PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are The Best team in the NBA a sure lock to win it all.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Shut up ESPN the Lakers are not even the second best team in the West. I know Laker fans you are on a nice run and have a nice young team but. The Spurs,Mavs and Utah are better in the West and I can think of two more teams in the East that are better. :madrun

SAtown
03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Well said, but ESPN wouldn't be ESPN without jizzing all over the Lakers at the first chance they get.

tlongII
03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
The Lakers are definitely the best team in the league right now. You just can't stand it because the media loves them.

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
yawn..one of those Detroit is not sexy threads.

Don Quixote
03-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I agree that they are going to be a formidable opponent in the playoffs this spring. In my opinion, they have leaped over Utah, Dallas, and Phoenix as our toughest competitor. But, really ... isn't it premature to call them the "best team"? The Silver & Black are still the defending champs, no? That counts for something?

They want our unchallenged status as champions? Then let's see them prove it on the court first.

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Shut up ESPN the Lakers are not even the second best team in the West. I know Laker fans you are on a nice run and have a nice young team but. The Spurs,Mavs and Utah are better in the West and I can think of two more teams in the East that are better. :madrun

Pistons better than LA means Flip Saunders can outcoach Phil Jackson in a 7 game series. If a coach who couldnt handle pressure yet does a better job than Flip in Rick Adleman cant beat Phil, no way in hell Saunders can.

Mavs perimeter defense is pure shit. Kobe could of had 60 if it wasnt for that bad free throw start. Lakers have a better superstar, bench, and head coach.

Utah could easily be a dark horse but we will see on them. Spurs I wont make any arguments about.

Now if Bynum cant be effective, then we arent the 2nd best team in the west. If he does come back and this team is clicking at full health, they are easily among one of the best teams in the league.

Stop being blinded by your hate because your team was a one and done team. Get over it. Larry Brown isnt coming back.

J.T.
03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
I remember what happened the last time ESPN was all over a team's nuts. . .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii133/vintagerock78/SpursTalk/Pats_the_end.jpg

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Pistons better than LA means Flip Saunders can outcoach Phil Jackson in a 7 game series. If a coach who couldnt handle pressure yet does a better job than Flip in Rick Adleman cant beat Phil, no way in hell Saunders can.

Mavs perimeter defense is pure shit. Kobe could of had 60 if it wasnt for that bad free throw start. Lakers have a better superstar, bench, and head coach.

Utah could easily be a dark horse but we will see on them. Spurs I wont make any arguments about.

Now if Bynum cant be effective, then we arent the 2nd best team in the west. If he does come back and this team is clicking at full health, they are easily among one of the best teams in the league.

Take a look at Flip with The Pistons VS The Lakers and Phil then get back to me. But this really is not about Detroit I am just sick of the talking heads crowning the Lakers in March sorry they are not the best team in The NBA. The Spurs are and until they get knocked off it will stay that way.

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Take a look at Flip with The Pistons VS The Lakers and Phil then get back to me. But this really is not about Detroit I am just sick of the talking heads crowning the Lakers in March sorry they are not the best team in The NBA. The Spurs are and until they get knocked off it will stay that way.

When Flip can beat Phil in a 7 game series (which he hasnt done yet) then get back to me. So what the media hypes them up? I dont think the playoffs will be any kind of cakewalk either. I know the Spurs are the team to beat. Thing is we have the best coach EVER and a superstar in Kobe who have been there before. Let the media suck us off. It all depends on what you do on the court. To say that this Lakers team especially when Bynum returns wont be a serious force in the west is pure hate.

P.S: The media will always blow the Lakers during great and tragic times. They are the best marketing team in the league and the best team ever in NBA history.

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Lakers beat Detroit once this year and lost by a bucket or so up in Detroit without Pau, Kwame, or Bynum. If I were you I would shut the fuck up. Lakers rape the Pistons in the Finals if that were to happen but unfortunately for Detroit they ain't getting past the Celtics. Or they might pull another choke job and lose to the Cavs. Anyhow, the West is tough unlike the East. Talk all the crap you want.

Cry Havoc
03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
The Lakers are definitely the best team in the league right now. You just can't stand it because the media loves them.

1 San Antonio (1) 41 17 .707
2 LA Lakers (2) 42 18 .700

Standings say you're wrong. And that's just out West.

jinsatx
03-02-2008, 09:25 PM
geez guys....

Lat time I looked the Spurs had the best record in the Western Conference. Also, a 9 game winning streak.

Doesn't that qualify us as the best team in the west???????

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Lakers beat Detroit once this year and lost by a bucket or so up in Detroit without Pau, Kwame, or Bynum. If I were you I would shut the fuck up. Lakers rape the Pistons in the Finals if that were to happen but unfortunately for Detroit they ain't getting past the Celtics. Or they might pull another choke job and lose to the Cavs. Anyhow, the West is tough unlike the East. Talk all the crap you want.

Great The Lakers beat Detroit once in LA when our best player was out Flip ran the point in that game. You STFU face facts The Lakers will be bounced out in one of the first two rounds and you will be no where to be found. We all no what great and loyal LA fans are :lol

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
The Pistons are better than the Lakers. Lakers fans must be jacking off to what they hear on ESPN. News flash: your team is at least 3rd best in the league right now.

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Great The Lakers beat Detroit once in LA when our best player was out Flip ran the point in that game. You STFU face facts The Lakers will be bounced out in one of the first two rounds and you will be no where to be found. We all no what great and loyal LA fans are :lol

If you think the Mavs are going to bounce us out, thats comedy.

Utah/San Antonio? I can respect those.

Phoenix? No way.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
If you think the Mavs are going to bounce us out, thats comedy.

Utah/San Antonio? I can respect those.

Phoenix? No way.

I think Utah or SA if they make it that far.

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I told you to shut the fuck up first and you're the one that started this stupid thread with your inferiority complex "Detroit gets no love bull shit". You know why nobody talks about "Detroit"? Because it's the Motor City. Not much to talk about. What do you have to offer? Flint Michigan? Kid Rock? :lol Why are you so upset? Most teams like to fly under the radar. Desperate for attention? That's why you made this thread?

LakerMagic
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
The Pistons are better than the Lakers. Lakers fans must be jacking off to what they hear on ESPN. News flash: your team is at least 3rd best in the league right now.

Yup, I jack off to the truth. :fro

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:36 PM

So Flip can beat Phil in a 7 game series???? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 09:38 PM
The Lakers give up on average 100 points a game come playoff time that will be a quick exit sorry.

