PDA

View Full Version : Is there still any position on the roster that still may cause a concern for the Spur

carib
03-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Is there still any position on the roster that still may cause a concern for the Spurs in the Playoffs?

I say we are solid loaded and ready to repeat

peskypesky
03-02-2008, 12:44 PM
PF. That Tim Duncan guy is overrated.

cherylsteele
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Coach...I mean come on, only 4 rings? That is pathetic

(sarcasm)

Honestly, center...maybe, although Fabs has really stepped it up lately and is starting to play well....I guess he turning the switch on.

duncan228
03-02-2008, 01:16 PM

:lmao

bobbybob0
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM

QFT. :lol

JPB
03-02-2008, 01:33 PM
we still don't have that long 3.

ClingingMars
03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
center position, but thomas should help with that

-Mars

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm still a little concerned with the frontcourt production and our swingmen. Oberto and Horry need to start being consistent as Thomas is still learning the system. You can't have these guys putting up 10 and 10 one night and 2 and 2 the next. Consistency would be nice. As for the swingmen, they are all shooters-none of them drive. And when their shots aren't falling, which has been the case a lot this season, we struggle to win. They are going to have to start being more consistent as well.

Russ
03-02-2008, 03:07 PM
1. Dirk Stopper

2. Brent Barry role (if he ain't right)

pad300
03-02-2008, 04:01 PM
We still have a weakness at perimeter PF/Long 3. Bonner hasn't cut it this season; Horry might, but I have nightmares about him not waking up for the playoffs... Time stands still for no man...

Still, I like our roster better than I have for many years. All we have to do now is convince Pop to actually use Kurt Thomas...

Loose Cannon
03-02-2008, 04:22 PM
1. Dirk Stopper

Dirk

Brent Barry

SpurAddict561
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I would say our only weakness is center, if any...but Oberto is playing great this season, and Thomas will help out A LOT.

He had Timmy frustrated last year, I'm sure he can give Gasol HELL with less effort.

Robert Horry is already waking up as it gets close to April-May, which is good to see because he was really sucking ass earlier this year.

Picking up Damon was a blessing, and Vaughn had been balling before Damon came so we're good there.

Manu/Finley.....wow, is all I can say. They aren't being rattled the least bit this season..I'm LOVING IT!

SenorSpur
03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
We still have a weakness at perimeter PF/Long 3. Bonner hasn't cut it this season; Horry might, but I have nightmares about him not waking up for the playoffs... Time stands still for no man...

Still, I like our roster better than I have for many years. All we have to do now is convince Pop to actually use Kurt Thomas...

It seems we're eye-to-eye on this one.

SenorSpur
03-02-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm still a little concerned with the frontcourt production and our swingmen. Oberto and Horry need to start being consistent as Thomas is still learning the system. You can't have these guys putting up 10 and 10 one night and 2 and 2 the next. Consistency would be nice. As for the swingmen, they are all shooters-none of them drive. And when their shots aren't falling, which has been the case a lot this season, we struggle to win. They are going to have to start being more consistent as well.

True. Outside of Ginobili, it's disturbing that none of the swingmen have the ability to create their own offense. They're all shooters. Probably not much the Spurs can do about this one for this season.

Hopefully, that deficiency will not "rear it's ugly head" during the playoffs. I trust the Spurs will FINALLY address this situation in the offseason because frankly, I'm growing weary bringing it up.

Man In Black
03-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I would say Udoka is starting to be less predictable on spot up attempts, he can pass, he just has to gain everyone else's trust. If they can keep their eyes open for anything Manu throws, they can do the same for Ime.

Add Bones, and as long as he is healthy, the Spurs aren't as deficient. Besides, if they don't work to establish the post and Tim, the whole thing goes off-kilter.
:fro

Agloco
03-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Is there still any position on the roster that still may cause a concern for the Spurs in the Playoffs?

Backup PG.

I saw a few things I didn't like from Damon S. last night. For instance: Like him pulling up for a jumper with 21 seconds on the shot clock and no one under the basket with about 4 or 5 minutes left and the Spurs up 7. Bucks grab the rebound and come back with a quick basket of their own. That's just pure nonsense. Pop needs to work with him on that, and quickly.

Perhaps when Bones gets back, he can help the situation.

Other than that, I agree: We are pretty solid.

