the #1 pick both years initially.

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2008, 08:12 PM

Yeah, that decision at #1 is pretty tough -- and getting 3 of the top 25 players in the game can be tricky. :lol

I can appreciate why you might not want #1.

slayermin
03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, that decision at #1 is pretty tough -- and getting 3 of the top 25 players in the game can be tricky. :lol

I can appreciate why you might not want #1.

I'm cool with the number pick.

ATRAIN
03-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Sent my league fee.

Even though my bank account reflects the 25 paypal is still "processing", FWD hopefully it will be ready by monday. Question will yahoo take over the draft for us if we leave, I get out of work at 7:30 so if we arent done by then id like yahoo to finish it off for me.

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Question will yahoo take over the draft for us if we leave, I get out of work at 7:30 so if we arent done by then id like yahoo to finish it off for me.

Yes. There is an autodraft feature that can be used for all or part of the draft.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
If anyone is looking for "Hot, nasty, badass speed," I'm willing to move Juan Pierre.

TheTruth
03-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna totally lose every week in the saves dept. But with Brett Myers being RP eligible I'm gonna make up for it with Wins and Ks. I like my team. Don't like the Autodraft picks I got towards the end, but the Knights are ready to roll.

degenerate_gambler
03-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Did anyone actually show up and draft their respective team?

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Did anyone actually show up and draft their respective team?

I did. I'm not sure that it did me much good -- my picks from about 17 on are all pretty iffy . . . .

TheTruth
03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
i was at the draft through most of the night. had to hope some players in my que were there when i wasn't around though.

degenerate_gambler
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I did. I'm not sure that it did me much good -- my picks from about 17 on are all pretty iffy . . . .

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with Yahoo's autodraft but I'll admit that after getting back into town last night and taking a look at my roster, I've got a few "who's that guy" types on my team.

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 10:37 AM
i was at the draft through most of the night. had to hope some players in my que were there when i wasn't around though.

I was there for the first few rounds but had to leave. I havent even seen who yahoo got for me. I can't access yahoo sports at work without my personal laptop which I left at home. Can someone post my roster :)?

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Can someone post my roster :)?

C Iván Rodríguez (Det - C)
1B Paul Konerko (CWS - 1B)
2B Jeff Kent (LAD - 2B)
3B Ryan Braun (Mil - 3B)
SS Derek Jeter (NYY - SS)
OF Matt Holliday (Col - OF)
OF Vernon Wells (Tor - OF)
OF Jeff Francoeur (Atl - OF)
Util Miguel Tejada (Hou - SS)
SP C.C. Sabathia (Cle - SP)
SP Roy Oswalt (Hou - SP)
RP Chad Billingsley (LAD - SP,RP)
RP Hideki Okajima (Bos - RP)
P Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
P Jeremy Bonderman (Det - SP)
P Joe Blanton (Oak - SP)
P Curt Schilling (Bos - SP) DL
BN Plácido Polanco (Det - 2B)
BN J.R. Towles (Hou - C)
BN Josh Fields (CWS - 3B,OF)
BN Garret Anderson (LAA - OF)
BN Adam LaRoche (Pit - 1B)
BN Jason Bartlett (TB - SS)
BN B.J. Ryan (Tor - RP)
BN Brian Fuentes (Col - RP)
BN Chuck James (Atl - SP)

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
C Iván Rodríguez (Det - C)
1B Paul Konerko (CWS - 1B)
2B Jeff Kent (LAD - 2B)
3B Ryan Braun (Mil - 3B)
SS Derek Jeter (NYY - SS)
OF Matt Holliday (Col - OF)
OF Vernon Wells (Tor - OF)
OF Jeff Francoeur (Atl - OF)
Util Miguel Tejada (Hou - SS)
SP C.C. Sabathia (Cle - SP)
SP Roy Oswalt (Hou - SP)
RP Chad Billingsley (LAD - SP,RP)
RP Hideki Okajima (Bos - RP)
P Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
P Jeremy Bonderman (Det - SP)
P Joe Blanton (Oak - SP)
P Curt Schilling (Bos - SP) DL
BN Plácido Polanco (Det - 2B)
BN J.R. Towles (Hou - C)
BN Josh Fields (CWS - 3B,OF)
BN Garret Anderson (LAA - OF)
BN Adam LaRoche (Pit - 1B)
BN Jason Bartlett (TB - SS)
BN B.J. Ryan (Tor - RP)
BN Brian Fuentes (Col - RP)
BN Chuck James (Atl - SP)

Thanks man.