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
The Lakers give up on average 100 points a game come playoff time that will be a quick exit sorry.

Flip Saunders cant coach for shit in high pressure playoff games. Come playoff time that will be a quick exit. Sorry.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 09:40 PM

Won't really matter your team won't be coming out of the West anyway and I am not saying The Pistons are a lock to come out of the East they can be beat we all saw last year.

word
03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I remember what happened the last time ESPN was all over a team's nuts. . .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii133/vintagerock78/SpursTalk/Pats_the_end.jpg

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/43bcd099a07a3-57-1.jpg

ducks
03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
they beat dallas and dallas has not beaten a good team since jason kidd

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Where did I ever say that? I am talking about right now. The Lakers are not the best team in the NBA. Lakers fans are the most biased fans ever and I know it's hard for you to accept because of those purple and gold glasses you all are wearing. But hey, I guess you are all excited that you have a reason to watch the Lakers now that they are good. This is how they rank, in terms of how they are playing/season success:

Celtics
Pistons
Lakers
Spurs

The Lakers are the best team in the league? Pff. Last time I checked the Celtics blew their asses out on both courts, with your prodigy center playing. And yes, I know, you didn't have Gasol, but according to you guys, you were playing fine before him so don't even try to debate that. The Celtics have 6 less losses than the Lakers, play better defense, and have just as good of an offense. Don't bring up the "they play in the East" argument either; they've had excellent success against the Western conference, including against the Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs. Your coach obviously can't win you everything, because the Lakers got out in the first round the last two years to a far inferior coach.

The Lakers are a damn good team but you guys need to realize they aren't the best ever or the best in the league for that matter. Thankfully it's not the end of the season and there is much time for things to change, especially with Bynum coming back soon. But seriously, try to look at things objectively.

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Where did I ever say that? I am talking about right now. The Lakers are not the best team in the NBA. Lakers fans are the most biased fans ever and I know it's hard for you to accept because of those purple and gold glasses you all are wearing. But hey, I guess you are all excited that you have a reason to watch the Lakers now that they are good. This is how they rank, in terms of how they are playing/season success:

Celtics
Pistons
Lakers
Spurs

The Lakers are the best team in the league? Pff. Last time I checked the Celtics blew their asses out on both courts, with your prodigy center playing. And yes, I know, you didn't have Gasol, but according to you guys, you were playing fine before him so don't even try to debate that. The Celtics have 6 less losses than the Lakers, play better defense, and have just as good of an offense. Don't bring up the "they play in the East" argument either; they've had excellent success against the Western conference, including against the Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs. Your coach obviously can't win you everything, because the Lakers got out in the first round the last two years to a far inferior coach.

The Lakers are a damn good team but you guys need to realize they aren't the best ever or the best in the league for that matter. Thankfully it's not the end of the season and there is much time for things to change, especially with Bynum coming back soon. But seriously, try to look at things objectively.

Never did I say the Lakers were a lock or the best in the NBA. I said they will be a force in the west if healthy. I am expecting them to be very competitive and tough to beat 4 times. No we arent a lock but we arent very far from more than possibly getting the championship back. Yeah titles arent easy and the Spurs are the team to beat. I know that.

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Celtics
Pistons
Lakers
Spurs

Who said we were? BSPN? When have they ever been right? Nobody takes them seriously. Anyhow, Celtics and Spurs are the teams to beat. Fuck Detroit! We should be able to take them. The OP is a dumb ass attention whore for starting this thread. Same ol Detroit gets no love from the media bullshit. Same shit you guys spew a lot. If you know you're the better team that's all you need to know. Why cry and bitch about it?

Tradition
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Celtics
Pistons
Lakers
Spurs

I also respect the fuck out of the Spurs. They ended our dynasty and gave us the worst dethroning in NBA history. 28 blowout was quite impressive and the fact that they acted humble and classy after that game was something else. They had every right to act like assholes but they didnt want to act like that.That was a 6 game series that easily should have ended in 5.

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I know some Lakers fans do, but a lot don't and many Lakers fans have been talking shit on the boards. Some, like Tradition, Medvedenko, etc. are very reasonable and have been good to have discussions with. But the shit talking from other Lakers fans has gotten on my nerves. I still have the Lakers as playing better than the Spurs right now but come playoff time, hopefully the Spurs will be playing better, in my eyes at least.

LakeShow
03-02-2008, 09:56 PM

+1

LakeShow
03-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Don't hate the players (lakers) hate the game. Espn is ecstatic because they know they will great ratings if the lakers make it to the finals. They see a team that wont be stopped with Bynum, they might be going overboard in calling the lakers the best without Bynum but hell we're beating all of the so called top teams in the west without him so how can you argue with them. Saying Utah is better is ridiculous, San Antonio might be equal but I wouldn't say they're better either.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Who said we were? BSPN? When have they ever been right? Nobody takes them seriously. Anyhow, Celtics and Spurs are the teams to beat. Fuck Detroit! We should be able to take them. The OP is a dumb ass attention whore for starting this thread. Same ol Detroit gets no love from the media bullshit. Same shit you guys spew a lot. If you know you're the better team that's all you need to know. Why cry and bitch about it?

Cause The Lakers are not the best team in the NBA that's why.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Where the hell were these laker fans back in 2004? :lol

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Where the hell were these laker fans back in 2004? :lol
Where were all the Detroit fans? Pistons fan base is so sorry they had to be adopted by Spurstalk out of pity.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Where were all the Detroit fans? Pistons fan base is so sorry they had to be adopted by Spurstalk out of pity.

Yeah your right were just sorry Piston fans :lol

Warlord23
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Interesting to note that the Lakers are giving up 100.6 points per game. No NBA champion has given up 100+ PPG in the last dozen years. The last team to do that was the 94-95 Rockets. Of course, that team had a weak regular season (finished with 47 wins), but was a veteran reigning champ who added another veteran in Drexler midway. Not really a comparison to this green Laker team who has added a talented player in Gasol but who, unfortunately is soft and inexperienced at postseason play.

A more valid comparison would be the 1991 Bulls, who were a relatively young team, actually gave up more than 100 PPG a game but won the title easily (15-2 in the playoffs). But then that Bulls team was battle scarred (coming up short against the Pistons and learning along the way), and was a better offensive team than this year's Lakers (at 110 PPG, they had a +9.0 PPG differential).

