PDA

View Full Version : Amare takes blame for loss

Jeremy
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Suns center Amare Stoudemire

(On the game): “I take this loss and put it on my shoulders tonight. My energy level wasn’t quite where it should have been from the jump ball. I should have came out with a little more energy to ignite our guys a little more defensively and also offensively. My shot wasn’t quite there in the first quarter, started off kind of flat. I take this one on my shoulders. I think my teammates definitely tried to fight hard out there tonight but we fell short.”

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/quotes_080301.html

I've never heard Amare talk like that before. Glad to see it.

pking
03-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Wonder if he really means it. He's such a dick. I don't even think I'd like the guy if he was on my team. Might be glad to have him, but I'd still think he was an asshole.

ClingingMars
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
amare knows of the concept of defense???

-Mars

Road Warrior
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
I guess that menor stuff is finally kicking in.

lefty
03-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow, the first time Amare says something that makes sense

m33p0
03-03-2008, 01:24 AM
“I take this loss and put it on my shoulders tonight. My energy level wasn’t quite where it should have been from the jump ball. I should have came out with a little more energy to ignite our guys a little more defensively and also offensively. My shot wasn’t quite there in the first quarter, started off kind of flat. I take this one on my shoulders. I think my teammates definitely tried to fight hard out there tonight but we fell short.”

Xylus
03-03-2008, 02:07 AM
What are you getting at, m33p0?

Our guys better get it together soon. Look at our next 4 games:

Mar. 4 @ Portland
Mar. 5 @ Denver
Mar. 7 vs. Utah
Mar. 9 vs. San Antonio

That Denver game is especially crucial as far as seeding goes... the Nuggets are in 9th place right now, and they're only 4 games behind. That one-game swing will help or hurt tremendously. Otherwise, wins over Utah and San Antonio would be a huge confidence booster. Don't see it happening, though.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-03-2008, 02:24 AM
honest question

is there a lot of feelings of chaos and dread for people who are suns fans or do a lot of them still have good faith?

yourcheatinheart
03-03-2008, 05:00 AM
honest question

is there a lot of feelings of chaos and dread for people who are suns fans or do a lot of them still have good faith?

faith my friend is never a question. the suns have 23 games to get their shit together.

Shred
03-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Hater's post in event hated team plays .500 ball in March: "You can count them out."

Hater's post in event hated team goes on 10/15 game winning streak: "They're peaking too early. What counts is the playoffs."

m33p0
03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
What are you getting at, m33p0?

“I take this loss and put it on my shoulders tonight. My energy level wasn’t quite where it should have been from the jump ball. I should have came out with a little more energy to ignite our guys a little more defensively and also offensively. My shot wasn’t quite there in the first quarter, started off kind of flat. I take this one on my shoulders. I think my teammates definitely tried to fight hard out there tonight but we fell short.”
simply pointing out what his priority is. this is not about the suns, this is about amare himself. compound this with his recent statement about the firing of his recent PR manager and accusations about padding his stats. amare is all about amare. psychology 101.

one thing that can be concluded about amare, he can never be accused of being a team player.

remingtonbo2001
03-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Where's da_suns_fan

I miss his crazy antics.

Soul_Patch
03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Da wheels came flying off of the suns bandwagon, so Da_Suns_fan of course jumped off when he could.

hater
03-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Where's da_suns_fan

I miss his crazy antics.

probably he's a laker fan now

JamStone
03-03-2008, 12:02 PM
If only he would take more blame for his quotes.