Hey FWD I think you should do a post draft team ranking from Best to worst. What do you say man?

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks man.

Hey FWD I think you should do a post draft team ranking from Best to worst. What do you say man?

I'm not sure that I have the time or the competence to do that.

degenerate_gambler
03-24-2008, 10:58 AM

I don't think I want to know.

We can just let the season do that anyway. But ATrain, looks like you have a pretty nice lineup on the face of it.

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 11:02 AM

hahaha I usually do it for my fantasy football league that I comment on, but then again I even send out a weekly newsletter to the league. I would do it but since im a rookie I think someone else should. It would be fun. Mel want to step up to the plate? How about you timvp?

ATRAIN
03-24-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't think I want to know.

We can just let the season do that anyway. But ATrain, looks like you have a pretty nice lineup on the face of it.

Thanks but yeah since im a rookie I really am not too sure what to think about it.

TheTruth
03-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Brian McCann (Atl - C)
James Loney (LAD - 1B)
Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
Miguel Cabrera (Det - 3B)
Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
Nick Markakis (Bal - OF)
Brad Hawpe (Col - OF)
Delmon Young (Min - OF)
Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)
Erik Bedard (Sea - SP)
Justin Verlander (Det - SP)
Brett Myers (Phi - SP,RP)
Zack Greinke (KC - SP,RP)
Francisco Liriano (Min - SP)
Clay Buchholz (Bos - SP)
Edison Vólquez (Cin - SP)
Jon Lester (Bos - SP)
Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B)
Edwin Encarnación (Cin - 3B)
Ryan Garko (Cle - 1B)
Aaron Hill (Tor - 2B)
Ronny Paulino (Pit - C)
Yuniesky Betancourt (Sea - SS)
Chris Carpenter (StL - SP)

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
All of the rosters can be seen here:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/174802/startingrosters

Horry For 3!
03-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Brian McCann (Atl - C)
James Loney (LAD - 1B)
Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
Miguel Cabrera (Det - 3B)
Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
Nick Markakis (Bal - OF)
Brad Hawpe (Col - OF)
Delmon Young (Min - OF)
Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)
Erik Bedard (Sea - SP)
Justin Verlander (Det - SP)
Brett Myers (Phi - SP,RP)
Zack Greinke (KC - SP,RP)
Francisco Liriano (Min - SP)
Clay Buchholz (Bos - SP)
Edison Vólquez (Cin - SP)
Jon Lester (Bos - SP)
Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B)
Edwin Encarnación (Cin - 3B)
Ryan Garko (Cle - 1B)
Aaron Hill (Tor - 2B)
Ronny Paulino (Pit - C)
Yuniesky Betancourt (Sea - SS)
Chris Carpenter (StL - SP)
You won't have any saves.

TheTruth
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
You won't have any saves.
I'll win the K and Wins categories. Risky strategy, but I think it'll work out.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I'll win the K and Wins categories. Risky strategy, but I think it'll work out.

I'm very interested to see how that plays out on a week-to-week basis, and not on an annual basis.

TheTruth
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm very interested to see how that plays out on a week-to-week basis, and not on an annual basis.
Yeah, I've never done anything like this before. I went in wanting pitchers with high K totals, SP's with RP eligibility, and to not even worry about saves. Just trying something new. If it doesn't work, I'll never do it again.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I've never done anything like this before. I went in wanting pitchers with high K totals, SP's with RP eligibility, and to not even worry about saves. Just trying something new. If it doesn't work, I'll never do it again.

I considered the same strategy, which I think is actually less risky (to an extent) in a head-to-head league than it would be in a roto league with accumulated totals and points for standings in a category. It's hard to completely punt one category in a roto league and expect to do much better than middle-of-the-pack -- you'd have to pretty much dominate every other category to even have a chance and I don't know if that's possible other than by sheer luck in the draft or through really, really savvy pickups/trades. In a head-to-head league, punting a category might cost you one "win" per week, but if it ensures you one or more "wins" in other categories, the tradeoff seems like it might prove worthwhile.

T Park
03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
I MIGHT be ok with saves with Percival, Isringhausen.