So what the Lakers are attempting to hasn't been done in nearly 2 decades, and then too it was done by a team which had good but not great playoff experience.

ducks
03-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Lakers Fans Put Down the "Lakers Crack" for right now
Lakers Fans Put Down the "Lakers Crack" for right now
by J Lee (Contributor)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1..._for_right_now

To qoute T.J. Simers from the latimes.com

"Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Lakers" and "Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe." Throw in some, "Gasol, Gasol, Gasol, Gasol." Add them all up and we're just beginning the month of March.

The schedule for this month looks something like this: the march to madness is on, daylights saving starts on the ninth, no holidays this month, and the NBA playoffs dosen't start for a month and a half.

To qoute my friend we, "gotta stop smoking that Laker crack."

It's ture Lakers fans, it is way to early in the season to be this high on the "Laker crack."

In case people have forgotten, the Lakers have yet to make it out of the first round of the playoffs since Oneal left.

The "deep" Lakers bench is composed of players in their early to mid twenties. Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, and Ronnie Turiaf, to name a few, have yet to be tested in the palyoffs.

Yes these players have played playoffs games. However, none of the players on the Lakers' roster, except Kobe Bryant, and Derek Fisher, know what's like to play in a true playoff games. Pau Gasol was not expected to lead the Grizzles to a deep playoff run so the Lakers' second option dose not have playoff experience either.

True playoff games are games in witch you are expected to win. The last two years that Kobe Bryant dragged the Lakers in the post-season, the Lakers were not expected to beat the Phenoix Suns. The Lakers players were not expected to perform, and as a result there was no pressure.

This year the Lakers' young players are expected to produce. I'm not saying that the Lakers' bench players will choke. All I'm saying is that no one is going to be shocked if they do.

Second, Andrew Bynum is still only twenty years old. Bynum has indeed improved beyond recognition this year.

The problem is he only has a little over three weaks to be reintergrated into the offense. And if people forget, Andrew has not played in a single meaningful playoff game. It was a player by the name of Kwame Brown that got the minutes.

There is something thats quite not right when the guy thats supposed to push your team over the top is an untested twenty year old center that's still learning to play the game. And the fact that, if he returns at all, he's returning form injury dosen't help at all.

Third, the ten game win streak is not a very impressive one. When your team has Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Lamar Odom on it you better be able to beat the teams that the Lakers beat.

The teams that the Lakers beat were the Raptors, a depleted Wizards, Nets, Magic, Heat, Bobcats, Timberwolves, Hawks, post-Oneal Suns, Clippers, Sonics, a Bradon Roy-less Blazers, and the Heat again.

No disrespect to the teams mentioned above, but those teams are subpar teams with the execption of Pheniox and Orlando. The Lakers actually also lost the the Hawks and to the Portland yesterday.

As much of a Lakers fan that I am, I'm not convinced yet.

I want to actually see Andrew Bynum on the floor with Pau Gasol. Not just how great they're going to be if and when he gets back.

I want to see the Lakers get out of the first round. Two years ago the Lakers looked like they were going to beat the Suns being up 3-1, and they choked. I won't even mention last year.

Yes the Lakers are having a great season. Yes the Lakers is a top five team, and second in the west. The win streak was good to see. Let's just not get ahead of oursleves just yet.

Do what the players are saying and take it game by game. I looking forward to the playoffs for once, and hey mabey well be able to "smoke the Lakers crack" in the playoffs as well as the regular season.

mavsfan1000
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
If the lakers keep getting 50 free throws, than they will be the best.

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm not expecting to win a ring this year. I just don't like being told that by a fucken Piston fan or you motherfuckers for that matter. Our defense sucks way too much to win a ring unless we get lucky like the Cavs did and make it all the way to the Finals which in case I hope we meet these Piston slugs because I believe we can take them.

21_Blessings
03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Interesting to note that the Lakers are giving up 100.6 points per game. No NBA champion has given up 100+ PPG in the last dozen years. The last team to do that was the 94-95 Rockets. Of course, that team had a weak regular season (finished with 47 wins), but was a veteran reigning champ who added another veteran in Drexler midway. Not really a comparison to this green Laker team who has added a talented player in Gasol but who, unfortunately is soft and inexperienced at postseason play.

A more valid comparison would be the 1991 Bulls, who were a relatively young team, actually gave up more than 100 PPG a game but won the title easily (15-2 in the playoffs). But then that Bulls team was battle scarred (coming up short against the Pistons and learning along the way), and was a better offensive team than this year's Lakers (at 110 PPG, they had a +9.0 PPG differential).

So what the Lakers are attempting to hasn't been done in nearly 2 decades, and then too it was done by a team which had good but not great playoff experience.

Nice faulty logic you got there.

First off, Kobe, Derek Fisher, Luke Walton and Phil Jackson aren't battle scarred? Are you stupid?

The Lakers were in the playoffs the last two seasons, losing a heartbreaker to Phoenix and played them tough the next season. Playoff experience will not be an issue. You're dumb if you think otherwise.

As for your 100 ppg bullshit, thats nothing but statistical masturbation. The fact that it has been done before makes you're theory laughable and moot. Heres a better theory: Every Phil Jackson team that has won 40 games before losing 20 has won the NBA championship. Suck on that.

But hey, everyone with a brain knows Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza make the Lakers a much better defensive team. Right now the Lakers are 5th in the league in defensive effeciency and thats WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza the past month and a half.

Findog
03-02-2008, 10:58 PM
they beat dallas and dallas has not beaten a good team since jason kidd

Dallas has played 3 great teams on the road, the first one after Kidd practiced once with his team and lost the last two on the final possession. The last two could've gone either way. STFU.

Warlord23
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Nice faulty logic you got there.

First off, Kobe, Derek Fisher, Luke Walton and Phil Jackson aren't battle scarred? Are you stupid?

Thanks for making my point. All you have is 4 names, one of which is the coach. Out of the 3 players Luke Walton sucks and wouldn't get a minute if Ariza is healthy. I was comparing this team of newbies to the 95 Rockets where 90% of the team had a ring. You know the likes of Hakeem, Drexler, Otis Smith, Horry, Cassell, Kenny Smith, Maxwell. That is if you were born before 95 which I'm not so sure now.

The Lakers were in the playoffs the last two seasons, losing a heartbreaker to Phoenix and played them tough the next season. Playoff experience will not be an issue. You're dumb if you think otherwise.

Getting your ass waxed two years in a row is playoff experience? You actually regressed from a 7-game defeat to a 5-game thumping. And even then Gasol, Bynum, Ariza etc are still new to playoff basketball.

As for your 100 ppg bullshit, thats nothing but statistical masturbation. The fact that it has been done before makes you're theory laughable and moot. Heres a better theory: Every Phil Jackson team that has won 40 games before losing 20 has won the NBA championship. Suck on that.