SpurAddict561
03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh ya how could I forgot

I'm loving the acquisition of Udoka, he is the perfect fit.

Hustles hard on D, can shoot the 3 and plays team ball very well...

Great addition

some_user86
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
1. Dirk Stopper

Tony Parker.

carib
03-02-2008, 07:46 PM
1. Dirk Stopper

After watching Dallas and the Lakers play, I must say that Dallas is not a big game team.

Dirk Stopper is Dallas it self.

clubalien
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM

the coaching position is scary

clubalien
03-02-2008, 07:56 PM
True. Outside of Ginobili, it's disturbing that none of the swingmen have the ability to create their own offense. They're all shooters. Probably not much the Spurs can do about this one for this season.

We need to draft a young grant hill or devin brown type player.

wildbill2u
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Under the circumstances of available talent and the limitations of the salary cap, I'm pretty pleased with the team makeup, especially when Barry returns.

We have the big three, the DPOY and lots of solid role players in backup roles.

We haven't added any big names outside of the big three, but what team has four big stars? None that I know of.

Holt's Cat
03-02-2008, 08:44 PM
About the only thing left is that mobile SF/PF who can step out on the floor and guard someone. But they've won 2 titles without that player.

bigfan
03-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Id put our team against any in the league right now and we will get better with Bones back. Cant worry about injuries, nothing you can do about them.

SenorSpur
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Under the circumstances of available talent and the limitations of the salary cap, I'm pretty pleased with the team makeup, especially when Barry returns.

We have the big three, the DPOY and lots of solid role players in backup roles.

We haven't added any big names outside of the big three, but what team has four big stars? None that I know of.

No one is suggesting the Spurs go after a 4th star. Besides their salary cap limitations likely restrict that. What we're referring to here is a bonafide, athletic, swingman of mid-level age and average to above-average shooting and defensive ability.

RC's Boss
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
We really need a decent shooting guard and point guard. They didn't even make the All-Star team this year!

dbreiden83080
03-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Not really. I was upset that Barry had to go because we need his 3pt threat out there. With him coming back i think we are good to go, no major concerns except staying healthy.

Ghost Writer
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I maintain that the backup PG spot will be touch-and-go from here on out.

In fact, I see Ginobili and Barry spelling Parker more than Stoudamire and Vaughn in the playoffs.

The Spurs' offense is simply not suited for the prototypical PG; it works better with a penetrating scorer ala Parker.

genomefreak13
03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
The Spurs' offense is simply not suited for the prototypical PG; it works better with a penetrating scorer ala Parker.

We're square on this one... past PG that worked well for them were Avery Johnson and Speedy Claxton. Both has won championship with them. I hope they get Earl Boykins in the future, I think his at the mold of those players.

my2sons
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
so how is vaughan different from avery, his game is almost a mirror image of the little general's game

Princess Pimp
03-03-2008, 03:34 PM
He really is, what are his stats in the last two games?

Thank Ginobili and Parker for bailing him out.

duncan228
03-03-2008, 03:36 PM
He really is, what are his stats in the last two games?

Fuck his last 2 games.
Count the rings.
Count the MVP Trophies.

Princess Pimp
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Fuck his last 2 games.
Count the rings.
Count the MVP Trophies.
Typical excuse to try to cover up for being ineffective..

btw he looks like he's really declining on the court.

duncan228
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM

I usually let trolls do their thing without responding to them.
But you are by far the most useless troll this board has seen in a long time.
Nothing new, nothing funny. Just obnoxious.

Watch Duncan decline...And in June watch him raise another Trophy.

cherylsteele
03-03-2008, 04:06 PM

You want to talk about declining......just look at the Suns' franchise as a whole.

dbreiden83080
03-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Check out his stats for Jan and Feb buddy. He was playing some of the best Reg season ball in years, and he kicked the shit out of the Mavs just 3 games ago. You suffering from amnesia or something else??? :drunk

Allanon
03-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Spurs weaknesses:

1) Problems with big small forwards (Paul Pierce, Odom, Peja, AK47, Prince, SJax)
2) Weak at Center (Fab, KT, Red Rocket + sometimes Horry in small ball)
3) Questionable backup point guard, JV frustratingly inconsistent

ArgSpursFan.
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM

yeap, buckup Power Foward, Bonner just sucks