Doubt it though, closers from bad teams isn't a sound philosiphy

T Park
03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
C Russell Martin (LAD - C)
1B Travis Hafner (Cle - 1B)
2B Brian Roberts (Bal - 2B)
3B Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)
SS Michael Young (Tex - SS)
OF Alfonso Soriano (ChC - OF)
OF Jeremy Hermida (Fla - OF)
OF Jermaine Dye (CWS - OF)
Util Kenji Johjima (Sea - C)
SP Johan Santana (NYM - SP)
SP Brad Penny (LAD - SP)
RP Trevor Hoffman (SD - RP)
RP Eric Gagne (Mil - RP)
P Jered Weaver (LAA - SP)
P Tim Hudson (Atl - SP)
P Troy Percival (TB - RP)
P Brandon Lyon (Ari - RP)
BN Pat Burrell (Phi - OF)
BN Orlando Hudson (Ari - 2B)
BN Luis Castillo (NYM - 2B)
BN Luke Scott (Bal - OF)
BN Kevin Kouzmanoff (SD - 3B)
BN Khalil Greene (SD - SS)
BN J.D. Drew (Bos - OF)
BN Jay Bruce (Cin - OF) NA
BN Kyle Lohse (StL - SP)

Thats my team.

Of course Drew gets hurt and Dusty baker for osme reason takes Corey Patterson over Bruce.

Ahole.

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I MIGHT be ok with saves with Percival, Isringhausen.

Doubt it though, closers from bad teams isn't a sound philosiphy

I'm curious how you ended up with Isringhausen, since I drafted him.

T Park
03-25-2008, 10:19 PM
i apologize i was going to and for some reason thought i did.

yeah the relievers are Hoffman, Gagne, Lyon, Percival.

Hopefully thats enough saves. Hoffman and Lyon sure, but don't know about Gagne and Percival.

slayermin
03-26-2008, 02:51 AM
Thats my team.

Of course Drew gets hurt and Dusty baker for osme reason takes Corey Patterson over Bruce.

Ahole.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. They have Freel and Norris Hopper and both are better than Patterson, imo.

degenerate_gambler
03-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Rookie question here...

I have the Rangers catcher Saltalamacchia but Texas sent him to the minors. Is it typical to waive someone like this and just go pick up a free agent or do you hold onto him?

FromWayDowntown
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Rookie question here...

I have the Rangers catcher Saltalamacchia but Texas sent him to the minors. Is it typical to waive someone like this and just go pick up a free agent or do you hold onto him?

That can be a difficult choice, particularly if you think the player will be special when he returns to the majors. I tend to make decisions on dropping one player as opposed to another based mostly on my perception of two things: (1) the relative difference between the player I drop and the player I pick up; and (2) the likelihood that the player I drop will be picked up by someone else. It's hard to quantify, but I tend to think of add/drops less in terms of position-for-position swaps and morein terms of player-for-player swaps. If I have a worse (or more disposable) player on my roster, I'll tend to drop that guy even if he plays a different position. That's particularly true if, for example, the player I'm dropping plays a position of relative scarcity. A few years ago, there were relatively few good second basemen, so if you had one and he got hurt, there was no way you'd drop him to pick up another 2B.

I don't know if that helps or not.

T Park
03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I personally don't think Saltalamacchia is worth holding onto..

Just my opinion though.

degenerate_gambler
03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
I personally don't think Saltalamacchia is worth holding onto..

Just my opinion though.

I'm inclined to agree w/you............he's gone

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Who are the Round Trippers?

slayermin
03-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Before today, Jim Thome was 0-11 with 7 strikeouts against C.C. Sabathia. Last season, he hit .196 against lefties. So I sit him.

Ain't kharma a bitch. He hits two homers against Sabathia in his first two at bats.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Somebody stole timvp's idea:

http://machochip.com/2008/04/feature-latino-fantasy-basebal.php

Melmart1
04-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Who are the Round Trippers?
The team that is beating your dumb ass for talking all that shit before the season even started :lol

florige
04-04-2008, 10:32 PM
The team that is beating your dumb ass for talking all that shit before the season even started :lol

Mel it's a brand new season girl, that 30-3 thing is still killing me! :lol
If all goes as projected we may end up having the worst freakin record in baseball this year too!

Melmart1
04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Mel it's a brand new season girl, that 30-3 thing is still killing me! :lol
If all goes as projected we may end up having the worst freakin record in baseball this year too!
On the Rangers broadcast just now they said you guys have FIVE pitchers on the DL right now? :dizzy I had no idea it was that many. Good lawd!

florige
04-04-2008, 10:49 PM
On the Rangers broadcast just now they said you guys have FIVE pitchers on the DL right now? :dizzy I had no idea it was that many. Good lawd!