Too bad nobody gives a 40-win championship. Defense wins championships in this league. Playoff basketball has a different tone and tenor. Right now you are no better than the 2005 Suns who scored a lot and reminded everyone of Showtime. Win a playoff series and then we can talk.

But hey, everyone with a brain knows Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza make the Lakers a much better defensive team. Right now the Lakers are 5th in the league in defensive effeciency and thats WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza the past month and a half.

If your mom had balls she'd be your dad. Wake me up when Bynum and Ariza are back and are playing. If Ariza starts then Odom goes to the bench and your offensive versatility and rebounding esge is lost. Wake me up when Ariza shoots 30% from 3.

Vujacic and Farmar sure showed their veteran heads tonight. The playoffs will be twice as intense. What happens when Violet Palmer doesn't ref every game, and Kobe doesn't go to the line 27 times?

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 11:11 PM
That is a good core right there.

You're rather naive if you think it couldn't be an issue, especially if the Lakers go up against experienced teams that have far superior experience playing together than this Lakers team. Hint: There's three major ones you should be worried about in the Western conference.

Cool. Every Phil Jackson team to do that prior to this year had two hall of famers on the team. Suck on that.

I think Bynum will be a nice piece for the Lakers to have defensively. He'll block some shots and alter many. Ariza I don't know about, only because I honestly haven't seen him play. I'll have to see how he performs when he gets back from injury :tu

The Lakers are a very good team. I'm not so sure Lakers fans should be so cocky until they do something in the playoffs.

ducks
03-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Dallas has played 3 great teams on the road, the first one after Kidd practiced once with his team and lost the last two on the final possession. The last two could've gone either way. STFU.
could have should have do not count

MajicMan
03-02-2008, 11:15 PM
And if the Mavs can't beat any of them that means they're 4th best :lol

Findog
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM

No it does not, but barely losing on the road to the Spurs and Lakers does not mean Dallas sucks, which seems to be your argument.

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Findog, it's ducks :lol

Findog
03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Findog, it's ducks :lol

I used to think Sequ was just being a jackass, but now I understand where he was coming from.

21_Blessings
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
You're rather naive if you think it couldn't be an issue, especially if the Lakers go up against experienced teams that have far superior experience playing together than this Lakers team. Hint: There's three major ones you should be worried about in the Western conference.

You're rather naive if you think that will be an issue. Seems like you don't watch Laker games.

Cool. Every Phil Jackson team to do that prior to this year had two hall of famers on the team. Suck on that.

Cool, this Laker team does have two hall of famers: Kobe and Phil Jackson. Not to mention a future hall of famer in Andrew Bynum (yes I said it).

But I was being sarcastic about the 40 and 20 thing. What I said means nothing, but it's sure as hell more legit than some crackpot 100 ppg theory the previous Spur fan spewed.

I think Bynum will be a nice piece for the Lakers to have defensively. He'll block some shots and alter many. Ariza I don't know about, only because I honestly haven't seen him play. I'll have to see how he performs when he gets back from injury :tu

Enough said. Proving my earlier point that you haven't watched much of the Lakers this year. Chemistry is not an issue with his team, neither is playoff experience. People are just reaching at this point.

The Lakers are a very good team. I'm not so sure Lakers fans should be so cocky until they do something in the playoffs.

Spurs are a very good team. I'm not so sure Spurs fan should be so cocky until they prove they can win back to back titles.

:hat

Findog
03-02-2008, 11:28 PM
And if the Mavs can't beat any of them that means they're 4th best :lol

At this point in the season after overhauling a third of our roster, I'll take that. We got 9 out of our next 10 at home. It's going to take 10-15 games before these guys really begin to click with Kidd.

Warlord23
03-02-2008, 11:30 PM
^^ 21 Blessings is the shit. He thinks the current Laker team has playoff experience. Well let's see now ... how many playoff games has the current Laker core won? 3 in 2006 + 1 in 2007 = 4 overall.

Do you know how many playoff series the current Spurs core has won? 14. That's the difference I'm talking about. And you bring Luke fucking Walton to support your "championship pedigree" argument.

Findog
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
The Lakers are definitely the second-best team in the West right now, and they could definitely beat the Spurs in a series if they get some breaks. We'll just have to play the games because nothing is getting decided on an internet messageboard. As for my two cents, I think the Lakers a year away.* The Spurs are the best playoff team until proven otherwise. There's a reason all these teams are going OLDER for the playoffs, with Phoenix bringing in Shaq, Dallas getting Kidd, the Spurs getting Thomas, Houston getting Bobby Jackson, the Celtics getting Cassell, etc.

* That is of course if the League decides a Boston-LA Finals is too juicy to pass up. Who knows what's going to happen? Last year most pundits were booking a Dallas-Phoenix Conference Finals and both those teams came up woefully short.

21_Blessings
03-02-2008, 11:39 PM
^^ 21 Blessings is the shit. He thinks the current Laker team has playoff experience. Well let's see now ... how many playoff games has the current Laker core won? 3 in 2006 + 1 in 2007 = 4 overall.

Do you know how many playoff series the current Spurs core has won? 14. That's the difference I'm talking about. And you bring Luke fucking Walton to support your "championship pedigree" argument.

You're stupid, seriously.

Playoff experience, which Luke Walton has. No one said anything about championship pedigree.

Your championship pedigree didn't save your Spurs from getting bouched by the Mavericks two years ago.

Fact is, this Lakers team is not lacking in 'playoff experience', nor 'championship experience'. You're making this arbitrary value out to be something that will actually matter.

td4mvp21
03-02-2008, 11:41 PM
You're rather naive if you think that will be an issue. Seems like you don't watch Laker games.

Seems like you're rather biased towards a Lakers team that has proven nothing.

Cool, this Laker team does have two hall of famers: Kobe and Phil Jackson. Not to mention a future hall of famer in Andrew Bynum (yes I said it).
I'm talking about on the court. I don't think Phil Jackson plays on the Lakers :rolleyes. And I don't give a shit if you think Bynum will be a future hall of famer, he's not now. Deal.

But I was being sarcastic about the 40 and 20 thing. What I said means nothing, but it's sure as hell more legit than some crackpot 100 ppg theory the previous Spur fan spewed.
What are you talking about? There was no "theory". Are you illiterate? It is proven factually that the last team allowing 100 ppg to win an NBA championship was the '95 Rockets. Does that mean it will be the same this year? No. Is it factually proven? Yes. My God, pay attention when you read.

