PDA

View Full Version : Why has Tyrus Thomas not broken out yet?

DazedAndConfused
03-02-2008, 01:37 PM
This kid has all the athletic gifts in the world to be a star player in this league. His stroke doesn't look too bad either. Why can't he crack the rotation on the sorry ass Bulls? I don't watch a lot of their games but everytime I see this kid he impresses me with a sick block, rebound, or dunk.

Lack of worth ethic, low basketball IQ?

Mr. Body
03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Limited player. Dominated college athletically. Not terribly smart on the court. No development as a player. Strictly high energy, but bad attitude. Fouls too much, no real upside.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I see him as being the next stromile swift. Low bball iq will limit him. He's a natural athlete but not a natural basketball player (or basketball decision maker).

JamStone
03-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Inconsistent playing time and wrong system for him to flourish in. Even though the Bulls are a perimeter oriented team, they don't force transition offense like Golden State or Denver does. Tyrus would be a beast on one of those teams.

tlongII
03-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Not big enough for his skill set.

PacerFan
03-02-2008, 04:10 PM
See Stromile Swift. Tons of athleticism, little skill. The Bulls really reached here.

ChuckD
03-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Inconsistent playing time and wrong system for him to flourish in. Even though the Bulls are a perimeter oriented team, they don't force transition offense like Golden State or Denver does. Tyrus would be a beast on one of those teams.
He might in Denver, but Nellie wouldn't play him much. People with ONLY big man skills struggle on his teams.