Lets see it's the prospect we got from Houston, our closer Chris Ray, Adam Lohwen, I can't thing of the other two! And their names are at the tip of my tongue.... :bang

Kori Ellis
04-28-2008, 05:58 AM
I decided that I should confess that I'm in the SpursTalk fantasy baseball league.

My team is Round Trippers. I went 9-0 this week (sorry Matthew).

ATRAIN
04-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I decided that I should confess that I'm in the SpursTalk fantasy baseball league.

My team is Round Trippers. I went 9-0 this week (sorry Matthew).

So your the one that beat my ass week 1. WELL I was (still am) a rookie but now I got the hang of things. Im going to get revenge on you through the Dominican Republicans this week. After I whoop up on him, I got you week 12, be ready because it wont be the same outcome!!!!

Kori Ellis
04-28-2008, 08:24 AM
This is my first year playing fantasy baseball. I have a lot of fantasy basketball/football experience, but not baseball.

ATRAIN
04-28-2008, 08:32 AM
This is my first year playing fantasy baseball. I have a lot of fantasy basketball/football experience, but not baseball.

Damn so I can't use that rookie excuse :(, I have never tried fantasy basketball. I might try it next year. I am really liking baseball and plan to play that every year.

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Admitting to my nerdiness, I always wonder if the standings would be different if this was a cumulative total league (roto) and not a head-to-head league. We're almost halfway through the regular season now and I had a minute, so I thought it was worth trying to figure out.

As of today, these are the standings in the league:

1. Downtown's Diablos 68-31-1 .685
2. Screwballs2 59-34-7 .625
3. Bashers 58-40-2 .590
4. DominicanRepublicans 56-39-5 .585
5. Ooooh That Snell! 53-42-5 .555
6. Round Trippers 49-47-4 .510
7. T Pork's Porkers 42-49-9 .465
8. Roid Rage 43-52-5 .455
9. Sons of Thunder 35-56-9 .395
10. Bexar Blaze 36-58-6 .390
11. Atrain's Army 34-59-7 .375
12. ThemBoogieKnights 33-59-8 .370

If we were doing this as a roto league (descending points in each category (12 for best and 1 for worst) and split points for ties), the standings would look pretty similar:

1. 87 -- Screwballs2
1. 87 -- Downtown's Diablos
3. 84 -- Dominican Republicans
4. 81 -- Bashers
5. 76.5 -- Round Trippers
6. 73 -- Oooh That Snell!
7. 58 -- TPark's Porkers
8. 56 -- Them Boogie Knights
9. 55.5 -- Roid Rage
10. 41.5 -- Sons of Thunder
11. 41 -- Bexar Blaze
12. 39.5 -- Atrain's Army

Obviously, the strategies that certain owners might use could be different if we were playing this season as a roto season, so the results are hardly conclusive of anything, but as a preliminary observation, it certainly seems like the scoring format makes little difference in terms of assessing the quality of the teams.

ATRAIN
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Admitting to my nerdiness, I always wonder if the standings would be different if this was a cumulative total league (roto) and not a head-to-head league. We're almost halfway through the regular season now and I had a minute, so I thought it was worth trying to figure out.

As of today, these are the standings in the league:

1. Downtown's Diablos 68-31-1 .685
2. Screwballs2 59-34-7 .625
3. Bashers 58-40-2 .590
4. DominicanRepublicans 56-39-5 .585
5. Ooooh That Snell! 53-42-5 .555
6. Round Trippers 49-47-4 .510
7. T Pork's Porkers 42-49-9 .465
8. Roid Rage 43-52-5 .455
9. Sons of Thunder 35-56-9 .395
10. Bexar Blaze 36-58-6 .390
11. Atrain's Army 34-59-7 .375
12. ThemBoogieKnights 33-59-8 .370

If we were doing this as a roto league (descending points in each category (12 for best and 1 for worst) and split points for ties), the standings would look pretty similar:

1. 87 -- Screwballs2
1. 87 -- Downtown's Diablos
3. 84 -- Dominican Republicans
4. 81 -- Bashers
5. 76.5 -- Round Trippers
6. 73 -- Oooh That Snell!
7. 58 -- TPark's Porkers
8. 56 -- Them Boogie Knights
9. 55.5 -- Roid Rage
10. 41.5 -- Sons of Thunder
11. 41 -- Bexar Blaze
12. 39.5 -- Atrain's Army

Obviously, the strategies that certain owners might use could be different if we were playing this season as a roto season, so the results are hardly conclusive of anything, but as a preliminary observation, it certainly seems like the scoring format makes little difference in terms of assessing the quality of the teams.