Enough said. Proving my earlier point that you haven't watched much of the Lakers this year. Chemistry is not an issue with his team, neither is playoff experience. People are just reaching at this point.
I'm not a Lakers fan, but I watch them when they are on national team. I'm assuming you don't watch many Spurs games but I'm not going to dangle that over your head at this point. I never said chemistry was an issue, the Lakers clearly have it. People are not reaching. That is laughable, it could be an issue come playoff time. COULD. Not WILL. COULD. None of us know what will happen. It's still something to consider and again, you're naive if you don't. But whatever, have fun in Lakerland!

Spurs are a very good team. I'm not so sure Spurs fan should be so cocky until they prove they can win back to back titles.

:hat

How was I being cocky? I have never said the Spurs are the best team in the NBA. I have never said the Spurs will win this year's title.

Warlord23
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
No, I take back whatever I said. I had momentarily forgotten about Luke Walton. Now that you have reminded me, I think the Spurs should just forfeit the season. I mean, why go up against the inevitable and face the wrath of Luke Walton's playoff experience?

21_Blessings
03-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Seems like you're rather biased towards a Lakers team that has proven nothing.

Oh look, the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm talking about on the court. I don't think Phil Jackson plays on the Lakers :rolleyes. And I don't give a shit if you think Bynum will be a future hall of famer, he's not now. Deal.

You didn't say on the court. And I don't give a shit what you think, doesn't change the fact that every Phil Jackson coached team that won 40 games before losing 20 games won the NBA championship. And Kobe, nor Scottie Pippen were hall of famers when they won their first titles with Phil. Deal.

What are you talking about? There was no "theory". Are you illiterate? It is proven factually that the last team allowing 100 ppg to win an NBA championship was the '95 Rockets.

First off, theory was that it has any relevance to this season, which it doesn't. Last I checked the season isn't even over yet and that value could change. But regardless, it is nothing but a crackpot theory that a retarded Spurs fan came up to 'prove why the Lakers won't win a title'.

Does that mean it will be the same this year? No. Is it factually proven? Yes. My God, pay attention when you read.

My God, pay attention to what you read you god damn retard. You completely took my comment out of context you hypocritical fool.

I'm not a Lakers fan, but I watch them when they are on national team. I'm assuming you don't watch many Spurs games but I'm not going to dangle that over your head at this point.

Actually I do watch the Spurs plays and I certainly know what Udoka is capable of. But since you don't know what Ariza is capable of I'll just laugh at you because you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Lakers.

I never said chemistry was an issue, the Lakers clearly have it. People are not reaching.

People are reaching when they are bringing up statistics from 1995 to prove a retarded point on the internet.

That is laughable, it could be an issue come playoff time.[/quote COULD. Not WILL. COULD. None of us know what will happen. It's still something to consider and again, you're naive if you don't. But whatever, have fun in Lakerland!

Keep telling yourself. You have already proven to everybody on the board that you don't watch Laker games. No, chemistry will not be an issue with this team. And you would realize that if you actually watched Laker games.

]

21_Blessings
03-02-2008, 11:56 PM
No, I take back whatever I said. I had momentarily forgotten about Luke Walton. Now that you have reminded me, I think the Spurs should just forfeit the season. I mean, why go up against the inevitable and face the wrath of Luke Walton's playoff experience?

Why even have the Western conference playoffs in the first place? The Spurs have a 14 inch championship pedigree cock that will block shots, play transition defense, dunk the basketball and shoot lighting bolts out of Greg Popovic's ass. No point in even playing the games. Lets just put the Spurs into the NBA finals right now even though they have never won back to back titles, were beaten fairly by the Dallas Mavericks two years ago and needed Tim Donaghy and nitpicky suspensions to get by the Phoenix Suns last year.

The NBA is quaking in fear.

Warlord23
03-02-2008, 11:58 PM
21 Blessings, you can't fix your abysmal IQ but you could try and improve your reading comprehension. I never said the Lakers can't win it all. I was just pointing out that they'd be an anomaly in the NBA with the number of points they give up. Go back to my initial post and show me where I said the Lakers cannot win the title?

Dumb posters like you are the reason Laker fans are thought of as bandwagoning jerks in general.

td4mvp21
03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Oh look, the pot calling the kettle black!
Oh, except for the fact that I ranked them ahead of the Spurs at this point in the season. I'm definitely biased against them :rolleyes Read through the thread.

You didn't say on the court.
It was understood, I didn't think I would have a Laker fan responding with a witty retort.

And I don't give a shit what you think, doesn't change the fact that every Phil Jackson coached team that won 40 games before losing 20 games won the NBA championship.
And it doesn't mean that it will happen again! Nothing is a given in the NBA. It could happen again. That's definitely a stat I would want on my side. But let's not concede the championship to the Lakers just because they won 40 games before losing 20.

And Kobe, nor Scottie Pippen were hall of famers when they won their first titles with Phil. Deal.

No fucking shit. Doesn't mean that their level of talent is any less of what it merits post-career.

First off, theory was that it has any relevance to this season, which it doesn't. Last I checked the season isn't even over yet and that value could change. But regardless, it is nothing but a crackpot theory that a retarded Spurs fan came up to 'prove why the Lakers won't win a title.

He brought up a good point, and he proved it factually. It's no crackpot theory, it's factually based. He said it was interesting to note. Maybe he was insinuating that that statistic meant the Lakers wouldn't win it, but I'm not going to argue that further.

Actually I do watch the Spurs plays and I certainly know what Udoka is capable of. But since you don't know what Ariza is capable of I'll just laugh at you because you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Lakers.

Kudos to you. But unfortunately, not everything revolving around the Lakers involves Trevor Ariza. I admitted I had not seen him play and did not make any assertion or guess based on his play.

People are reaching when they are bringing up statistics from 1995 to prove a retarded point on the internet.
You're calling it retarded because it's not what you want to hear. Suck it up and read the statistics. You are so fucking biased and seriously live in another world where everything is perfect, the Lakers are perfect, and everyone is going to bow down to the mighty Lakers in submission.

Keep telling yourself. You have already proven to everybody on the board that you don't watch Laker games. No, chemistry will not be an issue with this team. And you would realize that if you actually watched Laker games.

I have proven nothing of the sort. You've proven, on the contrary, that you are petty and fail to read what I post. I never, ever said that chemistry could be an issue. I clearly established that it would not be an issue. Again, go re-read my post. I said playoff experience could. I didn't say it was going to be. I said it could. Seriously, read what I write.