Man My team sucks :(

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Did the rest of last weeks stats count after the break? Yahoo stated something about a shortened week and the innings pitched was waived.

FromWayDowntown
07-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Yes. It was like a week in which there were only 4 days of games instead of 7.

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes. It was like a week in which there were only 4 days of games instead of 7.

Sweet!! Hey Timvp, how do you like them apples :).

slayermin
07-25-2008, 11:46 AM
What's up with Yahoo today? I need to know how bad whottt is kicking my ass.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
What's up with Yahoo today? I need to know how bad whottt is kicking my ass.

working for me

slayermin
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
It took them forever to update the matchups.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Man its a battle for that last playoff spot.

Melmart1
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
It's nice to be on top. :)

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
It's nice to be on top. :)

I need you to win!!

Melmart1
07-30-2008, 11:14 PM
I need you to win!!

I think you need to concentrate on winning your own games :nope

ATRAIN
07-31-2008, 01:04 AM
I think you need to concentrate on winning your own games :nope

working on that

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Couple of things:

1. The trade deadline for the league is currently set to 8/17, which is the last day of Week 20. It can be moved back one more week or moved up one more week. Does anyone have any thoughts about that?

2. There was some talk earlier that transactions during the playoffs should be limited or, perhaps, outlawed altogether. Any thoughts about that? I can put a hold on all transactions if that's what the owners want or I can put a numerical limit of anywhere from 1-25 transactions per week as a limit.

ATRAIN
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Couple of things:

1. The trade deadline for the league is currently set to 8/17, which is the last day of Week 20. It can be moved back one more week or moved up one more week. Does anyone have any thoughts about that?

2. There was some talk earlier that transactions during the playoffs should be limited or, perhaps, outlawed altogether. Any thoughts about that? I can put a hold on all transactions if that's what the owners want or I can put a numerical limit of anywhere from 1-25 transactions per week as a limit.

Trade deadline is ok where its at. Maybe limited in the playoffs to like 5 to 10 would be good. Also is there a way to limit those who arent in playoffs to not make adds and drops. I mean the toilet bowl is all fun and all but I would like to see the top teams be competitive till the end.

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Trade deadline is ok where its at. Maybe limited in the playoffs to like 5 to 10 would be good. Also is there a way to limit those who arent in playoffs to not make adds and drops. I mean the toilet bowl is all fun and all but I would like to see the top teams be competitive till the end.

I think the problem last year was that as the playoffs progressed, there was a virtual arms race every day to pick up starting pitchers and to change out ancillary pieces of a roster. I think whottt is the one who was most insistent about putting some kind of limit on transactions during the playoffs; it strikes me as a good idea (realizing that I've just now doomed my club to a rash of crippling injuries without any possibility of replacing the injured players), but I think it's something that we should all resolve now.

I don't think a limit of 5-10 per week would do much to curb the crazy adding and dropping that we saw last year.

I agree about limiting the adds and drops from eliminated teams (although, the Yahoo platform has every team playing into the first week after our season ends; there's a championship bracket and a consolation bracket). There is a means to do that in the software and I can do that as teams get eliminated during the post-season, assuming we don't ban transactions altogether.

slayermin
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't have a problem with the trade deadline. The deadline for the public leagues is Aug. 10th so it's only a week later for our league.

As for the transactions during the playoffs, I think some of us built our teams with the expectation of a similar playoff as last season. I wish I knew we were going to cap transactions because I probably would have went a different way in building my team. So I say no to limiting transactions during the playoffs. It's not guaranteed that a team is going to win just because he reloads his starting pitching every day. Imo, if you do add starters everday, you are probably sacrificing your era and whip in your matchup.

whottt
08-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Yeah...I am still against adds and drops during the post season, and I did draft my team accordingly(although FWDT has the best starting pitching in the league)..it does create an arms race.