I find it ridiculous that you would insinuate that I am highly biased against the Lakers and know nothing about them when I have clearly established that they are the third best team in the NBA right now, in my eyes, ahead of my Spurs. That's called being objective. I wish I could say the same for you, but you live in Lakerland unfortunately. You, however, have shown you do not read what people post and instead present opinions based on your own whims and thoughts. Quit being so subjective.

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 12:11 AM
21 Blessings, you can't fix your abysmal IQ but you could try and improve your reading comprehension. I never said the Lakers can't win it all. I was just pointing out that they'd be an anomaly in the NBA with the number of points they give up. Go back to my initial post and show me where I said the Lakers cannot win the title?

It's not an anomaly if it has happened multiple times before. Do you even have a highschool diploma? Vintage San Antonio education.

Dumb posters like you are the reason Laker fans are thought of as bandwagoning jerks in general.

:spin

How dare I call you out on your retarded, reaching logic! I'm such a bandwagoning jerk!

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Oh, except for the fact that I ranked them ahead of the Spurs at this point in the season. I'm definitely biased against them :rolleyes Read through the thread.

Hypocrisy is grand.

It was understood, I didn't think I would have a Laker fan responding with a witty retort.

It was not understood since I proved your faulty logic wrong. Kobe and Pippen were not hall of famers when they first won titles. You're making this too easy.

And it doesn't mean that it will happen again! Nothing is a given in the NBA. It could happen again. That's definitely a stat I would want on my side. But let's not concede the championship to the Lakers just because they won 40 games before losing 20.

No shit! I used that crackpot theory in response to Mr. 1995 over there. Reading comprehension is your friend.

He brought up a good point, and he proved it factually. It's no crackpot theory, it's factually based. He said it was interesting to note. Maybe he was insinuating that that statistic meant the Lakers wouldn't win it, but I'm not going to argue that further.

No, it was not a good point. It was completely irrevelant. He did not prove shit factually. He just posted a completely irrevelant statistic. Hollinger would be so proud!

Kudos to you. But unfortunately, not everything revolving around the Lakers involves Trevor Ariza. I admitted I had not seen him play and did not make any assertion or guess based on his play.

Yes, but it proves you don't what you are takling about when it comes to Lakers basketball. Which I pointed out to you because, you thought chemistry (oh sorry, PLAYOFF experience, which the Lakers hve) could be an issue in the playoffs - which it won't be.

You're calling it retarded because it's not what you want to hear. Suck it up and read the statistics. You are so fucking biased and seriously live in another world where everything is perfect, the Lakers are perfect, and everyone is going to bow down to the mighty Lakers in submission.

Every Phil Jackson coached team that has won 40 before losing 20 has won the NBA championship! See, I can post completely irrevelant crackpot theories too! Don't make me bust out the LEAP year theory. Don't make me do it.

I have proven nothing of the sort. You've proven, on the contrary, that you are petty and fail to read what I post. I never, ever said that chemistry could be an issue. I clearly established that it would not be an issue. Again, go re-read my post. I said playoff experience could. I didn't say it was going to be. I said it could. Seriously, read what I write.

Seriously, these retarded cliches you're using are hilarious. Playoff experience will not be an issue since the Lakers have it.

I find it ridiculous that you would insinuate that I am highly biased against the Lakers and know nothing about them when I have clearly established that they are the third best team in the NBA right now, in my eyes, ahead of my Spurs. That's called being objective. I wish I could say the same for you, but you live in Lakerland unfortunately. You, however, have shown you do not read what people post and instead present opinions based on your own whims and thoughts. Quit being so subjective.

You're just as bias as I am, it's pretty clear. Quit being a hypocritical homer.

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
It's not an anomaly if it has happened multiple times before. Do you even have a highschool diploma? Vintage San Antonio education.

:spin

How dare I call you out on your retarded, reaching logic! I'm such a bandwagoning jerk!

So much for the So Cal schools. If you've ever been inside one, that is, you dumb cocksucker. It can have happened before for it to be called an anomaly. Anomaly is not the same as "Impossibility" or "Uniqueness"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anomaly

Maybe if your mom hadn't dropped you on your head we'd be having a reasonable conversation here, but like I said, your reading comprehension and general knowledge of the English language make this argument an unfair one. Thanks for playing.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-03-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm not expecting to win a ring this year. I just don't like being told that by a fucken Piston fan or you motherfuckers for that matter. Our defense sucks way too much to win a ring unless we get lucky like the Cavs did and make it all the way to the Finals which in case I hope we meet these Piston slugs because I believe we can take them.

I know the truth hurts but that's cool my point was just they are not the best team in the NBA go back and read the first post.

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
So much for the So Cal schools. If you've ever been inside one, that is, you dumb cocksucker. It can have happened before for it to be called an anomaly. Anomaly is not the same as "Impossibility" or "Uniqueness"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anomaly

Maybe if your mom hadn't dropped you on your head we'd be having a reasonable conversation here, but like I said, your reading comprehension and general knowledge of the English language make this argument an unfair one. Thanks for playing.

You're seriously the dumbest Spurs fan on the planet.

Lakers winning the NBA championship would never be considered an 'anomaly' you tool. They've been to 13 of the last 29 NBA finals.

Thanks for playing.

td4mvp21
03-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Hypocrisy is grand.
Where is the hypocrisy? Please explain to me how I am being a hypocrite.

It was not understood since I proved your faulty logic wrong. Kobe and Pippen were not hall of famers when they first won titles. You're making this too easy.

I'll give you that; my point was in fact that Jackson's other teams have had two elite players while this one only has one.

No shit! I used that crackpot theory in response to Mr. 1995 over there. Reading comprehension is your friend.

HE WAS STATING A FACT. THAT IS HOW DISCUSSIONS START. HE SAID IT WAS INTERESTING TO NOTE. HE'S STIRRING UP DISCUSSION WHICH IS WHAT AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD IS FOR. Unfortunately, you're cutting it short as you continue to display absolutely no intelligence.

No, it was not a good point. It was completely irrevelant. He did not prove shit factually. He just posted a completely irrevelant statistic. Hollinger would be so proud!

Are you this fucking stupid? Seriously, are this fucking stupid? It was a good point because in this day and age defense wins championships. Typically, 100 ppg allowed is not considered good defense. He was making a legitimate point that NO TEAM in the past 12 years has won a championship allowing 100 ppg. It is relevant because the topic of this thread is the Los Angeles Lakers and their status in the NBA, along with their chances to win the NBA Championship. It was relevant, you just didn't want to hear it because your so fucking busy jizzing your pants over the Lakers. It was interesting to read. Get the fuck over it.