Whatever the majority vote is I'll go along with it. My vote is against...

timvp
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
As for the transactions during the playoffs, I think some of us built our teams with the expectation of a similar playoff as last season. I wish I knew we were going to cap transactions because I probably would have went a different way in building my team. So I say no to limiting transactions during the playoffs.Ditto. I may have missed it but I didn't see anything firm about limiting or eliminating add/drops in the playoffs before the season begin. If I would have seen it, I would have made starting pitching more of a priority in the draft.

ATRAIN
09-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Looks like playoffs have been decided now.

ATRAIN
09-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Good season guys, good luck to everyone in the playoffs and thank you for a great time. For those of you out of playoffs good season and look forward to seeing you next year.

Melmart1
09-15-2008, 08:36 AM
So the final round is two weeks like last year, right? I asked on the Yahoo board and didn't get an answer, so I am asking here now. I guess everyone got distracted by the catfight, haha.

ATRAIN
09-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Catfight? You mean me calling out someone and then them comparing me to the Mavs because I "choked". The way it looks he choked as well and thats because he resorted to cheap tactics with a "whatever" it takes attitude. Oh yeah btw thanks for "giving" me third LMAO!! Whats the matter, don't think you can beat me. I would be scared too after I blanked you out in our last meeting.

Melmart1
09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
:princess

FromWayDowntown
09-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I've been meaning to post something all day -- I've had all week to prepare a gracious concession speech, since you just destroyed me over the course of the last 14 days.

What a deserving champion and a well-earned title. You built a great team and it just went to work these last two weeks. I was in a hole from the time the games ended a week ago on Monday and nothing I could do could change that. It was pure domination.

Congrats to Melmart!

T Park
09-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Congrats Melmart had a hell of a team all year long.

Melmart1
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys! Very gracious of T Park to congratulate me, I saw you finished last. But I bet you finish better next year. I hope there will be a next year, everyone better play next season!

FWD, you had me worried for awhile cus you really pulled up close in some of the pitching categories. Luckily for me, Z and Kamir had bad games, or this might have been a squeaker. Leave it to a Rangers fan to dominate on offense and squeak by on pitching, haha! You had an awesome team all season, so congrats to you! I hope this is the first of many face-offs between us :)

Great season, everyone! Now I am going to go plan how to spend my winnings, mama needs a new pair of shoes! OK, maybe not need but wants really badly ...

Oh, and of course I just have to say this ...

:gpower

:D

timvp
09-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Great job, Melmart. Props on the championship. Your team was great, especially in the playoffs. Didn't you win second place last year? That makes this even more impressive.

Props to FWD for a season well played. Your team was dominant for much of the year and there's no shame in losing to that Melmart buzzsaw.

Fun season again and hopefully we do it a third time next season :tu

timvp
09-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Catfight? You mean me calling out someone and then them comparing me to the Mavs because I "choked". The way it looks he choked as well and thats because he resorted to cheap tactics with a "whatever" it takes attitude.The tactics were legal. And fire was fought with fire so I don't know why you got all emotional. Wipe away the tears.

Oh yeah btw thanks for "giving" me third LMAO!! Whats the matter, don't think you can beat me. I would be scared too after I blanked you out in our last meeting.You were saying? I just checked now for the first time in two weeks.

Curbstomped.

Melmart1
09-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Great job, Melmart. Props on the championship. Your team was great, especially in the playoffs. Didn't you win second place last year? That makes this even more impressive.

Props to FWD for a season well played. Your team was dominant for much of the year and there's no shame in losing to that Melmart buzzsaw.

Fun season again and hopefully we do it a third time next season :tu

Nah, I took third last season. I tied RoidRage in the second round 5-5, but he won the tiebreaker (WHIP) by something like .01 :wow That stung really bad, and for awhile I was worried you were gonna do the same thing to me, it was way too close. But I did kick butt in the 3rd place game, if you can tear your buddy Whottt away from the "Kiss Sarah Palin's Ass" forum, you can ask him about it :)

So, does this mean I get one of those nifty trophies next to my spur now? I want it so every time I post, ATRAIN has to see it, a reminder of all the shit he talked after he kicked my ass in next-to-last week of the regular season. :rollin

And yes, I hope everyone goes and plays next season as well. :tu

ATRAIN
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
The tactics were legal. And fire was fought with fire so I don't know why you got all emotional. Wipe away the tears.

You were saying? I just checked now for the first time in two weeks.

Curbstomped.

Just because the tactics were "legal" doesnt make you any less of a bitch for using them. There were no tears, I just thought you were more of a stand up guy than that, guess I was wrong. Congrats on your win, I have still yet to check but ill take your word for it. Either way Im sure Melmart would have destroyed both of us in the finals.