Yes, but it proves you don't what you are takling about when it comes to Lakers basketball. Which I pointed out to you because, you thought chemistry (oh sorry, PLAYOFF experience, which the Lakers hve) could be an issue in the playoffs - which it won't be.

:dramaquee I don't know everything about the Lakers, I'll be the first to tell you that. But seriously, specifically quote to me where I exhibited limited knowledge of Lakers basketball-and quote something legitimate, not just something you didn't agree with. And as a team, the Lakers have very little playoff experience. They've been to the first round together, OMFG. Who the fuck cares, second round intensity is notches above first round intensity. It increases with each round. It will be interesting to see how their players can handle it, especially should they meet the Suns, Mavs, or Spurs.

Every Phil Jackson coached team that has won 40 before losing 20 has won the NBA championship! See, I can post completely irrevelant crackpot theories too!

That isn't an irrelevant fact. It's an interesting statistic and like I said, I would like to have that on my side. I offered disagreement with it, big fucking deal. Not everyone agrees with you, lakerfan.

Seriously, these retarded cliches you're using are hilarious. Playoff experience will not be an issue since the Lakers have it.

They have three players that have been to the Finals, along with a coach. Too bad that leaves 12 other players with minimal playoff experience. That includes Bynum who has yet to play in an important playoff game. Gasol hasn't even made it past the first round. If those four can make up for that, all the more praise to them.

You're just as bias as I am, it's pretty clear. Quit being a hypocritical homer.
Oh but it isn't. Ask any other person in this thread besides your dumbass.

I'm through discussing anything with you. You've proven to be fucking stupid and illiterate at the same time. You live in your own world and will only see what you want to see. Have fun with that, I can't imagine what you're going to do if the Lakers get eliminated. Would you pretend it didn't happen because you didn't want it to? Would you blame the referees? Would you going to blame Stern? Probably.

I might have exhibited some biased opinions, but I was very praiseworthy, albeit critical, of the Lakers. You've said hardly anything praiseworthy of the Spurs, all the while posting with homerism towards your Lakers. They are a damn good team. Definitely top 2 in the West. Are they legitimate contenders? Yep, definitely. It would be a lot more fun and much easier to enjoy their success if there weren't so many ignorant Laker fans like you who do nothing but jack off to what the media says, disregard facts, and refuse to believe anything negative about the Lakers. Truly a classic example of stupidity. See you in the playoffs, hopefully, motherfucker :toast

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:48 AM
I gotta rank them Spurs 1A and Lakers 1B. Conventional wisdom says the Spurs would edge out the Lakers in a playoff series, but that's why they play the games.

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 12:49 AM
You're seriously the dumbest Spurs fan on the planet.

Lakers winning the NBA championship would never be considered an 'anomaly' you tool. They've been to 13 of the last 29 NBA finals.

Thanks for playing.

What? What the fuck does 13 NBA finals have to do with this argument? What does it have to do with the anomaly of champions giving up 100 PPG or more? Of having more than zero play off series wins in the past? Are you seriously this pathetic? If you're getting whipped in an argument, the best you can do is to nut up and take it like a man. Instead you post some random nonsense about 13 NBA finals? Congrats, you've set a new standard for stupidity today.

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 12:53 AM
There's no point, td4mvp21. This guy has a similar mental makeup to da_suns_fan or SpursDynasty. No matter how much rational argument you put forward, it'll simply bounce off this tool's pea brain.

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 12:56 AM
What? What the fuck does 13 NBA finals have to do with this argument? What does it have to do with the anomaly of champions giving up 100 PPG or more?

Because you're argument is irrevelant and stupid. If the Lakers win a championship it sure as hell won't be an 'anomaly' and everybody on the planet will laugh at you.

Of having more than zero play off series wins in the past? Are you seriously this pathetic?

Are you dumb? Kobe, Fisher, Luke Walton and Phil Jackson have plenty of playoff series wins.

If you're getting whipped in an argument, the best you can do is to nut up and take it like a man. Instead you post some random nonsense about 13 NBA finals? Congrats, you've set a new standard for stupidity today.

Random nonsense? The Los Angeles Lakers winning CHAMPIONSHIPS is random nonsense? All 10 of them, really? Lets all hope you never breed. For humanity's sake.

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Because you're argument is irrevelant and stupid. If the Lakers win a championship it sure as hell won't be an 'anomaly' and everybody on the planet will laugh at you.

Again, what does this have to the original premise? Even if the Lakers win a title, they'll only be the third team in 3 decades to have given up so many points and win an NBA championship. That's an anomaly. Are you not able to comprehend this, cockface? This has nothing to do with how likely they are to win.

Are you this dumb? Kobe, Fisher, Luke Walton and Phil Jackson have plenty of playoff series wins.

That was with a set of proven veterans like Shaq, Horry, Fox. Not unproven newbies. This Laker team has done zilch in the postseason

Random nonsense? The Los Angeles Lakers winning CHAMPIONSHIPS is random nonsense? All 10 of them, really? Lets all hope you never breed. For humanity's sake.
You bet your retarded ass its random nonsense. Your franchise's past titles are as irrelevant to this argument as the past titles of teams like the Heat, Knicks, 76ers and Warriors.

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 01:09 AM

And how could I forget this? This douchebag "Laker fan" doesn't even know how many titles the Laker franchise has. You, 21 Blessings, are a one-man disgrace to Laker fans everywhere! Have fun winning arguments with your thorough knowledge of your team's history , "Laker fan"

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Where is the hypocrisy? Please explain to me how I am being a hypocrite.

Because you're a blatant homer.

I'll give you that; my point was in fact that Jackson's other teams have had two elite players while this one only has one.

Bbbbbbbbaackkpedal.

HE WAS STATING A FACT. THAT IS HOW DISCUSSIONS START. HE SAID IT WAS INTERESTING TO NOTE. HE'S STIRRING UP DISCUSSION WHICH IS WHAT AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD IS FOR. Unfortunately, you're cutting it short as you continue to display absolutely no intelligence.

It was an irrevelant statistic. Was not interesting whatsoever. Proved and meant nothing and I called him on it.

Are you this fucking stupid? Seriously, are this fucking stupid? It was a good point because in this day and age defense wins championships.

Are you this fucking stupid? PPG is a meaningless statistic when you don't factor in pace. You retard.

Typically, 100 ppg allowed is not considered good defense.

Lakers are 5th in defensive efficiency without their anchor and second best perimeter defender.

He was making a legitimate point that NO TEAM in the past 12 years has won a championship allowing 100 ppg.