ATRAIN
09-30-2008, 07:25 AM
So, does this mean I get one of those nifty trophies next to my spur now? I want it so every time I post, ATRAIN has to see it, a reminder of all the shit he talked after he kicked my ass in next-to-last week of the regular season. :rollin

I was just getting even for the shit you were talking to me the first time we had a matchup.

FromWayDowntown
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I'll be back -- and I'm going to get my revenge!!!!

And since this is now becoming a quasi-official ST enterprise, I'd think that a trophy for the winner and real bragging rights are definitely in order.

Melmart1
09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
I'll be back -- and I'm going to get my revenge!!!!

And since this is now becoming a quasi-official ST enterprise, I'd think that a trophy for the winner and real bragging rights are definitely in order.

You better be back! It's funny because part of me thinks its a shame that there is not more interest in fantasy baseball like the tons of peeps who play fantasy football, but it would be kinda cool to see some of the same faces each year as well.

And yeah, bragging rights are nice. You better believe I will bring it up once in awhile, haha.

:gpower

slayermin
10-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Congrats, Melmart. Your starting pitching this year was phenomenal.

Melmart1
10-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Congrats, Melmart. Your starting pitching this year was phenomenal.

I didn't see this before, but thanks!

Now can I have my trophy please? Must rub it in ATRAIN's face! Oh, and he thinks I am going to buy him something with the prize money :lmao I think the steroids have gone to his head. They cause brain damage, right?

whottt
12-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I missed this thread at the end of the season.

First of all...props to Melmart for winning.

Secondly, to Melmart and WaiverWireVP...I didn't quit. I protested...it wasn't like I changed my position at the last moment...I was against that stuff before the season even began.

FWIW...I got burnt out on the waiverwire battle last year after fighting timvp and stopped doing changes then as well IIRC.

For me it's the principle of the thing...I don't like it when it feels like a job.

IF you want to up the payoff or something...then it'll be different, but as it stands now, that's way too much work to have to do for 180 bucks.

Principle over profit you see....

I am all in favor of continuing this league and even making it a ST fixture...

That said, I really don't like the ulimited adds and drops during the post season...

ATRAIN
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I missed this thread at the end of the season.

First of all...props to Melmart for winning.

Secondly, to Melmart and WaiverWireVP...I didn't quit. I protested...it wasn't like I changed my position at the last moment...I was against that stuff before the season even began.

FWIW...I got burnt out on the waiverwire battle last year after fighting timvp and stopped doing changes then as well IIRC.

For me it's the principle of the thing...I don't like it when it feels like a job.

IF you want to up the payoff or something...then it'll be different, but as it stands now, that's way too much work to have to do for 180 bucks.

Principle over profit you see....

That said, I really don't like the ulimited adds and drops during the post season...

LOL damn you missed it for some time hahaha. congrats to mel again and yeah adds and drops in the post season should be limited or give the first 10 adds and drops free and charge a dollar after that with all that money going to the champ.

FromWayDowntown
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM

I agree with all of that.

I think the incessant adding/dropping takes the game pretty far away from the simulation of real-life management, which should be basically what fantasy does. Obviously, there are differences, but MLB owners/gm's don't get to change out an entire rotation on a daily basis and I think it would be wise to add rules that put reasonable limits on transactions -- particularly during the playoffs.

I do like this league and the owners who play in it; I'm happy to do another stint as commissioner or to turn the reins over.

I just want to win the league next year!!!

ATRAIN
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree with all of that.

I think the incessant adding/dropping takes the game pretty far away from the simulation of real-life management, which should be basically what fantasy does. Obviously, there are differences, but MLB owners/gm's don't get to change out an entire rotation on a daily basis and I think it would be wise to add rules that put reasonable limits on transactions -- particularly during the playoffs.

I do like this league and the owners who play in it; I'm happy to do another stint as commissioner or to turn the reins over.

I just want to win the league next year!!!

Your a good commish so I would be happy to have you on board as the capt once again. Im in next year for sure, it was fun and I am actually more pumped about fantasy baseball than I am about football this year even though I might win at least 2 leagues this year. Im with you there I want to win last year. Being a rookie and making playoffs really made me proud hahah even if TIMVP says I was lucky. Ill be looking for revenge next year from my new fantasy Rival (Sorry melmart).

whottt
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
What do you guys think about making it a dynasty league? Or perhaps upping the payout and number of teams?