It was not legit, it was irrevelant and pointless. Just like the 40 before 20 thing I sarcastically responded with.

It is relevant because the topic of this thread is the Los Angeles Lakers and their status in the NBA, along with their chances to win the NBA Championship.

That statistic has nothing to do with Lakers chances of winning a title this season. Thats reality. Therefore, irrevelant.

It was relevant, you just didn't want to hear it because your so fucking busy jizzing your pants over the Lakers. It was interesting to read. Get the fuck over it.

Just like your hypocritical homer ass didn't even balk at the 40 before 20 FACT. The statistic Mr. 1995 posted was completely irrevelant, not to mention disingenuous because he failed to factor in PACE.

:dramaquee I don't know everything about the Lakers, I'll be the first to tell you that.

We know. But seriously, specifically quote to me where I exhibited limited knowledge of Lakers basketball-and quote something legitimate, not just something you didn't agree with. And as a team, the Lakers have very little playoff experience. They've been to the first round together, OMFG.

Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant. STFU.

That isn't an irrelevant fact. It's an interesting statistic and like I said, I would like to have that on my side. I offered disagreement with it, big fucking deal. Not everyone agrees with you, lakerfan.

It is irrevelant, meaningless and disingenuous. Not mention: Retarded. Rational basketball fans are laughing at you and Warlord95 over there.

They have three players that have been to the Finals, along with a coach. Too bad that leaves 12 other players with minimal playoff experience.

They don't have minimal playoff experience. You're retarded. If you guys want to bring legit gripes about the Lakers chances, I'm all for it. But I call out retarded and irrevelant shit like this out.

I'm through discussing anything with you. You've proven to be fucking stupid and illiterate at the same time. You live in your own world and will only see what you want to see. Have fun with that, I can't imagine what you're going to do if the Lakers get eliminated. Would you pretend it didn't happen because you didn't want it to? Would you blame the referees? Would you going to blame Stern? Probably.

First you backpedal, now you're through with me. Oh no. Now I'm going to blame David Stern. I love your rational basketball anaylsis. Please stay and tell us more.

I might have exhibited some biased opinions, but I was very praiseworthy, albeit critical, of the Lakers.

You are biased. Just admit it.

You've said hardly anything praiseworthy of the Spurs, all the while posting with homerism towards your Lakers.

Because I'm too busy easily refuting retarded, reaching logic like the shit you and 95spursfan are spewing.

They are a damn good team. Definitely top 2 in the West. Are they legitimate contenders? Yep, definitely. It would be a lot more fun and much easier to enjoy their success if there weren't so many ignorant Laker fans like you who do nothing but jack off to what the media says, disregard facts, and refuse to believe anything negative about the Lakers.

The truth comes out. Media doesn't fellate your precious Spurs and you feel insulted. Boo hoo, cry more. Doesn't mean your posting of irrevelant statistics will have any bearing on the Lakers chances this season.

Truly a classic example of stupidity. See you in the playoffs, hopefully, motherfucker :toast

Yeah, let that bias homerism run rampant. You know ya like it. Feeeeeeling you!

Like I said, bring some rational discussion and I'm all for it. I have been of the opinion for awhile now that the Lakers will most likely lose to the Spurs in a playoff series if Bynun can not come back healthy.

But hey, please post more statistics from the early 90s!

DazedAndConfused
03-03-2008, 01:14 AM
The poor defense of the Lakers has more to due with the fact that Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza are injured right now than anything else. When they were healthy we were the #1 rebounding team in the league and top 10 in every defensive statistical category. In other words, we were one of the top defensive teams in the league.

This argument is a moot issue. When Bynum gets back Pau will slide over to his natural position at the PF spot and we will no longer be at a disadvantage in rebounding and interior defense. I see the Spurs fans making this same argument over and over again and it is really dumb. You think the Spurs would be a great defensive team without Duncan and Bowen playing? Of course not, but I would not be so quick to call them a pathetic defensive team if I knew those guys were coming back at some point.

Bynum's stats this year

13.1 ppg
10 rpb
2.1 bpg
64% FG
under 30mpg

He is absolutely vital to us being a championship team this season, without him we are 2nd tier no question.

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 01:23 AM
^^ Oh look a rational post. By a Laker fan? Who would have thought!

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 01:25 AM

Here you go "Laker fan" .... to help you get to know your beloved LA Lakers a little better .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers

10 championships :lmao

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 01:28 AM
There's no point, td4mvp21. This guy has a similar mental makeup to da_suns_fan or SpursDynasty. No matter how much rational argument you put forward, it'll simply bounce off this tool's pea brain.

Keep posting more irrevelant and meaningless statistics from the 90's thinking they are rational arguments. Thats what you seem to be good at, I guess. :wakeup

Findog
03-03-2008, 01:30 AM

DazedandConfused is just a Spurs fan pretending to be a Lakers fan like he's supposed to do. No surprises there.

Warlord23
03-03-2008, 01:30 AM
band·wag·on·er
- noun
In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.

example: All Lakers fans are bandwagoners, except maybe Jack Nicholson.

see also: 21 Blessings

Findog
03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
What are you guys even arguing about anymore? Western Conference Supremacy won't be decided for another 3 months. Bump this thread then.

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Here you go "Laker fan" .... to help you get to know your beloved LA Lakers a little better .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers

10 championships :lmao

And yes, all '10' championships once Bynum comes back. :hat

DazedAndConfused
03-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Veteran leadership and experience doesn't guarantee you ANYTHING. But go ahead and be arrogant Spurs fans, you and the Patriots fans may have a lot in common come June.

Tradition
03-03-2008, 01:37 AM
This thread also goes to show that we are truly back!! A hated team becoming the evil empire again! Keep the haters coming! I have missed this. God damn it is great to be back. :toast :toast

DazedAndConfused
03-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Yup the fact that the Lakers are receiving this much hate again from fans around the world means we must be good again.

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 01:46 AM
^^ You can taste the fear Spurs fan posts. You know your team is doing something right when they have to go back to 1995 for reasons why the Lakers won't win it this season.

J.T.
03-03-2008, 02:56 AM
^^ You can taste the fear Spurs fan posts. You know your team is doing something right when they have to go back to 1995 for reasons why the Lakers won't win it this season.

Just have to go back to 2004. Phil can't win without Shaq or Jordan.

LakeShow
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
This thread also goes to show that we are truly back!! A hated team becoming the evil empire again! Keep the haters coming! I have missed this. God damn it is great to be back. :toast :toast

Agreed! :toast