I definitely enjoy it...I like the fact that something happens every night.

My biggest issue with the unlimited nightly transactions is that it pretty much turns the pitching matchup into a luck contest of who gets the best pitcher on that night...and in baseball that's pretty much next to impossible to call when you are talking about waiver wire fodder.

I don't blame timvp and the others who did it....it was in the rules, and they were just taking advantage of what was there...but I'd like to make it so there is more emphasis on constructing a full roster...plus less freaking work.

You put in about $2000 worth of labor just to get that 180 bucks.

FromWayDowntown
12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
What do you guys think about making it a dynasty league? Or perhaps upping the payout and number of teams?

I think the dynasty thing could work, but only if the original player dispersal was done by something like an auction. A draft (even a serpentine draft) in a keeper league makes for an uneven playing field, in my mind. I've played in a keeper league with a draft and a keeper league with an auction and found that the auction format made for a much better and more competitive league over the years.

There would also have to be some limits on keepers and things like that.

It can definitely work; and it has the advantage of encouraging owners to stay involved while both curbing outrageous transactions and inducing reasonable real-world sorts of deals (like a star for numerous prospects or things like that).

My biggest issue with the unlimited nightly transactions is that it pretty much turns the pitching matchup into a luck contest of who gets the best pitcher on that night...and in baseball that's pretty much next to impossible to call when you are talking about waiver wire fodder.

I'd definitely be on your side in calling for some sort of limits that curb that kind of activity. One idea is a strict limit on transactions; another that has worked well in other leagues that I've participated in is a hard cap on innings pitched and games played. I have played in a league that uses a cap of around 1300 IP for each team's roster -- once the team goes over 1300 IP, it no longer can earn stats in pitching categories. That league also used a 162 game max per offensive position, which forced owners to think a bit about how to use the roster. Those kinds of caps allow for more freedom in doing transactions but also create a cost for too many transactions. It might be worthwhile in a league like ours.

I don't blame timvp and the others who did it....it was in the rules, and they were just taking advantage of what was there...but I'd like to make it so there is more emphasis on constructing a full roster...plus less freaking work.

Agreed. And I think this is a good time to deliberate about ways to improve the league and make it more enjoyable and competitive for everyone.

As I've said, I support your general idea, so maybe we can figure out which of the above (or something else entirely) might be a worthwhile idea to present as a rule change going forward. Dynasty league, transaction limits, usage limits. Whatever will make it better.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Not trying to steal sribb's thunder, but is there interest in continuing this league?

If so, I think it would be a good time to discuss some of the proposals to change the rules. If not, I'll let the thread die again.

ATRAIN
02-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Not trying to steal sribb's thunder, but is there interest in continuing this league?

If so, I think it would be a good time to discuss some of the proposals to change the rules. If not, I'll let the thread die again.

Im down to play again but yeah hopefully the crazy cheap adds and drops in the playoffs can stop.

sribb43
02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Im down to play again but yeah hopefully the crazy cheap adds and drops in the playoffs can stop.

ya if thats a problem just put a cap on the number of moves that can be made per week to like 8 or so

ATRAIN
02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
ya if thats a problem just put a cap on the number of moves that can be made per week to like 8 or so

Does yahoo allow a cap?

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Does yahoo allow a cap?

It does. You can cap moves -- by day, week, or season (IIRC). You can also cap things like innings on a weekly or season-long basis.

There are certainly ways to eliminate the add-drop craziness.

ATRAIN
02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
It does. You can cap moves -- by day, week, or season (IIRC). You can also cap things like innings on a weekly or season-long basis.

There are certainly ways to eliminate the add-drop craziness.

awesome... can that be changed at any time in the season?

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
awesome... can that be changed at any time in the season?

Pretty much any of the settings can be changed at any time. I'd think the better course would be to have the same set of rules for the regular season and the post-season, but if we wanted to just have a rule limiting pickups in the post-season, that could be done in a variety of ways.

ATRAIN
02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Pretty much any of the settings can be changed at any time. I'd think the better course would be to have the same set of rules for the regular season and the post-season, but if we wanted to just have a rule limiting pickups in the post-season, that could be done in a variety of ways.

Well I dont see the crazy adds and drops being done in the regular season like the way we have seen in the post season but I dont have a problem with a limit though.